Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,763 members, 7,851,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:20 AM

Is There A Diffrence Between Being An Introvert And Being Shy?��� - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Is There A Diffrence Between Being An Introvert And Being Shy?��� (342 Views)

Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) / Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year One (By Kayode Odusanya) / Life Of A Shy Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is There A Diffrence Between Being An Introvert And Being Shy?��� by EfevwiaEfemena(m): 2:29pm On Jul 18, 2022
First of all I would like to say there is nothing like a pure introvert or a pure extrovert. This is because every human is a complex individual and there are so many kinds of introverts and extroverts, which I would explain some below.
Introverts are not necessarily shy in fact SHYNESS is the fear of social disapproval or humiliation while INTROVERSION is the preference for environment that are not over stimulating. SHYNESS is inherently painful but INTROVERSION is not.
NOTE: Finland is well known to be an introverted country due to its citizen’s value their private space and culture but this doesn’t mean Fins citizens are shy.

YOU CAN BE THIS KIND OF INTROVERTS:
• NON-SHY INTROVERTS: An example of Non-shy introvert is billionaire and philanthropist, Bill Gates. He is unfazed by people’s opinion but always by himself.

• SHY-EXTROVERTS: An example is popular and Oscar-winning singer and Actress, Barbara Streisand. She lives a quiet life but still paralyzes stage fright, in fact she always talks about how nervous she was especially during her early years, and how she didn’t want to disappoint her fans back then.

• SHY-INTROVERTS: You can be both shy and an introvert too, an example is T.S Eliot, Who wrote the famous poem “The Waste Land”, he was famous but he lived a private life before his death in 1965 in the United Kingdom.
Another example of SHY-INTROVERTS is Keanu Reeves from the “Matrix Franchise”.

NOTE; if you are sometimes shy and sometimes confident you are likely an Ambivert.

MEANWHILE, I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU IF YOU WERE UNDER ANY OF THIS CATEGORY,
JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE ANY OF THE INTROVERTS DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE WEIRD, INFACT YOU ARE SPECIAL.THANK YOU!

You can also like my Tech page on Facebook :Webbikon Technologies, This will make me happy too

(1) (Reply)

Chinua Achebe Prize For Literature 2022 Shortlist Announced / Make Easy Money As A Writer / The Adventure Of Nihu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.