Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,820 members, 7,831,671 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K (67875 Views)

10 Lessons I Learnt From Making A Million A Week In This Covid Times. / Happy New Year To You, Your New Year Job Is Here / End Of The Year Job Test Questions And Answers PROMO. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by cococandy(f): 12:51am On Jul 21, 2022
No they do not need 7-10 year if they are leaving legally with a green card, work permit or even possible citizenship .

Mind you I’m speaking from an American perspective. I don’t know anything about UK. I do realize they are very different. So if I’m wrong it’s only about UK. Someone from the UK can correct me.

As a new grad after I finished school here, I started with over *** with no experience. (States are different and I’m only speaking for my state as well. Red republican states are notorious for poor pay, so I encourage Nigerians who live there to leave and come to the side of light grin ). It’s been years and obviously the price has gone up. It definitely doesn’t take years upon years.

SeaTrade:
A year or 2?
Which kind play be this?
You'll burn better 7-10 years to catch up,no jokes.
Have you also thought of what he or she could have done in Nigeria in that 10 years growth wise?
If you're young 18-24 without anything substantial or a clear cut achievable vision,you can move.
But anything above that is most likely setting oneself up for a lifetime of "averageness".
No be beans to leave third world country to go and be exceptional in the most capitalist nation in the world.
It happens on very RARE occasions.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by SeaTrade(m): 12:52am On Jul 21, 2022
sunboy:

Let’s say he’s super smart and have good connect, he will still burn Atleast 2-3yrs lol and remember studying in the Uk is not automatic residency o, unlike Canada that have a straight path to residency.
Baba you're very generous with time.
It takes way longer than that to fully blend but make we just assume say grace dey.
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:52am On Jul 21, 2022
sunboy:

You’re using minimum wage as a reference yet you are using a general statistics of money remittances smh

Abeg you get statistics for people who make $15/hr at amazon and how much they remit ?

I’ve never worked for Amazon and I haven’t earned $15/hour since I was an undergraduate but hourly wages have nothing to do with the question I posed about remittances.

Every story Nigerians tell about people abroad involves struggle, living in poverty, and barely surviving therefore I asked how Nigerians in the diaspora manage to remit $19.2 billion per year if they are all struggling to survive another day as Nigerians say they are.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by SeaTrade(m): 12:55am On Jul 21, 2022
cococandy:
No they do not need 7-10 year if they are leaving legally with a green card, work permit or even possible citizenship .

Mind you I’m speaking from an American perspective. I don’t know anything about UK. I do realize they are very different. So if I’m wrong it’s only about UK. Someone from the UK can correct me.

As a new grad after I finished school here, I started with over $80k/yr with no experience. (States are different and I’m only speaking for my state as well. Red republican states are notorious for poor pay, so I encourage Nigerians who live there to leave and come to the side of light grin ). It’s been years and obviously the price has gone up. It definitely doesn’t take years upon years.

You had a benefactor,
It would have taken you a lot longer had it not been for "you know who" and you were struggling like everyone else to work minimum wage and pay for your tuition and living expenses and IRS.
These minor details you keep omitting makes all the difference.
And I'm not insinuating anything,just discussing.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Ndipe(m): 1:00am On Jul 21, 2022
To each their own, but I wouldnt advise anybody to trade their cushy job in Nigeria for life abroad. A bird in a hand is worth two in the bush.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by cococandy(f): 1:00am On Jul 21, 2022
SeaTrade:
You had a benefactor,
It would have taken you a lot longer had it not been for "you know who" and you were struggling like everyone else to work minimum wage and pay for your tuition and living expenses and IRS.
These minor details you keep omitting makes all the difference.
And I'm not insinuating anything,just discussing.

Very correct. That’s true.

But I’m not omitting any details. That’s why my initial posts says traveling the right way. If he’s traveling legally meaning he had a job offer before he left, or admission to higher education that offers path to employment after graduation or green card from a family benefactor etc. those are all traveling the right way. Those people are recognized by the govt and won’t have to scrape and struggle to make it.

