Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,536 members, 7,812,666 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla - Autos (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla (51715 Views)

Car loan directories,you can acquire a loan to purchase a car of your dream / I Want To Purchase A Mercedes-benz C300 Please Advice on pros and cons / How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Dshocker(m): 10:37pm On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:

Why not import it yourself?
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Dshocker(m): 10:39pm On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
How?

Guy na Lagos you dey ooO, better shine your eyes ooO, Lagosians dey vex.
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Dshocker(m): 10:44pm On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Check my previous thread. Before I embarked on the journey I have contacted a dealer on this forum. His price and spec of car didn't match my budget.
I mentioned someone I met on jiji doesn't mean I visited only one person or car stand. I have gone around many car stands. Prices the same according to them they say the increment is due to the new custom duties.

And yes I only visited Ajah, Ikorodu and Apapa. Lagos is not like other places where you can move freely and easily. In Lagos to move from point a to point c may take you more than 3 hours.

I don't have all the time to stay in Lagos.
I have work to do in PH. I didn't even plan staying this long in Lagos.

If you are still interested, i can put a call through, to my agent friends in Tin-Can

Incase the clear any clean 05 from the seaport.
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Nduemma12(m): 10:59pm On Jul 13, 2022
okoroemeka:
I agree with you ,when I want to get an 06 honda DC Lagos price last was #950k,the day I went to onitsha to enter motor to Lagos my mind told me to check first in onitsha,lo and behold I got a very clean DC at #850k in onitsha,with everything working from ac to heated leather seats

Can you chat me on WhatsApp, let me get the contact of the car dealer you bought from
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by alphaNomega: 11:49pm On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
I started my first search in Ajah. I moved from Ajah to Lekki. I barely saw Corolla cars. Most cars I saw were SUVs.

I then moved to Ikorodu. I couldn't see and Tokunbo Corolla.

Finally moved to Apapa

For those saying I should go back and wait or replan, please know that as the day goes buy prices of cars are going up.
I started planning to buy this car in January. Then my budget was 2m and the car was at 2.3 and 2.5m.

July the car is hitting 3.8m.

So I can't keep waiting. Dollar is going up everyday.

This is yet another confirmation that Nigeria is a failed state and dying economy.

Cars are products that depreciate as soon as you drive them off the lot even if it was bought brand new.

You have a country that this depreciating product becomes more expensive with time in their local currency.

Tufia
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Emmanuel909090: 12:13am On Jul 14, 2022
Why not go back to PH and buy from PH, if it's same.price.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by sergeilil(m): 12:20am On Jul 14, 2022
Traveling by car is great. But when it comes to relocation, it is best to hire a special company. For example, when I decided I wanted to live in Canada, I found small movers in calgary https://calgarymoverspro.ca . And ordered moving services from them. Because moving to another city in Canada is a huge stress for me. And I also have a lot of furniture that just wouldn't fit in my Toyotta Carolla.
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by IJOBA11: 12:26am On Jul 14, 2022
AbelAbdul:
I couldn't find a very clean 05 Corolla for 3.4m.
Even other models are sold from 3.5m.
Modified:
Getting a car at apapa warehouse is like getting a house. U pass through agents.

Once you enter the warehouse some random guys will flock over you asking you want kind of car u want. They will perch on u like a bird.

I was told each agent gets 100k commission for every car he sells or bring someone to buy.

They hardly allow you have access to the real car dealers.

Very terrible. Something I don't see in PH
OGA BUY PONTIAC VIBE AND REST

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Celeboy22: 1:19am On Jul 14, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Check my previous thread. Before I embarked on the journey I have contacted a dealer on this forum. His price and spec of car didn't match my budget.
I mentioned someone I met on jiji doesn't mean I visited only one person or car stand. I have gone around many car stands. Prices the same according to them they say the increment is due to the new custom duties.

And yes I only visited Ajah, Ikorodu and Apapa. Lagos is not like other places where you can move freely and easily. In Lagos to move from point a to point c may take you more than 3 hours.

I don't have all the time to stay in Lagos.
I have work to do in PH. I didn't even plan staying this long in Lagos.

I understand you perfectly and you don't have to check cars at Ajah, lekki, please come down to Ikeja, you will see lovey cars and don't tell them you came from ph to buy car, they will assume you're a billionaire, tell them you came from Iyana-Paja to buy this Corolla.

You will surely get what you want, but mind you, cars below 2010 model are very costly due to custom duty, you would have tried 08/09 model of corolla,

I understand your stress

I lives here in Lagos, please come down to Mainland and don't stay at Oshodi, look for a good place, they're several good cars here at Ikeja, Ogba and Agege

Thanks Bro and wish you a safe drive back home, mind you for your own safety, don't meet anyone online in respect of the car, everybody know say you deh with money, please stay safe

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by chukel(m): 2:25am On Jul 14, 2022
alphaNomega:

This is yet another confirmation that Nigeria is a failed state and dying economy.

Cars are products that depreciate as soon as you drive them off the lot even if it was bought brand new.

You have a country that this depreciating product becomes more expensive with time in their local currency.

