Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,234 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

My Son Knows About America And Not Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Son Knows About America And Not Nigeria (983 Views)

New Naira Notes Scarcity, See What My Son's School Sent To Us / Sylvester Oromoni: I Won’t Bury My Son Even If It Takes 30 Years To Get Justice / My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Son Knows About America And Not Nigeria by Snakedoctor1: 4:06pm On Jul 10, 2022
My son in primary 2 at Abuja school knows the American past presidents and all the details of American Revolutionary War.
When asked about the Nigerian president, he mentioned only 'Buhari' but couldn't remember Muhammadu and, neither could he mention any past president or any significant historical event in Nigeria.

Is this how they teach our children now in Nigeria or is it school or the boy?

1 Like

Re: My Son Knows About America And Not Nigeria by God1000(m): 4:07pm On Jul 10, 2022
History isn't well taught in our schools, this is a very worrisome situation.

You need to buy him a current affairs book

3 Likes

Re: My Son Knows About America And Not Nigeria by blazingblender(m): 4:12pm On Jul 10, 2022
You don't teach your children bad things
You only teach them good good things
Maybe your child will soon be the next president of Yankee
Believe cool
Don't mind that jonsing president
Re: My Son Knows About America And Not Nigeria by Zonefree(m): 4:15pm On Jul 10, 2022
Your child is on the right track.

Nigeria is bad news. It's evil to imbibe your child with bad news.

1 Like

Re: My Son Knows About America And Not Nigeria by HarunaWest(m): 4:24pm On Jul 10, 2022
Snakedoctor1:
My son in primary 2 at Abuja school knows the American past presidents and all the details of American Revolutionary War.
When asked about the Nigerian president, he mentioned only 'Buhari' but couldn't remember Muhammadu and, neither could he mention any past president or any significant historical event in Nigeria.

A very nonsense school.

2 Likes

Re: My Son Knows About America And Not Nigeria by Unzerious: 5:16pm On Jul 10, 2022
Your son is trying oo! I only know from George Bush Sr. till Present, and a handful of Historically Acclaimed Ex's wink

Give Him Time, although try Documentries or something like that... I was almost through with Secondary school, when I discovered Shagari was the first Democratically elected President of FRN grin
Re: My Son Knows About America And Not Nigeria by BigDawsNet: 5:38pm On Jul 10, 2022
Snakedoctor1:

History in Nigeria schools is not active like 3 decades ago...
I'm not sure what the gov are hiding from upcoming kids ...

Anyway.. no knowledge is lost... let him keep learning American history and gain more interest with it...

That information oneday may earn him a Mayor position in one of the US states

1 Like

Re: My Son Knows About America And Not Nigeria by LogicBomb8: 10:42pm On Jul 10, 2022
Re: My Son Knows About America And Not Nigeria by blaquebelle: 2:29am On Jul 11, 2022
Hope you attend PTAs?
You can also do well to educate him more. Our education on history as Africans is too sub-par.

1 Like

Re: My Son Knows About America And Not Nigeria by christejames(m): 8:44am On Jul 11, 2022
That's the problem with some of our so called private schools, trying to feel more Western than the West forgetting that the pupils they are training are majorly going to remain in Nigeria...

Teach them Nigerian things, especially the realities on ground and not the fantasies of the Western world.
Re: My Son Knows About America And Not Nigeria by TeeGentle(m): 9:24am On Jul 11, 2022
Your child don oversabi
Before you know you will hear mummy I want to go to america

(1) (Reply)

Animals That Thrive On Land And Water: Top 10 Creatures / Any Useful Info About Oou Admission / Unijos Prospective Student, Get Updated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.