Traveling the wrong way is

1) coming for visit and overstaying your visa.
2) Coming for education and refuse to leave after you graduate.
It seems like that all we talk about when we talk about immigration. Because people are leaving the weird and not straight forward way.
Then yes you will suffer and do minimum wage jobs to get by.

Again remember I and 1stgenamerican are talking about legal immigrants. Not wayo corner corner immigration.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by tshtsh: 1:04am On Jul 21, 2022
234GT:

I will never leave an assistant general manager grade for travelling abroad. If the wife wan go, make she go.
It was tough . He sent his wife and kids abroad with a plan that he will join them the following year. But shortly before his exit he was promoted to a senior manager role and decided to stay back. By year 3/year4 he was promoted to AGM with prospects of making it to DGM soon. However his wife put a lot of pressure on him and before they knew it they had spent 7 years apart . He made visits during vacation and all but that wasn't enough. At a point he had to let go of the job to go join her.
Everyone has a story. Manyyears ago my dad's friend left NNPC (Napims) as a GM to move to canada. People called him all sorts of names but he confided in my dad that he had been diagnosed with stage 2 lymphoma (cancer) and the oncologist in Canada advised him to move back to canada for better care. He earned a PhD at western university and became a citizen before moving to Nigeria in the 80s. He eventually died at the age of 71 in 2019

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:10am On Jul 21, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

Exactly!
Forgetting that living in Lagos is not the most economical of places.

Which school will those children attend?

The dude had tasted INSANITY first class and knows he made THE BEST DECISION.
Any country on without security or rule of law is JUNGLE!
Nigeria na country? You can only live for the moment WITHOUT PLANS FOR THE FUTURE.
I don’t know how people can live in a constant state of insecurity and uncertainty.

24 millionN is nothing. Even with 100 million N a year, your problems will never be solved.

Excellent statement.
I want to say something about the safety you mentioned. When you say safety, they don’t fully understand what real safety is. It’s not just police and fire protection that you’re talking about, you’re also talking about social safety which they have never experienced.

I get sad when Nigerians talk about people abroad ‘living off the government’ because if Nigeria offered its citizens the benefits that other countries do, life would be much better for all of them. They say it like it’s so dirty and evil but even the people who get government benefits pay taxes so the government isn’t giving them anything that they haven’t given the government.

If the Nigerian government offered Electronic benefits for people to purchase food for themselves and their children, government sponsored insurance for the poor, and clean subsidized housing how many Nigerians would refuse any of it and look down on others for taking it? Look at all of the jobless people in Nigeria. If the ones who were sacked unfairly or even laid off could receive a few months of unemployment payments, would they refuse it and look down on others who accepted the help?

And their favorite topic: menial jobs. If Nigerian employers were legally required to pay their lowest paid workers doing menial jobs on time, every time like clockwork while being required to treat them respectfully and like humans and being legally obligated to provide a safe work environment, would they still look down their noses on people they think are doing menial jobs abroad? If people in Nigeria working menial jobs had the peace of mind that comes with knowing their boss can’t make excuses or withhold salary, would menial jobs still be such a bad taste in their mouths?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by pocohantas(f): 1:10am On Jul 21, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

You’re right about that. The myth of working 2-3 jobs like a dog is just a lie people tell unless someone is in either country illegally.
Example: Amazon in the UK and US will hire just about anyone over age 18 who is in the country legally.

Here in the US, Amazon’s minimum wage is $15 per hour, even for people working from home and it’s $10-11.76 per hour in the UK.
A couple without any higher education in the US legally who are authorized to work can stay home and each work 40 hours a week for Amazon (overtime is optional and sometimes unlimited). So without working any overtime:

USA
$15/hr x 40 hours/week= $600 x 2= $1,200/ week
$1,200/week x 52 weeks/year= $62,400 annually in the household

UK
$10/hr x 40/wk= $400 x 2= $800/wk
$800/wk x 52 weeks/yr= $41,600 annually in the household

USA
Overtime = 1.5 of hourly salary
Amazon Overtime for a Minimum Wage Worker in the US is $22.50 per hour

UK
Amazon Overtime for the lowest paid worker is $15/hour

Thanks for explaining better. I didn’t even know all this, but I have friends and family in both sides and I can tell the difference. I also work remotely with an American and a Brit, the difference is clear when it comes to wages. I love the Brits though. They are more humane or at least pretend to be. Americans are too robotic and detached. lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by SeaTrade(m): 1:12am On Jul 21, 2022
cococandy:

Very correct. That’s true.

