Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,083 members, 7,852,678 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:51 PM

Pa Kasunmu Lament! I Am Broke! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Pa Kasunmu Lament! I Am Broke! (775 Views)

Iyabo Ojo’s PA Gets Toyota Corolla From The Actress, Collapses / Wizkid's First Tweet After News Of His 2nd Babymama Broke / At Home With Pa Kasumu In Mushin Apartment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pa Kasunmu Lament! I Am Broke! by myyoruba: 4:56pm On Jul 27, 2011
Contrary to the wicked rumour circulating that the veteran yoruba actor kayode odumosu popularly known as been paralysed by a strange illness,but the actor has debunked the rumour saying that the news of his ailment was being blown out of proportion.
Demonstrating to entertainment reporters that he was in good shape, the respected thespian in an exclusive chat at his Mushin, Lagos office during the week maintained that he was misquoted by a section of the media.
Although, he admitted to nursing both heart and liver ailments for two years now, the Ogun State born entertainer assured that the situation had not prevented him from acting in movies.“I find the reports that my enemies (not me) have been hit by strange illness and paralysed very embarrassing”, he told the journalists. ‘I have been talking with my lawyers to seek a legal redress from the peddlers of such rumours especially soft sell magazines. Even when my condition was worse two years ago, nobody knew but I find it surprising such rumour is coming out now that I am better,” he added.
Meanwhile, the actor was bombarded with calls from friends and family members over this issue while attending to questions from the reporters.
“I even got a call from a woman in London who still found it hard to believe that all is well with me in spite of my assurances,” he lamented.
Explaining the history of his illness, Odumosu disclosed that the ailment began about two years ago and since then he had been placed on drugs as an outpatient of the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LUTH).

He stated that the illness which has gulped over N3million on treatment has not prevented him from appearing in movies.
His words, “It’s true that the drugs are expensive but I thank God that I have a wife, a son and most importantly I have God. I am broke now because the drug is expensive. I have been taking the drugs everyday for about two years but I have not received a single injection. However, the dosage is determined by periodic checkups. Sometimes if I notice a swollen leg, I would tell the doctor and they would recommend a test and prescribe the necessary drugs.”
Odumosu who clocked 58 on March 16, said that with his condition, he appeared in three movies including late Dagrin’s biopic, Ghetto Dreamz, Aramotu and Tales of Eve. The multi-talented actor who began acting in

Re: Pa Kasunmu Lament! I Am Broke! by Emmyk(m): 5:05pm On Jul 27, 2011
Nje baba yi serious sha? Alright {mimicking pa kasumu}

(1) (Reply)

Download Dbanj - Oliver Twist / Gunmen Attack Daddy Showkeyat His Residence For The Second Time In 4 Weeks / Mystikal Headed Back To Jail For Probation Violation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.