Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,417 members, 7,812,229 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

10 Ways To Feel Unstuck In Your Career - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 10 Ways To Feel Unstuck In Your Career (206 Views)

10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes / How To Feel Less Tired After A Day's Work / 10 Ways To Look Busy In The Office: The Gospel Of Lazy Bones. A Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Ways To Feel Unstuck In Your Career by Oyindamolah: 7:56pm On Jul 19, 2022
Feeling stuck in your #Career

1. #Identify the emotion: Identify means you can try to narrow down the exact feeling you are experiencing. Why exactly are you feeling stuck? get somebody to walk you through the process. don't keep saying I don't why. Take your time to analyze the feeling

2. Acknowledge the #emotion: I am feeling stuck in my career, Why? Because I no longer add value or because I am not the best staff or because I am not a value-adding staff. You need to be honest with yourself. The journey starts with honesty

3. Go back to your #why's: Why did you venture into this career from the beginning? what was your motivation?

4. Go back to your #careerJournal: It is important you keep a journal of all your career wins and achievement. Do not belittle any achievements. The listed wins will help you believe in yourself

5. #Explore: Be open to exploring other areas in your career e.g You work in the HR Sector, Try and explore other parts of HR apart from recruitment, you can try performance management, learning and development.

6. #Set new goals: you might need to write new goals for yourself this will help you look forward to work constantly and encourage you to keep your focus

7. #Mindset: You need to have the right mindset. your mind is important. if your mind is not aligned. everything else won't align. You need to identify what your intentions are, and what exactly is your motive. E.g Are you feeling stuck because of peer pressure or are you feeling stuck because you are not willing to learn.

8. #Habit: If you can change your daily routine or habit at work. it will cause a lot of change. switch things a bit. Add something new to your daily routine, and go out of your comfort zone. e.g take a walk around your office during Lunch break, Actively involve in conversation during lunch break

9. #Environment: Your environment matters a lot. The environment here means people and the vibe around you. Do communicate if you are drained mentally or you need to get rest. Do you feel you are not valued, can you communicate this to your manager or #HR

10. Seek #solution: Refuse to wallow in self-pity. be bold and seek the solution.

A survey of more than 14,600 employees across 13 countries found that while people feel stuck at work, they are ready to regain control of their futures.
You can come out of this and do excellently well in your career.

(1) (Reply)

B]how To Infuse The Apple Effect Into Your Product,kill Competition And Sell Out / The Accountable Writers / Is There Any Way To Get Career Opportunity As A Freelance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.