Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,839 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? (9729 Views)

Top Nigerian Gospel Songs Released In May / What Are Your Favourite Nigerian Gospel Songs? / Here Are 10 Nigerian Gospel Songs That Will Move You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Michella25: 12:18pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hymns o,
Just close my eyes and let it flow..

1 Like

Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Antoeni(m): 12:19pm On Jul 10, 2022
We Are Talking of Churches Who Sings Hymns or Worship Here .
And You Are Mentioning Celestial
timilehin007:

Celestia churches too barely sings gospel...I can say they don't even find it as part of their doctrines... but when it's time got hymns... I swear it feels like they are not of this world again...I personally prefer hymns anyday...it feels like they were written by angel and it has this feelings of connecting one to the spiritual realm
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by RexTramadol1: 12:20pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hymns anytime, any day

1 Like

Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by RexTramadol1: 12:21pm On Jul 10, 2022
Antoeni:
We Are Talking of Churches Who Sings Hymns or Worship Here .
And You Are Mentioning Celestial

What happened to Celestial?

They have very deep hymns jsyk
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by spencekat(m): 12:22pm On Jul 10, 2022
Ballzproblemm:
hymn ,God I love hymn ,that time for secondary School na so we go dey carry hymn for without even looking at the. booklet cheesy ,in fact e turn to competition cheesy,aah the good ol days ,not this tik tok generation
Yes, Methodist Hymn Book at Methodist College Uzuakoli Chapel those good old days.
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Antoeni(m): 12:23pm On Jul 10, 2022
Please Read to Understand, We Are Talking of Churches Here
RexTramadol1:

What happened to Celestial?

They have very deep hymns jsyk
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by tctrills: 12:25pm On Jul 10, 2022
RexTramadol1:
Hymns anytime, any day
hymns are gospel songs.
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Image123(m): 12:26pm On Jul 10, 2022
Eph 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

They are all good, but the songs should be spiritual. The problem is that most of the songs today play to please the flesh, that's why hymns look more spiritual but actually gospel songs ought to be spiritual songs.
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Ballzproblemm: 12:26pm On Jul 10, 2022
spencekat:
Yes, Methodist Hymn Book at Methodist College Uzuakoli Chapel those good old days.
you Sabi cool
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by vivalavida(m): 12:34pm On Jul 10, 2022
As an anglican, I will chose anglican hymns anyday

1 Like

Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Kingcalls: 12:35pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hymns

1 Like

Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by vivalavida(m): 12:36pm On Jul 10, 2022
Antoeni:
Please Read to Understand, We Are Talking of Churches Here

Lmao

So cele na cult?

1 Like

Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by meeketta: 12:37pm On Jul 10, 2022
Most gospel song this are just for entertainment. i prefer hymns
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Ololanla: 12:39pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hymns

1 Like

Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Antoeni(m): 12:41pm On Jul 10, 2022
I don’t Know , I Only Want Us to Focus on Churches Alone
vivalavida:

Lmao

So cele na cult?
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by folake4u(f): 12:50pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hymns.

They are solemn and have deeper meaning.

2 Likes

Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Omoluabi16(m): 1:27pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hymns.They are Solemn and directly inspired of God.

1 Like

Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by excesslove90(m): 1:31pm On Jul 10, 2022
Base on my state of mind but I will likely choose gospel song over hymn##
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by sirgusto: 1:41pm On Jul 10, 2022
Which one is gospel songs undecided
I can't worship in a place where I will not sing from the Ancient and Modern revised, and also chant the psalms (canticles).
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Enny2013(f): 1:45pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hymns!!!!
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by NICENEDU29: 1:51pm On Jul 10, 2022
Ballzproblemm:
hymn ,God I love hymn ,that time for secondary School na so we go dey carry hymn for without even looking at the. booklet cheesy ,in fact e turn to competition cheesy,aah the good ol days ,not this tik tok generation
My dear, you are very correct. You have just reminded me of those good old days in Secondary School that are still fresh in my memory. The way we used to sing hymns those days in Secondary School are the reason why I still love singing hymns so much even up till this very day. In fact, Gospel songs don't even move me the way hymns move me
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by NoToPile: 1:55pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hymns, hymns and hymns
Thank God we must sing hymns in every service in my church, after praise worship, opening hymns cheesy

Old rugged cross
All creatures of our God and king (my best hymn)
Praise to the lord the almighty
O lord our help in ages past
Holy holy holy

Etc etc

If hymns are now sang in my local dialect Chai, it's sounds deeper.
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Maxpro121: 2:02pm On Jul 10, 2022
ahamonyeka:
Hymn is one of the part i enjoy in church as a seventh day adventist.i can sing it all day
.org

Regards bro
You remind me of E. G. White

1 Like

Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by chuk65276: 2:12pm On Jul 10, 2022
I love hymns bt Gospels are equally nice and powerful bt can be monotonous in their message. Almost like singing around same thing.I love hymns bt Gospels are equally nice and powerful bt can be monotonous in their message. Almost like singing around same thing....
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Platony(m): 2:18pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hymns over & over.
U can't compare d vibes.
Hymns got a whole different vibes.
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by judedwriter(m): 2:28pm On Jul 10, 2022
I love the hymns... They are so spiritual and powerful.

I love the hymn_'how great thou art'.

Each time it's sung in benny hinn's crusades with the grand organ, I feel goose bumps!
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by judedwriter(m): 2:32pm On Jul 10, 2022
tctrills:
Hymns are gospel songs. It makes no sense to compare hymns to gospel song because they are one and the very same.

Yes they are both the gospel, but hymns are more sacred and holy.

Most hymns were composed by godly people during a time of great spiritual revivals long ago.
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by silibaba: 2:33pm On Jul 10, 2022
Balistic4:
gospel

modified:
everyone shouting hymn up and down will jump to the high heavens once the choir change the song from "what a friend we have in Jesus...." to "imana Chineke'm gozirim agozi, Oluwa ti ba mi sé" grin grin grin

Hymns is for the rich and matured who really want to connect to the realm

Gospels is for the poor and kids who just want to shake body and dance away their sorrow.
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by tctrills: 2:35pm On Jul 10, 2022
judedwriter:

Yes they are both the gospel, but hymns are more sacred and holy.

Most hymns were composed by godly people during a time of great spiritual revivals long ago.
That's my point the op should not have differentiated hymns from gospel songs.
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Balistic4: 2:36pm On Jul 10, 2022
silibaba:

Hymns is for the rich and matured who really want to connect to the realm

Gospels is for the poor and kids who just want to shake body and dance away their sorrow.
ok
Re: Hymns Or Gospel Songs, Which Do You Prefer? by Arielle: 2:39pm On Jul 10, 2022
Lifelong Catholic and I prefer hymns. I even prefer masses where we sing the Creed and the Gloria in Latin. There also Nigerian hymns, in English and Nigerian languages that I really like. I can't abide choruses. And all the noise, singing and dancing, is a big distraction for me. To each his own, I guess. There are some who are moved by the dancing and shouting.
Draw Me Nearer and Blessed Assurance are 2 of my favourites.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities / How You Can Avoid Defiling Yourself On Valentine's Day / Reasons Financial Prosperity Doesn't Answer To Prayers Directly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.