Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

What Most People Don't Now About The Trinity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Most People Don't Now About The Trinity (819 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / About The Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Most People Don't Now About The Trinity by 222Martins(m): 3:46pm On Jul 28, 2011
The word "trinity" is one that evokes different reactions among different religious bodies and you can never understand it without divine revelation. Now this is what you don't know about the trinity:

1.  The word "trinity" is not a biblical word. It was coined by man as a representation of three beings co-existing as one.

2.   God, Jesus and the holy spirit are three seperate entities; yet they are one. i will explain further.

3.    If you read the bible thoroughly, you will observe that God worked in the old testament while touting the coming of his son. Jesus Christ came in the new testament; accomplish his mission and announced the coming of the holy spirit. Note, they  each existed without the interference of the other.

4.   God, Jesus and Holy Spirit are one personality. Remember in the book of Genesis, when God said, let us make man in our own image. Now what is that image? That image is the trinity. That means man is also trinity just like God. Let me explain: Man is made up of the body, the spirit and the soul. Man is made up of three entities; yet, man is one.

5. The bible says that when a man dies, his body will return to dust. His spirit will go back to God and the soul will face judgment. Mind you that it's still the same man.

6. Even some religion like hinduism or hare krishna have perfected the act of projecting their spirit out of their body (astral projection). With such act, a man can be in his room while his spirit roam the street doing things and acting on behalf of the man.

7. So the end point is this: Jesus Christ and the holy spirit are simply a projection of God. God is a spirit being that can exist in three personalities just like man. Enough said.
Re: What Most People Don't Now About The Trinity by Sweetnecta: 11:56pm On Jul 28, 2011
enough garbage or garbage enough.

is a man without a body a living man? if your answer is yes, then know that the whole empty space around you is filled with men.

is a body without a soul a living man? if your answer is yes, go to mortuaries, all the persons in body bag will be living men.

which one must be out of the body of a man to consider him dead; soul or spirit? this is your problem. so answer it.

which one God breathed to Adam for him to be alive; Soul or Spirit? this is another problem for you since whatever God breathed into Adam was enough to make him a living man. There was just one thing and not two thing breathed into Adam. One thing.

A man is also human. One thing, two names. Soul is Spirit. One thing, two names.
Re: What Most People Don't Now About The Trinity by theosci: 4:47am On Feb 01, 2012
The logic of the trinity comes from many different sources in the Bible. Yes, it's true that the word trinity isn't in the Bible. However, there are many references to it based on it's original Hebrew and other parts of the Bible.

1. "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1 << There are many names for God in the Hebrew. The translation for God in this verse is Elohim, which is plural. That means that there would have to be more than one of God.

2. Also later in the chapter it says: "Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” Genesis 1:26. Notice that the words "us" and "our" are used. Since God didn't make angels in His image and we weren't made in the image of angels, rather in His image. We have to conclude that there had to be more than one of God in order for "us" or "our" to be used.

3. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made." John 1:1-3 << Now we know that "the Word" is Jesus based on the later description in John 1:14, "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." Now it not only says that the Word was with God (more than one), it says that the Word was God (one force united). If God was really one being, there wouldn't have been the need to mention that the Word was with God, but it's there. Meaning that Jesus (the Word) is apart of the Trinity that makes God (Elohim) which can be seen as three in one.

4. "Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know[a] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.” John 14:6-7 << Meaning that there has to be more than one. Jesus is our intercessor to God, making it impossible for there to be one of God.

5. "Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:18-20 << This may not say the trinity, but it definitely references it (the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit). Certainly referring to more than one.

Now the trinity is a difficult concept to understand because it is both three beings and one all at the same time. One way I can think to describe it is as a family. A family can be thought of as a singular unit. However, one person doesn't make up a family. It consists of the Father, Mother, and Child(ren). That is what God meant when He said "Lets make man in our image". The trinity represents God's intended plan for us. Each part of God represents his characteristics. God the Father being strong and powerful, God the Holy Spirit meaning loving and compassionate, and God the Son meaning our savior and first born to inherit the Kingdom of Heaven.

I can understand if there is a belief in Christianity that seems off because there isn't much Biblical proof. Yet, the trinity actually has quite a lot of evidence from the Bible to back it up.
Re: What Most People Don't Now About The Trinity by Lasinoh: 5:07am On Feb 01, 2012
We don hear!
*yawns*
These are the kinds of 'things' people sentenced to life without the possibility of parole read. . .to temper their 'insanity'!
I guess this is where the 'with hard labor' part comes in.
Death is better. cheesy

Phooooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Re: What Most People Don't Now About The Trinity by Enigma(m): 7:09am On Feb 01, 2012
The old thread in the following link also has plenty of information about the Trinity both in terms of evidence from the Bible and of how very early in Christian history the concept of God as Trinity had been recognised way before the Nicene Council that many ignorant people claim to have 'created' the Trinity idea.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-497445.0.html

cool

(1) (Reply)

Evangelicals Question The Existence Of Adam And Eve / Letter To My Follow Brothers And Sisters In Our Beautiful State Jos / Speaking In Tongues: The Rules, The Truth!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.