Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Election 2023: Voting Permutation & Predictions - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Election 2023: Voting Permutation & Predictions (3307 Views)

Federal Appeals Court Dismisses Trump Campaign Lawsuit Over Pennsylvania Voting / Michigan County Flips Back To Trump, Following Repair Of Voting Software Glitch / Over 30 Millions Americans Have Voted As Early Voting Starts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Election 2023: Voting Permutation & Predictions by Desperado14: 1:02pm On Jul 09, 2022
The General elections of 2023 is fast approaching and with what could be argued as the most hotly contested presidential race ever. We have four main aspirants from 4 different Geo-political zones- who are vying for the votes of the nation.

Fmr. Governor Tinubu (APC)-South West
Fmr.VP Atiku Abubakar (PDP)-North West
Fmr. Gov Kwankwaso (NNPP)- North West
Fmr. Gov Peter Obi (LP)- South East

I thought it would be a worthwhile assignment to try and pre-emp the balloting outcomes by zones based on voting patterns of the most recent 2019 presidential ballot. The only aspirant to have competed in the 2019 elections was Atiku Abubakar, who went up against and lost to the current incumbent Buhari. On the table below is a breakdown of the votes in 2019 by state and by geo-political zones.

North East: A total of 4,510,220 votes were registered with Buhari winning 72% of the votes against Atiku's 28%. It was a particularly dismal showing for Atiku as this was his "Home Region", he hails from Adamawa state a state he barely secured victory in with 50.5% of the votes.

North West: By far the largest voting Bloc in the nation a total of[b] 7,439,087[/b] were registered in 2019 in which Buhari again confidently won with 74% of the votes in comparison to Atiku's 26%.

North Central: A zone I dub the "King Maker" region, its diverse ethnic groups and religious fluidity makes the regions very unpredictable to call and who ever carries this region usually emerges victorious. With a total of 4,100,106 registered Buhari again won this region with 56% of the Votes to Atiku's 43%.

South East: Coming in at just[b] 2,117,100[/b] registered votes Atiku performed incredibly well in this zone with 80% of the ballots going his way to Buhari's abysmal 19%.

South West: Another hotly contested region of the election Buhari carried 52% [/b]of the [b]3,937,559 votes with Atiku carrying 45%. Even though this Zone was touted as an APC bastion the votes suggested otherwise.

South South: A zone who's voting patterns closely mirrors that of the SE, 3,305,754 votes were cast here with Atiku securing a very impressive 68% of the vote against Buhari’s 32%.

Conclusions that can be drawn from the 2019 Election as it relates to its 2023 sequel are as follows; Atiku for a man that has competed in numerous elections through out the last 3 decades and has held the 2nd highest office in the land remains a peripheral player. He barely won his Home State and was resoundingly crushed by another Northerner and Muslim in his home North East Zone. Even if he wins his state and zone this time round will he be able to stave of Rabiu Kwankwaso from eating a significant chunk of those votes?

In the Northwest were Kwankwaso is from and extremely popular by all accounts. I do not expect any of the other to have a significant share of the votes. The North central is almost impossible to predict. Atiku scored 43% of the vote last time round but I expect Obi and Tinubu to have a large say in this Zone as well.

It’s safe to say that the huge and overwhelming Atiku victories in the South East and South South will all but disappear with Peter Obi in the field. I would be shocked if Obi does not register a 90% tally in these zones. The South West I believe will go to Tinubu but not to the extent he is banking on the PDP party apparatus is strong here and with the amount of non-indigenous ethnic immigrants in this zone I expect Kwankwaso and Obi to have a share in the voting pie as well.
So last last we can try and make predictions, therefore I have assigned percentages of votes to all contestants for each zone (See 2nd table).

Do you agrees? Share your thoughts.

Re: Election 2023: Voting Permutation & Predictions by Desperado14: 1:07pm On Jul 09, 2022
Table 1 & 2

Re: Election 2023: Voting Permutation & Predictions by DispatcherLagos: 1:08pm On Jul 09, 2022
grin
2023 go shock a lot of people just as Buhari is always shocked by bad news
Re: Election 2023: Voting Permutation & Predictions by l69l: 1:11pm On Jul 09, 2022
Desperado14:
Table 1 & 2
your permutation which data did u use (New or Old)
Re: Election 2023: Voting Permutation & Predictions by Desperado14: 1:18pm On Jul 09, 2022
l69l:

your permutation which data did u use (New or Old)

I used the Voting numbers from 2019 subtracted Buhari out of the equation and assigned weighted votes by zone to the 4 contesting candidates. Rough but it gives a a good ground for context.

Atiku will scrape the NE

Rabiu will dominate the NW

NC will slimly go to Obi

SW will likely go to Tinubu but not without significant gain by obi especially if this Muslim-Muslim ticket isnt resolved.

SE SS to go to Obi without much hassle.

Triggering a run-off between Obi and Kwankwaso.

The End!
Re: Election 2023: Voting Permutation & Predictions by Olatunji1929: 10:52pm On Jul 10, 2022
You even think tinubu will score more vote in SS than pdp so obi will come first while kwankwazo will come second atiku and tinubu will come 3rd and last. this bear parlour permutations of yours shows that you are a big clown
Re: Election 2023: Voting Permutation & Predictions by tonididdy(m): 4:23am On Jul 11, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
grin
2023 go shock a lot of people just as Buhari is always shocked by bad news
There will be little or no shock bra
The OP has predicted correctly.

Obi will get a bite of NC
A big bite from SS
A mouthful from SE

...problem is will it be enough without any taste from the core North where the number lies.

The core North will be hugely divided between a muslim-muslim ticket, kwankwaso ( distraction) and Atiku.

Tinibu is only guaranteed SW but even there, Obi will still get a bite nonetheless.

It's a predictable 2023 elections but the question remains , WILL IT BE ENOUGH? WILL IT BE FREE&FAIR ?
Re: Election 2023: Voting Permutation & Predictions by tonididdy(m): 4:30am On Jul 11, 2022
Desperado14:

I used the Voting numbers from 2019 subtracted Buhari out of the equation and assigned weighted votes by zone to the 4 contesting candidates. Rough but it gives a a good ground for context.

Atiku will scrape the NE

Rabiu will dominate the NW

NC will slimly go to Obi

SW will likely go to Tinubu but not without significant gain by obi especially if this Muslim-Muslim ticket isnt resolved.

SE SS to go to Obi without much hassle.

Triggering a run-off between Obi and Kwankwaso.

The End!
You were so right until the last sentence.
I think this is between pdp and lp.
Kwankwaso is someworth famous in the NE but his platform is a ghost in Nigeria as a whole.
Timibu on the other hand CAN ONLY WIN 2023 with violence and rigging.

(1) (Reply)

Putin Wants Israel To Handover Control Of Jerusalem Church To Russia / Ethiopian Maid Tried To Kill Her Bosses Three Kids In United Arab Emirates / Iran's Nuclear Program Peaceful - United States Intelligence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.