Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,416 members, 7,846,752 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 (59258 Views)

Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating / Nigeria Vs Burundi: Who Is Your Man Of The Match? / Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 by sharone21(f): 4:49am On Jul 11, 2022
Carlyboi:
It’s a shame we lost the first match we would have topped the group and avoided Cameroon if we at least got something from the SA game...now we have to give our all as the World Cup ticket is at stake in the 1/4 final match.

The game against Cameroon won’t be easy at all I’d have preferred Tunisia!

I prefer us meeting with Cameroonians.....Hoping the Tunisian females are not like the males where we have less luck defeating.

Come see fear in ordinary Cameroonians when they talk about the Falcons. We usually beat them when we meet them. .....Our girls just need to be very confident in the match with them, coach must not take chances from the beginning, keeper must be in top form......and watch how trample them like the giant we are even if they escape by the whiskers.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 by Transcriber: 6:07am On Jul 11, 2022
Go girls

Bring home the cup smiley kiss
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 by Adedeji3764(m): 6:11am On Jul 11, 2022
Congratulations to them

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 by victorazy(m): 6:32am On Jul 11, 2022
excel4us:
Bayana Bayana were lucky to have escaped from The FALcONETs den. Anu la taa echi bu nta

I have the feeling we are meeting them again in the final.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 by Linkclopedia(m): 7:14am On Jul 11, 2022
hi
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 by officialfestus(m): 8:07am On Jul 11, 2022
FILEBE:

Hesgoal.com
thanks
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 by 9jaRealist: 8:45am On Jul 11, 2022
Kinzo0917:
. With the way our girls are playing, I don't see them beating cameroon . cameroon will flog them wotowoto

The same Cameroon that couldn’t beat Togo, which was making its first-ever WAFCON appearance?
To put it in proper perspective, Zambia and Tunisia each trashed the same Togolese team by 4-1 each!

Carlyboi:
It’s a shame we lost the first match we would have topped the group and avoided Cameroon if we at least got something from the SA game...now we have to give our all as the World Cup ticket is at stake in the 1/4 final match.

The game against Cameroon won’t be easy at all I’d have preferred Tunisia!

I expect the so-far average Cameroonians to RAISE their game against the Falcons…
They also (as usual) brought a very PHYSICAL team, and their GK just won the Nigerian League with Bayelsa Queens.

Nonetheless, while respecting the Cameroonians, I still expect the Falcons to beat them…
Meanwhile, the losing team can still qualify for the WC through a 10-team multi-federation playoffs.

>

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 by 9jaRealist: 8:52am On Jul 11, 2022
robosky02:
How many were here?

If Burundi can use a 14 year girl

Do we have any under 20? Onome is 39... Grand mama

Our teenagers are not “here” because they are CURRENTLY training for the U17 and the U20 WCs…
If and when the Burundians similarly qualify for MULTIPLE WCs, their teenagers will not be at WAFCON! grin grin

Meanwhile, Italy won the last Euros with 2 CBs in their mid-to-late 30s (see also Thiago Silva, Lothar Matthaus, etc.)…
In football, speed of THOUGHT can often be more valuable than speed of FOOT. No point running faster than the ball. grin
>
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 by Carlyboi(m): 8:55am On Jul 11, 2022
sharone21:

I prefer us meeting with Cameroonians.....Hoping the Tunisian females are not like the males where we have less luck defeating.

Come see fear in ordinary Cameroonians when they talk about the Falcons. We usually beat them when we meet them. .....Our girls just need to be very confident in the match with them, coach must not take chances from the beginning, keeper must be in top form......and watch how trample them like the giant we are even if they escape by the whiskers.

Ideally we shouldn’t have issues dispatching the Cameroonians but this present falcon team don’t repose much confidence but hopefully they can raise their game,knowing what’s at stake!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 by 9jaRealist: 9:00am On Jul 11, 2022
Carlyboi:
Ideally we shouldn’t have issues dispatching the Cameroonians but this present falcon team don’t repose much confidence but hopefully they can raise their game,knowing what’s at stake!

We should RESPECT all our opponents, and I expect Cameroon to RAISE its game against us, but…
The “present” Cameroonian team could not beat debutants Togo, which lost 1-4 and 1-4 to Zambia and Tunisia.
>

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 by Carlyboi(m): 9:01am On Jul 11, 2022
9jaRealist:

The same Cameroon that couldn’t beat Togo, which was making its first-ever WAFCON appearance?
To put it in proper perspective, Zambia and Tunisia each trashed the same Togolese team by 4-1 each!

