Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,353 members, 7,860,924 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:04 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1291071 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1259) (1260) (1261) (1262) (1263) (1264) (1265) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wonders247: 2:54am On Jul 07, 2023
justmoveglobal:
I understand how visa refusal can be but don't be discourage you need to refire, can you give details about her proof of funds because paying tuition fee is not enough

Same issue with my sister, 1) please are you in Canada
2) if you are did your sister mentioned you in her sop?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wonders247: 2:59am On Jul 07, 2023
zubizareta:

This is strange. They refused her application after they sent medical request. Kindly order your cbsc notes. Don't even bother reapplying without it. Could be a mistake from their part.

Please what is cbsc notes @zubizareta
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Realpaulpat(m): 3:06am On Jul 07, 2023
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pristine664: 3:12am On Jul 07, 2023
adepeju1911:
Please how do I get my passport back from VFS? What I understand before now was 2way courier from DHL when I got to DHL office I was told it can only be one way and VFS will contact me once the passport is stamped.

My passport is ready and dont know how to get it. I checked their website and I saw the courier is 30k but I do i make them know i have paid and show proof of payment?

Please help me I am confused

Did Vsf contact you that your passport is ready??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leebeedo(m): 4:37am On Jul 07, 2023
justmoveglobal:
You can use the webform to add your medical
Please see the link below to update your medical
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application

Thanks for the insight. I've also been issued visitors visa to Canada after I submitted my application for study permit. Do I need to update my application with this detail as well?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Omowunmibaby: 5:38am On Jul 07, 2023
Hi everyone,
Am currently in the Uk on a student visa with my family and I intend to apply for a study visa in canada. And with the heart breaking stories of denied visa from UAE, I have been have great concerns. Has anyone applied from Uk or any other country and was approved. What was done differently?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by emekatimsu(m): 6:14am On Jul 07, 2023
Hello house, please I really need help. My application for study visa was submitted on the 12th of June and I got my medical request on the 29th of June. However I experienced difficulty with booking for my medical appointment with IOM. (I didn't do upfront medicals).
Eventually I contacted the IOM office via email and they booked me for 28th of July for my medical.
Now the challenge I am having is that according to the IRCC request they stated that I must undergo the medical examination withing 30 days of the request. Between 29th June and 28th July is exactly 30days and IOM take an average of 2-3 days to forward the medical result to IRCC. Making it a total of 32 or 33days.

Have anyone been in this type of situation and how did he/she handle it. I have written to IOM Abuja about rescheduling my medical appointment for an earlier date but I have not gotten any response from them. From the medical request I got,there is a option of contacting IRCC if I can't meet up within the 30days request. I don't even know how to contact them for the Date extension.
The two requests I have is does anyone know how I can reach IOM Abuja call lines (the one in there website isn't going) to book me earlier than 28th July OR how do I contact IRCC to extend my request date?

Abeg anyone knowledgeable about this should bail me out else wahala don dey so o.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 6:34am On Jul 07, 2023
yansky:

does my partner property also count as a way to prove home times or it has to be in the applicants name?

Yes. Since you are going together.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 6:36am On Jul 07, 2023
Wonders247:

Same issue with my sister, 1) please are you in Canada
2) if you are did your sister mentioned you in her sop?

Mentioning your sister in Canada isn't a crime. I did mention mine
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chinnychappy90: 6:59am On Jul 07, 2023
Go to there office with a copy of the medical request. Plead with them to gibe you a closer date. They always do.
emekatimsu:
Hello house, please I really need help. My application for study visa was submitted on the 12th of June and I got my medical request on the 29th of June. However I experienced difficulty with booking for my medical appointment with IOM. (I didn't do upfront medicals).
Eventually I contacted the IOM office via email and they booked me for 28th of July for my medical.
Now the challenge I am having is that according to the IRCC request they stated that I must undergo the medical examination withing 30 days of the request. Between 29th June and 28th July is exactly 30days and IOM take an average of 2-3 days to forward the medical result to IRCC. Making it a total of 32 or 33days.

