Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Top Slangs You Must Know Before You Venture Into Cryptocurrency - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Top Slangs You Must Know Before You Venture Into Cryptocurrency (743 Views)

FOREX Or CRYPTO: Which Should You Venture Into? / For Those Who Re Into Cryptocurrency But Don't Know How To Trade On Their Own / Are You Into Cryptocurrency? Please Indicate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Slangs You Must Know Before You Venture Into Cryptocurrency by Niswayne19: 10:59pm On Jul 22, 2022
1. HODL stands for Hold On For Dear Life and it is one of the core philosophies of cryptocurrency investing.

2. FOMO stands for Fear Of Missing Out.

3. FUD is the opposite of FOMO and stands for Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt.

4. Shitcoin

According to Unhashed Podcast host Ruben Somsen , a shitcoin is a “coin that can be predicted to go to zero because of its flawed fundamentals”.

5. Airdrop refers to sending cryptocurrency coins/ tokens or NFTs for free to different wallet addresses.

6. AMA is an abbreviation for “ask me anything”, it is used by people who are opening themselves up for a session where the community can ask any kind of question

7. BTD refers to “buy the dips”

8. TVL stands for Total Locked Value refers to the total value of assets deposited by users on a particular platform.

9. GMI stands for gonna make it

10. WGMI stands for We gonna make it

11 NGMI stands for Not gonna make it

12. IYKYK stands for If you know, you know

13. KOL stands for key opinion leader aka social media influencer

14. P2P stands for Person 2 Person

15. DYOR is short for “do your own research”.

Number 15 is very important if you ever want to invest in cryptocurrency. Always do your research before buying any coin.

What other slangs did we miss? Kindly add for others to see and learn.

Source: https://twitter.com/im_swapnasagar/status/1488240791914831872?s=21&t=Rx2C9Hz2YyBeV3-fTIAndQ

1 Like

Re: Top Slangs You Must Know Before You Venture Into Cryptocurrency by Kunja2: 9:33pm On Jul 23, 2022
FOMO is a general marketing term though. Nice post anyway
Re: Top Slangs You Must Know Before You Venture Into Cryptocurrency by Ezlynn: 9:47pm On Jul 23, 2022
This is enlightening, I got to know what WGMI stands for when I started trading on yellowcard.

Re: Top Slangs You Must Know Before You Venture Into Cryptocurrency by Freelancerx: 12:54am On Jul 24, 2022
How legit are these guys? Saw a post by them on youtube last week
Ezlynn:
This is enlightening, I got to know what WGMI stands for when I started trading on yellowcard.
Re: Top Slangs You Must Know Before You Venture Into Cryptocurrency by scarycuteface(m): 2:02am On Jul 24, 2022
DYOR is very important
Re: Top Slangs You Must Know Before You Venture Into Cryptocurrency by Abiodunspectre(m): 9:53pm On Jul 24, 2022
Thank you for the information.
We use some of this slangs without knowing some of their actual meanings.
Re: Top Slangs You Must Know Before You Venture Into Cryptocurrency by EinsteinAyo(m): 11:01am On Jul 26, 2022
I have never regretted trading on Yellow Card. The platform is so cool for my liking
Ezlynn:
Re: Top Slangs You Must Know Before You Venture Into Cryptocurrency by Niswayne19: 11:23pm On Jul 31, 2022
Freelancerx:

Yellow card is a legit exchange platform.
Re: Top Slangs You Must Know Before You Venture Into Cryptocurrency by Freelancerx: 7:24pm On Aug 07, 2022
Niswayne19:

Yellow card is a legit exchange platform.
thanks
Re: Top Slangs You Must Know Before You Venture Into Cryptocurrency by ebunluv2021: 8:22pm On Aug 07, 2022
Part of the reasons I have been sticking with yellow card. They keep putting you through with anything crypto currency.
Ezlynn:
Re: Top Slangs You Must Know Before You Venture Into Cryptocurrency by Realest425: 8:37pm On Aug 07, 2022
ebunluv2021:
Part of the reasons I have been sticking with yellow card. They keep putting you through with anything crypto currency.

For real, I learn new things on their platform every time
Re: Top Slangs You Must Know Before You Venture Into Cryptocurrency by Realest425: 8:45pm On Aug 07, 2022
Freelancerx:

I use their platform and I haven’t had any regrets so far
Re: Top Slangs You Must Know Before You Venture Into Cryptocurrency by Cheezzyy: 9:03pm On Aug 07, 2022
ebunluv2021:
I agree sha, I've gone through their academy so I can say same
Re: Top Slangs You Must Know Before You Venture Into Cryptocurrency by Freelancerx: 11:50pm On Aug 13, 2022
It is a good platform then
Realest425:

I use their platform and I haven’t had any regrets so far
Re: Top Slangs You Must Know Before You Venture Into Cryptocurrency by Realest425: 6:28pm On Aug 22, 2022
Freelancerx:
It is a good platform then

For real

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is Ultron Coin? - Ultron Blockchain Low Price / Trustworthy Stockbroker / Zenith Bank Shares.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.