I expect the so-far average Cameroonians to RAISE their game against the Falcons…
They also (as usual) brought a very PHYSICAL team, and their GK just won the Nigerian League with Bayelsa Queens.

Nonetheless, while respecting the Cameroonians, I still expect the Falcons to beat them…
Meanwhile, the losing team can still qualify for the WC through a 10-team multi-federation playoffs.

>

Oh really I wasn’t aware of the play-offs but inasmuch the play-offs is a good thing,it would be so ridiculous if Nigeria has to resort to some damn playoffs to qualify for Fifa Women’s World Cup...that would be one of the saddest things to happen to the falcons ever!

We don’t have any business at the World Cup if we can’t finish in the first 3 positions at the nation’s cup or lose to Cameroon....Zambia and the South Africa are the other formidable teams left in the competition asides Cameroon!
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 by Carlyboi(m): 9:09am On Jul 11, 2022
9jaRealist:

We should RESPECT all our opponents, and I expect Cameroon to RAISE its game against us, but…
The “present” Cameroonian team could not beat debutants Togo, which lost 1-4 and 1-4 to Zambia and Tunisia.
>

Well,you know football isn’t that simple most of the time team A can struggle against team B and C and still defeat and trash team G who are the strongest I’m getting this funny feeling like I did when we were paired with Tunisia at AfCon I just wanted us to avoid them and we eventually lost...I’d have taken Tunisia or any other team asides Zambia and SA in this next round instead of Cameroon!

Irrespective of their showing so far in the competition they’re arguably the 2nd or 3rd best team on the continent and one of the most consistent asides Equatorial Guinea that won 1 Awcon,SA and Cameroon are the two competitions for the falcons in AWCon and EQ fell off already their Awcon triumph was just a one off,Ghana fell off too cos it used to be Nigeria,Ghana and South Africa,Ghana Fell off and Cameroon replaced them!
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:16am On Jul 11, 2022
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 by Perfect2022: 9:26am On Jul 11, 2022
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 by Makowonda: 9:34am On Jul 11, 2022
Kinzo0917:
. With the way our girls are playing, I don't see them beating cameroon . cameroon will flog them wotowoto
I don't think you watch football with your eyes;perhaps your nose.With the dismal performance of Cameroun thus far?
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 by Makowonda: 9:40am On Jul 11, 2022
Look at the way you said it confidently and not predictably that Nigeria would be meeting Morocco in the semi final.Do you know the outcome of the forthcoming matches in the WAFCON already?Are you Nastrodamus?
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 by Awise09(m): 9:50am On Jul 11, 2022
One Ghanian Lady said in Ghana sport TV that if Burundi Eva get a goal against Nigeria their President will declare Nationwide holiday. grin cheesy shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 by LienwaltAbel(m): 10:44am On Jul 11, 2022
This match was just disgraceful. Even my school soccer team would have given those Burundians a good lashing. Tueh.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 by spydera: 12:19pm On Jul 11, 2022
Carlyboi:

I enjoy anything football so I follow Nigeria women’s team passionately from the falcons,to the falconets to the flamingoes it’s just tiring that we now struggle even on the continent the teams we used to wallop easily have all caught up with us if we ain’t careful we might be missing out on our First World Cup ever!

Awcon is mostly a walk over for Nigeria before we get trashed at the world stage especially with our unlucky draws back then,FIFA gives us no chance when you get drawn with two of teams like USA,Germany,Brazil,Sweden sometimes Canada and Norway leaves you absolutely no chance of advancing from such groups lol!

Carlyboi:

I enjoy anything football so I follow Nigeria women’s team passionately from the falcons,to the falconets to the flamingoes it’s just tiring that we now struggle even on the continent the teams we used to wallop easily have all caught up with us if we ain’t careful we might be missing out on our First World Cup ever!

Awcon is mostly a walk over for Nigeria before we get trashed at the world stage especially with our unlucky draws back then,FIFA gives us no chance when you get drawn with two of teams like USA,Germany,Brazil,Sweden sometimes Canada and Norway leaves you absolutely no chance of advancing from such groups lol!

Honestly, I completely relate and understand this 100%
I can't forget the German female team shaa... even Norway and the french ladies, lol
The German ladies have be drawn with us just as d super Eagles and Argentina; and they have always handed us with at least a 1-0 defeat.
Our female national team is ridiculously weak on the world class level compared to how far they have gone, the exposure and experience gotten.
We ought to have at least, gotten into one semi's or more quater finals of the senior FIFA women's world cup.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 by Carlyboi(m): 12:33pm On Jul 11, 2022
spydera:

Honestly, I completely relate and understand this 100%
I can't forget the German female team shaa... even Norway and the french ladies, lol
The German ladies have be drawn with us just as d super Eagles and Argentina; and they have always handed us with at least a 1-0 defeat.
Our female national team is ridiculously weak on the world class level compared to how far they have gone, the exposure and experience gotten.
We ought to have at least, gotten into one semi's or more quater finals of the senior FIFA women's world cup.

