Stats: 3,152,035 members, 7,814,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Do I Need A Letter Of Invitation To Take To The Nigerian Embassy In The Uk ? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do I Need A Letter Of Invitation To Take To The Nigerian Embassy In The Uk ? (772 Views)

Temidayo Joseph, Nigerian Schoolboy Hangs Himself In The UK (pic) / Bitter Experience At Nigerian Embassy In Australia. / Nigerian Embassy Dublin To Charge Extra 50 Euros Admin Fee To Issue E-passport (2) (3) (4)

Do I Need A Letter Of Invitation To Take To The Nigerian Embassy In The Uk ? by okadabwoy: 7:23pm On Jul 27, 2011
Hello and good evening to everyone. This is my first post here as i'm new, lol. I just have a quick query please, I'll be travelling to Nigeria in a few weeks times, to see family, as I currently live in the UK. I know that the process of applying for a visa has changed as everything has to be done online now, etc, and thats ok for me, as I appreciate that the Nigerian Govt has there rules and regulations., ive been going through the guidelines of applying and it mentions a letter of invitation. As i'm of nigerian descent, and I speak 3 nigerian languages fluently is this a must for me?? Do i actually have to get an invite letter emailed to me from nigeria?? my parents are elderly and they may not understand why they have to write out a letter for their own child to come to the motherland, and just that I don't wanna go to the embassy and get rejected becos of this invite letter. Have any UK citizens had to do this please??

Also it seems that the application for visa is by appointment only, and I may not be able to lodge my documents on the date they give me, so am I able to lodge my application on a day that i'm not working?? This is due to the fact that it may be hard for me to get the day off at work.  I would very much appreciate any help/suggestions that can be given please,

Warm regards
Okada_bwoy
Re: Do I Need A Letter Of Invitation To Take To The Nigerian Embassy In The Uk ? by Tosinville(m): 11:10pm On Jul 27, 2011
To go Nigeria embassy in the UK and explain it to them maybe their ideas might help before applying.
Re: Do I Need A Letter Of Invitation To Take To The Nigerian Embassy In The Uk ? by chino4(m): 9:30pm On Jul 28, 2011
go to d nigerian embassy n state ur grounds so that they can process ur nigerian passport.Alternatively get d invitation letter when u get to nigeria get d required documents and apply for ur ecowas passport.

How Many Of Our Top Government Officials Has Access To Nairaland Or An Account ? / Samtery / The Date 11-11-11