Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,998 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief (47913 Views)

14-Year-Old Zamfara Bandit, Sani Suleiman, Who Rapes Female Victims Arrested / Hoodlums Attack Kobomoje, Ibadan. Kill People, Burn Houses, Cart Away Valuables / Fulani Herdsmen Kill People Along Makurdi Naka Road (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief by Fira09(m): 12:42pm On Jul 23, 2022
I don’t kidnap, I only kill people – Aleru, Zamfara terrorist ‘chief’
Widespread public outcry greeted the coronation of the wanted terrorist as a head of the Fulani in Yandoton Daji emirate.

Notorious banditry kingpin, Ada Aleru, who was recently named the Sarkin Fulani Yandoton Daji Emirate (the head of the Fulani in Yandoton Daji) in a chilling confession, said he does not kidnap people but kills them.

The coronation of Mr Aleru, who is the leading terrorist in Tsafe and Faskari axis of Zamfara and Katsina states, generated public outcry across the country.

The state government, subsequently, suspended the Emir of the town, Aliyu Marafa, who conferred the title on Mr Aleru, who is wanted in neighbouring Katsina State for mass killings.

The Katsina government placed a bounty of N5 million on information leading to the arrest of Mr Aleru, who is accused of killing 52 people in Kadisau, a community in Faskari Local Government in 2019.

In his first and only known interview with the media, Mr Aleru told the BBC that he is angry with Hausas and the Nigerian government.

In a documentary titled “The Bandit Warlords of Zamfara” billed to be aired 25 July 2022, Mr Aleru said while his men kidnap people, he is only interested in killing people.

“My men do that; I just go and kill them (people),” Mr Aleru said.

An unnamed associate of Mr Aleru told the BBC Africa Eye team that “the Fulani are systematically excluded from government jobs and other economic opportunities, and that the Nigerian air force attacks innocent Fulani herders and kills their cattle. “How have the Fulani become so worthless in Nigeria?” he asks.”

He lamented that the grazing routes the Fulani relied on upon have been closed off while land and water have become very scarce.

We bought more rifles – Abductors of school girls
The BBC also interviewed the terrorists who abducted pupils from the Government Girls Secondary School in Jangebe, Talata Mafara local government area of Zamfara State.

While the state government insisted that no ransom was paid, the unnamed bandit said they were paying N60 million before they released the pupils.

When asked what they did with the money, he said, “We bought more rifles.”

Distressing scenes, including that of a boy dying from a gunshot wound, were also released in the documentary.

I remember how he raised his head to look at me while he was in that condition,” the boy’s father told the BBC. “It pains me how much my boy suffered…I am devastated.”

The BBC said it gathered that the teenage boy, whose sister was among the abducted Jangebe school girls, was killed by security forces.

Part of the findings by the documentary team was the growing bitterness against the Fulani community by the Hausa community, which was evident in the encounter between the team and residents of Kurfar Danya.

“If allowed, we will kill every Fulani man, even in the town,” says one of the vigilantes, “because they killed our mothers, our fathers, our children, and dumped their bodies here.” A resident declared in protest the killing of over 200 people by the terrorists.

Residents took the reporter to sites of mass graves. The documentary further confirms that the violence in the region is largely aggravated by vengeance, rather than protection. The vigilante groups are largely residents of Hausa communities.

“Many Nigerians are, quite rightly, disturbed by the idea that the violence contains elements of an ethnic conflict. But that is the inescapable conclusion from listening to the voices in this film,” the BBC said in a statement announcing the release of the documentary.

“It’s obvious it is tribal,” says Hassan Dantawaye, a terrorist who was among the first Fulani men to bring guns into Zamfara and take up arms at the head of a terror gang. “If not, how can someone pass settlements but burn down only the Fulani ones? Why would a Fulani kill an innocent Hausa? Clearly, it’s a tribal conflict.”

The BBC Africa Eye said the documentary seeks to offer its contribution towards the unravelling of the conflict.

“The Bandit Warlords of Zamfara offers no simple explanation for the crisis that is destroying lives across northwestern Nigeria. But it does reveal, with painful clarity, the human cost of violence. There are mothers here who have seen their children slaughtered in front of their eyes, families who have been displaced from their homes, and schoolchildren who are still traumatized by the nightmare of abduction and captivity.

“If Nigeria is ever to solve this crisis, the first step is to understand it. With this film, Yusuf Anka and BBC Africa Eye have made an important contribution towards that understandin."

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/544444-i-dont-kidnap-i-only-kill-people-aleru-zamfara-terrorist-chief.html

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief by Bilabong(m): 12:42pm On Jul 23, 2022
who is accused of killing 52 people in Kadisau, a community in Faskari Local Government in 2019.

Can u imagine?

