Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,920 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area (27795 Views)

See The Beans I Bought For 300 Naira In My Area / This Big And Long Python Was Killed In My Area (pics) / I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area by ElBenny(m): 9:20am On Jul 15, 2022
I was craving bread & groundnut with Pepsi last night (it's good to east suffer man food sometimes though), so I went to the Kiosk close by.

I reside at Agip Estate, Mile 4, Port Harcourt.

Got the round bread for ₦170, I asked for groundnut and the old woman said, “My son, ₦50 groundnut no dey again oh. Na ₦100 I dey sell.”

I was absolutely shocked and lost for words. “This woman must be very greedy,” I said to myself. I declined and bought only the bread from her and visited the next Kiosk.

Got there, “Madam evening, ground nut dey .” I said.

“Yes but na ₦100,” she replied.

I said no word, left hurriedly, got home and was in agony.

I slept with a burdensome heart of sorrow; my heart wallowed in the deep of grief beyond the grasp of hope.

I woke up this morning, remembered the ordeal last night and shouted, “Jesus! What a life.” ��

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area by ClassicMan202(m): 9:32am On Jul 15, 2022
This is really sad...

We should vote wisely, if not na corn and agbado we go chop on a daily

181 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:59am On Jul 15, 2022
Things are going up crazily on a daily basis. But our trust is in God. He will not allow us go hungry.

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area by Mom007(f): 10:29am On Jul 15, 2022
I stopped buying such groundnut a while ago. How many will I buy? My husband and daughter love it and can finish a bottle in a sitting. I buy raw and fry myself for peace to reign.

173 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area by Wintertime: 2:35pm On Jul 15, 2022
Wow

I repeat there's nothing like south and north

No zoning of presidential candidate
2015 our brother Goodluck Jonathan was a case study

Vote for your conscience
Vote for what you want

But to remind you the outcome wouldn't be controlled by you

3 Likes

Re: Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area by cRobo: 2:35pm On Jul 15, 2022
Only Peter Obi can rescue Nigeria

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area by Rikze: 2:36pm On Jul 15, 2022
True

G'nut is now a big man food...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area by Onigawara(m): 2:36pm On Jul 15, 2022
Nawa
Re: Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area by LaSenior: 2:36pm On Jul 15, 2022
cheesy
Re: Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area by BadNews: 2:36pm On Jul 15, 2022
Nawa o

This Country Nigeria Is Turning Into Something Else

2 Likes

Re: Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area by NwaNimo1(m): 2:37pm On Jul 15, 2022
Groundnut now out of price range?

[img]https://giffiles./216/216347.gif[/img]

A.llow

P.ersin

C.hew

24 Likes

Re: Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area by bid4rich(m): 2:37pm On Jul 15, 2022
Those that voted for CHANGE should be proud of it by now

Wicked people!

Wicked government!

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area by Amotekun777: 2:37pm On Jul 15, 2022
grin
Re: Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area by fullnetwork: 2:37pm On Jul 15, 2022
That you were struggling to with just N50 means you sef na suffer man na. Las las, u chop d bread without the Pepsi and groundnut combo.
Formings no help nobody. That combo na normal snacks (as against the label you gave it).

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area by isaaclech: 2:37pm On Jul 15, 2022
Everything in port Harcourt na case..

2 Likes

Re: Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area by Lamanii22(f): 2:37pm On Jul 15, 2022
As in eh.... everything is just too costly.... you have to do some calculations before you embark on shopping...

10 Likes

Re: Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area by Mrchippychappy(m): 2:37pm On Jul 15, 2022
If Granut is costly, buy cassava

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area by Think9ja(m): 2:37pm On Jul 15, 2022
kiss

This is all what you guys know how to do; COMPLAIN!

It doesn't bother you what people go through to produce that groundnut you see. You just want it to be cheap so that you can buy it and CHoP as much as you want. Typical Nigerian mentality; COnsumer!

