Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,720 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

Nigerian, Oyin Olukotun, Graduates With First Class From Cambridge University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian, Oyin Olukotun, Graduates With First Class From Cambridge University (27844 Views)

Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie / Habiba Sule Adejoh Graduates With First Class From University College London / Malcom Ebose, Best Graduating Student Of His Class From Cambridge University UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian, Oyin Olukotun, Graduates With First Class From Cambridge University by naijaclass(m): 9:02pm On Jul 05, 2022
A beautiful lady, Oyin Olukotun, has shared her joy after graduating from Cambridge with a first class degree in Law

Three years ago, she failed the entrance exams into Cambridge but she refused to give up. Today, she has graduated with a first class from the same school.

"I am extremely proud of my achievement. I have gotten what my 16 year old self could only dream of", she said.

Oyin suffered imposter syndrome The young lady said she suffered imposter syndrome (the persistent inability to believe that one's success is deserved or has been legitimately achieved as a result of one's own efforts or skills).

In her words: "Having felt imposter syndrome regularly throughout the degree to placing within the top 15% of my cohort, I have achieved what my 16 year old self could only dream of and am extremely proud of my achievement.

I could not have completed this degree without the encouragement and support of my friends, family and pastoral support at my college. I remain eternally grateful. I now look forward to starting Thursday and Friday with CMS Academy tomorrow✨."

https://www.legit.ng/people/1477995-i-have-achieved-what-i-never-thought-i-would-nigerian-lady-excited-shebags-degree-law-from-cambridge/?fbclid=IwAR0AmkmRv6ZShfdnixKr04HRGxS68m2854eq-pvcf-TD9Sy-jq--9JHAuCE

72 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerian, Oyin Olukotun, Graduates With First Class From Cambridge University by immortalcrown(m): 9:04pm On Jul 05, 2022
Okay. She no get name abi her name never graduate?

Modified
For those quoting and insulting me, the girl's name was not on the post when I commented. The name was not even in the caption. The caption was "Nigerian girl graduates...". The first sentence in the body was the same way without her name. But now, it looks as if I did not read before commenting. But I have learnt one thing. The best way to point out any error in a post is to quote the exact content of the post and even add a screenshot of it. The post was initially like a click bait. The poster, after reading my comment, edited both the caption and the body. I have been on Nairaland for many years. There is nothing like I trying to be the first commenter here. If I want to be the first commenter on a post, I use full stop (.) to secure the space and put my comment after reading the post.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian, Oyin Olukotun, Graduates With First Class From Cambridge University by dollynnn(f): 9:05pm On Jul 05, 2022
Beauty with brains

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian, Oyin Olukotun, Graduates With First Class From Cambridge University by Saviourk: 9:24pm On Jul 05, 2022
immortalcrown:
Okay. She no get name abi her name never graduate?
Go back and read the post again.Always rushing to comment smiley

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian, Oyin Olukotun, Graduates With First Class From Cambridge University by immortalcrown(m): 9:25pm On Jul 05, 2022
Saviourk:
Go back and read the post again.Always rushing to comment smiley
You are the one who rushed to post it. Just swallow your pride and say you have edited the post.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian, Oyin Olukotun, Graduates With First Class From Cambridge University by Saviourk: 9:25pm On Jul 05, 2022
What a feat! congrats to her

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian, Oyin Olukotun, Graduates With First Class From Cambridge University by Saviourk: 9:26pm On Jul 05, 2022
immortalcrown:
You are the one who rushed to post it. Just swallow your pride and say you have edited the post.
Edited what?Am not the poster smiley

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian, Oyin Olukotun, Graduates With First Class From Cambridge University by immortalcrown(m): 9:29pm On Jul 05, 2022
Saviourk:
Edited what?Am not the poster smiley
The post has been edited. I read it well before commenting. The name was not there when I read it. I have been on Nairaland for many years. There is nothing like I trying to be the first commenter here. If I want to be the first commenter on a post, I use full stop (.) to secure the space and put my comment after reading the post.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian, Oyin Olukotun, Graduates With First Class From Cambridge University by Saviourk: 9:31pm On Jul 05, 2022
immortalcrown:
The post has been edited. I read it well before commenting. The name was not there when I read it.
Ok, apologies.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian, Oyin Olukotun, Graduates With First Class From Cambridge University by InfernoNig: 9:39pm On Jul 05, 2022
I love her smile. Makes my heart beats faster and gives me butterfly in my stomach. Kiss baby girl and congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian, Oyin Olukotun, Graduates With First Class From Cambridge University by godofuck231: 10:45pm On Jul 05, 2022
She would fail in nigeria ,trust me

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian, Oyin Olukotun, Graduates With First Class From Cambridge University by Venerable612(m): 11:35am On Jul 06, 2022
godofuck231:
She would fail in nigeria ,trust me

Everything and everyone won’t have a hard life bro… try to celebrate others’ achievements without belittling their efforts.

