Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,827 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People (53858 Views)

How Can You Identify Intelligent People? / 8 Personality Traits Of Highly Intelligent People (backed By Science) / 5 Things Highly Intelligent People Do Differently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Fairview1: 11:51pm On Jul 22, 2022
Intelligent people are naturally curious people. They ask you questions upon questions.

When you answer, they ask you more. When you start using big words, they ask for clarification. When they can’t understand anything you’re saying, they ask for you to explain it to them as if they were a five-year-old.

When you say something intriguing, they write it down in their notebook or phone.
These people are not naturally more intelligent. They’re better learners which makes them more intelligent.

Why do they learn better? They’re genuinely curious and ask questions from a humble standpoint. I’ve met billionaires who’ve said, “explain it to me as if I were a five-year-old.”

This simple phrase has changed my life when it comes to learning. As soon as you stop asking questions, you stop learning. As soon as you stop writing down ideas, you forget them.

The hardest part of becoming intelligent is not bullshitting yourself about what you know; it’s being humble enough to ask questions. If you can do this, then people will see you as intelligent, too.

Let's hear from you, how do you personally identify intelligent people when you see them?

260 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Bruno3000(m): 4:05am On Jul 23, 2022
Nice write up.
In addition, intelligent people are men of few words. They don't just talk for talking sake, think b4 making each statement and the effects they would create on their listeners.
Intelligent people are people who display humility and are ever willing to learn from anyone; they rarely show off.
Intelligent people are flexible in nature. They possess and display adaptation skills whenever and wherever necessary.

423 Likes 46 Shares

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by SporaD8: 4:39am On Jul 23, 2022
"Intelligent people are learner's, but foo1s are known by multitude of words!"

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Benwallt(m): 5:02am On Jul 23, 2022
Your first two paragraphs detailed the attributes of a talkative. Intelligent people listen and process

228 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by 1EmmyKay: 5:58am On Jul 23, 2022
So I dey intelligent, Chai, God is wonderful, nice write up, OP

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Sheyilola(f): 6:20am On Jul 23, 2022
Intelligent people are mostly reserved, inquisitive, outstanding and they don’t give up on tackling any problems that comes their way

180 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 23, 2022
I strongly disagree with this assertion.

If you are a teacher, you'll understand that it's not everybody that asks a lot of questions is intelligent.

Some ask questions, stupid questions in fact just to cause confusion where there is non.

My fiancee who happens to be a teacher told me this.

219 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Rickmann: 7:02am On Jul 23, 2022
Fairview1:
Intelligent people are naturally curious people. They ask you questions upon questions.

When you answer, they ask you more. When you start using big words, they ask for clarification. When they can’t understand anything you’re saying, they ask for you to explain it to them as if they were a five-year-old.

When you say something intriguing, they write it down in their notebook or phone.
These people are not naturally more intelligent. They’re better learners which makes them more intelligent.

Why do they learn better? They’re genuinely curious and ask questions from a humble standpoint. I’ve met billionaires who’ve said, “explain it to me as if I were a five-year-old.”

This simple phrase has changed my life when it comes to learning. As soon as you stop asking questions, you stop learning. As soon as you stop writing down ideas, you forget them.

The hardest part of becoming intelligent is not bullshitting yourself about what you know; it’s being humble enough to ask questions. If you can do this, then people will see you as intelligent, too.

Let's hear from you, how do you personally identify intelligent people when you see them?

Intelligent people love to find out ,they listen more than they talk.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Snapchat: 7:19am On Jul 23, 2022
They are not Obidense.

22 Likes

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Mrlloyd: 7:25am On Jul 23, 2022
I’d say they are able to breakdown their goals to little chunks

khadaffi:

This your fiancee, how long has she been in the profession? Intelligent people don't get intelligent overnight. It takes years of practice, asking questions and sometimes the questions might appear foolish but the answerer have to understand what the student knows and understand why he/she is asking such questions before concluding it's a foolish question. I'm saying this due to my many years of experience as a teacher.

I think you are confusing Intelligence with Brilliance, intelligence is the ability to understand concepts easily and also predict patterns using previous data, brilliance is knowledge and the ability to recall knowledge efficiently. It takes years and practice to acquire knowledge and retention, but intelligence is inherent.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Amarisco(f): 7:37am On Jul 23, 2022
They know that there’s more in life that they don’t know, than what they do know.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 23, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by StonedLex(m): 8:06am On Jul 23, 2022
1EmmyKay:
So I dey intelligent, Chai, God is wonderful, nice write up, OP

Intelligent people rarely show off lol

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Lorex6: 8:09am On Jul 23, 2022
Bruno3000:
Nice write up.
In addition, intelligent people are men of few words. They don't just talk for talking sake, think b4 making each statement and the effects they would create on their listeners.
Intelligent people are people who display humility and are ever willing to learn from anyone; they rarely show off.
Intelligent people are flexible in nature. They possess and display adaptation skills whenever and wherever necessary.

