Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,827 members, 7,817,414 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Heavy Downpour Sweeps SUV With Occupant At Orile Agege Lagos State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Heavy Downpour Sweeps SUV With Occupant At Orile Agege Lagos State (2837 Views)

Man Forcefully Brushing His Wife's Teeth & Beating Her In Agege, Lagos (Photo) / Female LASTMA Officer Pulls And Punches A Vehicle Occupant In Lagos / Agege Lagos Unrest: Dozens Of Robbers Caught (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heavy Downpour Sweeps SUV With Occupant At Orile Agege Lagos State by eliza4real: 12:53pm On Jul 09, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIRU4X1zITc

Six people have been reportedly swept off by erosion in Fatoki area of Orile Agege, Lagos.

The victims were in two separate vehicles when the incident happened.

Three persons were in each vehicle when flood water overflowed an uncompleted drainage and submerged their vehicles.
It was learned that residents in the community reportedly warned the victims to desist from driving through the road, but they were adamant and continued till their vehicles were submerged in the flood.
According to residents at the scene, one of the occupants of the Lexus jeep swam out of the vehicle while residents helped the other two people out.

They also helped officials of the Lagos State Fire Service at the scene to rescue the fourth person

However, one of the occupants of the Toyota car swam out and was rescued, while the second occupant who tried to swim and the third who refused to come out of the car went missing.

The Southwest Coordinator NEMA, Ibrahim Farinloye, confirmed that four of the victims have been rescued, while two are still missing.
Search-and-rescue operations are ongoing in search of the other two people.”

Source :https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/four-rescued-two-missing-as-lagos-flood-sweeps-away-cars/

1 Share

Re: Heavy Downpour Sweeps SUV With Occupant At Orile Agege Lagos State by ayourbamie: 12:55pm On Jul 09, 2022
My Lagos
Re: Heavy Downpour Sweeps SUV With Occupant At Orile Agege Lagos State by baretalk: 1:00pm On Jul 09, 2022
Lagos state government must open up canals and more system to disperse water, irrigations to woodee areas, building reservoirs etc. Although due to global warming, flooding happens in cities worldwide, Europe, USA, Asia, close to water, because of rising sea levels etc, people must take caution.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Downpour Sweeps SUV With Occupant At Orile Agege Lagos State by Totilopussylick(m): 1:05pm On Jul 09, 2022
Apart from this.

Nothing good comes out of casava and agbado republic tongue
Re: Heavy Downpour Sweeps SUV With Occupant At Orile Agege Lagos State by Zonefree(m): 1:09pm On Jul 09, 2022
Flood in Tinubu Lagos? I thought they said Tinubu made Lagos looks like Heaven on earth

1 Like

Re: Heavy Downpour Sweeps SUV With Occupant At Orile Agege Lagos State by Zonefree(m): 1:12pm On Jul 09, 2022
ayourbamie:
My Lagos
Lagos is not your own. Na Tinubu get Lagos. Sorry
Re: Heavy Downpour Sweeps SUV With Occupant At Orile Agege Lagos State by MITCHELL96: 1:33pm On Jul 09, 2022
One of the reasons that makes me not to base in Lagos, it's too polluted and over crowded, I no like am

There's more tendency of getting killed my many things in Lagos than any other state in Nigeria

People will say it's home for Flexing, Abeg, I come this life to only flex ? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Heavy Downpour Sweeps SUV With Occupant At Orile Agege Lagos State by MonkeyMods(m): 1:46pm On Jul 09, 2022
Thought there was nothing like erosion in Lagos?
Re: Heavy Downpour Sweeps SUV With Occupant At Orile Agege Lagos State by AroOkigbo(m): 4:47pm On Jul 09, 2022
Same Lagos dat Tinubu developed? grin
Re: Heavy Downpour Sweeps SUV With Occupant At Orile Agege Lagos State by ibechris(m): 7:05pm On Jul 09, 2022
baretalk:
Lagos state government must open up canals and more system to disperse water, irrigations to woodee areas, building reservoirs etc. Although due to global warming, flooding happens in cities worldwide, Europe, USA, Asia, close to water, because of rising sea levels etc, people must take caution.

Nigerian case is spectacularly peculiar and funny.
Reason is many areas around that Lagos used to be canal when I was a kid and even at my teenage age then...bad as it is,the entire area has been built up including the old canal that we used to know in those days.
It became bad under the administration of three known governors in that Lagos...the area I grew up in,had been stretched such that they remain unrecognisable till this very day.

