Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

What Is Project Management Technology? (FUTO) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is Project Management Technology? (FUTO) (10220 Views)

Federal University Of Technology (futo) 2013/2014 Post- Utme Form Is Out / Institute Of Management Technology Enugu Post Ume 2010/11 Scratch Card Is Out / The Federal University Of Technology Futo Direct ENTRY RESULT FOR 2009/2010 RELEASED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Project Management Technology? (FUTO) by EJaja(m): 4:25pm On Feb 22, 2006
I saw the course Project Management Technolgy in the JAMB brochure being offered by FUTO, so I wanted to no wat the course is all about. lipsrsealed undecided
Re: What Is Project Management Technology? (FUTO) by Seun(m): 2:44pm On Feb 23, 2006
Why not call them and ask them, then post their response here? However, be careful because you want to study a course that an employer will know about!
Re: What Is Project Management Technology? (FUTO) by Rlst84sale(m): 9:19pm On Apr 02, 2008
I think the course has something to do with general mangement education/degree that will be tailored towards a specic area of practice to eable you perform well when you work with a company/firm that does business in that "speicific area". It will involve, design, calculations, programming, implementation and management. For instance, if Dell or HP Computer company recieves a contract from lets say a state government or another company to build a server for them or upgrade all their entire computer systems. That contract is a project, they will then assign a manager or supervisor(that's you the Project Management Technology major graduate) who will manage that project from the start to finish perhaps in the following order or other way(s) he/they design:

[b]1. Receive a copy of the contract
2. Documents the present state of the project (all the good and bad and improvements that needs to be made)
3. Assemble a team
4. Design the team's functions by whatever technique or system he chooses
5. Recruits or assigns team leader(s)
6. Break the project down to whichever segments he chooses
7. Each team will then perform their functions according to the design
8. Then they will all merge their works together
9. Compplete the projects
10. Test/troubleshoot the results
11. Prepare the final reports

This is just an example, it could be anything from IT porject to construction, petroleum, repair, legal matters, building a vehicle or what have you. It is a very good course. I hope I shed little light on your question, good luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Unilorin Admission list: Did You Find Your Name?. / Africa is a Continent, Not a Country / 5 Lessons I Learnt From Being The Senior Prefect Of My School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.