Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,634 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Bought Substandard Products, Company Ask Me To Visit Their Office. Advice - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bought Substandard Products, Company Ask Me To Visit Their Office. Advice (205 Views)

My Experience At The Post Office (advice Needed) / Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products / Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bought Substandard Products, Company Ask Me To Visit Their Office. Advice by Dim08: 4:09am On Jul 22, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I kindly request your pieces of advice.

I bought some products manufactured by a multinational company in Nigeria (company name withheld).

I discovered few of the products are substandard or had product defects.

As usual, I had already written it off as loss, then I realised if I didn't raise alarm, they might not know and they might continue to produce such substandard product.

I decided to send a mail to the company directly instead of complaining to the consumer protection council.

The company has responded to my mail, requested for my name, location and phone and that I should provide them more information on the product in terms of date of production, best before and batch number. Which I have done.

Few days ago, I was called and requested to visit their office at my convenience on the issue and to come with the defective products.

Should I go alone or with a lawyer?
Should I go with the defective product or not?
Should I now engage the Consumer Protection Council or continue direct communication with the company

These are thoughts running my mind.

Kindly comment or advise.

NB: This company had been sued few years ago on a similar case of substandard product.
Re: Bought Substandard Products, Company Ask Me To Visit Their Office. Advice by Oxb90: 4:46am On Jul 22, 2022
This information is not yet complete.

Was the former complainant compenseted or was he intimidated?

Knowing the type of government we have in this country who always want to please the interest of the multi-nations;

My advice is for you to take a lawyer, a police, a soldier and one para-military officers. Don't forget to engage the services of very strong and renowned native doctor who will appear in his full official costume.
The later will keep in check our over Sabi Nigerian staffs of the company in their line.
Re: Bought Substandard Products, Company Ask Me To Visit Their Office. Advice by dawnomike(m): 4:54am On Jul 22, 2022
Dim08:
Hello Everyone,

I kindly request your pieces of advice.

I bought some products manufactured by a multinational company in Nigeria (company name withheld).

I discovered few of the products are substandard or had product defects.

As usual, I had already written it off as loss, then I realised if I didn't raise alarm, they might not know and they might continue to produce such substandard product.

I decided to send a mail to the company directly instead of complaining to the consumer protection council.

The company has responded to my mail, requested for my name, location and phone and that I should provide them more information on the product in terms of date of production, best before and batch number. Which I have done.

Few days ago, I was called and requested to visit their office at my convenience on the issue and to come with the defective products.

Should I go alone or with a lawyer?
Should I go with the defective product or not?
Should I now engage the Consumer Protection Council or continue direct communication with the company

These are thoughts running my mind.

Kindly comment or advise.

NB: This company had been sued few years ago on a similar case of substandard product.
Since the company has chosen to be reasonable, visit their office alongside your lawyer with the defective products.
Ensure not to introduce your lawyer as to them as a legal practitioner.
Re: Bought Substandard Products, Company Ask Me To Visit Their Office. Advice by nifemi25(m): 5:28am On Jul 22, 2022
You said this same company has been sued before simply because of producing substandard products.
Here is my question, Was the former complainant compenseted or was he intimidated ? This will determine what will eventually happen to you when you visited the company .

There are two things involved, either you are intimidated or you are compensated. One will surely happen. Just make sure you don't go alone. Go with a lawyer and never introduce him as a lawyer before the meeting
Re: Bought Substandard Products, Company Ask Me To Visit Their Office. Advice by Dim08: 5:36am On Jul 22, 2022
Oxb90:

Knowing the type of government we have in this country who always want to please the interest of the multi-nations;

My advice is for you to take a lawyer, a police, a soldier and one para-military officers. Don't forget to engage the services of very strong and renowned native doctor who will appear in his full official costume.
The later will keep in check our over Sabi Nigerian staffs of the company in their line.

According to news, the judge asked that the company should compensate the complainant but whether they did or not I cannot tell.

Though, they sound cordial on phone. I just don't want to lose guard.
Re: Bought Substandard Products, Company Ask Me To Visit Their Office. Advice by Dim08: 9:35am On Jul 22, 2022
Oxb90:

I didn't know if he was compensated.

Taking a police or soldier may look as if I had an ulterior motive. And if I am to take a lawyer along. What would I say, he or she has come to do with me. A witness?

(1) (Reply)

Instagram PVA Accounts Make Your Brand Marketing More Successful / Dubai Municipality Licenced Pest Control Services | Way Pest Control / How Can I Send Money To Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.