Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,234 members, 7,829,424 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? (21256 Views)

Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J / Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business / Should I Quit My Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Tabletuner(m): 4:56pm On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:
I am currently working with a church that pays me 61k monthly.

I have a calling to start up my own ministry and I am there for learning.

So, I am thinking to quit to start a job job as a sienna driver in a company that pays 50k monthly, I just want to experience outside work and also raise money to start up my ministry.

So, I need some advice.

It was wrong of you to bring this here
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by 2buffagain(m): 4:58pm On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:

So, I am thinking to quit to start a job job as a sienna driver in a company that pays 50k monthly, I just want to experience outside work and also raise money to start up my ministry.

So, I need some advice.

If you are truly called as you say, shouldn't this be a conversation you should be having with The Holy Spirit?
Sounds to me like ministry is just a "job" for you and you actually have not built relationship with who should be giving you direction at this point in your life.

Before asking a bunch of nairalanders, what has God told you?
If you cannot hear God for yourself, how can you hear God for others?

Sadly there are many "pastors" like this. Never heard a word from God in a while or all their life, relying only on jingoism and theatrics to woo crowd.
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Mrtaye: 5:24pm On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:

So, I need some advice.
So can't you save from the money you collect at your present church to start your own
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by newoffer: 5:37pm On Jul 07, 2022
Nobody called u before. Na u call yourselfquote author=1vid post=114477168]I am currently working with a church that pays me 61k monthly.

So, I need some advice. [/quote]
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by latolz: 5:52pm On Jul 07, 2022
Do what pushes you passionately and be happy doing it..

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Wpp1: 5:53pm On Jul 07, 2022
Yeah
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by longifilis(m): 6:06pm On Jul 07, 2022
valentineuwakwe:

Seek the face of God on this too....atleast he wont be wrong in directing u again!

Seek waiting? If God should truly called him, He won't tell him to go out and settled for a transport job. If he is interested in the job should go for it.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by DrDunamis(m): 6:43pm On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:

So, I need some advice.
Good day to you Sir, how are you?
Galatians1.16 - Then he revealed his Son to me so that I could proclaim the Good News about Jesus to the Gentiles. When all this happened to me, I did not rush out to consult with anyone else;

I'm wondering why you'd come to this space for such a sensitive matter. God called you, why not talk to Him about everything?
Well, as the man of God Pastor Chris will always say "God calls people into the ministry and He doesn't call anyone out of the ministry".
I know if it's time for you to transition to your own ministry the Spirit of God will orchestrate the move for you. And the idea of you wanting to save money for your ministry is human wisdom which wouldn't stand. God will not give you the opportunity to brag about sponsoring His work, He called you, He will sponsor and finance you.
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Tonyx5(m): 6:54pm On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:

Na lie oga nobody call you
So, I need some advice.
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Tonyx5(m): 6:54pm On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:

So, I need some advice.
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 07, 2022
DenreleDave:
.. God didn't call you, you called God grin grin grin grin

I wunt be surprised if you are part of those people that paid to learn speaking in tongues.

Iranu grin grin grin

Na their laziness and greed they call them.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Nnamaka1: 7:20pm On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:

So, I need some advice.

Whom are you expecting advice from? Man or God?.
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Blue86(m): 7:25pm On Jul 07, 2022
Let the pastor release you. No release yourself. Stay there
1vid:

So, I need some advice.
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by dapadawee: 7:27pm On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:

So, I am thinking to quit to start a job job as a sienna driver in a company that pays 50k monthly, I just want to experience outside work and also draise money to start up my ministry.
That question is for God.
Please be encouraged no work is better rewardable than Gods work. It has a generational blessing

So, I need some advice.
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by 1vid(m): 7:48pm On Jul 07, 2022
I really appreciate nairaland for bringing this to front page.

To those against me seeking advice, Jah still bless you. For those saying I should have source of income with ministry Jah bless your more.

To me, is only in Nigeria you see pastor don't do any work and be putting his or her life in members neck.

I want to be a pastor that work and when God uses people to bless me and my ministry it will be addition.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 07, 2022
1vid:

So, I need some advice.

Na money called you into ministry?
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by 1vid(m): 8:27pm On Jul 07, 2022
If the vehicle were yours, I would asked you go for it. As no be your moto so, stay where u are, save more and build relationships towards the ministry you intend to kick-start.

Thanks so much.

Many tot God has not put answers of life in men.

For those against me seeking advice here, are not a Christian.

For their information, I am really blessed by many people advice and opinions.
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by 1vid(m): 8:28pm On Jul 07, 2022
This line of thought just raised waves of doubt in me. Are you sure you have a call to start a ministry?

