Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,459 members, 7,836,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Visa Fee Refund - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visa Fee Refund (1401 Views)

Us Visa Fee / German Visa Fee / Canadian Visa Fee? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visa Fee Refund by domamaobi: 10:45am On Aug 01, 2011
Pls does anyone know how i can make the UK embassy refund my hard earned money. I have gotten a 2yr visa before which expired in 2009. I applied for a 5yr visa for which i paid a whooping N126,360 and was this month and was issued a 6monts visa worth only N19,760. I need a refund!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Visa Fee Refund by domamaobi: 10:47am On Aug 01, 2011
This is day light robbery from a foreigner and in my own country for that matter!!!!!
Re: Visa Fee Refund by OmoTier1(m): 10:58am On Aug 01, 2011
dom-amaobi:

This is day light robbery from a foreigner and in my own country for that matter!!!!!
No refund, what you should have done is check your visas when you received it to make sure the correct visas was issued to you and if not, contact them immediately for them to make amends.

What you may be able to do is give them a call and request for them to issue you the correct visas.

1 Like

Re: Visa Fee Refund by domamaobi: 11:30am On Aug 01, 2011
Thanks my bother, been trying the customer line but its been busy.
Re: Visa Fee Refund by juzme: 11:32am On Aug 01, 2011
I think it was a fair play. Perhaps, the visa officer thought you are not qualify for 5 years visa hence the 6 and you on the other hands thought you may qualify for 5 years visa.  Again visiting visa is issued on the visa officer’s discretion.  The visa officer can as well refuse you visa and you won’t get any refund. Sometimes issuance visa does not matter whether you were granted visa before or not.
Re: Visa Fee Refund by domamaobi: 11:38am On Aug 01, 2011
Good enough, but this kinda thing should not happen in this country. You shudn't earn money on a work you did not do. If they consider me not qualified for 5rs, they should refund me any amounts in excess of the 6monts and srevice fees
Re: Visa Fee Refund by juzme: 12:01pm On Aug 01, 2011
I could understand how you feel and of course it is sad to see your money going for what you never budget it for. But you have to look at this in another dimension, that issuance of visa depends on visa officer’s discretion and that the responsibility lies on you to know if you will meet their visa requirements and apply for the correct visa. Otherwise you are liable to lose your money. It can as well happen in any country.
If there is refund policy then you may get your money back but unfortunately there is no refund.
Re: Visa Fee Refund by demminic: 12:22pm On Aug 01, 2011
Unfortunately,its always stated that there is no refund but I believe you can still get the refund cause you applied for 5yrs visa and the visa fee differs to each other.you can try source for an immigration lawyer to write on your behalf.You can be lucky cause uk issue visa based on document and if you can get a good document to back your visa fee refund.goodluck.
Re: Visa Fee Refund by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 01, 2011
You won't get a refund. However, it may be possible to get your issued visa ammended, but I wouldn't hold my breath with regards that.

Visa fees are non-refundable, and applicants are made aware of this fact when applying.
Re: Visa Fee Refund by domamaobi: 1:46pm On Aug 01, 2011
Thanks great people, will give it a try and update u guys.
Re: Visa Fee Refund by OmoTier1(m): 2:48pm On Aug 01, 2011
dom-amaobi:

Thanks great people, will give it a try and update u guys.

if you visas was issued very recently and the travel date you indicated you will be travelling is still a couple of weeks off, then e-mail the correspondent units or better still go back to the application centre where you collected the application and you will be briefed what to do.

The mistake must have been made by the section who stamps visas, guess someone's cup of tea got cold!

1 Like

Re: Visa Fee Refund by domamaobi: 2:54pm On Aug 01, 2011
Many thanks

(1) (Reply)

Round Trip To Lagos From Dallas Tx Is $1,021 With Delta Airlines / Easyjet To Operate In Africa As Fastjet / Pictures: Africa’s First Underwater Hotel Room Opens In Zanzibar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.