But I’m not omitting any details. That’s why my initial posts says traveling the right way. If he’s traveling legally meaning he had a job offer before he left, or admission to higher education that offers path to employment after graduation or green card from a family benefactor etc. those are all traveling the right way. Those people are recognized by the govt and won’t have to scrape and struggle to make it.

Traveling the wrong way is

1) coming for visit and overstaying your visa.
2) Coming for education and refuse to leave after you graduate.
It seems like that all we talk about when we talk about immigration. Because people are leaving the weird and not straight forward way.
Then yes you will suffer and do minimum wage jobs to get by.

Again remember I and 1stgenamerican are talking about legal immigrants. Not wayo corner corner immigration.
I was also talking about legal immigration.
Higher education isn't free,whose gonna pay for him?
Your guess is as good as mine.
So he had to work and pay his tuition and living expenses,
This will take time.
Then after that ,job hunting takes another time too before you settle.
7 years don pass.
You'll not start making great money from the start except for very professional courses which cost way more to have school wise and takes more time.
Before you work your way up and start making decent income,get a mortgage and things like that,time don go well well..
He would have done more in Nigeria with that 10 years and won't need a mortgage then,e go just go lekki buy house..
Well,long and short of this is for everyone to suit themselves.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:21am On Jul 21, 2022
Ndipe:
To each their own, but I wouldnt advise anybody to trade their cushy job in Nigeria for life abroad. A bird in a hand is worth two in the bush.

Abroad is not for everyone but asking respectfully, what is your description of a cushy job in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Ndipe(m): 1:24am On Jul 21, 2022
This fits the definition of having a cushy job, "24m per annum salary."

1stGenAmerican:

Abroad is not for everyone but asking respectfully, what is your description of a cushy job in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by cococandy(f): 1:25am On Jul 21, 2022
My disagreement with you is that it doesn’t really take that long. But yes everyone to their own.
If someone has a well paying job that is not a result of their high skills and qualifications, they should definitely keep it because the loophole they used to get that job may not be available in America and they might end up being worse off if they have no skills here.

But if they have those skills and education, no one can take it from them. then they won’t need 7-10 years to assimilate.

I just asked one of my friends who has been here for 7 years to show me her pay. Would you have advised this person to stay back in naija because it took her 7 years to get to this level? Mind you she’s not considered a highly paid individual in her field. Many Nigerians are also her bosses and seniors so they definitely make more than her. This was last year and she’s due to another bump this year.

I hope you guys stop believing all these “they do menial jobs and 2-3 jobs and don’t have $1000 in their bank account” that people always say on NL. It’s not representative of reality.

Even if this person paid for their education, they can recoup that in short while. So..?

SeaTrade:
I was also talking about legal immigration.
Higher education isn't free,whose gonna pay for him?
Your guess is as good as mine.
So he had to work and pay his tuition and living expenses,
This will take time.
Then after that ,job hunting takes another time too before you settle.
7 years don pass.
You'll not start making great money from the start except for very professional courses which cost way more to have school wise and takes more time.
Before you work your way up and start making decent income,get a mortgage and things like that,time don go well well..
He would have done more in Nigeria with that 10 years and won't need a mortgage then,e go just go lekki buy house..
Well,long and short of this is for everyone to suit themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by BBBricks: 1:30am On Jul 21, 2022
Op this your moniker ehn
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Bekermann(m): 1:32am On Jul 21, 2022
mayo47:
TBH, enough of this AA famzing. This story about cancellation of Nigeria's debt was significantly a function of Okonjo Iweala network and her credibility perceived by the negotiators as she in the past before then has worked with a few of them.

