Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,500 members, 7,830,507 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Fish Farmers Lose N500m Investment To Flood In Ogun - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Fish Farmers Lose N500m Investment To Flood In Ogun (37297 Views)

For Catfish Fish Farmers / Fish Farmers School / Profit Oriented Fish Farmers This Is For You! Affordable Extruder Machine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fish Farmers Lose N500m Investment To Flood In Ogun by yomzy123(m): 9:01pm On Jul 15, 2022
Are you ok ?
What Tinubu business with flood on highway...who be ur supplier for loud ?

quote author=ChiefAfonja post=114767518]Tinubu should be rejected at all given time.

A drug addict, drug lord is not permitted to be president of this country.

He has failed [/quote]
Re: Fish Farmers Lose N500m Investment To Flood In Ogun by wittywriter: 9:01pm On Jul 15, 2022
Johnrake69:
Sad. Hopefully they have insurance.

Don't venture into any business in Nigeria without thinking of insurance.

I can't even drive my car without comprehensive insurance. Life here is hard try as much as possible to protect what you have. There's no safety net in Nigeria.

My friend had an accident with my car luckily I had comprehensive insurance. I spent 300K to fix the car. The insurance company paid me 245K while the premium I paid was 105K for one year coverage.

It's part of financial intelligence we must imbibe to help us grow economically.

If you have a family as a man take life assurance policy. If anything happens to you your family doesn't have to depend on the benevolence of your family members or your friends to pay school fees and other bills. Take charge of your finances.

Please what's the Insurance firm you keyed into.

@wittyness
Re: Fish Farmers Lose N500m Investment To Flood In Ogun by Gbadespet(m): 9:02pm On Jul 15, 2022
ChiefAfonja:
Tinubu should be rejected at all given time.

He has failed

Anything wey make Tinubu win the fourth coming election you must hang your self openly coz I don't know how this topic relate to Tinubu.......
Online wailer ,I doubt if you even have PVC

1 Like

Re: Fish Farmers Lose N500m Investment To Flood In Ogun by Sleekfingers: 9:02pm On Jul 15, 2022
Revolution2022:
Does insurance really work in Nigeria?

Yes, it works.......
Re: Fish Farmers Lose N500m Investment To Flood In Ogun by aaking(m): 9:03pm On Jul 15, 2022
Some of these fishes were cut by ilaje people in my area in mile12/owode.ay the Lord console and have compassion on them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fish Farmers Lose N500m Investment To Flood In Ogun by Sleekfingers: 9:03pm On Jul 15, 2022
PheelzAlmighty:
Who do we blame now

Na Tinubu,. The way our confused blothers dey always blame tinubu for their stupidities

1 Like

Re: Fish Farmers Lose N500m Investment To Flood In Ogun by budaatum: 9:04pm On Jul 15, 2022
abobote:
It's a pity.
Government should come to their aid

Are you a fish farmer? Do you pay tax?

Why should government spend your tax money aiding incompetent fish farmers instead of say, paying teachers or doctors or 5 months salary and pensions?

https://thewillnigeria.com/news/ogun-workers-embark-on-indefinite-strike-over-unpaid-salaries-pensions/

Re: Fish Farmers Lose N500m Investment To Flood In Ogun by Abrahamperkins22: 9:05pm On Jul 15, 2022
Your own madness is from another planet
Deluded Nigerian
Re: Fish Farmers Lose N500m Investment To Flood In Ogun by maasoap(m): 9:14pm On Jul 15, 2022
N500 million! People would just be mentioning exaggerated amount of money once they suffered loss or damages. Why?
Sorry for your loss though.
Re: Fish Farmers Lose N500m Investment To Flood In Ogun by budaatum: 9:15pm On Jul 15, 2022
Hoelujohn:

After selling the fish they can can just claim that flood has swept away all their fish

You saying the insurance taker might be the scammer, lol.

See jollos, why things don't work? After all. It's not as if we don't all know that whatever the state may be in Nigeria has come out of the abundance of our own hearts.

Now, are you one of those expecting Martians to come from Mars to make things work in Nigeria or have you become one of those who would Obidiently labour to make things work in Nigeria?

