Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,577 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. (45270 Views)

14 Strategies To Avoid Unnecessary Pressure In 2023 / Men Stop Bullying Your Pregnant Wife. / I Suspect My Wife Is Setting Me Up With Her Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Maverick777: 12:40pm On Jul 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So because he wants to marry her, she is to be his maid? Do you folks actually process these things you spew abeg? undecided
If sweeping the house is what makes someone a maid, then you have serious low self esteem issues.
Go for physiotherapy, your case is deteriorating by the day!
I wouldn't respond to you anymore.
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by FuckSilly: 12:40pm On Jul 08, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

postmann:

Where does one begin to address your folly? Is this a sincere submission or just a gateway to draw attention to yourself? Your bare-chested DP seems persuasive of the later. And then, "you want to eat your cake and have your pancakes back." Your profile provides a brief but conclusive psychoanalytical evidence of your temperamental makeup.

It's not worth the while sifting through the load of pink-lettered, hormonal drippings laced in the crap you called your opinion. If you're not satisfied with your gender by birth, reassign yourself and get a dìck and come into a man's world let's see how you measure up.

You thought if GOD made a mistake.... the sheer arrogance of an earthen vessel who can't even manage her monthly crimson inconvenience....

Lol..

Oga, face the topic and stop capping with your vocabularies here. Like I care. LMAO.

I swear to God, É PAIN YOU ENTER BLOOD.
IF NOT, U FOR IGNORE grin grin cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Kobojunkie: 12:40pm On Jul 08, 2022
Ghande:
This is the dumbest thing I had to read so far today, This little things should be a common sense..but when sense is not common..what do you do than to watch them rout in their foolishness.
Why was the son watching his own mother sweep? undecided

1 Like

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by od501: 12:40pm On Jul 08, 2022
shege45:
if you dad is lifting something heavy in my presence, would I sit there and ignore him?

You still gey time dey reply lost generation.
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by FuckSilly: 12:41pm On Jul 08, 2022
Ishilove:
Toh. We have been reduced to maids and cooks. Until you have properly engaged me, I remain a guest in your home and as I do not expect a guest to help with house chores unless I specifically request, don't expect me to go to your house and start forming the girl is good. The girl is not a pretender!
Pretending is different from having manners.

1 Like

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Maverick777: 12:44pm On Jul 08, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Domestic jobs are for everyone (male and female). Chores are not gender based.
domestic chores are for women!
technical/hectic jobs are for men! (all things being equal)
stop trying to form woke because of cheap publicity..

can you change a car tyre?
I would expect you to say yes because you're bloody hypocrite.

2 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Kobojunkie: 12:44pm On Jul 08, 2022
Maverick777:
If sweeping the house is what makes someone a maid, then you have serious low self esteem issues. Go for physiotherapy, your case is deteriorating by the day! I wouldn't respond to you anymore.
Sweeping isn't what makes one a maid. Instead expecting a person to sweep for you when that person isn't obligated to is what makes that person nothing more than a maid to you, this since what you expect of that person is what you refuse to do yourself. undecided

You conveniently shifted this off an an African issue as if to say Africa is where foolishness lives and breeds. And i don't blame you lot since many of you were raised to glory in it.. foolishness that is. undecided

1 Like

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Kobojunkie: 12:45pm On Jul 08, 2022
Maverick777:

domestic chores are for women!. technical/hectic jobs are for men! (all things being equal)
stop trying to form woke because of cheap publicity

can you change a car tyre?
I would expect you to say yes because you're bloody hypocrite.
See foolishness thriving!

2 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by PROPEACE: 12:46pm On Jul 08, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:
I saw this post on Facebook and it makes me question myself asking what "Nigerian men want". It irks me so bad.

Women have been debased to NOTHING that a chore has become a yardstick in choosing a wife. I keep asking myself if God did not make a mistake to have given the headship to them from the beginning.

And now, I'll reiterate this here. I also don't care about the reactions it brings. It's not my business how you feel but I must say this to men- DO NOT SET UNNECESSARY STANDARDS THAT YOU WON'T MEET. Read that again. Would he have washed the girl's father's or mother's clothes if turns were switched? NO. Many men here won't either. It degrades them after all. ONLY women should cower and wash g-pee tanks because they want to marry. Marriage only favours the women after all. It's the women who do these things I blame. You don't rate yourselves.

