Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,705 members, 7,862,228 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:46 AM

You Are Just Bad Enough For God To Love - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Are Just Bad Enough For God To Love (678 Views)

How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Are Just Bad Enough For God To Love by newmi(m): 9:44pm On Jul 27, 2011
Romans 4:5
5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
if you think that you so bad God is angry with  you well think again because you are just bad enough to deserve God's love.

all you need to do is to call upon His name.
Romans 10:13
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Re: You Are Just Bad Enough For God To Love by Azania2(f): 6:58am On Aug 11, 2011
God loves all his children and one can never be bad enough for the love of God. The love of God is not like that of humans, his is more superior and unconditional.
Re: You Are Just Bad Enough For God To Love by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 11, 2011
Azania2:

God loves all his children and one can never be bad enough for the love of God. The love of God is not like that of humans, his is more superior and unconditional.

Unconditional love- Do what I want like a robot and if you don't I'll send you to a place of fiery torture for trillions of years. But I love you and also I need some money. Give the money to Chris, he'll forward it to me.

Big Daddy God a.k.a Mary's baby daddy.
Re: You Are Just Bad Enough For God To Love by mabell: 8:50pm On Aug 11, 2011
@poster,
God loves even the boko harams right!?!
grin grin
Re: You Are Just Bad Enough For God To Love by donjon: 10:42pm On Aug 11, 2011
Yes! He loves them & wants them to repent! No partiality- rememba saul d crusada morphed into paul d preacher!
Na d small 1 wey i know, i share!
Re: You Are Just Bad Enough For God To Love by Image123(m): 7:23am On Aug 12, 2011
Martian:

Unconditional love- Do what I want like a robot and if you don't I'll send you to a place of fiery torture for trillions of years. But I love you and also I need some money. Give the money to Chris, he'll forward it to me.

Big Daddy God a.k.a Mary's baby daddy.

Unconditional, as in there's no reason or condition why He should spare us or love us. Before Him, we're good for nothing and of no value but yet He sent His Son, and invested in our salvation. Unconditional as in undeserving love. Not unconditional as in do what you like.
Re: You Are Just Bad Enough For God To Love by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 12, 2011
Image123:

Unconditional, as in there's no reason or condition why He should spare us or love us. Before Him, we're good for nothing and of no value but yet He sent His Son, and invested in our salvation. Unconditional as in undeserving love. Not unconditional as in do what you like.

In psychology, Stockholm syndrome is a term used to describe a real paradoxical psychological phenomenon wherein hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors; sometimes to the point of defending them.
Re: You Are Just Bad Enough For God To Love by Joagbaje(m): 6:01pm On Aug 12, 2011
Newmi, this grammar is for you to interpret o cool
Re: You Are Just Bad Enough For God To Love by Jenwitemi(m): 6:06pm On Aug 12, 2011
Can the bible God love non-christians, then?
newmi:

Romans 4:5
5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
if you think that you so bad God is angry with  you well think again because you are just bad enough to deserve God's love.

all you need to do is to call upon His name.
Romans 10:13
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Re: You Are Just Bad Enough For God To Love by Joagbaje(m): 6:14pm On Aug 12, 2011
God loves the whole world.

John 3:16-17
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Re: You Are Just Bad Enough For God To Love by Image123(m): 6:42pm On Aug 12, 2011
Martian:

In psychology, Stockholm syndrome is a term used to describe a real paradoxical psychological phenomenon wherein hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors; sometimes to the point of defending them.

Sorry then, i'm not talking psychology, i'm talking reality.

@Jenwit
The unconditional love is not for christians at all, but for the entire human race. Christians don't enjoy unconditional love, but covenant love.
Re: You Are Just Bad Enough For God To Love by Jenwitemi(m): 9:41pm On Aug 12, 2011
So, does the bible God love those who do not believeth in his "begotten son", then?
Joagbaje:

God loves the whole world.

John 3:16-17
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Re: You Are Just Bad Enough For God To Love by Image123(m): 11:33pm On Aug 12, 2011
^
Yes, God loves those who do not believe. Nobody believed from birth. It was love that made God to send Jesus to us even while We WERE yet sinners. This is the unconditional love spoken of. Unconditional as in without condition, without reason, undeserving. I was a sinner, useless to God and courting His anger/wrath. But He paid for my sins, forgave me, not because of anything i did or could do, but because i responded to His love in faith. That love is the unconditional.

(1) (Reply)

Servants Of The Spirit And Prisoners Of Organization. / The Choice: E-comic / Nigerians, Do You Realize That You Are In The Hell Spoken About In The Bible ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.