Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1220838 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1210) (1211) (1212) (1213) (1214) (1215) (1216) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by francophone134: 8:06am On Jun 20, 2023
Iceboyblog:
Good morning everyone
Please I applied for study permit on May 9 did biometric on May 15 on June 8 I got a refusal letter, few minutes later that same day I got a medical request stating I should go for medical within 30 and later that same day they sent BVL letter and now my medical status is showing we are reviewing your medical when I haven't done medical,and in my status tracker it is showing my medical documents number every other section has been completed only medical and background check that is showing in progress
omo I think this is error on their part o. You can reach out to them via email and webform. Use the title "URGENT"

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cutiemirror: 8:26am On Jun 20, 2023
I canceled a pending payment from flywire Please will still get the money back, because I was debited in bank account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Julskent: 8:27am On Jun 20, 2023
Hi guys, please I want to start the application for my study permit.

I have the total funds in my account, 25m+. All gotten from crypto trading and investments which isn't an actual job and cannot be proven.

My question is how do I go about it? Do I send it to my father's account and make him send it back to my account as a gift deed? Please I need an advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cutiemirror: 8:43am On Jun 20, 2023
My payment was pending on Flywire so I have canceled it. Flywire has debit the money from my bank account. How will I get my money back
tenderjunkie:

If the payment is successful on flywire, Seneca will definitely receive it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by wizzyrainy(m): 8:57am On Jun 20, 2023
I also applied Memorial university.
Dm me here plus nine seven one five four five six eight nine two seven one
idirect:
Hello everyone, who has gotten an offer letter from college of the North Atlantic (CNA) for Fall 2023? I applied some couple of months ago and they just went blank on me.
I have also applied to memorial university for Winter 2024, is there anyone who applied there?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by angie88: 9:06am On Jun 20, 2023
I think u should go and do d medicals and submit and also raise a webform.
Iceboyblog:
Good morning everyone
Please I applied for study permit on May 9 did biometric on May 15 on June 8 I got a refusal letter, few minutes later that same day I got a medical request stating I should go for medical within 30 and later that same day they sent BVL letter and now my medical status is showing we are reviewing your medical when I haven't done medical,and in my status tracker it is showing my medical documents number every other section has been completed only medical and background check that is showing in progress

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kweje: 9:18am On Jun 20, 2023
Hi Fam,
Would auxiliary nursing training done in an hospital be considered a Vocational training? Applicant has certificate for it.
Not sure if to answer YES or NO on the question on the portal that says . Have you have any Post Sec Education or Vocational Training?

Using google, it kind of said Licensed Practical Nursing in Canada is a vocation.
Any input please…
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iceboyblog: 9:22am On Jun 20, 2023
How do I inform them by webform and know the actual office they are processing my application

quote author=angie88 post=123914257]I think u should go and do d medicals and submit and also raise a webform.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by francophone134: 9:30am On Jun 20, 2023
Iceboyblog:
How do I inform them by webform and know the actual office they are processing my application

quote author=angie88 post=123914257]I think u should go and do d medicals and submit and also raise a webform.
I'm not sure but often time I think most application goes to the nearest embassy from your home country (for those whose country doesn't have Canadian embassy). In the case of Nigeria, the nearest is Nairobi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cutiemirror: 9:45am On Jun 20, 2023
What option for application fee

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 9:58am On Jun 20, 2023
Julskent:
Hi guys, please I want to start the application for my study permit.

I have the total funds in my account, 25m+. All gotten from crypto trading and investments which isn't an actual job and cannot be proven.

My question is how do I go about it? Do I send it to my father's account and make him send it back to my account as a gift deed? Please I need an advice.

It can actually, I cannot remember the person, but there was someone here who used his crypto portfolio, I think he showed his trading portfolio and explained it.

The other option is Pay for full tuition and buy GIC for living expenses. Then you won't need to rely so much on the statement.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Zane2point4(m): 10:03am On Jun 20, 2023
Iceboyblog:

quote author=angie88 post=123914257]I think u should go and do d medicals and submit and also raise a webform.

If i were you ,i will book for medicals and submit’
It was error on there part and they corrected it by sending you medical request after confirming the error,go and do it anyway it goes you hv nothing to loose on having a medical sheet done.
Then also raise a webform and adress it like someone said!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 10:03am On Jun 20, 2023
francophone134:
I'm not sure but often time I think most application goes to the nearest embassy from your home country (for those whose country doesn't have Canadian embassy). In the case of Nigeria, the nearest is Nairobi

Temporary residents' applications from Nigeria are processed in Nairobi, though sometimes cases might be reassigned to other offices to speed up the process.

Permanent residents' applications from Nigeria are treated in Accra Office.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Zane2point4(m): 10:15am On Jun 20, 2023
daisy1:
PPR ALERT!!

