Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,443 members, 7,846,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:06 AM

Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury (15537 Views)

Brazil's Gabriel Jesus Is Out Of The Rest Of The World Cup Due To Injury / 2018 African Women's Nations Cup Draw And Fixtures / Nigeria Vs Gambia: Women's Nations Cup Qualifier - 6 - 0 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by lakeside30: 3:11pm On Jul 06, 2022
Better o, first match she no play anything self

2 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:11pm On Jul 06, 2022
Oh Our WOLRD!!

Get well soon dearie kiss

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by Brightreporter: 3:12pm On Jul 06, 2022
Video Scenes from Kuje Prison After Attack by Terrorists
Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRtdwSFc-CY
Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by RESTMOUTH99(m): 3:12pm On Jul 06, 2022
G
Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by Buje1987(m): 3:13pm On Jul 06, 2022
Truetalk3139:
They all played rubbish

Absolutely rubbish . Not an encouraging match

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 06, 2022
The face of the tournament. Nawaa o
Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by Odaveboy(m): 3:17pm On Jul 06, 2022
Super falcons don ja be that........
Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by zinizta: 3:21pm On Jul 06, 2022
festacman:
Likely she was never fully fit for our match against South Africa. If she was then she brought this injury to herself by playing half-heartedly. In my opinion, at this point and with her current attitude, she is placing FC Barceloba above wearing Nigeria's jersey.

May be playing without her will help.

Good news for Gift Monday and the Ikechukwu girl.

Good news for South Africa too.
Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by lexy2014: 3:22pm On Jul 06, 2022
festacman:
Likely she was never fully fit for our match against South Africa. If she was then she brought this injury to herself by playing half-heartedly. In my opinion, at this point and with her current attitude, she is placing FC Barceloba above wearing Nigeria's jersey.

Be like say you know. I have never seen oshoala as an asset to super falcons
Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by fubsy: 3:24pm On Jul 06, 2022
festacman:

That's not true. When she had that clash, I told those watching with me that that was the end of the tournament for her. In fact, she tried to return. I had a similar incident since May this year, and I've not returned to the pitch yet.

2 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by meobizy(f): 3:27pm On Jul 06, 2022
Watch her catch depression again. Lol. Weak-minded human being.
Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by lexy2014: 3:27pm On Jul 06, 2022
Odaveboy:
Super falcons don ja be that........

What was she doing for super falcons before?

3 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by lexy2014: 3:29pm On Jul 06, 2022
TriCee:
E don finish. Na she most African women players dey fear for that team

Quick recovery champ.
Story. And she de there when south Africa knack us 2. Why she no score?

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by dammyco(m): 3:29pm On Jul 06, 2022
Get well soon.
Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by Never4getU: 3:32pm On Jul 06, 2022
One lost to south africa has made her irrelevant player to the team i guess?

festacman:

Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by Makowonda: 3:32pm On Jul 06, 2022
I don't think that the 9 times winner of this competition would lift the trophy this time.

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by foreshore(m): 3:33pm On Jul 06, 2022
etokhana:

https://twitter.com/thenff/status/1544659950605156357?t=JVUU_C0TC9uStoCO0u_u4g&s=19

She was substituted in the 81st minute in the Falcons 2-1 defeat to South Africa.

Useless player. Over rated. She was one of the reasons Nigeria lost

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by Robertbh(m): 3:39pm On Jul 06, 2022
Good news. Her return destabilized the team. Falcons played better at the qualifiers and friendly without her. Let Ifeoma Onumonu play 9

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by fubsy: 3:45pm On Jul 06, 2022
foreshore:

Useless player. Over rated. She was one of the reasons Nigeria lost
I think Nigeria lost because of the style of play. They were only playing long passes, that were not working. The players also loved being with the ball, but were unable to do so. Whereas, the South Africans ensured that the ball did most of the movements through short, but effective passes. If not for our wing backs, we would have conceded more goals. My advice is that Nigerians should play as a team rather than showcasing individual brilliance. Otherwise, the Super Falcons will not get the trophy (that is if they are able to get to the finals). South Africa's Bayana Bayana are technically better.

