Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,334 members, 7,829,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? (21259 Views)

Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J / Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business / Should I Quit My Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Paulianfa(m): 2:31pm On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:
I am currently working with a church that pays me 61k monthly.

I have a calling to start up my own ministry and I am there for learning.

So, I am thinking to quit to start a job job as a sienna driver in a company that pays 50k monthly, I just want to experience outside work and also raise money to start up my ministry.

So, I need some advice.

From 61k to 50k hmmmm sorooo
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Clementz0(m): 2:31pm On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:

So, I am thinking to quit to start a job job as a sienna driver in a company that pays 50k monthly, I just want to experience outside work and also raise money to start up my ministry.

So, I need some advice.
Talk to God, if truly his the one that called you never forget the way that seemeth good to a man the end is destruction just my own piece of advice
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by DukeNija(m): 2:31pm On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:

So, I need some advice.

The Pastorial ministry is a calling and not a job. You can’t quit a calling.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by gracealonev: 2:31pm On Jul 07, 2022
So your ministry counsellors are on Nairaland?
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Jointheir7(f): 2:31pm On Jul 07, 2022
Question: who called you?

If you called yourself, do as you please ( and bear the consequences). But if God called you? Better go back to Him for instructions, clarity and guidance NOT nairalanders.
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by iramure(m): 2:32pm On Jul 07, 2022
Guy, be truthful to yourself, no any god called you. As a matter of fact, no any god called anyone even those mega pastors, everybody just need to be engaged doing something for a living. If i were u, i would go with sienna driver cos if you dont bring money to church, they will still sack you. Religion na scam.
Creflor dollar don open pastors yabch
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by faqir(m): 2:32pm On Jul 07, 2022
Is pastoring a job/carrier?

U better go face ur transportation buz and continue doing pastoring of a thing
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Goodgesture(m): 2:33pm On Jul 07, 2022
You admit you have a calling and u re privileged to be in training under a church while being paid.Bro where are you?.And what do intend to achieve as a driver while you are earning 61k and also preparing for your future.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by FullBlastLight: 2:35pm On Jul 07, 2022
boldx:
Luke 14:16 - 19

16 Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many:

17 And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready.

18 And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused.

19 And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused.

What exactly is ur point, dude?
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by chii8(f): 2:35pm On Jul 07, 2022
Hmmm...first of all, I sincerely wish to commend, the people who have already commented, I'm indeed surprise. People,here are wonderful, it's just these politicians and the poor economy that is dividing us.

Oga, Pastor,If God called you,He will always guide and direct you....God leads His people besides the still waters to give them peace and comfort.You are in ministrial job paying you #61k to look for a #50k job? You sound like someone under a demonic seige... sorry,if I sound harsh.Read Judges 6, you will understand what I'm saying.Go for a serious deliverance prayers because you really need it.When you are done with it, confusion will be eliminated in your life.

May God who called you, direct you accordingly.Amen!
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Daniluv1(m): 2:36pm On Jul 07, 2022
It's obvious God never called you at first.
You try dey call God but as nor come pick your call na to find another alternative to survive as pastor work nor profit you
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Odunayaw(m): 2:37pm On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:

So, I need some advice.
Let me assume you're genuine and not a random nairalander looking for clout

Have you considered talking to the God who called you first and seeking counsel from your mentors?

It's on Nairaland you're seeking wisdom for a job they didn't call you to.

I'm not being harsh. This is irresponsible

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by aalangel(f): 2:41pm On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:

So, I need some advice.

Pastoral job....is being a Pastor work or calling. From what you're saying, you're not called into ministry. Just go into the world, work and use your money to build the Church of Jesus Christ. You need to be discipled. You have no business being a Pastor since you see it as a "job".

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by AmeLonRo(m): 2:43pm On Jul 07, 2022
You can combine both. You do ministry and you do transport. When the ministry stands well, you will then leave the transport business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIrhFHDpKMY
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Ephemzy1752: 2:46pm On Jul 07, 2022
If you can't save from your 61k pastoral job tell the house how you want to save from a 50k Siena job....
1vid:

So, I need some advice.
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by chatinent: 2:46pm On Jul 07, 2022
You dey do IT for church?
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by YourNextLevel(m): 2:50pm On Jul 07, 2022
No. Dont do it for the money. Get a side business and continue to work in vine yard. Thanks brother and may my great Lord Jesus make way for you
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Amayabor1: 2:50pm On Jul 07, 2022
Bringing this matter here instead of taking it to God means you probably were not called into ministry sha.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by bmdmix15: 2:50pm On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:

So, I need some advice.
God is not calling u u are simply bored of preaching.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by delman88(m): 2:52pm On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:

So, I need some advice.

Were you called by God or na you call God??

Or hunger initiated the calling?

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by perodizico1(m): 2:53pm On Jul 07, 2022
You might get into debt or trouble if you go, cause have seena case like this before
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by tfelicityk(m): 2:53pm On Jul 07, 2022
If you are actually called as you claimed. Continue with it, if it is assumption do otherwise.
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by tommy20: 2:54pm On Jul 07, 2022
Haha!!
You current pay is N61000 in a church that comes with honorarium gift & you are still undergoing training yet they are paying you to master the 'suppose call you hear from God" & you are considering going for a job with lesser offer N50k?

Sir, are you sure God called you? If yes, master the Craft & still to it.

Shalom

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by hardon1(m): 2:56pm On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:

So, I need some advice.

If the vehicle were yours, I would asked you go for it. As no be your moto so, stay where u are, save more and build relationships towards the ministry you intend to kick-start
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by treatise: 2:56pm On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:

So, I need some advice.
Seek the face of God. BTW, is pastoring now a job or calling?

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Mystery9(m): 2:56pm On Jul 07, 2022
The one that give you the calling should tell you. Why are some people bringing mockery to God's kingdom?
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Golan007: 3:00pm On Jul 07, 2022
Nairaland threads.

grin
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by meobizy(f): 3:03pm On Jul 07, 2022
It’s not a bad idea. Go for it. I initially thought the transport job paid more. I will advice that God (if real) will want you to make as much money as possible while youthful.
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Obriks: 3:05pm On Jul 07, 2022
Na God call am
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by TGLINKS(m): 3:06pm On Jul 07, 2022
Nija nawaa oooo
U said God call u but u d seal advice from ndi uwa abi ? church d pay u 61k and u wan enter road for 50k abi ?oga I beg u carri ur Kross give me d motor company address tnx answer ur call tnx
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by henryadex(m): 3:06pm On Jul 07, 2022
You've not really learnt anything spiritually to stand on your own I bet you will not take 3 steps before you fall yakata you are not submitting for proper incubation. When you have done this the spirit will work out your leaving
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 07, 2022
Offpoint1:
grin who called you? God or sapa?
LMAO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

N-power Screening Requirement For Every Applicant. (picture ) / Orezone!? Gold Quest!?: The Sinister Plot Of Qnet. Job Scam In Burkina Faso / I Just Got This Text,does Anyone Know Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.