Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,834 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla - Autos (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla (51844 Views)

Car loan directories,you can acquire a loan to purchase a car of your dream / I Want To Purchase A Mercedes-benz C300 Please Advice on pros and cons / How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by alizma: 11:28am On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
1. I don't want to leave Lagos without getting a car.
2. I need Corolla
I would have advise you to quietly return to PH and look for the car without rush but since you say you must return with a car, the choice is yours. Success.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Timibraun0010: 11:29am On Jul 13, 2022
joinnow:
since you are in Lagos enter cotonour seme border. If you need genuine person that will get you grade 1 at affordable price let me know. You only need your transport money say 5k enter fifa 1 to fifa9 you go see motor taya. Make your choice. Make payment in 4 days your car go dey pH. And it will be grade 1 and your choice car and lower in price compare to Lagos.everything legit. Your car go turn girls Head

I'm also thinking of going to Cotonou to look for a car. Are vehicles now allowed to be moved into Nigeria? Any idea about the custom fee too?
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by everythinggirly(f): 11:29am On Jul 13, 2022
Lagos is a stressful place.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by angelfallz(m): 11:30am On Jul 13, 2022
Also, in this internet age you could not look up the price of a Toyota Corolla in Lagos, that would have saved you time and money?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by holysainbj(m): 11:31am On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
That's What my money can buy

Your contact
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Mariangeles(f): 11:32am On Jul 13, 2022
yesloaded:

Is it for private use or for taxi?

If it's for private use, corolla will tire you within few weeks to months except you've never driven any better car before(I meant no harm/insult)

Corolla is a very boring car, not as if other make consumes fuel that much infact some honda civic consumes lesser fuel compared to Toyota (although I don't like the way it's built)

Above all, don't be too desperate infcat it will be better for you to return to port harcourt with your pocket intact than getting scammed

What car would you recommend to him?
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by AbelAbdul: 11:32am On Jul 13, 2022
holubee21:
Does it mean no dealer sells cars in the whole of PH for u risking your life to come to Lagos? What if u enter bandit or kidnapper hand for naija wey no dey save travel so. Bros u get mind oo I swear
most Corolla in ph are Asian spec. And the minimum price for American spec in ph is 3.7
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Soki234: 11:32am On Jul 13, 2022
ruggedtimi:
all the money you spent on hotel, food and transport. You for jeje add am up buy a clean one in pH

...also, the risk to life, and the probability of not getting back to PH with the car eventually.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Ronald1(m): 11:34am On Jul 13, 2022
novia22:

Hmmmm...Your dad must be a very lucky man...

Maybe sha.
Thanks
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Christboy320(m): 11:35am On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
2. I need Corolla
Have you checked mechanic village at agidimbi you can see good ones there I am there at the moment
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by davillian(m): 11:35am On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Good morning all. I believe you all are doing great.
I want to share my experience leaving Port Harcourt for Lagos to buy a Toyota Corolla.

I embarked on this journey on Sunday 10th July.
I came to Lagos to purchase the car because of these three conditions;
1. I thought it will cheaper in Lagos than Port Harcourt.
2. I believed in Lagos I will see much of it and would have a choice.
3. I believed in Lagos I will get the best with everything intact.

Before coming to Lagos I had my preferred model in mind. That's 2005 LE model.
Common sense is not common I swear.
You left your ph without any friend or family member in Lagos to help you source a car, send you pics and video before you come..

You just enter Lagos just like that to come buy car I pity u.....

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by johnseno: 11:35am On Jul 13, 2022
I am a clearing and forwarding agent with my office in Tincan Apapa, there are two clean Toyota 05 available for sell at 3.6m.
Note: be very careful when buying tokunbo vehicle as some of them might not have genuine Customs documents, so make sure you confirmed the documents at Customs office before payment and also accident history free.
You can reach me on my no:08036240534
Prince Johnson is my name or you may just search johnseno on nairaland

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by gaby(m): 11:35am On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Good morning all. I believe you all are doing great.
I want to share my experience leaving Port Harcourt for Lagos to buy a Toyota Corolla.

