Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,204 members, 7,845,984 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Shocking��reasons Why 95.6% Of People Fail To Learn To Code? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Shocking��reasons Why 95.6% Of People Fail To Learn To Code? (248 Views)

First Thing First, Learn To Program! / Hot!!! How To Learn To Code Using Your Android Device / Teach Yourself To Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking��reasons Why 95.6% Of People Fail To Learn To Code? by EfevwiaEfemena(m): 7:31am On Jul 18, 2022
Most people quit immediately something gets difficult and it’s a shame because the world needs programmers, it such a skill so many companies need and yet people don’t put in the work.
As a software engineer once you have a couple of years of experience, it becomes easier for you getting into other companies, but sadly most people don’t ever get to this point.

�FIRSTLY: People just focus on the wrong things, for example they get confused on the language they need to learn first, instead of choosing any language and learn its syntax and concepts properly.

�SECONDLY: They try to be faster than themselves, by going too advanced very quickly, when they are yet to know how to code.
NOTE: it’s best to focus on the broad content first and then dive into the details later.

�THIRDLY: They always start with the wrong mindset, there is an old saying which says” ALL THINGS EXCELLENT ARE AS DIFFICULT AS THEY ARE RARE”. There is no perfect course out there on YOUTUBE or from any individual, you just need to put in the work by picking a single course, following it thoroughly and consistently OVER A LONG PERIOD OF TIME, although there is value in knowing what you doing and being at the right path but knowledge is never lost.
NOTE: TIME IS OF GREAT IMPORTANCE TO ANY SOFTWARE ENGINEER. In fact this distinct you from a newbie to a professional.

�FOURTHLY: Coding is all about googling but most newbie try to cram codes to impress their friends but this is WRONG cause there are billions of codes out there “HOW DO YOU WANT TO CRAM THEM ALL?” You simply can’t, this is the reason why you learn just the concepts and while coding, you “GOOGLE” and another reason why you Google, is any problem you encounter, someone else have encountered it before, solved and posted it on Google. So in essence Google helps with “TIME MANAGEMENT”
NOTE: Even Senior Software Engineers will tell you coding is all about knowing how to Google.in fact this distinct a junior software engineer from a senior software engineer.

�LASTLY: Not learning to learn, I don’t know of you but if one don’t know how to learn, you can’t learn anything in life be it coding or not, This is because the moment you know how to learn, it becomes easier to learn anything be it public speaking, learning a new language, singing, it’s all about the concept, which you must be disciplined with.

I HOPE I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO CHANGE YOUR MINDSET, ESPECIALLY IF YOU WERE PLANNING TO QUIT, SO PLEASE DON’T BECAUSE YOUR REWARD IS JUST A STEP AWAY. IF YOU ENJOYED THIS PLEASE LIKE AND FOLOW MY FACEBOOK PAGE WEBBIKON TECHNOLOGIES OR WHATSAPP 08100850777 FOR BUSINESS DEALS AND COMMENT TOO BECAUSE I’M ALL EARS. THANK YOU.

1 Like

Re: Shocking��reasons Why 95.6% Of People Fail To Learn To Code? by slimjohn2k5: 7:58am On Jul 18, 2022
You are a good coach
I will need your help because I dey fear coding and don't know where to start from. Though thinking of uiux
Re: Shocking��reasons Why 95.6% Of People Fail To Learn To Code? by Sheriman(m): 2:23pm On Jul 18, 2022
Are you sure the world really needs programmers
Re: Shocking��reasons Why 95.6% Of People Fail To Learn To Code? by jesmond3945: 8:47pm On Jul 18, 2022
Sheriman:
Are you sure the world really needs programmers
without google map, without netflix, without youtube how you think say the world for b

1 Like

Re: Shocking��reasons Why 95.6% Of People Fail To Learn To Code? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 18, 2022
EfevwiaEfemena:

Most people quit immediately something gets difficult and it’s a shame because the world needs programmers, it such a skill so many companies need and yet people don’t put in the work.
As a software engineer once you have a couple of years of experience, it becomes easier for you getting into other companies, but sadly most people don’t ever get to this point.

�FIRSTLY: People just focus on the wrong things, for example they get confused on the language they need to learn first, instead of choosing any language and learn its syntax and concepts properly.

�SECONDLY: They try to be faster than themselves, by going too advanced very quickly, when they are yet to know how to code.
NOTE: it’s best to focus on the broad content first and then dive into the details later.

�THIRDLY: They always start with the wrong mindset, there is an old saying which says” ALL THINGS EXCELLENT ARE AS DIFFICULT AS THEY ARE RARE”. There is no perfect course out there on YOUTUBE or from any individual, you just need to put in the work by picking a single course, following it thoroughly and consistently OVER A LONG PERIOD OF TIME, although there is value in knowing what you doing and being at the right path but knowledge is never lost.
NOTE: TIME IS OF GREAT IMPORTANCE TO ANY SOFTWARE ENGINEER. In fact this distinct you from a newbie to a professional.

�FOURTHLY: Coding is all about googling but most newbie try to cram codes to impress their friends but this is WRONG cause there are billions of codes out there “HOW DO YOU WANT TO CRAM THEM ALL?” You simply can’t, this is the reason why you learn just the concepts and while coding, you “GOOGLE” and another reason why you Google, is any problem you encounter, someone else have encountered it before, solved and posted it on Google. So in essence Google helps with “TIME MANAGEMENT”
NOTE: Even Senior Software Engineers will tell you coding is all about knowing how to Google.in fact this distinct a junior software engineer from a senior software engineer.

�LASTLY: Not learning to learn, I don’t know of you but if one don’t know how to learn, you can’t learn anything in life be it coding or not, This is because the moment you know how to learn, it becomes easier to learn anything be it public speaking, learning a new language, singing, it’s all about the concept, which you must be disciplined with.

I HOPE I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO CHANGE YOUR MINDSET, ESPECIALLY IF YOU WERE PLANNING TO QUIT, SO PLEASE DON’T BECAUSE YOUR REWARD IS JUST A STEP AWAY. IF YOU ENJOYED THIS PLEASE LIKE AND FOLOW MY FACEBOOK PAGE WEBBIKON TECHNOLOGIES OR WHATSAPP 08100850777 FOR BUSINESS DEALS AND COMMENT TOO BECAUSE I’M ALL EARS. THANK YOU.

Spot on 100%

(1) (Reply)

Deep Dive Into Variables Series / React Devs Come In Urgently / Financial Investors Can You Come In ASAP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.