It’s a sad reality I actually thought hiring a foreign coach would actually make the falcons more formidable but it seems the Ismailia Mabo’s,izilien and even omagbemi handled the falcons better!I was expecting our play to be so organized and,passes,movement,and ball distribution,transitioning should be on a world class level.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 by robosky02(m): 12:50pm On Jul 11, 2022
ObosiLandlord:
See as this one dey display his Ignorance without any shame.

The Nigerian Female U20 team have qualified for the U20 World cup that will take place this year in Costa Rica. We defeated Senegal 7-2 on aggregate.

The Female U17 team have qualified for the U17 world cup that will take place in India later this year. We defeated Ethiopia 1-0 on aggregate to qualify.

All this does not matter, it is Burundi that's performing woefully that's preparing for the future, but Nigeria is not preparing.

Don't get it twisted

Nigerian football has been wrong path

In the past we build our team from home grown player both super eagles and super falcons

But today what do we see

This current NFF is in constant search for Nigerian player in the diaspora aka Oyibo or half cast. And lure them by all means to come play for our national team. To the detriment of developing our home grown players.

See the super eagles we have more oyibos and still search for more even if its from Dundee rather than take a pure talent from enyimba or rivers united.

Same is playing out in super falcons now

In the past you'll see half of the team from Rivers Angels, Pelican stars etc but today

We look for all the oyibos from USA and everywhere to come play for the falcons who sometimes can't match the African physicality.

In the current falcons there is a certain Monday Gift who scored 4 goal in the super 6 for bayelsa united but they will not play her cos she is home base.... I remember in the Aisha cup she was the one that rescued us.

So the Young exceptional talent should be given a chance to grow for the future
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 11, 2022
Theboy21:
You get time, i don't waste time replying such negetivity... Tomorrow if the girls win the trophy these same people will criticize them by comparing them with Europeans...

I just tire oh we too sabi trash our own sometimes...this are team that are 9 times champ already nah wah .. Super eagles won their last match 10 nil them still trash dem on top them no win they go still trash dem wat do we really want in this "corn tress"
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 by Mrtaye: 6:12pm On Jul 11, 2022
Danielnino00:

Cameroon that couldn't beat Togo... Togo are even poorer than this Burundi team...

Exactly
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 by Mrtaye: 6:37pm On Jul 11, 2022
Threesha:
The Keeper is 16yrs, the oldest is 23yrs. Average age of the team is 20yrs.

Nigeria will meet Cameron, I hope we can play with the way we did today
The have learnt their mistake
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 by Theboy21: 6:39pm On Jul 11, 2022
Jesse25:

I just tire oh we too sabi trash our own sometimes...this are team that are 9 times champ already nah wah .. Super eagles won their last match 10 nil them still trash dem on top them no win they go still trash dem wat do we really want in this "corn tress"
I swear, as country hard.. Their thinking com hard cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 by spydera: 10:12pm On Jul 11, 2022
Carlyboi:

It’s a sad reality I actually thought hiring a foreign coach would actually make the falcons more formidable but it seems the Ismailia Mabo’s,izilien and even omagbemi handled the falcons better!I was expecting our play to be so organized and,passes,movement,and ball distribution,transitioning should be on a world class level.

Let's see how this ongoing tournament will go–Thursday vs Cameroon ladies.
Besides, Norway ladies are being thrashed 7-0 by the English lionesses last time I checked.
It is on an òmó level.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 by Kinzo0917(m): 9:02am On Jul 12, 2022
Makowonda:
I don't think you watch football with your eyes;perhaps your nose.With the dismal performance of Cameroun thus far?
. Must you insult to pass your message? So many idiots on this forum. I am not entitled to my opinion? Cant you say ur points without insults? Ogede
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 by Kinzo0917(m): 9:03am On Jul 12, 2022
9jaRealist:

>
. Thursday is not far again. Let hope super Falcons wins
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 by Makowonda: 9:19am On Jul 12, 2022
Kinzo0917:
. Must you insult to pass your message? So many idiots on this forum. I am not entitled to my opinion? Cant you say ur points without insults? Ogede
Next time use your eyes to watch the game.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa Builds Sport Centre In Kaduna / Ahmed Musa Buys Mercedes Benz V Class 2019 Zero KM Worth N31m / Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.