For N100, that groundnut is very, very cheap. Come up north and see what people go through to farm that groundnut.

As long as government doesn't have any business with how it is produced, they shouldn't have any problem with how people set their price.

One thing I can promise you is, no matter who emerges as the president, the price of that groundnut will not come down. Prepare to buy it for N150 next year.

Since the Nigerian government and people have decided that farming should be the occupation of the poor people in the village, we'll continue to see worsening price hike.

And Hey! No worry yourself, your Obi won't do sh!t about the situation.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area by FreeStuffsNG: 2:37pm On Jul 15, 2022
Ground nut is not imported the last time I checked
Re: Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area by oz4real83(m): 2:38pm On Jul 15, 2022
The govt should stop printing N50, N20, N10 and N5 bills because apart from sachet water, there is nothing else you can buy with these bills. They should channel the money for such expenses into other things because it is a waste. "Naira and economy killer" should be added to the title of the president of Nigeria. embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area by SIMONEKPA7: 2:38pm On Jul 15, 2022
Buhari touch everything, Ogun,Allah, Jesu will keep punishing that dead vulture meat grillerr aka Dave. e no go better for you Mannabbq

14 Likes

Re: Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area by Amotekun777: 2:38pm On Jul 15, 2022
ClassicMan202:
This is really sad...

We should vote wisely, if not na corn and agbado we go chop on a daily

Ain't they the same thing?

1 Like

Re: Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area by Chukwudi4naija(m): 2:39pm On Jul 15, 2022
D
Re: Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area by nairalee(m): 2:39pm On Jul 15, 2022
Mind you, it's no longer ground nuts but Grand Nut

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area by iCauseTrouble: 2:39pm On Jul 15, 2022
Expect it to sell for more in the cassava candidate wins the election

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area by Oxala: 2:39pm On Jul 15, 2022
ElBenny:
I was craving bread & groundnut with Pepsi last night (it's good to east suffer man food sometimes though), so I went to the Kiosk close by.

I reside at Agip Estate, Mile 4, Port Harcourt.

Got the round bread for ₦170, I asked for groundnut and the old woman said, “My son, ₦50 groundnut no dey again oh. Na ₦100 I dey sell.”

I was absolutely shocked and lost for words. “This woman must be very greedy,” I said to myself. I declined and bought only the bread from her and visited the next Kiosk.

Got there, “Madam evening, ground nut dey .” I said.

“Yes but na ₦100,” she replied.

I said no word, left hurriedly, got home and was in agony.

I slept with a burdensome heart of sorrow; my heart wallowed in the deep of grief beyond the grasp of hope.

I woke up this morning, remembered the ordeal last night and shouted, “Jesus! What a life.” ��

Vote APC out

4 Likes

Re: Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area by eleko1: 2:40pm On Jul 15, 2022
sad good morning @ Op.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area by Mindlog: 2:40pm On Jul 15, 2022
Cultivation of it has reduced due to insecurity and also factor in fuel/diesel cost for the transportation.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area by Tigerbattery: 2:40pm On Jul 15, 2022
Groundnut have gone Gaga too.. please my people hope you have all gotten your pvc

5 Likes

Re: Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area by jubrilELsudan: 2:40pm On Jul 15, 2022
YOU DEY HERE DEY FORM BIG BOY NA IM YOU NO FIT PAY 100 FORAM

9 Likes

Re: Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area by sofiscatedmoron: 2:41pm On Jul 15, 2022
grin
Re: Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area by ThinkWISELY(m): 2:41pm On Jul 15, 2022
jubrilELsudan:
YOU DEY HERE DEY FORM BIG BOY NA IM YOU NO FIT PAY 100 FORAM

These cracked me up grin ,but even if he could afford it or a lot of people could,what about the fate of the lower average populace,mind you there's what is called value for money and these things are locally sourced o angry ,no be sey dem dey import am angry angry

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? / Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians / Lagos Residents Consume N4.5bn Food Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.