Tufia
your analogy doesn't make sense. It means U.S is also a failed state cos the used car prices over there have almost doubled. You can ask questions too.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by reagand200(m): 3:55am On Jul 14, 2022
If you ever have a change of mind about the year, I have a 2004 Toyota Corolla, sound engine, freshly cleared (june 2022) ready to go for 2.8M.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by zivility: 4:04am On Jul 14, 2022
There is 4 month used corolla in Abuja for 2.4m. the owner is relocating
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by TPound(m): 5:06am On Jul 14, 2022
This is a 2006 accident free corolla... Just landed... Manual glass winding. But the last I can give you is 3.3m... if interested, WhatsApp me on the number in my signature

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Plethereal: 6:57am On Jul 14, 2022
Celeboy22:

I understand you perfectly and you don't have to check cars at Ajah, lekki, please come down to Ikeja, you will see lovey cars and don't tell them you came from ph to buy car, they will assume you're a billionaire, tell them you came from Iyana-Paja to buy this Corolla.

You will surely get what you want, but mind you, cars below 2010 model are very costly due to custom duty, you would have tried 08/09 model of corolla,

I understand your stress

I lives here in Lagos, please come down to Mainland and don't stay at Oshodi, look for a good place, they're several good cars here at Ikeja, Ogba and Agege

Thanks Bro and wish you a safe drive back home, mind you for your own safety, don't meet anyone online in respect of the car, everybody know say you deh with money, please stay safe

Wise words on Marble!
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by thinkmoney(m): 7:02am On Jul 14, 2022
AbelAbdul:
1. I don't want to leave Lagos without getting a car.
2. I need Corolla
I got 2010 5 months ago for 3.5. Reach me for my agent
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by shortgun(m): 7:18am On Jul 14, 2022
This character is sponsored by greedy car dealers in this forum to justify the exorbitant price they charge for cars on this site.

A port Harcourt based man with 3.2m can't find a 2005 shitty Toyota corolla to buy in the entire Lagos stategrin grin grin grin
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by newmoney133: 8:37am On Jul 14, 2022
Yepa.Everybody don turn agent for Nairaland.After going on excursion to lagos,you guys still want him to come to Abeoguta,Ilorin,Auchi And others.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Itsrm(m): 8:38am On Jul 14, 2022
Dshocker:

Why not import it yourself?

He will spend more
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Dshocker(m): 8:51am On Jul 14, 2022
Itsrm:

He will spend more

He will spend less my brother.
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Itsrm(m): 8:52am On Jul 14, 2022
Dshocker:

He will spend less my brother.

You obviously don't know what you're saying. So whatever makes you happy
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Dshocker(m): 8:53am On Jul 14, 2022
Itsrm:

You obviously don't know what you're saying. So whatever makes you happy

Am a clearing agent, so calm down
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Itsrm(m): 8:55am On Jul 14, 2022
Dshocker:

Am a clearing agent, so calm down

Doesn't mean you know anything about importation.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Dshocker(m): 9:34am On Jul 14, 2022
Itsrm:

Doesn't mean you know anything about importation.

Guy i know everything about importation
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Itsrm(m): 9:53am On Jul 14, 2022
Dshocker:

Guy i know everything about importation

No, you don't. If you do, you'll know that vehicle sells between 1500 and 2000 on auction. Let's use 1600

Cost of the vehicle-$1600
Trucking to port-$350
Auction charges-$668
Shipping-$1200
Let's say he's lucky to get a very cheap broker-$200
Total: 4018×610= N2,450,980.
Clearing 900k.
Total excluding repairs N3,350,980

If you also know about importation as you claim, you'll know the vehicle may turn out to be a non runner($275) or forklift($675).

Let's not forget that the vehicle can land and require a major fix.

Maybe you can help him, I wish you Goodluck importing it at his budget of 3m.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Dshocker(m): 10:06am On Jul 14, 2022
Itsrm:

No, you don't. If you do, you'll know that vehicle sells between 1500 and 2000 on auction. Let's use 1600

Trucking to port-$350
Auction charges-$668
Shipping-$1200
Clearing 900k.

If you also know about importation as you claim, you'll know he vehicle may turn out to be a non runner($275) or forklift($675).

Guy calm down, if you don't know anything about importation, just calm down.

Besides i am not importing anything for anyone.
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Itsrm(m): 10:10am On Jul 14, 2022
Dshocker:

Guy calm down, if you don't know anything about importation, just calm down.

Besides i am not importing anything for anyone.

Now run along
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by SavageResponse(m): 10:12am On Jul 14, 2022
jamesversion:

It is Wharf.

Yes it is. Thank you for bringing the spelling error to my attention smiley
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by bonnyhope: 10:15am On Jul 14, 2022
Itsrm:

Trucking to port-$350
Auction charges-$668
Shipping-$1200
Clearing 900k.

If you also know about importation as you claim, you'll know he vehicle may turn out to be a non runner($275) or forklift($675).

Using conversion rate of N610 is far from truth
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Itsrm(m): 10:16am On Jul 14, 2022
bonnyhope:

Using conversion rate of N610 is far from truth

How much are you getting your own dollars? 420? Show us the way
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by bonnyhope: 10:18am On Jul 14, 2022
Going through this thread I realised that everyone is a middle man here trying to get what he will eat or looking for vulnerable people to scam

Nigerians are opportunists

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Dshocker(m): 10:24am On Jul 14, 2022
Itsrm:

Now run along

Last year November i imported a clean 2007 Toyota Sienna with a 18,000km at the cost of N2.6m

That na why i said calm down.
If you have someone over there, they will carefully help you find a good car at a cheaper rate, it might take up to 4 months.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Amazing Images Of Abandoned Car Dealership And Cars Around The World / Suspected Stolen Range Rover(photo) / Mustapha Gajibo Builds 100% Electric Car (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.