That's the derivative when one brings intellectuals into government. They did it before and they'll do it again. smiley
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by harmony75: 1:32am On Jul 21, 2022
Knowledge is power 24 million a year how about those that earns high but relocated to 24 million a year is small to me they made wise decisions. I believe they have established somethings to some level before traveling for more knowledge �
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by SpaceAngel: 1:33am On Jul 21, 2022
Everything is not money. Many leaving want a secured future for their kids . Insecurity and uncertainty is what's driving people out. Many that never thought of leaving are moving out of Naija fast while the money they have can still get them somewhere.
The politicians who have a lot of money still make sure they secure something abroad so that they can run away if anything happens and these are the ones we look up to for good governance.

It's the ones earning relatively well by Naija standard that can afford expenses for migration.
₦24m is approximately $38k , or $3k monthly undecided

Almost nothing works here, sadly.
I pity people without plan B.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by baby124: 1:39am On Jul 21, 2022
cococandy:
My disagreement with you is that it doesn’t really take that long. But yes everyone to their own.
If someone has a well paying job that is not a result of their high skills and qualifications, they should definitely keep it because the loophole they used to get that job may not be available in America and they might end up being worse off if they have no skills here.

But if they have those skills and education, no one can take it from them. then they won’t need 7-10 years to assimilate.

I just asked one of my friends who has been here for 7 years to show me her pay. Would you have advised this person to stay back in naija because it took her 7 years to get to this level? Mind you she’s not considered a highly paid individual in her field. Many Nigerians are also her bosses and seniors so they definitely make more than her. This was last year and she’s due to another bump this year.

I hope you guys stop believing all these “they do menial jobs and 2-3 jobs and don’t have $1000 in their bank account” that people always say on NL. It’s not representative of reality.

Even if this person paid for their education, they can recoup that in short while. So..?

Hmm. This is suspicious because I know you can’t make this rate in 7yrs except you are a doctor. For nurses to earn this there is a lot of overtime involved. A lot. Annual raises in pay are definitely not 14% more like 2% if any and that is with a very good review. Except you get a significant promotion. This looks like overtime work where the person is working a lot. That for regular hrs their salary will be half that pay.
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by CarlsJaz567(m): 1:45am On Jul 21, 2022
RedChiefPriest:
Well if he sees better offer and if he thinks the country have more to offer him than naija then he's free to move.
But if I get 24 million job per year for this naija and vampire and zombies dey kill fo Street,i no fit leave ooo.
Na to go buy better ammunition and start playing real life COD.
One Hand on steering and the other hand on my gun ready to shoot any bagger I sight.

From the way the original post is worded on Twitter, it may be that the combined income of the couple is 24million Naira per annum.

Another mistake people make about the analysis of a good salary in Nigeria is that there is no consideration that the people with so-called great jobs may somehow lose their jobs and never be able secure replacements remotely close to their previous salaries.

In fact, if you've had a relatively good-paying job in Nigeria, you are an "endangered specie" as it may turn out to be your undoing if ever something went wrong with your career trajectory along the way! You could be so over-qualified that you would be by-passed even for the simplest jobs that you could easily do.

This is the experience of many people that I know in this category. They regretted not haven left Nigeria when they were at the top of their careers, even though they won't have minded securing jobs with average salaries now. However, none are forthcoming!

There is no job security in Nigeria! If you happen to fall, you are most probably down and out! That's why people are so prayerful and many even fetish - so as to hold on to whatever good one happens to get in Nigeria! There are usually many "adversaries" who would be scheming to bring you down through any means possible, including going "spiritual" on you!

If you know, you know!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by etrange: 1:48am On Jul 21, 2022
Sorry, but I don't believe it. I live out here myself and I wouldn't leave such a job in Nigeria to come and live here when I've got enough money to enjoy both sides.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by cococandy(f): 1:53am On Jul 21, 2022
baby124:

Hmm. This is suspicious because I know you can’t make this rate in 7yrs except you are a doctor. For nurses to earn this there is a lot of overtime involved. A lot. Annual raises in pay are definitely not 14% more like 2% if any and that is with a very good review. Except you get a significant promotion. This looks like overtime work where the person is working a lot. That for regular hrs their salary will be half that pay.