And some babies that don't even know the history of Lagos would be shouting people down as if Lagos is the only city on earth.

Many of them should at least travel and see why drainage is good for any city.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Downpour Sweeps SUV With Occupant At Orile Agege Lagos State by baretalk: 7:39pm On Jul 09, 2022
uote author=ibechris post=114574974]

Reason is many areas around that Lagos used to be canal when I was a kid and even at my teenage age then...bad as it is,the entire area has been built up including the old canal that we used to know in those days.
It became bad under the administration of three known governors in that Lagos...the area I grew up in,had been stretched such that they remain unrecognisable till this very day.

And some babies that don't even know the history of Lagos would shouting people down as if Lagos is the only city on earth.

Many of them should at least travel and see why drainage is good for any city.[/quote]
Flooding is a global phenomenal now, it happens everywhere, US, Canada, Asia, even worse than this. yes Lagos still remains the best in Nigeria.
Re: Heavy Downpour Sweeps SUV With Occupant At Orile Agege Lagos State by ibechris(m): 8:10pm On Jul 09, 2022
baretalk:

uote author=ibechris post=114574974]

And some babies that don't even know the history of Lagos would shouting people down as if Lagos is the only city on earth.

Many of them should at least travel and see why drainage is good for any city.
Flooding is a global phenomenal now, it happens everywhere, US, Canada, Asia, even worse than this. yes Lagos still remains the best in Nigeria.

Lagos matter is a different thing.
After all,it's not an island like Bonny Kingdom and water isn't coming from the sea to peoples corridor.
Go to Okota and ilasamaja area...and see what I am saying. In fact,it is canal that divided these two areas but go there now...those canals have been built up,hence the new normal now.

Terrible!
Re: Heavy Downpour Sweeps SUV With Occupant At Orile Agege Lagos State by CheedyJ(m): 9:52pm On Jul 09, 2022
To video dying people con sweet people pass to even attempt to save their lives, na wa
Re: Heavy Downpour Sweeps SUV With Occupant At Orile Agege Lagos State by DevilSignature: 9:55pm On Jul 09, 2022
embarassed

The same Lagos built by official BAT or another Lagos?

Re: Heavy Downpour Sweeps SUV With Occupant At Orile Agege Lagos State by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 09, 2022
MITCHELL96:
One of the reasons that makes me not to base in Lagos, it's too polluted and over crowded, I no like am

There's more tendency of getting killed my many things in Lagos than any other state in Nigeria

People will say it's home for Flexing, Abeg, I come this life to only flex ? undecided
The whole place is smelling, The stench is way more worse than pussy odour you guys are always lamenting about, even the water is smelling... Infact as you just land for the airport one heavy odour go just welcome you like slap

If I wan relocate to any state na akwa ibom dey my mind

Re: Heavy Downpour Sweeps SUV With Occupant At Orile Agege Lagos State by NNTR: 10:31pm On Jul 09, 2022
DevilSignature:
embarassed

The same Lagos built by official BAT or another Lagos?
Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

Re: Heavy Downpour Sweeps SUV With Occupant At Orile Agege Lagos State by eliza4real: 10:33pm On Jul 09, 2022
Lalasticla, seun Mynd44
Re: Heavy Downpour Sweeps SUV With Occupant At Orile Agege Lagos State by baretalk: 7:32am On Jul 10, 2022
ibechris:

Lagos matter is a different thing.
After all,it's not an island like Bonny Kingdom and water isn't coming from the sea to peoples corridor.
Go to Okota and ilasamaja area...and see what I am saying. In fact,it is canal that divided these two areas but go there now...those canals have been built up,hence the new normal now.

Terrible!
Floods happen everywhere, especially uf the city is sorrounded by water like Lagos. It's not rocket science.
Re: Heavy Downpour Sweeps SUV With Occupant At Orile Agege Lagos State by ibechris(m): 8:44am On Jul 10, 2022
baretalk:

Floods happen everywhere, especially uf the city is sorrounded by water like Lagos. It's not rocket science.

The local problem is a major factor here...if the sea starts rising, I bet u no house would be spared in Lekki area because those areas were green-cum water fronts areas Marssland) before it was built upon.

If u don't solve the local factors,u can't take care of the larger problem which may likely arise from the global problem.

(1) (Reply)

GRAPHIC VIDEO: Angry Lady Beats Up Her Boyfriend For Cheating On Her / Onilogbo Of Ilogbo ,oba Olufemi Ojugbele Is A Land Grabber . / Moses Daniel Die In The Hand Of Kidnappers (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.