Have anyone been in this type of situation and how did he/she handle it. I have written to IOM Abuja about rescheduling my medical appointment for an earlier date but I have not gotten any response from them. From the medical request I got,there is a option of contacting IRCC if I can't meet up within the 30days request. I don't even know how to contact them for the Date extension.
The two requests I have is does anyone know how I can reach IOM Abuja call lines (the one in there website isn't going) to book me earlier than 28th July OR how do I contact IRCC to extend my request date?

Abeg anyone knowledgeable about this should bail me out else wahala don dey so o.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chinnychappy90: 7:04am On Jul 07, 2023
Send the E medical sheet via web form
Leebeedo:
Hi everyone, I submitted my study permit application on the 2nd of June and decided to do my medicals 2 weeks after even though I didn't get any notice to go for it. Application has been on Background Verification ever since. I would like to know if there's a way I update my application with the medicals.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chinnychappy90: 7:11am On Jul 07, 2023
For masters program, 4 years undergraduate study is a requirement. You do the research.
Bobomaigida:

Canada does not care if you have done NYSC or not, so going for NYSC is your personal choice, bear in mind that it is mandatory for Nigerian Citizens sha.

1. So you can apply for any certificate, with your 2:1, I think you should look for masters and possibly target schools that have scholarships.
2. Use google to search for this, your field is very special, so you will see many options after searching.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chinnychappy90: 7:16am On Jul 07, 2023
Someone had advised I checked at night. I first got Lufthansa for about 1.250m booked and yet to pay. I checked again by the morning and got a different amount same day for about 780k and so I canceled the first booking and made this new reservation. I really cannot explain the reason for the change in price.
Zeed13:
which airline is recommended for flying to Canada?
The prices here are very expensive.

Any list of recommendations, please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iceboyblog: 7:16am On Jul 07, 2023
Thesame with me but my refusal came before my medical instruction letter the refusal was because of same financial problem account wort 50 million naira and also a business account that is also used for business my father account they advised me to go and do the medical use the tracker to check first according to bobomaigida

quote author=iykedpetes post=124261501]Good day everyone....pls My sister applied for a study permit. After three days, they sent her a medical request. She completed the medical examination after one week. However, they refused her application based on finances, despite her having already paid the school fees. She is now confused about what to do.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cutiemirror: 7:20am On Jul 07, 2023
How can I pay my tuition deposit with my Nigeria card
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chinnychappy90: 7:26am On Jul 07, 2023
I will advise going to pick up yourself but go early coz of the crowd. With submission, you need book an appointment though I was allowed to go in without an appointment. But with collection, you do not need to book an appointment. You will get the notification. Just go early with the copy of your passport page that has the stamp. I did mine in person coz I reside in Abuja. So mine took 3 working days from submission to collection plus I didn't pay anything coz I submitted in person and choose to pick up in person as well.
Erwinjstoff:

Be patient, it’s a general issue . I submitted way before and yet to get mine.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chinnychappy90: 7:30am On Jul 07, 2023
Go to the school website and read up their requirements for the particular program you intend pursuing. If you meet the requirements, follow the application steps as stated on the school website. Application is no big deal once you meet the requirements.
Bolanle18090040:
Good afternoon everyone
Please a friend want to apply to university of Manitoba for master in management ( extended education ) but she didn’t know how to apply for the admission herself
please house help a sister
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chinnychappy90: 7:37am On Jul 07, 2023
You can't pay with your Nigeria card.
Cutiemirror:
How can I pay my tuition deposit with my Nigeria card
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by adepeju1911: 7:41am On Jul 07, 2023
Pristine664:

Did Vsf contacted you that your passport is ready??

I was not contacted but I tracked it and realised it's ready for collection.