They talk. I have friends that don't shut up, but the smart asl... They've taken IQ test, but I want them to take the Mensa test

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by christm386: 8:22am On Jul 23, 2022
Lol, anyways, learning fast is not a product of being genuinely curious, some people don’t just care, yet they understand perfectly, I think it comes with gene, and most talkative are intelligent.. I think being wise is better than being intelligent and sharp, if u don’t understand this statement yet, then calm down, u will soon

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Jajasabali(m): 9:04am On Jul 23, 2022
How do you measure intelligence
Or smartness

1 Like

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Bruno3000(m): 9:13am On Jul 23, 2022
You can't be a talkative and be smart at the same time. No way. U go dey misyan most times. May be that ur friend always has something important and reasonable to say, if not, he ain't smart nor intelligent.
Lorex6:

They talk. I have friends that don't shut up, but the smart asl... They've taken IQ test, but I want them to take the Mensa test

14 Likes

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by khadaffi(m): 9:27am On Jul 23, 2022
Miracood2:

If you are a teacher, you'll understand that it's not everybody that asks a lot of questions is intelligent.

Some ask questions, stupid questions in fact just to cause confusion where there is non.

This your fiancee, how long has she been in the profession? Intelligent people don't get intelligent overnight. It takes years of practice, asking questions and sometimes the questions might appear foolish but the answerer have to understand what the student knows and understand why he/she is asking such questions before concluding it's a foolish question. I'm saying this due to my many years of experience as a teacher.

For example: the Bible says God created the world in six days and on the seventh day God rested.

The students question: Who was there to confirm that God built the world in six days

Teacher: That is a foolish question. You are trying to cause confusion when there is none

Conclusion: Who is foolish among the two? The teacher or the student?

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Macareni: 9:36am On Jul 23, 2022
Beautiful thread, OP.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Dabillion: 9:39am On Jul 23, 2022
You're very correct bro, nobody is bigger than learning
Fairview1:

2 Likes

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Dabillion: 9:40am On Jul 23, 2022
grin
khadaffi:

For example: the Bible says God created the world in six days and on the seventh day God rested.

The students question: Who was there to confirm that God built the world in six days

Teacher: That is a foolish question. You are trying to cause confusion when there is none

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by blingxx(m): 9:44am On Jul 23, 2022
Sheyilola:
Intelligent people are mostly reserved, inquisitive, outstanding and they don’t give up on tackling any problems that comes their way

Intelligent pple are very good at hiding their emotions Sha , but they get depressed the most because no one can relate with them oftenly

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Johnlegacy57: 10:04am On Jul 23, 2022
Wrong assessment.
I've been in different classes right from primary school to university level and I've discovered that the top students ask the least questions. Most of them go unnoticed.

85 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by fman(m): 10:11am On Jul 23, 2022
Fairview1:

I don't ask questions (I meant be given a wrong answer).
It makes one vulnerable.
I rather observe and experiment.
And most importantly
I make empirical researches and
Findings.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by ajekpaks(m): 10:14am On Jul 23, 2022
lol
Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Saviourk: 10:16am On Jul 23, 2022
Miracood2:

True. Some intelligent students don't even ask question(s) in the class

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 23, 2022
As you have pointed out,intelligent people are about their curiosity, the willingness to inquire about the unknown, intelligent people are able to sit have a view about a certain perspective directly from their point of view and them zoom out and look at it from an orbital point of view to have a proper understanding of a subject, any persons who do not limit their willingness to learn something new are considered intelligent, intelligent people do not think out of a box because with them the box doesn't exist,also they are aware that human potentials are limited by the society therefore they don't grade people by occupation rather by what you can offer,I can go on,this is the kinds of topics I love to see on naira land,this is good stay focused and remain curiouse for the greater good.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Fairview1: 10:48am On Jul 23, 2022
fman:

I don't ask questions (I meant be given a wrong answer).
It makes one vulnerable.
I rather observe and experiment.
And most importantly
I make empirical researches and
Findings.

How then do you make research if you don't ask questions? I think research comes from seeking to know what's not obvious to you by asking questions, either through Google, questionnaire, obsrsavation, introspection etc...

I can assure you that many people you see on nairaland got to discover her out of curiosity through questionnairing.

9 Likes

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Fairview1: 10:52am On Jul 23, 2022
omale88:
As you have pointed out,intelligent people are about their curiosity, the willingness to inquire about the unknown, intelligent people are able to sit have a view about a certain perspective directly from their point of view and them zoom out and look at it from an orbital point of view to have a proper understanding of a subject, any persons who do not limit their willingness to learn something new are considered intelligent, intelligent people do not think out of a box because with them the box doesn't exist,also they are aware that human potentials are limited by the society therefore they don't grade people by occupation rather by what you can offer,I can go on,this is the kinds of topics I love to see on naira land,this is good stay focused and remain curiouse for the greater good.

Your opinion is noble and I like the way you objectively put your comment, most especially the last line.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by Fairview1: 10:56am On Jul 23, 2022
khadaffi:

I love this. How long have you been teaching?

1 Like

Re: Easy Ways To Identify Intelligent People by AtikuOkowa: 10:57am On Jul 23, 2022
Intelligent once rarely ask questions, they would like to ask, but upon realising that they understand it, they refuse.

They only ask you to tie you with your words in arguments.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

HELP! Is Surname The First Name Or Last Name? / Funny!!-- See What This Lecturer Did Inside The Classroom - AIFCE / Okorogheye Orisheneye David Gets 9 A1 In WAEC And Scores 332 In JAMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.