Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,284 members, 7,815,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? (13780 Views)

Do Born Again Christians Need Deliverance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by cutecommend: 8:22am On Jul 17, 2022
When a married Christian falls into adultery with a woman or a man, does he or she need to confess such to his or her spouse, or is repentance enough?

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:26am On Jul 17, 2022
cutecommend:
When a married Christian falls into adultery with a woman or a man, does he or she need to confess such to his or her spouse, or is repentance enough?

Hey! You should not have fallen, now, o what a woe.

Yes! Like the thief on the cross and David, Confession and Truth and Suffering, is The Only Way you can begin to return to your former place.

Which is why I said, "you should not have fallen" because it is a very very very great fall and the journey to return, is very very very very very very very hard.

Adultery is one of the fastest and sweetest killers of God's Children which is why Satan and the world is big on it and guaranteeing that people should do it, saying "nothing dey happen" and praising "you be sharp man and correct babe"

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:38am On Jul 17, 2022
For the children of God who have not yet fallen, Proverbs 3- 9 is your best friend.

All and every woman other than your wife is your death.

There is no short cut or escape or sharp guy about it.

No one has fallien into adultery and escaped it. No, not even the wisest man, David.

And you see, he almost did not make it. And you see how VERY HARD AND THE SUFFERING HE WENT THROUGH TO MAKE IT

If not that he was in deed the wisest man, you see he would not even made it

So that tells you how terrible that way is.

DON'T ENTER IT AT ALL.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by Lighthouse50: 8:45am On Jul 17, 2022
Repentance is not enough. Repentance means you have changed your heart or realized what bad youve done. this alone may be for short duration and the person goes back when greater temptation arise. Repentance without RESTITUTION Is fake. You need to restitute with your spouce and the fornicator.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:45am On Jul 17, 2022
And for you my brothers (mostly) in the The Lord, it is the women who set you up and make you fall but you think it is you.

But no, it is not you.

Check it out, you were on your own, doing your usual business that you do everyday until Satan in the form of a woman, came.

And suddenly, the environment (spirit) has changed, even yourself is changing as you say "you find yourself thinking and wanting and desiring to have her aka "falling for her".

Bros, you are indeed falling as you see even everyone tells you.

And you see, you are the only one she attacks but because of your like of enjoying being special, you did not see this.

Brother, Satan has come for you. But you can beat him and kill her if you knew. That is what God knows which is why he allowed this temptation exactly like Job, which is why you become God's enemy when you fail.

Brother, it is a Promotional Exam and definitely God has boasted with you which is why you do not normally have this type of temptation but they will come and must come at different times in all your life till you sleep!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by dnor: 8:48am On Jul 17, 2022
Nothing to confess. I can never sleep with any other woman outside my marriage. If my partner does it, marriage is over. Shikena

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by SenatePresdo(m): 8:48am On Jul 17, 2022
I would pray to God to forgive my sins, as I forgave those who trespassed against me.

That's all

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by omowolewa: 8:49am On Jul 17, 2022
Yes, nothing should be kept secret.

But if it's a man, he should prepare his will.

For a woman, she should inform her Haulage Company first.

Teymanhenry:
Tell your wife you committed adultery and watch her become a LovePeddler... 80%

So what happened with Aisha must end with Aisha.

6 Likes

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by adaxme(m): 8:49am On Jul 17, 2022
that's the real confession

2 Likes

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by humberjade: 8:50am On Jul 17, 2022
Trust is like an egg in a relationship, once it is dropped, if it doesn't shatter, it is left with cracks.

It is better you confess to your God, ask Him for forgiveness and make sure you remain loyal to your partner afterwards. Tell him or her, and your relationship might never remain the same again. Any innocent lateness or action relating to adultery would be viewed as such by the said partner.

My opinion though.

Just stumbled on this few minutes ago. A vivid example of what to expect after opening up

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/boyfriend-cheating-relationship-reddit-b2124350.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1657999432

36 Likes

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by Ignatiusprince(m): 8:50am On Jul 17, 2022
Funny..
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by dalongjnr: 8:50am On Jul 17, 2022
You go scatter your home be that.

7 Likes

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by africanpride1: 8:50am On Jul 17, 2022
So there is no more meaningful Christian threads to move to front page except this Controversial ones?

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by Mindlog: 8:50am On Jul 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
And for you my brothers (mostly) in the The Lord, it is the women who set you up and make you fall but you think it is you.

But no, it is not you.