This message;

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. ********* has been received from the IRCC Office on 2023/06/30 at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Abuja and is ready for collection. Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. Please refer to the “Buy Services” page of the VAC website for further information on courier services offered by the VAC , please refer to our website at:https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nigeria/

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lindyadam: 7:54am On Jul 07, 2023
@Chinnychappy90, What time did you book the flight for Lufthansa and what site did you use cos all i keep seeing is 1.6million.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by smiglet001: 8:07am On Jul 07, 2023
Thank you for the response. I appreciate it a lot.
ActivatedDreams:

Printed copies of:
Your biometrics letter from your portal
international passport
And your appointment date
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cutiemirror: 8:22am On Jul 07, 2023
What will I do.
Chinnychappy90:
You can't pay with your Nigeria card.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CannyNomad: 8:30am On Jul 07, 2023
Hi house.

Please is it compulsory for a sponsor to do a gift deed or pay part tution. Have people gotten study permit with just sponsors bank statement and sponsorship letter? Im asking because I will be paying 50% of my tution and also responsible for living costs for a 1yr programme. Your advice is well appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cotyozimede: 8:35am On Jul 07, 2023
[U can use any one,but I advise u use Ups cos they will help u arrange ur document and check if anyone is intactquote author=Pristine664 post=124263275]

Have you gotten your passport yet?

Please which courier service did you use?

Can I use DHL to send my passport or it must be UPS??[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cotyozimede: 8:43am On Jul 07, 2023
Go to der office.tgey will help u out,or better dey will send ur results to ircc that sameday,that is way dey did to me
emekatimsu:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Omowunmibaby: 9:02am On Jul 07, 2023
Hello house, please I need advice.
Am currently in the Uk on a student visa with my family and I intend to apply for a study visa in canada. And with the heart breaking stories of denied visa from UAE, I have been have great concerns. Has anyone applied from Uk or any other country and was approved. What was done differently?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bosmey: 9:04am On Jul 07, 2023
Good morning house. Pls i need to get an urgent information from you guys and i will be glad if i get a good response.

My 16 year old daughter just got her study permit approved and PPR. The plan was to get the approval first before her mother apply for a visit visa to help her settle down in Canada.

So my question is

1, Can we use our daughter's existing GCKey profile to apply for her mum or should we create a new profile for her

2, Should we wait for her passport to return before we submit her mother's application

3, since she is not staying permanently with her, should we choose TOURIST visa category for her or OTHER visa category as those are the only relevant categories we can click on

Thanking you in advance for your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Xixteen11: 9:12am On Jul 07, 2023
Can I go to vfs Lagos for passport submission without booking appointment?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JUANITAs30: 9:27am On Jul 07, 2023
Hi All,

Please does anyone know how I can pay my school fees from Nigeria?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cotyozimede: 9:44am On Jul 07, 2023
Noooo u can't go dey will not collect it, except u use ups that is close to VFS in Lagos.pls don't fellow those area boys oooo dey will exploit your money,and make sure u do all the nessary photo Copy and print up. Before going der
Xixteen11:
Can I go to vfs Lagos for passport submission without booking appointment?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Xixteen11: 9:48am On Jul 07, 2023
Cotyozimede:
Noooo u can't go dey will not collect it, except u use ups that is close to VFS in Lagos.pls don't fellow those area boys oooo dey will exploit your money,and make sure u do all the nessary photo Copy and print up. Before going der
Thank you very much. So I can use any UPS service close to VFS for submission even without booking an appointment right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nedu2144(m): 10:03am On Jul 07, 2023
justmoveglobal:
Hi Nedu, getting home tie is simple the following could be your home tie: families, spouse (married or engage), job, properties (asset)

Engage/married , job, assets are all out
And my families na like sibling
I no too get any ties

I left Nigeria 2022 already and will complete my study here in 2024.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1259) (1260) (1261) (1262) (1263) (1264) (1265) ... (1317)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: Slimtopx and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.