Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

If You Can Speak English, Come Here. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / If You Can Speak English, Come Here. (4448 Views)

If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here! / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Can Speak English, Come Here. by naijadiva2(f): 3:36pm On Aug 13, 2007
well, since everyone wants to have their little language thread, here is mine. if you can read, write, and speak english. this thread is for you. if you are igbo, yoruba, hausa or whatever and don't read, write or understand your "language" because your parents failed to teach it to you or because you never cared about learning it, this is the place for you. Or if you are tired of trying to understand what others are saying on NL because you dont speak the language, come here. everyone and anyone is invited so that way, we don't leave or miss anyone. and yes that includes the non- nigerians as well.
Re: If You Can Speak English, Come Here. by ghettochyk(f): 3:40pm On Aug 13, 2007
LMAO!!!! GURL!!! YOU TOO CRAZY!!! WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?
grin

AND DIS AINT JUST FOR BRITISH ENGLISH, THIS IS AMERICAN, AUSTRALIAN, ETC ENGLISH THREAD. ALL DIALECTS THREAD.
grin
Re: If You Can Speak English, Come Here. by ghettochyk(f): 3:41pm On Aug 13, 2007
Since English aint a tribal language, do we get to talk about England or anything partaining to English speakers world wide?
Re: If You Can Speak English, Come Here. by naijadiva2(f): 3:43pm On Aug 13, 2007
there u go, that's what i'm talking about. no one is left out. and also, dont try to polute this thread with other languages trying to be funny cuz i know someone stupid will.
Re: If You Can Speak English, Come Here. by ghettochyk(f): 3:46pm On Aug 13, 2007
naija_diva:

there u go, that's what i'm talking about. no one is left out. and also, don't try to polute this thread with other languages trying to be funny because i know someone stupid will.
lets keep our fingers crossed. wink

I like the English language because it's so. .   . . . . . . . .general. hmmm,,,<grins>
Re: If You Can Speak English, Come Here. by iice(f): 3:47pm On Aug 13, 2007
Yes, i speak! I try. . .I welcomed? grin
Re: If You Can Speak English, Come Here. by NaJaHaJe(f): 3:50pm On Aug 13, 2007
I love english , I studied english
Re: If You Can Speak English, Come Here. by naijadiva2(f): 3:52pm On Aug 13, 2007
ghettochyk:

Since English aint a tribal language, do we get to talk about England or anything partaining to English speakers world wide?

talk about anything or anyone as long as it is in english.
Re: If You Can Speak English, Come Here. by ghettochyk(f): 3:55pm On Aug 13, 2007
Yeah I heard English is so popular, it's actually the official language used around the board on a forum called Nairaland. There's even broken versions of it for others who it's not a first language for. aint dat cool?
naija_diva:

talk about anything or anyone as long as it is in english.
oh!!! kinda like the rest of the forum minus the culture section. <rubs chin and grins> smiley
Re: If You Can Speak English, Come Here. by naijadiva2(f): 3:59pm On Aug 13, 2007
if it was up to me, i would get the adm. guy to remove those that poluted this ENGLISH board and made it international. lol. i'm just playing, i love how we have differents lauguages and cultures. thats what makes us different from other people/country.
Re: If You Can Speak English, Come Here. by BlackMamba(m): 8:07pm On Aug 13, 2007
If this is a veiled attack on Nairalanders embracing their native dialect, then this is silly. English still remains a common language among Nigerians if you must communicate effectively with everyone, but Nairalanders should not be ashamed of embracing their local dialects if need be. If you don't understand the few times such languages are used, you ask and learn. No apologies to you for been proud of our heritage. Na wa for you, nwata nwanyi!!! cool
Re: If You Can Speak English, Come Here. by debosky(m): 8:09pm On Aug 13, 2007
em is pidgin English allowed? grin
Re: If You Can Speak English, Come Here. by ghettochyk(f): 8:26pm On Aug 13, 2007
debosky:

sure it is!! it's still english i MY book!! grin

@blackmamba
don't get all serious about it. I don'tt see it da same way ur seeing it. I think you've already done wat the thread starter wanted all along. . . . . . to write in English. dis shud be interesting <grin> so don't feel attacked, it's just fun, da way i see it. more like funny, cuz the entire forum is in English, except for the culture section, which a good amount of posts there is in english . . . . .so, you see what i'm saying? wink
Don't get mad or offended, just post in english in this particular thread or leave it alone entirely. smiley
Re: If You Can Speak English, Come Here. by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 14, 2007
Well, this thread IS different, interesting.

I can't speak my dads language, and struggle with pidgin English, though I understand both perfectly.
Re: If You Can Speak English, Come Here. by naijadiva2(f): 4:42pm On Aug 14, 2007
BlackMamba:

If this is a veiled attack on Nairalanders embracing their native dialect, then this is silly. English still remains a common language among Nigerians if you must communicate effectively with everyone, but Nairalanders should not be ashamed of embracing their local dialects if need be. If you don't understand the few times such languages are used, you ask and learn. No apologies to you for been proud of our heritage. Na wa for you, nwata nwanyi!!! cool

if you want to speak another language, go ahead in the hausa/yoruba/igbo section. this topic was made for people who doen;t understand any nigerian language and it was made for fun so don't get all defensive. and by the way, who said i was ashamed (if that word even exsist in my dictionary) of the nigerian culture/language.

