Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,150 members, 7,849,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:46 AM

Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job (28734 Views)

Going Back To School At Age 34 / How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer / My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job by Hassanmaye(m): 9:05pm On Jul 12, 2022
[quote author=9jayes post=114674483][/quote]
But the truth is this guy is not exposed he doesn't know how people are looking for Jobs desperately, the trend now is to manage your job till you are somehow secured before you leave.
Re: Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job by Bobloco: 9:05pm On Jul 12, 2022
Sometimes they say, look before you leap
Re: Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job by Omniman(m): 9:05pm On Jul 12, 2022
shocked Nawa for you

Will you employ you if it were you.... cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job by nwakibie3(m): 9:06pm On Jul 12, 2022
Just be obidient and get your pvc then Vote for Peter Obi to get a better job.
Re: Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job by Techmac00: 9:06pm On Jul 12, 2022
Very funny.

".....two roads diverged into the woods, I took the road not taken...."

Take the road not taken. Be patient while on it.

1 Like

Re: Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job by stagger: 9:06pm On Jul 12, 2022
themountain:
Please I am in need of advice desperately. I recently resigned from my previous Job, just after receiving my salary. My boss was mean and toxic to me, to the extent that immediately I received my salary I left. I have sent my resignation letter.
I left for another opportunity in another state.
Now, the problem is that the job I left for is not as it turned out to be. I have regretted the move ever since.
Would it be okay if I called my boss and beg for another opportunity to come back?

The same boss you said is toxic and mean.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job by Rhozabeth(m): 9:06pm On Jul 12, 2022
Resigning without knowing nwhat u are going to meet in the next place is not a wise idea! I doubt if ur boss will take u back but if he does believe me be ready for double what he did to u previously!
Re: Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job by Obyangel: 9:07pm On Jul 12, 2022
Don't go back. I repeat, do not go back

1 Like

Re: Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job by juman(m): 9:07pm On Jul 12, 2022
Move on.
There are more job opportunities out there if you open your eyes.
That your former job is not good for your health.

4 Likes

Re: Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
themountain:
Please I am in need of advice desperately. I recently resigned from my previous Job, just after receiving my salary. My boss was mean and toxic to me, to the extent that immediately I received my salary I left. I have sent my resignation letter.
Now, the problem is that the job I left for is not as it turned out to be. I have regretted the move ever since.
Would it be okay if I called my boss and beg for another opportunity to come back?
e don be na

1 Like

Re: Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job by Golan007: 9:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
My friend, bite the bullet and seek other ventures.

No single job is your destiny in life.
Re: Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job by Asour: 9:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
themountain:

Very unlikely. But you may tryyyy.

But would you take such an employee back if you were the employer? Think on these things.

2 Likes

Re: Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job by ThinkWISELY(m): 9:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
dangoteinlaw:
baba move ahead

do you have a land you wish to develop immediately, then look no further as we are here to satisfy your architectural and construction needs.whatapp us via the number on the signature

Lovely designs, God go give us money, I get you for mind, hope you don't charge much? grin

1 Like

Re: Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job by Golan007: 9:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
stagger:

The same boss you said is toxic and mean.

The guy is ready for the insults.

HungerBad.

grin
Re: Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job by Peskid147: 9:09pm On Jul 12, 2022
themountain:
So far you are in another state I will advice you to be patient and look for a better job there. What is the gain of working with a toxic and mean boss that means he had been playing on your sanity and am sure it has affected your productivity.
Re: Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job by Golan007: 9:09pm On Jul 12, 2022
Hassanmaye:

But the truth is this guy is not exposed he doesn't know how people are looking for Jobs desperately, the trend now is to manage your job till you are somehow secured before you leave.

Rubbish.
Re: Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job by Major7: 9:10pm On Jul 12, 2022
Verywickedman giving good advice...lol. So you have some level of good in you afterall

VeryWickedMan:
If you do, your suffering has just begun
Re: Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job by ImpactBooks: 9:10pm On Jul 12, 2022
This is why I deliberately always have outstanding leave any where I work. If I see any new job offer and I need to test how deep the water is, I ensure that I keep my two legs in it. All I need do is to apply for my outstanding leave diplomatically and use that period to see what the new job offers. Suffice to say that I do spend my leave at my new job offer. Once I notice the new job doesn't offer me something better than where my originaI job, I call it quit and resume back to my original job once the leave period ends.

Shikenna!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job by abobote: 9:13pm On Jul 12, 2022
You actually thought, that your salary was big, not knowing it will finish after one night clubbing and taking a girl for a night.

The grass is not always greener outside

1 Like

Re: Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job by Christboy320(m): 9:13pm On Jul 12, 2022
It's not a good idea sha
Re: Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job by ThankGodFriday(m): 9:15pm On Jul 12, 2022
You no serious
Re: Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job by Franking: 9:19pm On Jul 12, 2022
U can't eat ur cake and have it na.
Re: Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job by Halo22: 9:19pm On Jul 12, 2022
In all honesty Mr Op, u will have urself to blame if u go back to that ur previous job, I would have advised u return if u had no job at all but since u have one presently, add it to ur experience.
Re: Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job by meeketta: 9:20pm On Jul 12, 2022
That is why it's very good you sleep over certain things before you take your final decision.

I will advice you that you sort out for other vacancy. That is if you still want to retain your self-esteem and worth.
Re: Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job by Victor2707: 9:21pm On Jul 12, 2022
Don’t go back to beg. Suffer the consequence of your actions.

Start looking for a new job.
Re: Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job by Aaaaarghmed(m): 9:23pm On Jul 12, 2022
Move on..dont go back if not,dem go use you like 13 spanner now
Re: Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job by KristaPretty(f): 9:24pm On Jul 12, 2022
I left my previous place of employment for this same reason. Rude, disrespectful and saucy boss. Only one day and one time verbal abuse in my history of working there, omo I dumped the gadem job.
I choose my self respect and mental health over any rubbish as I am not new in the cooperate world.

Stayed home for few weeks while applying and got something better.

My former employer called to apologise and asked that I return with a slight pay increase, it would have probably been one mistake I would have made in life.

I left without an option or no plans but it was the best thing to do for my peace

Move ahead without regrets!!!

5 Likes

Re: Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job by Aldol: 9:26pm On Jul 12, 2022
Don't even try it....if you do you will be treated worse, you will be owed and you can't do shit .
Re: Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job by KingRSHD2(m): 9:26pm On Jul 12, 2022
themountain:
U should have made s thorough research before making decisions of resigning
To beg him now is s tentative desicion oo
Re: Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job by Mina79(f): 9:28pm On Jul 12, 2022
Who does that?
If you try it, you have raised his toxicity to power two.
Best you can do is to pray he calls you back.
themountain:
Re: Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job by seanwilliam(m): 9:32pm On Jul 12, 2022
Just move on bro .. life happens to us all

1 Like

Re: Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 12, 2022
It will be worse if you go back

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest / What Professional Skill Will Be In HOT DEMAND 2016 / Our Male Bosses Punish Us For Refusing Their Sexual Advances: Policewomen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.