Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Has Anyone Been To The Nigeria Embassy For A Visa For Within The Last 6 Weeks? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Has Anyone Been To The Nigeria Embassy For A Visa For Within The Last 6 Weeks? (593 Views)

I Was Denied Visa At French Embassy For This Reason.... / Bianca Ojukwu,the Best Thing To Have Happened To The Nigeria Embassy Madrid. / Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Has Anyone Been To The Nigeria Embassy For A Visa For Within The Last 6 Weeks? by okadabwoy: 11:24am On Jul 28, 2011
Hello and good morning to you all. I posted a previous post in this same tourist section yesterday, and i did get some help, but I may have not stated the topic well, so here we go, lol.

I'm a UK citizen of Nigerian descent, that lives in UK, i'll be travelling home in a few weeks time, (first time in loooooaadz of years, lol), and I realize that I have to apply for a visa at the nigerian embassy @ Charing cross. I've been made aware that the application is now done online, payment etc, fair enuff, I need some clarification on a few issues please.

Firstly, it seems to state on the webiste that a specific date will be given when i apply for me to bring all the docs, mu UK passport and submit my application,, as its quite busy at my workplace at present, and I may not be able to go on the date that i'm given, is there the option to CHANGE the date please  This is vey important for me as there is a huge possibility that i may not get the specific date off. 

Secondly if I apply online, how quickly do i get a date anyway?? The next 2 days i'm off from work are August 9th and 10, so i'm really HOPING that i can be given either of those days to lodge my application, lol smiley smiley

Thirdly, ive read on the website that I may need a letter of invite.  smiley smiley smiley I know that they have procedures but a letter of invite to go to my motherland to see my family??  I do have a nigerian surname by the way, so will that make any differerence, lol smiley smiley smiley

I'm not being paranoid, but i just wanna get there and things go smoothly, but at our embassy, u never know, lol

! would appreciate any suggestions, advice etc, from nairalanders out there, especially peeps that have gone through the new process of visa application. and may thanks to the advise on my previous post.

Warm regards
Okada_bwoy

(1) (Reply)

Emigrating To New Zealand / I Need Your Advice Here / www.babefishing.com: The Nigerian Free Dating Site, To Find Nigerian Free Match.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.