If you don't understand the few times such languages are used, you ask and learn.

okay, i will. i just need you to translate the igbo thread for me which is about 350 pages.
Re: If You Can Speak English, Come Here. by naijadiva2(f): 4:43pm On Aug 14, 2007
debosky:

of course
Re: If You Can Speak English, Come Here. by naijadiva2(f): 4:45pm On Aug 14, 2007
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-19138.0.html

to make it easy, i provided the link for you. wink
Re: If You Can Speak English, Come Here. by PreciousBluEko: 4:47pm On Aug 14, 2007
naija_diva:

of course
u have sabbatically entangle ur stupitidy to endanger the status of manhood which is highly devastating to the entire society, girl call it a quit and act matured
Re: If You Can Speak English, Come Here. by naijadiva2(f): 4:51pm On Aug 14, 2007
omo eko2:

u have sabbatically entangle your stupitidy to endanger the status of manhood which is highly devastating to the entire society, girl call it a quit and act matured

ummm, that was definitely uncalled for, good bye.
Re: If You Can Speak English, Come Here. by PTH(m): 4:52pm On Aug 14, 2007
omo eko2:

u have sabbatically entangle your stupitidy to endanger the status of manhood which is highly devastating to the entire society, girl call it a quit and act matured

i had to quote this piece for posterity.  grin
Re: If You Can Speak English, Come Here. by PreciousBluEko: 4:57pm On Aug 14, 2007
naija_diva:

ummm, that was definitely uncalled for, good bye.
thanks for taking the peice of advise
PTH:

i had to quote this piece for posterity. grin
go ahead, use code 12342
Re: If You Can Speak English, Come Here. by ghettochyk(f): 5:07pm On Aug 14, 2007
lmao!! Sabbatically? i wonder how dat got there. grin

Hmmmmmmmm . . . . . . . . speaking of sabbatical, I might need one for myself, now all I need is a nice resort spot. . . . say. . .the Caribbean. . .dats sounds reeeaallll good right about now. cool
Re: If You Can Speak English, Come Here. by PreciousBluEko: 5:12pm On Aug 14, 2007
ghettochyk:

lmao!! Sabbatically? i wonder how that got there. grin

Hmmmmmmmm . . . . . . . . speaking of sabbatical, I might need one for myself, now all I need is a nice resort spot. . . . say. . .the Caribbean. . .that is sounds reeeaallll good right about now. cool
another incubus,where did u emerge from, did u skip high school or u quit?, answer politely
Re: If You Can Speak English, Come Here. by naijadiva2(f): 5:15pm On Aug 14, 2007
another incubus,where did u emerge from, did u skip high school or u quit?, answer politely

i swear, you got problems cuz you attacking everyone. you just came on NL and you already starting something.
Re: If You Can Speak English, Come Here. by PreciousBluEko: 5:16pm On Aug 14, 2007
naija_diva:

i swear, you got problems because you attacking everyone. you just came on Nairaland and you already starting something.
thats my personalty, it can never be changed, or u have issues with it?
Re: If You Can Speak English, Come Here. by naijadiva2(f): 5:18pm On Aug 14, 2007
Apparently
Re: If You Can Speak English, Come Here. by PreciousBluEko: 5:21pm On Aug 14, 2007
naija_diva:

Apparently
then that will be of great help to me and u, be my guest then
Re: If You Can Speak English, Come Here. by ghettochyk(f): 5:26pm On Aug 14, 2007
omo eko2:

Honey, to answer your question, I'm a college student. And no I didn't skip high school, neither did I quit. You see, it's people like you that make me want to change my major to psychiatry so that I can help them resolve and handle the anger management problems. Apparently, you feel as if the world is attacking you, but obviously, that isn't the case. The real problem is YOU! You have low self-esteem therefore feel that if you put others down, you may feel better about yourself, but I'm here to tell you that's not the way. Now go to that mirror and look at yourself and proudly say "I AM SOMEBODY!!!"

you're even proud to proclaim that's your personality. Dat's a damn shame. hmm hmm hmm.  and so so sad sad
Re: If You Can Speak English, Come Here. by YOUNGDICEs(m): 5:29pm On Aug 14, 2007
can yall teach me how to write and how to speak without cursing?
Re: If You Can Speak English, Come Here. by naijadiva2(f): 5:32pm On Aug 14, 2007
you just did it grin but for farther accomplishment. write your words/sentences out, then erase the curse words and you straight.
Re: If You Can Speak English, Come Here. by YOUNGDICEs(m): 5:36pm On Aug 14, 2007
its like am under a spell without the cursing,right now am writing without cursing and is iching my body,i know i spell iching wrong.
Re: If You Can Speak English, Come Here. by doyin13(m): 5:36pm On Aug 14, 2007
@naijadiva
A greater invitation to send you an email I do not know.

So this diva better be expecting mail from me.

Hope it don't get lost in translation

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Colonial Ali Igbo (Igbo Land) In Pictures (part 2) / 5 Unbelievable Igbo Culture Beliefs / Thread For Dual Foreign Language Speakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.