Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,404 members, 7,812,192 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

5 Lies About Affiliate Marketing The Gurus Have Made You To Believe! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Lies About Affiliate Marketing The Gurus Have Made You To Believe! (1089 Views)

What Is The Buzz About Affiliate Marketing? / Common Lies About Working From Home As A Nigerian / The Biggest Lies People Told Me About Entrepreneurship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Lies About Affiliate Marketing The Gurus Have Made You To Believe! by Samueladediran(m): 1:33pm On Jul 24, 2022
So you might have heard what affiliate marketing is right?

But let me not assume. Let me start from scratch, using layman’s terms

Affiliate marketing is simply, recommending products and services owned by other people, to your friends, contacts or readers, and…

…getting paid a referral commission every time someone makes a purchase through your recommendation

In simpler terms, you recommend products or services to people who need them, and once they purchase them, you get paid.

You don’t have to be the owner of the product.

You don’t have to create the product.

You don’t have to warehouse anything at all

All you have to do is;…

…Recommend It and Get Paid Your Commission. SIMPLE!

They are tons of companies that have their own affiliate programs where you can join, choose a product and start recommending in order to get paid your commissions

In Nigeria, we have Jumia, Konga, who sell Physical products.

Abroad, we have Clickbank, which started basically by selling digital products.

So you as an affiliate, all you have to do is pick a product you know you can sell, get your own customized link, share with the people you know will buy it, and once they do, you get paid.

Still, confused a bit? Here is an example.

Let’s say you see a product, like a weight loss product.

The owner or creator of the product sells it for N9,000

And he gives out N3,000 as commission for every sale made by an affiliate.

What this means is, if as an affiliate, you make 10 sales of that product, you get paid…

…N3000 * 10 pieces =
N30,000 pure cash for you

Sweet eh?

It is that simple, but…

…in spite of how simple it looks, the majority of people who started this business model dont make money from it

They do everything, post on their social media accounts, tell their family and friends, use WhatsApp TVs to promote, do seminars and all the marketing they are instructed to do.

But at the end, they make little or no sales.

Why

It is because,…

…Most People, Including You Have Been Deceived By Sweet Tongues Of Most Gurus!

Yes, most gurus simply use sugar-coated words just to get you to buy a course that makes them huge commission, while you are stuck with no way out.

If you are in this rut now, I understand and I’m going to help you.

The first way to get out of this rut or hole the gurus have left you is to;

…identify the lies first!

And I have picked out 5 of these big lies that might be holding you and a host of others, back from succeeding with affiliate marketing

Here there are;

1. Affiliate Marketing Is About Selling One Particular High Priced Product And Making N30k Commission;

This lie is a very huge one that almost all new people in the affiliate marketing world face in Nigeria…

Lots of self-acclaimed “gurus” sell one particular digital product that makes them up to N30,000 in commissions.

And guess what?

They teach this same thing to new buyers, who in turn start telling people to buy that same digital course and…

…the cycle goes over and over again.

Infact, it has become so strong to the point that when you ask someone what affiliate marketing is, they tell you that it is about selling that particular digital product.

Now, get me; there is nothing wrong with the product at all, but the approach the gurus are marketing it, is totally wrong

Affiliate marketing is not about selling one particular product and getting N30k in commissions.

Rather, affiliate marketing is selling any product or services, digital or physical, that you didn’t create or own, and getting a commission for each sale you make

Meaning that you can sell anything as an affiliate and still get paid, be it a course on make money online, weight loss, plumbing service and so on and so forth.

Infact, I know people who sell houses as affiliates and get paid over N1,000,000 in commission for one sale.

So, affiliate marketing is not tied to one product my good friend
Re: 5 Lies About Affiliate Marketing The Gurus Have Made You To Believe! by Samueladediran(m): 2:09pm On Jul 24, 2022
2. Affiliate Marketing Is By Picking One Hot Product And Sell It

This one is another big lie my friend

Let’s think about this for a second;
Why do you buy food at a canteen?  Because you need to eat when you start feeling hungry right?

But once you are satisfied, do you still buy more food at the canteen just because the canteen is full of people eating or because the food is still fresh?

I guess not.

Likewise, a product doesn’t become hot on its own.

A product becomes a HOT PRODUCT, when a lot of people are demanding for it, especially when this product fills a need or solves a problem.

This is exactly how a product becomes HOT.

But you know the gurus, they tell you, “PICK A HOT PRODUCT”, and start marketing it, without telling you exactly what makes a product hot.