That, jollos, is the question to be answered with PVCs.

Jollos:

Nothing is working in this country.
A friend collected loan to expand his pig farm. He was mandated to insure by CBN. ASF enter his farm and all pig died.
Till today insurance never get back after providing all what they ask for.

It's a shame. All man for himself in this country

So, you saying you have a legitimate case? So be a man for himself in this country and get a lawyer and sue them!
Re: Fish Farmers Lose N500m Investment To Flood In Ogun by chigoizie7(m): 9:16pm On Jul 15, 2022
As long as all the fishes didn’t go with flooding, and they are no longer fingerlings, convert it to smoked fish
Re: Fish Farmers Lose N500m Investment To Flood In Ogun by naija4life247: 9:18pm On Jul 15, 2022
ChiefAfonja:
Tinubu should be rejected at all given time.

He has failed

So Tinubu is the one that caused flood in Ogun State.

Mental Health should be taken serious. This poster is definitely suffering from psychiatric disorders, mental imbalance and chronic hallucinations.

If you say Tinubu is a drug lord, your brothers that are in prisons all over the world for drugs trafficking nko? What are they? Drug gods?

2 Likes

Re: Fish Farmers Lose N500m Investment To Flood In Ogun by naija4life247: 9:22pm On Jul 15, 2022
budaatum:

Are you a fish farmer? Do you pay tax?

Why should government spend your tax money aiding incompetent fish farmers instead of say, paying teachers or doctors or 5 months salary and pensions?

https://thewillnigeria.com/news/ogun-workers-embark-on-indefinite-strike-over-unpaid-salaries-pensions/

This one is a lazy youth. If farmers no dey, na only pusssy you go dey eat? If you never chop food, you go get power to chop pusssy? God punish lazy youth
Re: Fish Farmers Lose N500m Investment To Flood In Ogun by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 15, 2022
Person go just wake up him no chop last night and fish dey im front Say Thank God o… God of equality. But they deserve compensation sha make e go round sha
Re: Fish Farmers Lose N500m Investment To Flood In Ogun by aribisala0(m): 9:26pm On Jul 15, 2022
inna lilahi waina allah rajiun
Re: Fish Farmers Lose N500m Investment To Flood In Ogun by Orpe7(m): 9:40pm On Jul 15, 2022
budaatum:

There are reputable insurance companies in Nigeria. Do your research before signing up.

Tangerine Insurance is one
Go verify

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fish Farmers Lose N500m Investment To Flood In Ogun by mfm04622: 9:48pm On Jul 15, 2022
Revolution2022:
Does insurance really work in Nigeria?

Yes! It does!!!
Re: Fish Farmers Lose N500m Investment To Flood In Ogun by Inali: 9:49pm On Jul 15, 2022
Chai.. so heartbreaking. We always suffer from this issue year in year out. Well, when I win my 20M from the Next Titan TV show I will make sure my ideas aren't gonna be affected by all these kinds of trivial issues

Re: Fish Farmers Lose N500m Investment To Flood In Ogun by clothingonline(m): 9:53pm On Jul 15, 2022
Fish oooo I like fish oooooo
Re: Fish Farmers Lose N500m Investment To Flood In Ogun by Lanreogunnowo: 9:55pm On Jul 15, 2022
It’s so so pathetic
I remembered my horrible experiences with my cucumber farm at Ibadan and my crop farm at Ogun State in 2019 and 2020 back to back.
It was flooding in 2019 and it was heardsmen in 2020.
After those two horrible experiences back to back and loosing some few Buicks
I JAPA to Farming
At least for now
Re: Fish Farmers Lose N500m Investment To Flood In Ogun by jaxxy(m): 9:55pm On Jul 15, 2022
Hope they get needed help.
Re: Fish Farmers Lose N500m Investment To Flood In Ogun by everythinggirly(f): 10:05pm On Jul 15, 2022
So sad, the government should come to their aid.
Re: Fish Farmers Lose N500m Investment To Flood In Ogun by Globad(f): 10:11pm On Jul 15, 2022
budaatum:

Can someone please teach these people about insurance instead of them expecting government bailouts!

