Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,142 members, 7,829,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car (96347 Views)

I Have Finally Bought My First Car / I Went To Driving School Today And I'm Really Giving Up. / A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Thank you. I wish you best
I live in PHC an environment cleaner than Lekki.

Stop saying this thing.
Lekki na your mate
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by uchwar1: 8:56pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Where are those who said I will be scammed?

Though I have spent close to N4.1m in this journey.
is this Corolla that costly? 9ja my country. I bought this car 1.45m in 2014. May God help 9ja

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by yesloaded: 8:56pm On Jul 17, 2022
seniorgozman:
You did 170kph with this car and you are still alive? A car that the maximum speed is 180kph, op easy with your lies

He can't do 170kph on that car

Corolla that the moment you approach 140kph, car will be like e wan fly grin

Btw, I congratulate him on his success and trip

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by chiefkpokp(m): 8:56pm On Jul 17, 2022
The op non just wise, buy corolla that corolla 4.1m everything? U too. Fuckup, normally u supposed collect Sha.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by ashewoboy(m): 8:57pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
FEEDING
Food are cheaper in Lagos compare to Port Harcourt though they are notyou neatly prepared.

I remember how I was tired of junks then I told myself let me move to the locals and buy good food to eat.

Getting there I discovered that food were cheap. You can eat rice for N100.

I went to mama-put told her to put N300 rice for me which she did. When it was time to put meat, she put her bare hand inside a container and brought out pieces of meats and put in the rice. I was shocked.

I told her I was not interested in the food again.

Paid her and left. (People were lining up to get food from her).

I went to another stand. Her food was under an umbrella because it was raining.
When she opened the pot to bring out food, rain water from the umbrella was dripping inside the pot.

I left the place went to bed without food.

In Lagos food is cheap but poorly prepared.

I didn't buy the car for N4.1m

I said the cost of everything including feeding, hotels, settlement

This op is not hungry: D.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by kraftysprouts: 8:57pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
I NEED TIPS ON HOW TO MAINTAIN THE CAR.

Please Corolla users give me TIPS. The dos and donts of the car.

I have finally arrived PH with the car I went to Lagos to buy.

TheI car and I are in good shape.
Though I'm just recovering from body pains.

This is my first time driving a car that long.

Congratulations
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by RPG2020(m): 8:57pm On Jul 17, 2022
Where you see the money? Before anything hope is not what I'm thinking shocked

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by tobore4u(m): 8:58pm On Jul 17, 2022
tobore4u:
congrat for your new ride.

You suppose buy drink for guys o..

How u see am? My post account details make me sef follow celebrate grin
cc

Abelabdul
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Kvvngkhalifa202(m): 8:58pm On Jul 17, 2022
But Op Corolla s for Warri nah 3.5
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by beejay85: 8:58pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
It was a sweetbitter experience
Wow...I keenly followed ur thread since last week...
I congratulate you while also feeling sorry for the not too good experience in Lagos..
I pray the next time you visit Lagos ( soonest) na 2017 model up you will come to buy..
Enjoy ur ride and stay safe Bro!!
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Rubbiish(m): 8:58pm On Jul 17, 2022
iykofias:
are girls the reason you want to own a car?
The thing tire me lol
So many kids here

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Kooldame: 8:58pm On Jul 17, 2022
Congratulations Op,hope to get mine one day,what a man can do a woman can do better
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 8:59pm On Jul 17, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

Wow! My friend Ibrahim lived all his life in PH, he’s from Katsina State; won’t you call Ibrahim a PH boy? I’m really amazed at your question but it’s all good
Don't mind him. So because I live in PH i should answer Wike. He should ask Emeka Ike why his name is Emeka Ike yet he lives in South Africa

11 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by KingAzubuike(f): 8:59pm On Jul 17, 2022
Bravetunde:
With 4 million naira I believe you can get a neatly used es 350 in ph and instantly girls will be tripping for you.
These car you bought is now even used as taxi and the clean once as bolt.
In my opinion u should have bought a Lexus even is 250 will give you so much respect.
But what do I know shall.
True. Corrolla don lose respect. He should have gone for a 2009 es350. That one still get respect small.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Zane2point4(m): 8:59pm On Jul 17, 2022
mactoni91:
4.1m for Toyota Corolla...

Omo!.. People get mind.

That money would have given you a Very Neat, high performance V8 Volvo x90 SUV

I stopped reading when i saw the price mehn

That amt could hv gotten u a 2010 toyota camry xle 4plugs that saves almost the same amt of fuel he so wished for,and still ppl will recognize the car anywhwere he pulls in!
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 9:00pm On Jul 17, 2022
fxdee:
you mean a whole dealer in Lagos waiting for ordinary alert to sell a car?.. Why could nt he log in to his mobile app to check his statement of account?..
His bank held the money. He checked his statement of acct. He wasn't the only one with the issue.