I'm in doubt already. If you have truly heard God, you shouldn't nurse this doubt.

If you hear God, why does the opinion of man matters?

By the way, when did shepherding (pastoring) becomes a job?

What you really need now is a proper discipleship and an accurate understanding of the gospel.

You will never have any wrong considerations again.

Thanks so much.

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by 1vid(m): 8:28pm On Jul 07, 2022
If it was God that called you; ask God.

Thanks so much.

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by 1vid(m): 8:30pm On Jul 07, 2022
You idea is good, but you are being paid 61k presently

Have you thought of how to cope with a transport business with a salary of 50k

What makes you think you are going to save more there.

This is the reason I am here.
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by 1vid(m): 8:30pm On Jul 07, 2022
For someone who said God called him, that's if you are really sure of yourself, this may not be the best place to get the best advice. You can seek out a genuine man or woman of God who hears from God. You should go to them for directions. You can also wait upon God for some days. He will reveal some things to you

Thanks so much.

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by 1vid(m): 8:31pm On Jul 07, 2022
Who called you? A person called by God won't be writing this. Secondly, I think you are immature to go into ministry

Thanks so much.

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by 1vid(m): 8:31pm On Jul 07, 2022
Too much fruitless ministries and fake callings everywhere in that country. Nobody gave you a calling in a country where there are more than 4 churches in one street and one of the most immoral country on earth.

I can bet that God never gave you a any calling.

This is the new testament dispensation and all Christians have the same calling.

Oga, go for the transportation job. We need less "people with callings" in Nigerian.

Thanks so much.

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by 1vid(m): 8:33pm On Jul 07, 2022
Good day to you Sir, how are you?
Galatians1.16 - Then he revealed his Son to me so that I could proclaim the Good News about Jesus to the Gentiles. When all this happened to me, I did not rush out to consult with anyone else;

I'm wondering why you'd come to this space for such a sensitive matter. God called you, why not talk to Him about everything?
Well, as the man of God Pastor Chris will always say "God calls people into the ministry and He doesn't call anyone out of the ministry".
I know if it's time for you to transition to your own ministry the Spirit of God will orchestrate the move for you. And the idea of you wanting to save money for your ministry is human wisdom which wouldn't stand. God will not give you the opportunity to brag about sponsoring His work, He called you, He will sponsor and finance you.

Thanks so much.

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by AngelicBeing: 8:36pm On Jul 07, 2022
sad
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by fakati(m): 8:38pm On Jul 07, 2022
61k-50k=10k. What on earth will make you entertain such thought in the first place leaving the ministry for a secular job that will even pay you lower compared to what you are receiving in the ministry, I pray the light of God guide you when it's time to be on your own God that called you will not dissapoint you He is able.
Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by 1vid(m): 8:41pm On Jul 07, 2022
Now, I want you to pose this question to yourself.

61k without stress and hassles, and transport biz with a lot of stress, hustle and bustle everyday with a pay not up to 55k, which is better. Give a straight forward answer and choose the one that is better.

Thanks so much.

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by 1vid(m): 8:42pm On Jul 07, 2022
You want to leave enjoyment for sufferness? I think you need deliverance asap

Thanks so much.

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by 1vid(m): 8:42pm On Jul 07, 2022
Me I am working in a church that's paying 5k monthly stipend according to them, I am looking for a better ministerial appointment. You are joking with yours of 61k?

Abeg, make you better sit back and watch God changing your life

Thanks so much.

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by 1vid(m): 8:43pm On Jul 07, 2022
OP whether God called you or you called God make sure to have multiple streams of churches financial Income means...
[/b]
Deep Quote:
Religion na politics in Africa especially in Nigeria.

@Seniorwriter

Thanks so much.

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by 1vid(m): 8:44pm On Jul 07, 2022
I don't get it. You want to raise money and you're opting for 50k instead 61k. You're not even a true pastor talk more of having a calling to start your own ministry. One day you could leave the ministry to go and do oil company job of 250k with this mindset. You even saw a church paying you 61k and you're still thinking like this. You called yourself into this not God. This is funny even.

Thanks so much.

Re: Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? by 1vid(m): 8:45pm On Jul 07, 2022
You can be a transporter and still be a pastor.

Except that the conditions of the Church's work prevents you from doing anything else while with them.

Thanks so much.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

N-power Screening Requirement For Every Applicant. (picture ) / Orezone!? Gold Quest!?: The Sinister Plot Of Qnet. Job Scam In Burkina Faso / I Just Got This Text,does Anyone Know Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.