Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Four Suspected Cases Of Monkeypox Reported In Borno – Official - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Four Suspected Cases Of Monkeypox Reported In Borno – Official (5057 Views)

Coronavirus: All Three Suspected Cases Have Tested Negative / Ghana: 2 Suspected Cases Of Coronavirus Recorded In Accra / Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Suspected Cases Of Monkeypox Reported In Borno – Official by References: 10:47am On Jul 19, 2022
Four suspected cases of Monkeypox, a viral disease, have been reported in Borno State, officials say.

Commissioner for Health Prof Mohammed Arab confirmed the presence of the disease to reporters in Maiduguri, the state capital, on Monday.

State Director of Public Health Dr Lawi Mshelia said three of the four samples collected have tested positive for Monkeypox. This means there are three confirmed cases.

“At the moment, we have four suspected cases of Monkeypox and three positive cases,” he disclosed

He said one of the confirmed cases was in Biu, in southern Borno, while the other two were discovered at Gwoza, southeast of the state capital. Both areas share close boundaries with neighbouring Adamawa State which has recorded more cases so far.

The official said that patients are recuperating at the hospital, assuring the people of the state of government’s determination for its containment.

He said the state ministry of health has activated its surveillance and preventive activities by conducting regular training for health workers at the local government level.

“There are local government surveillance officers and we do training for our health workers for disease detection and surveillance,” he disclosed.

He asked people to look out for rashes, fever or malaria as symptoms among others. He said the disease is not as deadly as people assume.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/four-suspected-cases-of-monkeypox-reported-in-borno-official/

1 Like

Re: Four Suspected Cases Of Monkeypox Reported In Borno – Official by annyplenty(m): 1:03pm On Jul 19, 2022
God is in control in the affairs of men.

please, take care of your health.
Re: Four Suspected Cases Of Monkeypox Reported In Borno – Official by Judolisco(m): 1:03pm On Jul 19, 2022
Food Don Don for public health officials... With d hunger wey dey ground ehn...vote right leaders una no go hear... Last time someone killed and roasted a lizard and was even boasting that d meat is very sweet... Make una Pls oh.. Stop eating monkeys

1 Like

Re: Four Suspected Cases Of Monkeypox Reported In Borno – Official by BESTScientist1: 1:03pm On Jul 19, 2022
Is SHIRTIMA the number 3 as disclosed in other media?
Re: Four Suspected Cases Of Monkeypox Reported In Borno – Official by henryadex(m): 1:04pm On Jul 19, 2022
End time predictions unfolding
Re: Four Suspected Cases Of Monkeypox Reported In Borno – Official by Rahkman: 1:04pm On Jul 19, 2022
Declare lockdown
Re: Four Suspected Cases Of Monkeypox Reported In Borno – Official by Thisis2raw(m): 1:04pm On Jul 19, 2022
We are not even done fighting covid, monkeypox abeg oo
Re: Four Suspected Cases Of Monkeypox Reported In Borno – Official by seueh: 1:04pm On Jul 19, 2022
I hope the Federal Ministry of Health is planning ahead of Time. So that it won't boomerang
Re: Four Suspected Cases Of Monkeypox Reported In Borno – Official by Drsnives(m): 1:04pm On Jul 19, 2022
Another lockdown loading
Re: Four Suspected Cases Of Monkeypox Reported In Borno – Official by Enddy50ty(m): 1:04pm On Jul 19, 2022
I know say na from that side e go enter this country.
Re: Four Suspected Cases Of Monkeypox Reported In Borno – Official by Benkatty(m): 1:04pm On Jul 19, 2022
God help us all.
Who can pls help me? I am in dire need of 4k or even less. Pls. I am terribly famished and starving. Pls help a brother.
1 2 2 8 0 8 9 5 9 0
Access Bank.

May GOD bless and replenish the giver.
Re: Four Suspected Cases Of Monkeypox Reported In Borno – Official by FreeStuffsNG: 1:06pm On Jul 19, 2022
Monkey pox is not the new covid-19 and not fatal like covid-19 but it requires vigilance as well. Please cooperate and observe all the public health advisory on how to curb its spread.
Thank you.

Meanwhile, if you want free business ideas and directory of money sources, please check my signature. Cheers.
Re: Four Suspected Cases Of Monkeypox Reported In Borno – Official by Coldfeets: 1:10pm On Jul 19, 2022
So the monkey pox still dey?
Re: Four Suspected Cases Of Monkeypox Reported In Borno – Official by Acidbath: 1:15pm On Jul 19, 2022
Males are more susceptible to it especially gay males.

1 Like

Re: Four Suspected Cases Of Monkeypox Reported In Borno – Official by Badrufresh(m): 1:16pm On Jul 19, 2022
Haa
Re: Four Suspected Cases Of Monkeypox Reported In Borno – Official by efjaydee(m): 1:20pm On Jul 19, 2022
Nawao.. monkeypox is the new new

Re: Four Suspected Cases Of Monkeypox Reported In Borno – Official by CharmingJob5: 1:24pm On Jul 19, 2022
Re: Four Suspected Cases Of Monkeypox Reported In Borno – Official by Sucolee(m): 1:24pm On Jul 19, 2022
Alot is happening in this country
Re: Four Suspected Cases Of Monkeypox Reported In Borno – Official by heydaviess: 1:43pm On Jul 19, 2022
I hope the Federal Ministry of Health is planning ahead of Time. So that it won't boomerang
Re: Four Suspected Cases Of Monkeypox Reported In Borno – Official by OK2NVME: 1:52pm On Jul 19, 2022
I read somewhere on the net that they plan to make this Monkey Pox a hot topic on constant news cycles by November/December this year.

If you check well, this pathogen was detected in one of the UN operated IDP camps.

These bastards are spreading the virus to IDPs through blankets and clothing given to them.
Re: Four Suspected Cases Of Monkeypox Reported In Borno – Official by OK2NVME: 1:54pm On Jul 19, 2022
Rahkman:
Declare lockdown

Your father
Re: Four Suspected Cases Of Monkeypox Reported In Borno – Official by Lama70(m): 1:56pm On Jul 19, 2022
It better remain where it has been found. We don't need it here.
Re: Four Suspected Cases Of Monkeypox Reported In Borno – Official by OK2NVME: 1:56pm On Jul 19, 2022
heydaviess:

Same idiots that allowed the US govt to operate bioweapons labs in Nigeria that developed this GoF pathogen?

(1) (Reply)

Facts About Jigsimur / The Health Benefits Of Banana Leaves / Evergreen Global  Initiative (NGO) Holds Sensitization And Empowerment Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.