He would be taken to kuje prison and subsequently released to continue his work. angry

156 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief by NowisGod109(f): 12:43pm On Jul 23, 2022
It is well with my dear country

Kindly patronise for Goli dietary supplements, waist trainers, all kinds of beauty and hair supplements and also egg transparent crates

Wholesales only

Re: I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief by Cypress042(m): 12:47pm On Jul 23, 2022
Nigeria was once a peaceful country sad

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief by booblacain(m): 12:50pm On Jul 23, 2022
I have always thought Hausa and Fulani are one and the same people. At least that is the impression Inhave always been given.

56 Likes

Re: I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief by Karlovich: 12:56pm On Jul 23, 2022
embarassed This is fake news, Buhari has sanitized the entire country.

87 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief by WibusJaga: 12:56pm On Jul 23, 2022

Sounds like; I don't drink alcohol, I only drink beer. cheesy

Anyone still wondering why our Security forces have been struggling to overcome Banditry in the North?

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief by Umsworld: 1:24pm On Jul 23, 2022
Local man is weak

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief by YoungLionken(m): 1:54pm On Jul 23, 2022
I weep for my people sometimes..

Kidnap, kill, which one isn't against the law? Which one does the constitution permits??

Jail him!!!

Re: I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 23, 2022
How come this fool is still allowed to breathe and talk undecided

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief by FalseProphet1(m): 1:54pm On Jul 23, 2022
I see this murderer dying by the hands of his own men before the end of this month.

This I have seen.

20 Likes

Re: I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief by Biliamin4567(m): 1:54pm On Jul 23, 2022
okay

Re: I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 23, 2022
See audacity oo

Re: I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief by frog12: 1:55pm On Jul 23, 2022
see what the north is turning to? they legalise killings angry angry angry

Re: I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief by Kayluka100: 1:55pm On Jul 23, 2022
If the killing is happening within your region I won't care

Re: I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief by Viktoreze(m): 1:55pm On Jul 23, 2022
Wow
Re: I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief by Felabrity: 1:55pm On Jul 23, 2022
BBC can access them but police and army can't

God help this country

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:55pm On Jul 23, 2022
Both the Zamfara State government and federal government feigned ignorance about his coronation.
Liars they are. The town there announced the date, venue and time when the coronation of a bandit and a serial murderer to be conferred a traditional title will begin. It was even reported that they sent IV and yet the authorities folded their hands and did nothing.
How they are going to convince me that they are not behind banditry in the North is something they have to explain since it was said that government emissaries were sent to witness the event while some including a commissioner and an ex DIG delivered speeches.

If Ipob hold a simple rally, operation python dance will dance trouble in the whole south east before that rally begin. But here where a live coronation of a bandit was going on where criminals from an A to Z list attended, the authorities embraced them and are now denying it angry

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief by inoki247: 1:55pm On Jul 23, 2022
You be abattoir or mortuary cos I no understand undecided undecided

Re: I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief by BUSHHUNTER: 1:55pm On Jul 23, 2022
This is what you get when a country is forcefully merged with cows

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief by Raxxye(m): 1:55pm On Jul 23, 2022
Buhari just emboldened them in their atrocities!

Re: I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief by BankyGee(m): 1:55pm On Jul 23, 2022
Killers will be killed. Simple cool

Re: I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief by jojothaiv(m): 1:55pm On Jul 23, 2022
And the north continues with their poorly written Netflix script, they should keep up with the theatrics.....

Re: I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief by Splitmind: 1:56pm On Jul 23, 2022
Exactly, we should leave this innocent man alone since he has been accepted by the community. All of you trying to rubbish him and throw stones at the North should be ashamed of yourselves.

Re: I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief by PointZerom: 1:56pm On Jul 23, 2022

Buhari's only problem is Nnamdi Kanu.

25 Likes

Re: I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief by tillaman(m): 1:56pm On Jul 23, 2022
sad

Re: I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief by OgaTheTop2: 1:56pm On Jul 23, 2022

Re: I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief by princeemmma(m): 1:56pm On Jul 23, 2022
you must be mad, see this one, kidnappers even better pass killer,

You know dey kidnap, but you dey kill, kidnappers will collect ransom and leave the people in captives

But you be killer, you kill anybody without any specific reasons

Both are even the same

Re: I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief by iamyemiakins(m): 1:56pm On Jul 23, 2022
Fear North!

Re: I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief by einsteine(m): 1:57pm On Jul 23, 2022
Sounds like the bandits are Hausas attacking Fulanis.

Re: I Don't Kidnap, I Only Kill People – Aleru, Zamfara Bandit Chief by Ogbuu101: 1:57pm On Jul 23, 2022
Karlovich:
embarassed This is fake news, Buhari has sanitized the entire country.
Vulture griller

Man Beats Wife To Death 2 Weeks After She Gave Birth In Rivers State (photos) / Ugandan Girl Commits Suicide After Father Caught Her Having Sex On His Bed / 15-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Delta Over Love; Mourned By Friends (Photos)