If you have been believing this lie, it is time you discard it from your mindset.
Re: 5 Lies About Affiliate Marketing The Gurus Have Made You To Believe! by Samueladediran(m): 10:10am On Jul 27, 2022
3. You Can Start Affiliate Marketing With Zero Capital

I’m sorry my friend, this is another huge lie
You need money to start affiliate marketing, just as you need cash to start up for every other business

I don’t know why these so-called gurus are fabricating this kind of claim without thinking it through

You just think about it;

How will you buy Data to reach out to your prospects?

How will you get trained to learn these secrets? (You are reading this because you spent money on data to connect to the Internet, not so?)

How will you get more prospects you can do business with?

How will you get the needed tools that will help you carry your business effectively?

All these have to be accomplished by spending money

So does that sound like starting with Zero Capital?

Do you see the deception in it?

And that is exactly why they tell you and others who wish to start affiliate marketing business, so that you pay through their link and they earn their commissions.

This lie has made a lot of people buy courses and do nothing about it, ending up calling it a scam.

The truth is that; you might not start with very huge capital. It can be as low as N50,000

But the claim to start without any capital; that’s a total deceptive lie.

4. You Need ONLY Your Smartphone And WhatsApp To Make Money With Affiliate Marketing

I laugh a lot whenever I hear this because that is what most people want to hear, to do business with smartphones only.

That is how they get you and most people to buy these courses and gain their commissions.

Let me be honest here, you can start doing affiliate marketing with your phone. And I advise that.

But, to set it up decently and good enough to convince your prospects to buy from you, you need to have access to laptop or computer to do that.

Just think about it again;

How do you think the gurus do advertise online?

How do you think they create super professional and attractive websites that convince you to buy from them?

How do you think they send you emails regularly?

How do you think they create the videos you watch?

They are able to do this because they own a computer or a laptop to create these things

So, while you can start your business with your phone, you need to have access to any of these to be able to set it up effectively and make more money from your affiliate business.

But if you can’t afford on now, you can use a friends laptop or cyber cafe at the meantime until you are able to raise money to get one for your business.

5. You Need To Continue Promoting And Wait For Months Before You Make Your First Sale With Affiliate Marketing

This one, is the biggest lie ever

You see the gurus telling you about, “Continue to post“, “Don’t Give Up“, “I made My first sale after 4 months“

That is because they didn’t know how to make it work then, that is why it took them so long.

Listen closely to this;
You can make your first sale in affiliate marketing in 48 hours or less, if you know what you are doing.

Yes, in less than 48 Hours because I have done so myself countless of times.

Here is why I say so

Remember the food illustration I gave at Point 2 above?

Why did you buy the food at the canteen? Because you were hungry at that time…
Now, if someone came to meet you at that time of your hunger and tries to sell a shoe, would you listen to him?

I guess not!

But that is exactly what the gurus teach.

They teach you to force the product into the faces of everyone you meet, even if the person has not really shown that he or she needs it.

They tell you that, “Everyone is your customer“.

This leads to frustration and failure.

That is why a lot of affiliates give up the race before they get started.

Listen; you cannot sell a beauty product to a mother who is looking to treat fibroid just because all women are conscious of their looks

Neither can you sell a business opportunity to a man who wants to relocate to Canada by all means because he is tired of staying in Nigeria

If you have these kinds of people as prospects, it will take you a long time to convince them to buy the product from you, if at all they will buy it

So, you need to meet people who are looking for that solution and sell to them. And once they are convinced, you will not have to wait for months before making sales.

Now, these 5 lies I just shared are not all of them, but these are ones I can lay my hand on.

And no doubt, I know that you have heard these lies, even if you have not done affiliate marketing before.

Now that you know this, I know you might be asking;

“So what is ‘THE RIGHT WAY’ to build a profitable affiliate business without falling for these lies?“

Connect me to know more

You can also check out "How To Identify A Profitable Business Opportunity No Matter How Harsh The Economy" by clicking here
https://psammmiekkonsult.com.ng/sedp
Re: 5 Lies About Affiliate Marketing The Gurus Have Made You To Believe! by 3RNEST(m): 9:27pm On Nov 09, 2023
Wow,love this secret

(1) (Reply)

Should We Quit The #60,000 Job We Just Got? / Data Analytics Job Postings. Both Remote And Hybrid / Bank Job Or Lecturing Job Which Will You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.