My PPR came in today at 7am.

I am a first time applicant and I have had  a USA B1 visa refusal before.

BACKGROUND
My initial target was to go to the UK to school because everyone I spoke to said Canada was hard to get into. Last year I applied to about 5 schools, 2 in UK and 3 in Canada.

Fanshawe responded really quickly, I almost didn't take it as I wanted George Brown, they had a course a bit closer to what I currently do, but one mind was like, just take what you see first, so I accepted their offer and I paid 9k CAD using my GTBank USD card.  2-3 months later, none of the other schools I applied to accepted me, George brown I really wanted, said my study gap was more than 5 years as the last time I was in school was in 2011.

I then came on nairaland and I read as much as I could from here, I even asked questions and I got responses. In my case, I have a fulltime job and 2 different side gigs, that pay me monthly so I needed to know if this would not affect me as I am self-funded.

THE APPLICATION

I did not need to write IELTS or verify my documents via WES.
My application to Fanshawe was done via www.applyboard.com.
I wrote my SOP myself, ensuring that I use headlines to break it so that it doesn't become a long read. One key thing I did here was explain how as an accounting graduate, I pivoted into Marketing. I treated my SOP as a story, ensuring that I hit the high notes really quickly without boring or oversharing irrelevant information. The headlines and a brief synopsis for what each section contains can be found below:

YOUR NAME
The Visa Officer,
Deputy High Commission of Canada,
Lagos Nigeria.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

- Introduction: In this section, I gave my name, a bit of my educational background and the course I want to go and study in Canada. I ended this section with saying how this course will improve my career

ABOUT ME
In this section, I gave some info about my family, If you are married, state that, have kids, state it here

ACADEMIC BACKGROUND
in this section, I gave more information about my education, I only have a BSC in accounting, so to set the ball rolling for why I want to take a different path in my studies, I stated why I am making the switch to a different course of study.

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
in this section, I talked about my work experience, showing a clear progression of my career from after university to date.

REASONS FOR PURSUING (INSERT YOUR COURSE NAME HERE) COURSE IN CANADA
here I talked about why pursuing this course in Canada was important to me, in my case it was very important to get an additional degree in the field I currently work in, if I wanted to advance in my career.

WHY FANSHAWE COLLEGE IN CANADA?
ExIplain why you chose this school and not any other. It would be great to look through your school's website and find out what makes them standout and add it in this section.

SPONSORSHIP OF MY CANADA STUDY TRIP
Explain who is sponsoring the trip, if you are self sponsored like me, state how much you earn monthly, if you paid any part of your fees, state it here, state how much you have kept aside for upkeep. If you are sponsored by someone, tell the story about why this person will pay your fees, show a clear relationship and also state their monthly revenue or salary.

MY FUTURE PLAN
here I talked about what I will do with the Canadian degree when I return to Nigeria

Overall, Make sure you stick to the point, tell a clear story about your life. The general rule of thumb for font size/type on SOP is times new roman, size 12 with a line spacing of 1.5 (I don't know if this is important, but it does make your writeup look neater.

THE SUBMISSION
I submitted my application on March 30, these are documents I submitted
I used the GCKey portal to submit.
- All the IMM forms
- Letter of acceptance
- Passport
- Digital photo
- Medical e-sheet
- Proof of funds (MBS for my USD account as well as MBS for my Naira account, Payment receipt from Flywire to fanshawe)
- Client Information (see all the documents below)
- SOP
- Invoices I sent to clients for my side gig
- My Payoneer account print out (if you are a freelancer, you will know what this is)
- A picture of my car
- My car ownership papers
- My old scheghen visa
-My full time job contract showing clearly that I am still going to be working for them, I am not on leave. This was my home tie. I did not need a study leave letter because of this.
- Shares certificate I received from this fulltime job.

THE WAIT
This is the timeline after submission
- Upfront medical IOM - March 20
- Apllication was submitted - March 30
- Confirmation of application - March 31
- Biometrics letter - March 31
Biometrics done - April 5
Then silence...
I scheduled emails via my gmail to send to the IRCC emails, Newyork, beijing, nairobi at least once a day. I just scheduled the email for 10 days in like 1 hour and I just left it, same email no changes and my subject line was URGENT - STUDY PERMIT.
May 30 - Medical passed
June 8 - Correspondence letter (BVL)
Then silence again, it was unusual as BVL comes a few hours before PPR but mine didn't, so I started researching again. Then angie88 told me to create an account via https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login to check if I would see my visa document number. On June 9, I checked and my visa and study permit numbers were there under the Document status. I sent a couple of emails but I got a generic response.