If you try this with me, I'll FAIL your test woefully. It is the audacity to make this a post for me. They make marriage seem so unpalatable and dramatic.

Manners should tell you that you do not sweep when a guest is around. It is ABSOLUTELY rude and that shows that you do not even respect me enough to have kept your abode neat before my arrival. And that to me, is a RED FLAG!

It also tells me that "I am not welcome in your abode". I am immensely glad that the girl in the story dodged a bullet. Good riddance.

Signed; Bitterleaf Feminist.
You ignored the guy's post and went on talking about irrelevant things. His mother is sweeping, what I wrong with her collecting the broom and sweeping? If I visit my fiancee and see the father washing the car, am I not supposed to assist him in doing that? Is that not common sensical? Will it be right for me to just sit in the palour and be watching Nigerian film? Why should that even be an issue?
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by MENOPAUSAL100: 12:46pm On Jul 08, 2022
READING...........
AND
OBSERVING........ lipsrsealed
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Maverick777: 12:47pm On Jul 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Sweeping isn't what makes one a maid. Instead expecting a person to sweep for you when that person isn't obligated to is what makes that person nothing more than a maid to you, this since what you expect of that person is what you refuse to do yourself. undecided

You conveniently shifted this off an an African issue as if to say Africa is where foolishness lives and breeds. And i don't blame you lot since many of you were raised to glory in it.. foolishness that is. undecided
I wouldn't engage you, simply because I know what you're suffering from.
you've lost yourself while trying to be another.
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:48pm On Jul 08, 2022
skana28:
I only feel pity for you. It beats my imagination on your confidence defending rubbish even though I like your writing skills. You were right to claim that the mum should not sweep while a guest was around. Is that not an enough tip to hint the girl that she's been tested?

Anyways, I look forward to seeing you with bible and holy water in another stunning "carry me dey go my husband house video - Volume 2". Na your type belpng to that category.

cheesy cheesy

Y'all wannabe Alpha males make me laugh.
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by 1x2x3: 12:48pm On Jul 08, 2022
ShaqFu:
You're getting it wrong. See it this way. You visit a person, he or she prepares a meal, they serve the food, invite you to come and join and they didn't provide extra cutlery. This is a pointer they're not expecting you to actually say yes you'll join in the meal. If you say yes, they go ahead and provide cutlery.

Now with the OP, I believe the mother in question isn't expecting the girl to take the broom from her and help her sweep the house, she should have at least made an attempt to assist the woman. If she says no, okay, if she says yes, so be it.

This is no different from us getting up from our seat when an elderly person enters the bus when there's no seat left for them. It is just simple courtesy. smiley

You see that same op? If her son brings a girl home and similar thing happens while she is sweeping....... Guess what? She will term the girl mannerless.

Most of the time you see girls say there's nothing wrong in a guy spending as much as possible on his girlfriend grin grin but their reaction will be different when their brother spend recklessly on his girlfriend.
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:49pm On Jul 08, 2022
boykas:
Damn, I had to sign in just to quote you.. it disgust me when seeing this kind of respond to a this kinda of post. Yea I know you are feminist. And it's obvious you never grew here in Africa but outside. And you are, where were you born, who is your father, who brought you up.
Babe, there's a clear different between a standard and culture. You see before your fore fore fathers, here in Africa, especially in Nigeria, mostly in Yoruba land. If an elderly person is doing a chore and you must endeavor to assist him/her. Wether you are a wife or neirgbours.. that's not standard, that's culture. Cuz we are Africans.. we help the elders, we give them the ideal respect and believe the prayers of that elders is a blessing to we the children..

So I ask again, who is your father, I won't ask of your mother. Cuz if you grew with your father, I know the strong man will give you some sense not a feminist like your mother.

And who the hell brought you up..

I hate seeing this kinda of a post

Ask your father.

1 Like

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:50pm On Jul 08, 2022
Konjiboii:
If you don't see anything wrong with the girl behavior then you are completely dumber than I thought you were.

Gerrout jor.

1 Like

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by ChuksHills(m): 12:51pm On Jul 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
But the Son who brought the gal home also saw his mother sweeping, so why didnt he take the broom from her instead? undecided

What is arrogance is judging others by standards which even you do not live by. That boy was obviously raiser wrong by his own mother for allowing her lift a broom to sweep in the presence of his own guest. undecided

You again.
Don't be talking as if you will do such by taking the broom from your mother. This thing is a woman thing.

