Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,442 members, 7,861,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:26 AM

Gotv Has No Regard For Nigerian Customers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gotv Has No Regard For Nigerian Customers (438 Views)

Uber And Taxify(bolt) Don't Regard Their Drivers, Share Your Experiences. / Dstv Is Ripping And Disrespecting Nigerian Customers; Share Your Experience / British Airways Rolls Out Pocket Friendly Fares For Nigerian Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gotv Has No Regard For Nigerian Customers by Metaversed: 5:17pm On Jul 18, 2022
Gotv is a household name in Nigeria because it's an affordable alternative to DSTV owned by the same parent company, Multichoice. Because of the lackluster programmes broadcast on our local TV networks, many Nigerians have turned to Gotv for relative entertainment and for the unrivaled patronage Nigeria accords Gotv, what do we get in return? A bouquet of frustration, exploitation, manipulation, privacy infringement and more. If you use gotv, please rate their services here.

Firstly, gotv frequently increases subscription costs without any proportional improvement in services. Unsuspecting users pay for their ridiculously overpriced bouquets only to discover that channels they love have been removed and replaced with nonsensical stations that even a dimwit would find boring.

Those who brave this exploitation are greeted with erratic reception, from videos glitching and blanking out to channels disappearing for days, among others. Understandably, many service providers go through difficulties due to unforseen events beyond their control, but isn't it ethical to apologize to customers who have paid for services which were not rendered?

Gotv customer care lines are never active, except when they call you to ask you why you have not been naive enough to resubscribe after months of disconnection. I got called some week ago by their agent who wanted to know why I hadn't renewed my subscription and I told her I was fed up with the service they provide. She told me I would get an additional month of free subscription if I renewed my account as a token of apology for my complaint. I went on and subscribed, and as I feared, a month after, the subscription expired. Nothing was added. To make matters worse, I can't reach them. Perhaps, after a month, they'd call again. They do not care to hear your complaints nor your challenges. In fact, their social media pages are not responsive to customer complaints even though they frequently update their time-line with pictures of their bland programmes. Their Twitter for instance does have the direct message option which every service provider business has.

So I'm asking you guys, why do we continue to remain silent in the face of this bold exploitation. Are there no agencies responsible for ensuring that innocent customers are not shortchanged? What alternatives do we have to this TV station that has nearly monopolized the industry?

Cc: Lalasticla Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Gotv Has No Regard For Nigerian Customers by Abfinest007(m): 5:41pm On Jul 18, 2022
I can't be paying what I can't enjoy .move to startimes or tstv

No time for nonsense
Re: Gotv Has No Regard For Nigerian Customers by EtinosaDLaw(m): 5:45pm On Jul 18, 2022
No be lie. I have a friend that uses it, everytime I go to his house and he tries to change the station, na so useless adverts go dey pop up. The thing dey vex my soul, reason why I swore to never have anything to do with it. I wonder why people can't just spend the extra cash to get dstv and have rest of mind. Go to their social media pages and see tons of complaints, same thing from year to year. I wonder why Nigerians love to put up with garbage.

Well, if anybody wants to sue, I'm here for all your litigation needs. grin
Re: Gotv Has No Regard For Nigerian Customers by meobizy(f): 5:53pm On Jul 18, 2022
Blame the falling naira. Blame the government officials who do nothing but wait to get lobbied by Multichoice, South Africa. Blame NEPA for lack of electricity (this still leads back to the government who hardly fund the parastatal). Blame your government for not caring that petroleum exploration is in decline because our leaders are focused on a stupid election which will take place next year.
Re: Gotv Has No Regard For Nigerian Customers by decatalyst(m): 6:05pm On Jul 18, 2022
I have dropped their ass since over 3yrs.

I remember I subscribed to their highest Boquet then and they removed some channels, including sport channel I used to enjoy. I called and the customer service person didn't even help matters...she was sounding like they reserve the exclusive right to remove and add channels at will.

Me sef kuku exercise my exclusive right of either subscribing or packing it up!

I simply stream anything I need to see. Entertainment, movies, football etc.
Re: Gotv Has No Regard For Nigerian Customers by CBDC: 6:31pm On Jul 18, 2022
My Gotv is laying somewhere in some carton.
I got tierd of their service jare
Re: Gotv Has No Regard For Nigerian Customers by samwash(m): 7:34pm On Jul 18, 2022
DStv exorbitant price, Gotv rubbish stations, why some few stations I love to see is still on startimes, for now I still patronise startimes for time to time.
Am still thinking of porting to TSTV.
Re: Gotv Has No Regard For Nigerian Customers by Fortas: 1:19pm On Aug 03, 2022
decatalyst:
I have dropped their ass since over 3yrs.

I remember I subscribed to their highest Boquet then and they removed some channels, including sport channel I used to enjoy. I called and the customer service person didn't even help matters...she was sounding like they reserve the exclusive right to remove and add channels at will.

Me sef kuku exercise my exclusive right of either subscribing or packing it up!

I simply stream anything I need to see. Entertainment, movies, football etc.

How do you stream on TV
Re: Gotv Has No Regard For Nigerian Customers by decatalyst(m): 8:58pm On Aug 03, 2022
Fortas:

How do you stream on TV

Internet...use laptop and HDMI cable

(1) (Reply)

Sanitary Napkin And Pads Making Machine / Original Suratti Perfume Oil. Undiluted And Concentrated Arabian Perfumes / Naira Redesign: See The Production Year Of These Naira Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.