THE FINAL APPROVAL.
During the weekend, I had scheduled like 42 emails to go out to all IRCC offices starting from 10am today, but at 7am, I got the PPR. I had to stop all the scheduled emails immediately
June 19 - PPR

TIMELINE
- Upfront medical IOM - March 20
- Application was submitted - March 30
- Confirmation of application - March 31
- Biometrics letter - March 31
- Biometrics done - April 5 (Updated on GCkey same day)
- May 30 - Medical passed
- June 8 - Correspondence letter (BVL)
- June 19 - PPR
Whats the reason for the long wait,someone inknow did medicals and after 2wks he got ppr!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ayobamiaz: 10:16am On Jun 20, 2023
How much is C$ rate as of today.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AskGod07: 10:23am On Jun 20, 2023
Please where they asked The cost of my studies will be ?

Note: I’m going for 2 years course

Should I write my tuition fees for 1 years or 2 years ?

Also for Room and board and other 1 years or 2 years ?

Lastly, my maternal uncle want to sponsor me by support with 10m. Will I choose Myself or Other and write My self and my maternal uncle where they asked My expenses in Canada will be paid by ?

Please house advise !!!!!

Urgent

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Vitamink: 10:36am On Jun 20, 2023
Please is Sheridan international college a pgwp eligible school? What is their application fee and tuition deposit fee? Any one already had admission and visa approval ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by angie88: 10:40am On Jun 20, 2023
Just use d webform links dat has been posted here to send webform, it will b forwarded to d one responsible. Also use emails.. but make sure u do d medicals
Iceboyblog:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 10:45am On Jun 20, 2023
AskGod07:
Please where they asked The cost of my studies will be ?

Note: I’m going for 2 years course

Should I write my tuition fees for 1 years or 2 years ?

Also for Room and board and other 1 years or 2 years ?

Lastly, my maternal uncle want to sponsor me by support with 10m. Will I choose Myself or Other and write My self and my maternal uncle where they asked My expenses in Canada will be paid by ?

Please house advise !!!!!

Urgent

Yes for 2 years to both questions

Your uncle and yourself
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Josh121(m): 10:48am On Jun 20, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Your uncle and yourself

Should one write 10k for room and board?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 10:53am On Jun 20, 2023
Cutiemirror:
My payment was pending on Flywire so I have canceled it. Flywire has debit the money from my bank account. How will I get my money back
Send an email to flywire
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AskGod07: 11:01am On Jun 20, 2023
Bobomaigida kudus to you

Bobomaigida:

Your uncle and yourself
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AskGod07: 11:04am On Jun 20, 2023
Another question!!!!!

I’m filling my study permit on gckey and asked this question

Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada ?

I just got PPR for VV I applied since 2012.

Can I answer Yes and give details

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chechem: 11:14am On Jun 20, 2023
Vitamink:
Please is Sheridan international college a pgwp eligible school? What is their application fee and tuition deposit fee? Any one already had admission and visa approval ?
yes they are, application is $100 and you have to pay for a term withing 2 weeks of admission. No deposits...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 11:14am On Jun 20, 2023
Josh121:

Should one write 10k for room and board?

Yes

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 11:16am On Jun 20, 2023
AskGod07:
Another question!!!!!

I’m filling my study permit on gckey and asked this question

Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada ?

I just got PPR for VV I applied since 2012.

Can I answer Yes and give details

Yes you have to
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AskGod07: 11:19am On Jun 20, 2023
Bobomaigida thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaymay222: 11:26am On Jun 20, 2023
kayceeskay:
Your tuition fee 9K
Cost of living (833 per month, but to be on the safe side do 10k if you can)
Extra expenses 3K

Convert it to naira using todays fx rate

What you need is 11Million give or take

thank you so much , can someone gift it to me ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Eboski(m): 11:36am On Jun 20, 2023
Olasum:
Good morning, i was offered an admission at CAN college in Canada which i plan to proceed but a friend of mine putting me through said the school is not on PGWP list, that it doesn't have PGWP number just like DLI. I tried mailing them which this there response is a bit confusing. If there is anyone who can assist in shedding more light, i will be glad to have a response. Thanks .

Dm we have a WhatsApp just Dm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Christyiji: 12:18pm On Jun 20, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Why don't you try the tracker to know the exact state of the application.

I have been trying to do so since by first checking for my UCI as I have not cramed it but looks like this their website is having issues lately because I have not been able to login to my portal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by soojar(m): 12:22pm On Jun 20, 2023
Today's rate for your POF

1CAD = N511

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by IamAlexander: 12:25pm On Jun 20, 2023
Good afternoon house...

My wife wants to go for a two-year diploma with our son. In terms of proof of funds, will US$45k be sufficient for the VO to approve her study permit?

Also, do I need to move the entire funds to her account for payment of schools and living expenses before applying for the student visa?

Thank you for your time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1210) (1211) (1212) (1213) (1214) (1215) (1216) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.