I think the hourly it said on there was $80/hr.
Most nurses usually do 3X12 = 36 hours per week which makes it around 2880/wk

Multiply by 52 weeks/ year this makes it $149k/year.

So I think that’s accurate. If she did over time it would be way more than that I guess.

Which is another reason why I believe folks don’t bother to disprove the NL beliefs because they’ll be called liars anyway.

Also I didn’t state that this person was a nurse.

Also your state of residence matters.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by bdon123(m): 1:56am On Jul 21, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Honestly this one is not a very wise decision.

I know Nigeria has security issues, but what are the odds that he will fall victim?
However it is almost a sure thing that he'll live a poorer life in the UK. Is he even sure of remaining in the UK permanently after that masters?
Even if he remains, hope he's in a field that will pay highly. Inflation is on the rise in the UK as well.

Anyways, his choice, his life. Wishing him the very best.
He is far wiser than u ...even if m earning 50 mil in naija i will still wanna move out my family.Naija quality of life is poor.its not always abt hunger
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by bdon123(m): 1:57am On Jul 21, 2022
grandstar:

His relocation is due to ignorance. They think abroad holds something better but for him to achieve the equivalent standard of living in the UK, he might need to earn at least triple the sum he makes here

A 4 bedroom terrace in West London was 4,000 pounds a month in 2020. That's about ₦2 8m a month. That's more than his salary here alone. And that's a terrace, not a wing of a Duplex or a fully detached house.

Poor nigerians always tink they know everything.He is probably very educated n far wiser than u .He is giving his kids a better future

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by DeOTR: 1:57am On Jul 21, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

You’re right about that. The myth of working 2-3 jobs like a dog is just a lie people tell unless someone is in either country illegally.
Example: Amazon in the UK and US will hire just about anyone over age 18 who is in the country legally.

Here in the US, Amazon’s minimum wage is $15 per hour, even for people working from home and it’s $10-11.76 per hour in the UK.
A couple without any higher education in the US legally who are authorized to work can stay home and each work 40 hours a week for Amazon (overtime is optional and sometimes unlimited). So without working any overtime:

USA
$15/hr x 40 hours/week= $600 x 2= $1,200/ week
$1,200/week x 52 weeks/year= $62,400 annually in the household

UK
$10/hr x 40/wk= $400 x 2= $800/wk
$800/wk x 52 weeks/yr= $41,600 annually in the household

USA
Overtime = 1.5 of hourly salary
Amazon Overtime for a Minimum Wage Worker in the US is $22.50 per hour

UK
Amazon Overtime for the lowest paid worker is $15/hour

And just over $60k is big money working in the US, especially for someone earning N24M annually in Nigeria?
He dare not try live the same standard he lived in Nigeria.
I paid $1100 monthly for a shared apartment in New Smyrna Beach. Do the maths.

I know a lot of people who earn as much as $7000 monthly working a foreign job from Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by cococandy(f): 1:58am On Jul 21, 2022
baby124:

I also know a doctor friend here. He’s Yoruba and he’s a cardiologist. Makes close to $500k/year. So $149k/ year is not a typical doctor’s salary here. They make more

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by RaptorX: 1:58am On Jul 21, 2022
If this story is true then he must be the biggest fool on earth. Until he gets to that overcrowded island and find out the reality.
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by baby124: 2:00am On Jul 21, 2022
cococandy:

I think the hourly it said on there was $80/hr.
Most nurses usually do 3X12 = 36 hours per week which makes it around 2880/wk

Multiple by 52 weeks/ year this makes it $149k/year.

So I think that’s accurate. If she did over time it would be way more than that I guess.

Which is another reason why I believe folks don’t bother to disprove the NL beliefs because they’ll be called liars anyway.

Also I didn’t state that this person was a nurse.