Read the comment again I didn't say she should take the broom from the mother of the guy and sleep the entire house. As the woman was sweeping getting close to her she was not Suppose to raise up her legs and let the woman sweep under her legs. by ethics she was supposed to show concern by saying mama give me the broom let me sweep it then the woman will say don't worry my daughter instead of raising her legs and not showing concern. Understand me

2 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by WizydXkoba(m): 12:51pm On Jul 08, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Well, it can't be me.
In ten years from now, it will be you
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Harmony92(f): 12:51pm On Jul 08, 2022
Maverick777:

Aiding an elder is stress to you?
shame!
Anyway, you're most likely a low-budget lesbian, so it's pointless..
Jeez am married with a kid n my celebrating 3 years in marriage by God's grace o oga shame. We should stop using minor things to judge other people .What if the girl comes around n clean the whole of the guy's house including the ceilings n later bring out her yeye character after marriage? Then we will start seeing topics like ( Pls help me my decent wife changed after marriage).Me n my mom inlaw we behave like mother n daughter n I will continue to tank God for bringing her into my life kiss,she no make me clean her axe bf she approve me for her son. Mind how u talk to people cos I am not like your lesbian sisters.
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:52pm On Jul 08, 2022
anonymuz:
what's you definition of submission? Women aren't slaves but there're certain thing you pretend you do or you don't when visiting you spouse to be in their home. I call it packaging

It's not packaging. It's called bootlicking. It's the reason why you men marry pretentious women who later turn out to beat you guys to stupor and become lionesses in your homes.

I am very real to a fault and will not pretend to be what I am not. I WON'T SWEEP IT!
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by IDIOTmoderators: 12:54pm On Jul 08, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Gerrout jor.
Lol.... E pain am... cheesy cheesy end time lady. Who raised you?
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by anonymuz(m): 12:54pm On Jul 08, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

It's not packaging. It's called eye service. It's the reason why you men marry pretentious women who later turn out to beat you guys to stupor and become lionesses in your homes.

I am very real to a fault and will not pretend to be what I am not. I WON'T SWEEP IT!
I've seen one myself. You head dey there. Just be yourself.

1 Like

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:54pm On Jul 08, 2022
Belleful:

U see the reason they u people have fish brain.? It's because of cases like this. Did the guy make the girl his mother's house maid?
Life is turn by turn.

There's nothing like turn by turn. I won't use shiit tests to test my future daughter in law. It's poverty mentality on my part.
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Kobojunkie: 12:55pm On Jul 08, 2022
PROPEACE:

You ignored the guy's post and went on talking about irrelevant things. His mother is sweeping, what I wrong with her collecting the broom and sweeping?

If I visit my fiancee and see the father washing the car, am I not supposed to assist him in doing that? Is that not common sensical?

Will it be right for me to just sit in the palour and be watching Nigerian film? Why should that even be an issue?
His mother is sweeping so why didnt he collect the broom from her? Why expect a visitor to do instead what he would not do?, undecided

Let's not change strides here. If you visited your fiance and she got busy sweeping while her father or mother got in the kitchen to cook, would you also step in the kitchen to help the parent?, undecided

1 Like

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Tombrown3(m): 12:56pm On Jul 08, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

You aren't serious. Why must the house be swept when I am around? It's rude, simple! A guest for that matter!

Lol... Unfortunately, I agree with you.

Someone posted this on my WhatsApp, I immediately told her, the girl owes them nothing!

In fact, my mom will be mad at me for allowing my girlfriend to sweep her house on her first visit. It's not just rude, it's also an insult. Are we that dirty you only have to sweep when visitors are around?

And most girls who do these things do it out of pretence and not love. It doesn't garranttee a lasting marriage or good woman abeg.

I love people who are real with no pretence when around me, be yourself biko.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:56pm On Jul 08, 2022
Maverick777:

Aiding an elder is stress to you?
shame!
Anyway, you're most likely a low-budget lesbian, so it's pointless..

Why are you countering every point that supports the OP? You made yours, let every other person make theirs. Abi. Must everybody share in your misogynistic thoughts?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (27) (Reply)

Wife Saves Husband From Suicide By Holding Onto His Boxers / Ese Oruru's Parents House In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (photos) / Ghanaian Banker Dies On Her Wedding Day (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.