I embarked on this journey on Sunday 10th July.
I came to Lagos to purchase the car because of these three conditions;
1. I thought it will cheaper in Lagos than Port Harcourt.
2. I believed in Lagos I will see much of it and would have a choice.
3. I believed in Lagos I will get the best with everything intact.

Before coming to Lagos I had my preferred model in mind. That's 2005 LE model.

Go pick up this Tokunboh Mercedes Benz C230 Kompressor 2006 with moon roof and enjoy yourself for #3M giveaway. Car is at a dealer's in Lagos.

The car is at a dealer's. Dem don add their own money join the price tire dem no wan sell am.

Upgrade yourself properly with this machine. It is good on gas too.

If you park this car beside Corolla you go thank God say I enter this your thread. Even If you wish to Uber with it, you are good to go

Cheers..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by churchill3: 11:35am On Jul 13, 2022
Come to cotonou now. Drop your number. You will save 600k on any model you chose and get full option cars with barely no dent. The car would be delivered to your location in pH in 5days maximum.
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by yesloaded: 11:36am On Jul 13, 2022
Mariangeles:

What car would you recommend to him?

Not until I know if it's for private or commercial purpose

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by AbelAbdul: 11:36am On Jul 13, 2022
Doyenro23:
Dem go scam This one now he go come here to cry angry grin you come Lagos come find car you still one go contonou to buy car wey custom go impound you said you're looking for car wetin carry you go lekki cool cool oversabi dey worry u when there are car stands in Berger & ile zinc after pwd Lagos or better still go to apapa inside walf there shipments coming in and seller don't have complete money for clearance and custom duty you go buy cheaper talking from experience bought many cars with that method or you go back to your pH and buy expensive if you follow all This jiji advice i swear you go cry 3m no be small Money if you're buying from apapa do body and engine inspection with mechanic check the car under wella for Rusting i hope you go use this as advice or get scammed so we go laugh you wella
where is Walf? I'm in Apapa
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Oxala: 11:37am On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
2. I need Corolla

Be careful with this mindset, don't let them dupe you or sell you a lemon

Because you went in there with no local contacts prearranged, hustlers and middlemen are the ones showing you around and they are only trying to get rich off you, they know they probably won't ever see you again once you're done
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 13, 2022
I understand you.

In 2020 I made that same mistake going to leaving PH for lagos to get a ride, its such a hassle moving around Lagos, imagine from Yaba, to Amuwo odofin, Apapa, Ikorodu, the stress is much, cars are more expensive in Lagos than PH in my own opinion, too many hustlers and middle men who are greedy.

You have to deal with police all the way from Lagos Ibadan express to Choba.

Then you have the registration hurdle to jump, ie if you want to do registration in Lagos.

PH is much improved and better , people even come to PH from Lagos to buy cars, Lagos is overrated.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by jamesversion: 11:38am On Jul 13, 2022
I thought they claimed to have a Port in Port Harcourt.

They should simply rename the city Harcourt. Or Harcourts ville or Harcourtsburg or Harcourts Town.

No functional Port and you dey answer Port Harcourt. grin

12 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by smokeyupu(m): 11:38am On Jul 13, 2022
David1017:

Okay

If the price in PH is at par with the ones in Lagos I'll advise you go back there and collect a car there.

The number of police, customs and other agencies you'll encounter on the road will make you regret.

The level of extortion is unprecedented not to mention the delay at several check points...
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Mariangeles(f): 11:38am On Jul 13, 2022
yesloaded:

Not until I know if it's for private or commercial purpose

Let's assume it's for commercial purpose; what car?
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Aarenasbaba(m): 11:40am On Jul 13, 2022
I don't think car should be that expensive to get in Lagos...... Cars are everywhere here in ABK
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by arantess: 11:41am On Jul 13, 2022
ruggedtimi:
all the money you spent on hotel, food and transport. You for jeje add am up buy a clean one in pH
walaii

station road get clean cars
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by foolbuster: 11:41am On Jul 13, 2022
davillian:

Common sense is not common I swear.
You left your ph without any friend or family member in Lagos to help you source a car, send you pics and video before you come..