Cambridge University is top 4 University globally - so she doesn’t have to be able to make a first in a Nigerian University.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian, Oyin Olukotun, Graduates With First Class From Cambridge University by ExplorerReturns(m): 11:41am On Jul 06, 2022
Nigeria have intelligent and beautiful people. Na APC government just kill this country.
Automate your hotel room booking business and eliminate fraud with this complete hotel management system with ability of guests to make and pay for reservation online. Also comes with an Android app and lots of features. Check my signature for complete details
Re: Nigerian, Oyin Olukotun, Graduates With First Class From Cambridge University by God1000(m): 12:13pm On Jul 06, 2022
Congrats to her, she's an egghead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian, Oyin Olukotun, Graduates With First Class From Cambridge University by havenz(m): 12:14pm On Jul 06, 2022
I for graduate with first class o but ASUU strike no gree me concentrate for book i come kukuma go concentrate to look for money, las las 2:1 follow me fallout but all the same GOD no go Shame the legal hustlers in this nation, Amen.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian, Oyin Olukotun, Graduates With First Class From Cambridge University by awoniyi1236(m): 12:14pm On Jul 06, 2022
Cuppy nko ?
Re: Nigerian, Oyin Olukotun, Graduates With First Class From Cambridge University by NaijaCover(m): 12:14pm On Jul 06, 2022
Welcome Development

1 Like

Re: Nigerian, Oyin Olukotun, Graduates With First Class From Cambridge University by anonimi: 12:14pm On Jul 06, 2022
ExplorerReturns:
Nigeria have intelligent and beautiful people

And why has that not helped the country out of its world capital of extreme poverty and highest number of out-of-school children?
Even Lagos that Thiefnuibu agberos hala about is a shithole literally & practically.

Findings by Daily Trust Saturday revealed that many traders in different markets across the state defecate in polythene bags or a four-litre paint bucket with cover, which they stuck under slabs along the roads while those who use bucket empty their faeces into nearby gutters, water channels or canals at the close of the day.

Daily Trust Saturday reporter once sighted a full-grown sane man defecating on the Ikeja bridge leading to Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way at about 9am. He was seen bending close to other dry excreta in the full glare of motorists who drove past him.

Aside from open defecation, another common practice is public urination, which takes place virtually everywhere and practiced by all classes of people residing in the state including elite, illiterates, male, female, young and old.

The guiltiest are the men (young and old) as they empty their bladders in the full glare of the public, at any time and anywhere with total disregard for the law against such practice. Commercial bus drivers and conductors while stuck in traffic normally alight to pass urine right on the tarred road by their buses, without considering that the smell of urine can be offensive.

Hoodlums, street urchins and people who are homeless and sleep in open places like under bridges, roadside, shops, markets etc are also guilty of this practice as they freely defecate and urinate anywhere they deem fit.

https://dailytrust.com/open-defecation-urination-defacing-lagos-city

itubaba001:
Lagos, the commercial hub of Nigeria, has been ranking as one of the worst places to live in the world for the nine straight years, a BusinessDay analysis shows.

Data from the 2019 Global Liveability Index published by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), the world’s leader in global business intelligence, shows the city has been within the range of 137th-139th position out of a total of 140 cities in the world from year 2011-2019.

https://businessday.ng/uncategorized/article/lagos-ranks-amongst-worst-cities-to-live-in-for-nine-straight-years/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian, Oyin Olukotun, Graduates With First Class From Cambridge University by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 12:14pm On Jul 06, 2022
Wow impressive

1 Like

Re: Nigerian, Oyin Olukotun, Graduates With First Class From Cambridge University by Cooker37(m): 12:14pm On Jul 06, 2022
Congrat

1 Like

Re: Nigerian, Oyin Olukotun, Graduates With First Class From Cambridge University by SlavaUkraini: 12:14pm On Jul 06, 2022
awoniyi1236:
Cuppy nko ?

She may currently be Stroking the Big Black Dick of Anthony Joshua.

If Anthony Joshua lose the Next Fight, Cuppy should be held responsible.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian, Oyin Olukotun, Graduates With First Class From Cambridge University by LegendHero(m): 12:15pm On Jul 06, 2022
awoniyi1236:
Cuppy nko ?

We never know her grade. She only told us about her thesis.
Re: Nigerian, Oyin Olukotun, Graduates With First Class From Cambridge University by Sergio101(m): 12:15pm On Jul 06, 2022
smiley

Yoruba Amaka

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian, Oyin Olukotun, Graduates With First Class From Cambridge University by Futuristics(m): 12:15pm On Jul 06, 2022
congrats to her
meanwhile at a cheap price DM me for your logo and flyer design

1 Like

Re: Nigerian, Oyin Olukotun, Graduates With First Class From Cambridge University by Iamfavored: 12:15pm On Jul 06, 2022
immortalcrown:
cheesy
Re: Nigerian, Oyin Olukotun, Graduates With First Class From Cambridge University by Bar1941(m): 12:16pm On Jul 06, 2022
Brilliant and modest, unlike some noisy people that only like to beat chest for nothing. Awon chinko.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian, Oyin Olukotun, Graduates With First Class From Cambridge University by Omniman(m): 12:16pm On Jul 06, 2022
cool
Re: Nigerian, Oyin Olukotun, Graduates With First Class From Cambridge University by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 06, 2022
No one will give her award because she didn't dance nakedly on the stage. Congrats beauty

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian, Oyin Olukotun, Graduates With First Class From Cambridge University by CheapHomes1: 12:17pm On Jul 06, 2022
naijaclass:

https://www.legit.ng/people/1477995-i-have-achieved-what-i-never-thought-i-would-nigerian-lady-excited-shebags-degree-law-from-cambridge/?fbclid=IwAR0AmkmRv6ZShfdnixKr04HRGxS68m2854eq-pvcf-TD9Sy-jq--9JHAuCE

Which one is imposter syndrome again? These people just come with all sorts of names to make it look like there's one big thing they overcame to attain success

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASUU STRIKE:- NANS Factions Exchange Blows In Abuja / 10 Grammar Mistakes That Almost Everyone Makes — And How You Can Avoid Them / Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.