Also your state of residence matters.
Average nurses salary rate is about 40-50 dollars. This rate is based on the annual salary earned. A 14% jump from a year ago definitely signifies a lot of overtime. But that’s just how I read it. Plus you have to be a really specialized nurse with specialized training to make that 80. Plus years of experience. I have a relative who is a doctor of nursing.
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by baby124: 2:03am On Jul 21, 2022
cococandy:

I also know a doctor friend here. He’s Yoruba and he’s a cardiologist. Makes close to $500k/year. So $149k/ year is not a typical doctor’s salary here. They make more
Before a doctor can make 500k/yr it’s not beans at all. A cardiologist takes at least 4yrs of bachelors, 6yrs of medical school and specialization if not more. 6-8yrs of very hard schooling and residency. That’s about 12yrs-14yrs if not more. During residency they make about 50k actually.

Then you have to prove your merit and also work long long hrs before you make that money. I know that system like the back of my hands. America does not give you anything easily. Why do you think so called successful people keep being caught for fraud? cheesy?

Go and ask spouses of doctors how many times they see them in America. Lmao. If America is paying you that money you will almost lose all your blood. By the time dr’s graduate from medical school you know how much they owe in debt? Go and ask dear. From 250k-300k

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by RaptorX: 2:04am On Jul 21, 2022
Munamoqel:
in the uk you don't pick money on the floor .several oyinbo Wil change places if offered 24m
90% of Nigerians living in the UK will relocate to Nigeria for #2 million a month, that is a fact and nobody should quote me if you have never been to the UK before.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by bdon123(m): 2:04am On Jul 21, 2022
inoki247:
People think say outside sweet the way dem dey hear am ni I pray dem no regret dere steps....

Apart from insecurity nd some social amenities someone earning 2000usd in Nigeria monthly is beta dan someone earning 10k usd monthly in the state....

and living in doz country sef dere type of work be like slavery for my eyes people be doing 3 to 4 work in a day kilode...

as worst as Nigeria dey apart from having side hustle nobody fit du 3 to 4 work in a day in Nigeria....
Bro u are ignorant.I earn almost wat that guys earn a year n i wanna leave naija as soon as possible.My kids need another passport

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by kunkelhanspeter(m): 2:09am On Jul 21, 2022
GreatAxeMan:
24 million a year means 2 million a month. He lives in Lekki which is probably the most expensive residential area in Nigeria. Only God knows how much of that 2 million a month will be enough for survival in such a place, especially if you are living in rented accommodation and paying for top class security so that kidnappers will not target you.

There’s no how you will pay more than 4m on rent rent with 3-4m you will see one of the best 2-3 bedrooms apartment in Lekki
Why leave to live like a king � in the jingle than a slave in uk?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by cococandy(f): 2:18am On Jul 21, 2022
Yes you’re right. Doctors are not the average folks. The only reason I even mentioned them is because you said that $149k/yr looks like Dr pay. Doctors make way more. That was my point.

Here’s another nurse’s job offer. She’s also my colleague. In fact I’ll be posting numbers henceforth since words don’t seem to be enough.

At $94/hr working only 36 hours a week 3 days week, she’s making $175k/year. No overtime. In fact her organization is unionized therefore every shift she works that’s is over 8 hours she makes extra 50% per hour on the hour.

I’m waiting for another friend to text me her pay stub.

Let’s put a stop to misinformation
baby124:

Before a doctor can make 500k/yr it’s not beans at all. A cardiologist takes at least 4yrs of bachelors, 6yrs of medical school and specialization if not more. 6-8yrs of very hard schooling and residency. That’s about 12yrs-14yrs if not more. During residency they make about 50k actually.

Then you have to prove your merit and also work long long hrs before you make that money. I know that system like the back of my hands. America does not give you anything easily. Why do you think so called successful people keep being caught for fraud? cheesy?

Go and ask spouses of doctors how many times they see them in America. Lmao. If America is paying you that money you will almost lose all your blood.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Lady Works As Labourer To Earn "Urgent 2k" / Diamond Bank Recruitment / Graduate Job Vacancies- You Can Apply If You Are Qualified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.