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by spencekat(m): 9:01pm On Jul 17, 2022
Congrats!I enjoyed reading your stories.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Oluvisual: 9:01pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
FINALLY SAW A CAR I WANTED TO BUY
Where I went to buy the car was a warehouse that contains a lot of cars. What port harcourt doesn't have.

I checked the car, it was ok to my taste. Told the dealer I was going with the vehicle that same day.

I made transfer while waiting for the dealer to get alert I have already started the registration of the car.

I was advised to register it so police would not disturb me on the road.

After registration of the vehicle it took more than 24hrs for the dealer to receive alert. In fact the dealer and I went to his bank and my bank to complain.

Finally the alert entered the following day at about 2pm. That was when the dealer issued me receipt for the car.

The car dealer and his brother were very cool and understandable

The Car dealer and his brother are not nice, this is Lagos... They will give you in return what you offer, if you bring madness you will get double... Nobody does business of millions is a nice man in Lagos
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Shiko77: 9:01pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
WHAT I DISCOVERED ABOUT ONLINE GOODS.
Most GOODS you see online, their price tags are not the real prices of those goods.

Sellers put lower prices to lure buyers to their shops.

The prices of that TOYOTA Corolla cars I saw on jiji were different when I went to meet the sellers.

They put N3m on jiji while the actual price is N3.8m
Most guys on jiji do not own cars. they are pure agents. They will go to car stands snap pictures and upload online with very low prices.
Pure truth. At least tell people the actual price, just like Abdul psychologically you would be ready to pick any car and just go home cos you would be tired. And leaving without the car makes your trip worthless.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 9:01pm On Jul 17, 2022
360command:
with Google map, you can drive from Lagos to Porthacourt. Why ask drivers or police for directions?
And you don't use network to use Google map?

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by BeanmanX(m): 9:01pm On Jul 17, 2022
U try no be small,,,, congrats

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Okarakwu: 9:02pm On Jul 17, 2022
All the expenses are part of the final cost of purchasing the car
AbelAbdul:
I didnt buy it for that amount.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Chrisviboy85(m): 9:02pm On Jul 17, 2022
Op you have never been to Lagos, what you did was just sight seeing and not visiting Lagos state… I was born in Lagos and I live there and also spent like three years in Phc.. Lagos is far better than Phc in terms of your comparison of beauty, you didn’t go inside Lekki penuinsala or Vgc or Banana island or Osborne estate and so on and so on.. Try and visit all these places and many more before comparing the two states..

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by jossydude(m): 9:02pm On Jul 17, 2022
Kudos distinguished. U 1 brave comrade. U got urself a superb ride. Weldone bro. I dey come PH because of u. I must chop una fish.
AbelAbdul:
DAY 1: SEARCHING FOR TOYOTA COROLLA IN AJAH

I woke up from the hotel bed at some minutes past 5am. I was raining.
Then I created a thread asking for a good car dealer in Ajah. Thanks to some of you with your responses.

I was still in the hotel till past 3pm the rain refuses to stop. I told myself if I wait one more minute this day will go.

My plan was to buy a car that day and go back the following day.

So I began searching for the car in that rain.
I only saw it in few car stands and the prices were same with Port Harcourt price. I was shocked.

I boarded a bus to Lekki. I arrived Lekki at night so I slept in Lekki.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 9:03pm On Jul 17, 2022
Greenscientist:

The same PH that was in the news for intense Air Pollution?

I've not been to PH but I'm very sure Lagos is mile ahead of PH.
Ever heard flood carried a car in PH?

6 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by stagger: 9:03pm On Jul 17, 2022
formerUKSF:

Stop saying this thing.
Lekki na your mate

Lekki is stinky. I can never live there. I am PH born and bred and have also lived in Lagos too.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by kayceekay: 9:03pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Where are those who said I will be scammed?

Though I have spent close to N4.1m in this journey.
What year is the corolla 2004, 2005 or 2006 and is it CE or LE?
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by dxdiag(m): 9:03pm On Jul 17, 2022
Congrats man I love your zeal and never give up spirit.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by jrusky(m): 9:04pm On Jul 17, 2022
Seun can you just stop this guy now because just to come to Lagos to buy a car almost 20 pages of text book already written.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 9:04pm On Jul 17, 2022
jaxxy:

Are u talking about Corolla 2005 or Corolla 2009?

Cos 2005/06 can't be more that 3m or 3.3m max

The prices ure mentioning are absurd. undecided

Tho duty payment increased the prices since 2months back cos they are now considered below required year to enter the country.
Go and price corolla 2005 to 2008 again and tell me the price. Go to car stand not online.

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by heendrix(m): 9:05pm On Jul 17, 2022
seniorgozman:
You did 170kph with this car and you are still alive? A car that the maximum speed is 180kph, op easy with your lies

Nigga that car is with ah 1.8 engine so that 170km/hr he sped with might just be 140kph on a 3.5engine like the Lexus es350

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

David Baka Designs Logo For Innoson Vehicles, Nigerians React / I Am Considering DIY Car Painting, What Do You Think? / Ford Cars Quite Explicit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.