You just enter Lagos just like that to come buy car I pity u.....

This is funny because you actually sound like the one without common sense.
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Mariangeles(f): 11:41am On Jul 13, 2022
emsco:
Pls be careful, scammers full Jiji

There's nothing attractive on and about that app.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by yesloaded: 11:41am On Jul 13, 2022
Mariangeles:

Let's assume it's for commercial purpose; what car?

For commercial like Uber

Honda civic

Camry Big Daddy

Reasons: low fuel consumption, low maintenance cost, not expensive to buy. Infact I prefer big daddy to civic because if leg room, & booth also known as trunk.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Iykolysis: 11:41am On Jul 13, 2022
joinnow:
since you are in Lagos enter cotonour seme border. If you need genuine person that will get you grade 1 at affordable price let me know. You only need your transport money say 5k enter fifa 1 to fifa9 you go see motor taya. Make your choice. Make payment in 4 days your car go dey pH. And it will be grade 1 and your choice car and lower in price compare to Lagos.everything legit. Your car go turn girls Head

Please give me your number, i need a genuine link on how to get Cotonou car, i want a truthful dealer. Clean toks, 2008 Camry Spider, 4 plugs, leather interior.
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by DIAMANTE1759: 11:42am On Jul 13, 2022
streetwise2015:
I’m facing the same ordeal too..Most car dealers on Nairaland and Jiji are not honest..They are just selling dead cars. That’s why I became too careful…which of the good car dealer on Nairaland can you recommend..At this point I don’t mind shipping and waiting for my car as far as the car is great

I'm a honest car dealer
I have been contacted by a very few nairalanders on purchase of car from me.....the only issue I'm facing is location...most people wouldn't want to come to other state to purchase cars they believe all the cars they need is in Lagos and no need to visit other state
we operate two car stand, Lagos and Auchi depending on the location of the car. just look for a trusted dealer and stick to him. having a trusted dealer is like having a family doctor who will see to ur all car needs
I have a very cheap 09 Rx 350 available for sale in Auchi 5.7m but no one is willing to come due to the distance
I can even sell it at a more cheaper rate if I see an interested person
u can reach me on my number 07067723295
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by AbelAbdul: 11:42am On Jul 13, 2022
Watinhapen:
@poster, you sound desperate to get his your Toyota car and the way you sound you may be scammed or get a bad car. Calm down and take your time to search. When I wanted to buy my car last year it took me months after searching before I finally got a very good car that hasn’t given me any issue till today. I’m in PH but bought mine in Lagos. Car is about engine. A car may be clean but the engine is very bad.

For now, go back to PH. A friend went to Lagos last week to get this same Corolla but he couldn’t find a good one that meets his budget. He came back to PH without buying. If you have a friend or family member in Lagos tell them to search for you. You can also contact car dealers in PH. Take your time to search. Cars are now very expensive, don’t use your money to buy rubbish. Also, don’t make the mistake of driving an unregistered car to PH from Lagos. Policemen and Customs on the way will use yo,u shine.
Thanks
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Mariangeles(f): 11:43am On Jul 13, 2022
yesloaded:

For commercial like Uber

Honda civic

Camry Big Daddy

Reasons: low fuel consumption, low maintenance cost, not expensive to buy. Infact I prefer big daddy to civic because if leg room, & booth also known as trunk.

Okay. Thanks.
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by phemmyfour: 11:44am On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
where is Walf? I'm in Apapa
it's called wharf

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Iykolysis: 11:44am On Jul 13, 2022
joinnow:

Please give me your number, i need a genuine link on how to get Cotonou car, i want a truthful dealer. I need clean toks, 2008 Camry Spider, 4 plugs, leather interior.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

2016 HONDA CIVIC LX***Time Left:6days 0hours 10mins**UPDATED DAILY / Cheaper Cars For Nigerians As Dollar Crashes To N1000 To Naira / Clearing&forwarding Agent.customs Area Controller (bsb)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.