Good point. Hope ignorant people won't start to attack you
Re: Fish Farmers Lose N500m Investment To Flood In Ogun by thatigboman1: 10:23pm On Jul 15, 2022
IboHausaYoruba:
I promise you that Obi will make sure food is surplus in the country, good road, rail and resuscitation of Nigeria Airways. Nigeria will grow to be the best economy destination in Africa thereby taking back the mantra Giant of Africa. 3Million per month for all professor if we can support him. That's why they have started having sleepless night because of Obi and Obidient people. You think it's a child play for Afenifere to declare for Obi, you think it's a child play for Simon Ekpa to stop sit at home and become Obidient, you think Mazi Nnamdi Kanu didn't see the future to have commanded all Nigerian youths for Obi. At the mention of LP, other parties become jittery. Enough is enough, all old cargos and drug barons must retire from politics by fire by force.
@ bolded, u are obviously referring to the iragbiji born drug mafia #EscoBAT
Re: Fish Farmers Lose N500m Investment To Flood In Ogun by DEBJOCH1(m): 10:26pm On Jul 15, 2022
budaatum:

Can someone please teach these people about insurance instead of them expecting government bailouts!
. A typical Nigerian, expecially those in Ijebu land don't believe in insurance. I won't forget early 2009 when I worked in insurance for just four months, I mean just 4 months working there, no body advised me to go and look for a better thing and do. Apart from savings policy in the insurance company, telling a typical Nigerian street hustlers to come a puck a life cover, or insurance his business is a total waste of time, what you will hear is God forbid my life is covered with the blood of Jesus, or shey you get plan to come kill me of distroy my business?, Holy ghost......
. Faya,or you hear, Insurance is Haram, meaning you don't know God, you want to undermine God by insuring your life, your property, protection comes from Allah. Kia I Waka that year, even my shoes testified say e see Waka Waka.
Re: Fish Farmers Lose N500m Investment To Flood In Ogun by DEBJOCH1(m): 10:28pm On Jul 15, 2022
budaatum:

. A typical Nigerian, expecially those in Ijebu land don't believe in insurance. I won't forget early 2009 when I worked in insurance company for just four months, I mean just 4 months working there, no body advised me to go and look for a better thing and do. Apart from savings policy in the insurance company, telling a typical Nigerian street hustlers to come a pick a life cover, or insure his business is a total waste of time, what you will hear is, God forbid my life is covered with the blood of Jesus, or shey you get plan to come kill me of distroy my business?, Holy ghost......
. Faya,or you hear, Insurance is Haram, meaning you don't know God, you want to undermine God by insuring your life, your property, protection comes from Allah. Kia I Waka that year, even my shoes testified say e see Waka Waka.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fish Farmers Lose N500m Investment To Flood In Ogun by sslcrypt: 10:29pm On Jul 15, 2022
budaatum:

Insurance providers don't cover livestock and fisheries
Re: Fish Farmers Lose N500m Investment To Flood In Ogun by darediamond(m): 10:34pm On Jul 15, 2022
Meajor:
I know there is a day all my friends will go away so I party away.... Na because of issues like be why them teach us of insurance for school and one idiooot go come dey say school na scam
At some series of Levels Bro, School is a SCAM!!
Re: Fish Farmers Lose N500m Investment To Flood In Ogun by OJURONGBE1(m): 10:41pm On Jul 15, 2022
This has been going on since 2016, and it is such a sad situation.
Re: Fish Farmers Lose N500m Investment To Flood In Ogun by staga: 10:45pm On Jul 15, 2022
sslcrypt:

Insurance providers don't cover livestock and fisheries

IGI does. Also, there is Nigerian Agric Insurance Corporation. NEM Insurance also does. NIRSAL and Royal Exchange General Insurance also have a collaborative agric insurance product called Hybrid Multi-Peril Crop Indemnity-Index Insurance (HM-II).

In fact, NEM has a specialized policy for fish famers. Many of you just type rubbish about things you don't know.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Became A Fulani Herdsman For A Day|Their Lifestyle (Video) / The Forgotten Groundnut Pyramids Of Northern Nigeria (Photos) / Start The New Planting Season With Our Cheap And Genuine Farmland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.