Check it out, you were on your own, doing your usual business that you do everyday until she came

Continue with the excuse, did the women rape them?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by Siggysaga: 8:50am On Jul 17, 2022
B4 nko.
*sips agbado

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by englishmart(m): 8:50am On Jul 17, 2022
Only the wives should confess. They are the ones that cheat all the time. Most men respect their marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by Built2last: 8:51am On Jul 17, 2022
Repentance alone can keep you in secret sin.

Confessing to partner will keep you in check to some extent knowing that you might not be forgiven again

3 Likes

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by chivic(m): 8:51am On Jul 17, 2022
It depends on your marriage.Some did and nothing bad happen,instead it fostered love among them.But another may attempt it and marriage will end immediately or it will come up some other day and crash the marriage.There is no standard to this kind of thing .

3 Likes

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by njikoka(m): 8:51am On Jul 17, 2022
Christians should not commit adultery in the first place sad sad sad

3 Likes

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by Pimine: 8:52am On Jul 17, 2022
SenatePresdo:
I would pray to God to forgive my sins, as I forgave those who trespassed against me.

That's all
But you didn't just sin against God, you also sinned against your partner.

3 Likes

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by uncleck: 8:52am On Jul 17, 2022
Too many babies these days!!!

There are some secrets that should definitely go to the grave with you, adultery for the women is one of them.

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by jmoore(m): 8:53am On Jul 17, 2022
Question: "Do I have to confess my adultery to my spouse?"

Answer: Whether or not to confess the sin of adultery to one's spouse is a dilemma for many Christians who have had the unfortunate experience of the sin of adultery. Worldly "experts" usually encourage adulterers to keep their mouths shut about their infidelities, proclaiming worse damage will be done by confessing.

The problem with this is that it stifles one's conscience
and doesn't allow for the restoration of relationships that confession is intended to encompass. James 5:16 says, "Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed."
The apostle Paul wisely stated, "So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man" (Acts 24:16). Although adultery is a sin against God, first and
foremost, the Bible also says that our bodies do not belong to ourselves, but also to the one we are married to (1 Corinthians 7:4). The physical act of sex is the symbol of the way a married couple becomes one flesh when God joins them together in marriage (1 Corinthians 6:15-16). For these reasons, a person who has committed adultery should pray and allow the Holy Spirit to lead him or her, confessing the infidelity at the appropriate time.

A guilty conscience will not go away simply by trying
to ignore it. It may, in fact, lead to psychological and
even physical problems. As difficult as it would be for
anyone to tell their husband or wife that they have
been unfaithful, it is necessary not only for the
integrity of the marriage, but also for the relationship
between the person and God, so that their conscience
may be clear and they will be able to live a holy and
blameless life.

Source>> https://www.gotquestions.org/confess-
adultery.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by Romanoff(f): 8:54am On Jul 17, 2022
The sun is against God and your partner.

The sun should be confessed and forgiveness sought from the offended partner.

So if una wife cheat, make she just make up with God and act like it never happened?
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by Slurity(m): 8:55am On Jul 17, 2022
GOD'S WISDOM IS NEEDED AT THAT POINT ON HOW TO GO ABOUT. ELSE, EITHER WAY YOU CHOOSE MAY BE BRUTAL
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by AziDach1985(m): 8:56am On Jul 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Hey! You should not have fallen, now, o what a woe.

Yes! Like the thief on the cross and David, Confession and Truth and Suffering, is The Only Way you can begin to return to your former place.

Which is why I said, "you should not have fallen" because it is a very very very great fall and the journey to return, is very very very very very very very hard.

Adultery is one of the fastest and sweetest killers of God's Children which is why Satan and the world is big on it and guaranteeing that people should do it, saying "nothing dey happen" and praising "you be sharp man and correct babe"

Hmm... Even if your partner is a type that will keep making reference to your confession once he/she suspects you?

2 Likes

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by kwasoly(m): 8:56am On Jul 17, 2022
cutecommend:

Why will u even fall into adultery?
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by humberjade: 8:56am On Jul 17, 2022
njikoka:
Christians should not commit adultery in the first place sad sad sad

It is better said than done, nobody has immunity against sins. Note, all kinds of sins, especially in the ten commandments are the same in the presence of God, no small or big sins before Him. And very few people can boost of being perfect in each category.

5 Likes

Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by 9izone(f): 8:58am On Jul 17, 2022
Yes confess at your best time
Re: Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 17, 2022
You have to catch me grin

Even Rev Sisters are not safe from me. grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) / The Haunted House / Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.