2 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by Tetero9(m): 3:45pm On Jul 06, 2022
She plays better for Barca, I pray other lads can step up.
Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by rickleye: 3:49pm On Jul 06, 2022
festacman:

Who wouldn't ! I mean its a source of pride playing for National Team. But playing for NT doesn't put food on her table, allow her to give back to the community and live a comfortable life and name recognition. Now she is injured and the more she is out - the business are looking for her replacement. In my opinion she shouldn't have played if she wasn't healthy.

2 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by foreshore(m): 3:51pm On Jul 06, 2022
fubsy:

I think Nigeria lost because of the style of play. They were only playing long passes, that were not working. The players also loved being with the ball, but were unable to do so. Whereas, the South Africans ensured that the ball did most of the movements through short, but effective passes. If not for our wing backs, we would have conceded more goals. My advice is that Nigerians should play as a team rather than showcasing individual brilliance. Otherwise, the Super Falcons will not get the trophy (that is if they are able to get to the finals). South Africa's Bayana Bayana are technically better.

You are right. Some players too have over stayed their usefulness and can not compete well with the younger players who are more aspiring.

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by 9jaRealist: 3:51pm On Jul 06, 2022
etokhana:
https://twitter.com/thenff/status/1544659950605156357?t=JVUU_C0TC9uStoCO0u_u4g&s=19

She was substituted in the 81st minute in the Falcons 2-1 defeat to South Africa.

GET WELL SOON, SUPERZEE! cool

You could see her knee buckle at the moment of impact (it was similar to Ndidi’s injury)…
But unfortunately our Oyinbo coach had only one tactic - pump it up to Oshoala - and thus kept her on.

>

3 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by Robertbh(m): 3:55pm On Jul 06, 2022
Grandmaster2022:
Its a welcome development. A blessing in disguise.They don't give in all when playing for Nigeria.Did you watch the aisha buhari cup in Lagos. When one gift Monday will come in 5 minutes to go and do the needful.

Exactly. The coach left her on the Bench

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by 9jaRealist: 3:57pm On Jul 06, 2022
Samunique:
Why taking an unfit player to the major tournament in the first place?
zolajpower:
Take care asisat she's not Fit for that competition. Infact they re all struggling. South Africa will win that trophy
festacman:

valentineuwakwe:
Story..na she fake the injury cos she no dey fit for the tournament in the first place

She was fully fit…
The injury happened early in the game.

If anything, it was because she was playing “full heartedly”…
She went in full tilt for that tackle, and you could see her knee buckle upon impact.

It was similar to Ndidi’s tackle at Leicester, and I immediately suspected a similar injury…
Unfortunately, our coach’s tactic seemed to be to pump it to Oshoala to chase, and thus they kept her on.
>

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by 9jaRealist: 4:01pm On Jul 06, 2022
Makowonda:
I don't think that the 9 times winner of this competition would lift the trophy this time.

Primary goal is to make it to the semis and qualify for the World Cup…
After that, everything else is gravy. Even if they don’t win it, you cannot win it all.

UP SUPER FALCONS!
>

3 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by humberjade: 4:01pm On Jul 06, 2022
Truetalk3139:
They all played rubbish, I watched that game live and they were just falling down and looked unfit. Even the SA players were just loosing balls and vice versa, they were just lucky to win and I hope there is a new goalkeeper because that one that keep against SA na comedian.

Of course there is...she was suspended for the opening match

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by IMPARTIAL: 4:03pm On Jul 06, 2022
But seriously, how is this girl that good? Perpetua Nkwocha is better than her. Patience Avre was more enterprising. The late no. 10 was better. So, what's special about her? Is it her flamboyant nature?

Desire would have done better than her in this competition. Because of her, Desire is frozen out of the team.

Anyways, I wish her a speedy recovery.

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury by 9jaRealist: 4:05pm On Jul 06, 2022
Truetalk3139:
They all played rubbish, I watched that game live and they were just falling down and looked unfit. Even the SA players were just loosing balls and vice versa, they were just lucky to win and I hope there is a new goalkeeper because that one that keep against SA na comedian.

I don’t think any of the goals was due to goalkeeper error, but…
Our first-choice GK (Chiamaka Nnadozie) was suspended for the match due to accumulation of yellows during the qualifiers.
>

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Three Times Messi Was Set To Leave But Didn't: Will There Be A Fourth? / Mikel Obi Admits AFCON2019 Will Be His Last Tournament For Nigeria / Akwa Ibom Submits A Bid To Host CAF Champions League Final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.