Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,699 members, 7,847,826 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 08:55 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1267974 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ddu: 3:42pm On Aug 27, 2022
Thank for your response.

bullstriker:
No, you don't. I can help you apply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Margs(f): 3:44pm On Aug 27, 2022
will be nice to get a response...

Margs:
Hello everyone,

i just two admission letters to Georgian College and St Lawrence College for Spring to study Project Management. But I have a few questions:
1. Both are one year courses. Will that affect plans for PPR
2. Is there a better school to choose from between them? Fees are close enough to be indifferent.
3. Can I switch to a two year course when I get to the schools - I am a bit worried about the short length of the courses for a subsequent work permit. But there is the issue of looking suspicious to a visa officer going to a college for two years in the middle of an 'okay' career
4. Can I apply for a new work permit in Canada after the first one expires
5. Finally, can i move to a different school in canada when I get there. i am considering moving to the atlantic region because of provincial nominations

Really sorry about the very many questions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hayoBams: 3:49pm On Aug 27, 2022
Good day everyone,

So I applied for a deferment of my admission at centennial college from September 2022 to January 2023, of which just got approved.
My question now is, do I need to send IRCC my new admission letter or not?.
Note: I've applied for my visa since may 14th.
I'd really appreciate if I can get a response.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by golor(m): 3:55pm On Aug 27, 2022
Please oh ..I applied for my study permit 16th July I HV just my biometric and medical updated no eligibility should I worry. Tho I did my biometric 27th of July and it got updated immediately.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lily89: 3:57pm On Aug 27, 2022
Please does anyone know when Fall 2023/September application will open up? Or if there are any colleges that have opened up their application for the fall/ September 2023.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fredba: 4:05pm On Aug 27, 2022
Fredba:

You only notify IRCC if your new LOA has been more than 150 days after you receive PPR
hayoBams:
Good day everyone,

So I applied for a deferment of my admission at centennial college from September 2022 to January 2023, of which just got approved.

You only notify IRCC if your new intake has been more than 150 days after you receive PPR

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hayoBams: 4:24pm On Aug 27, 2022
I don't understand what you're trying to say, could you please explain better.
Fredba:

You only notify IRCC if your new intake has been more than 150 days after you receive PPR

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chocs(f): 4:32pm On Aug 27, 2022
Hi there,

A deferral in your start date shouldn’t affect your study permit application. Although, if the new start date is 150 or more days after the start date in the initial letter of acceptance (LOA) you applied with, you are required to send IRCC the new LOA.

Cheers
hayoBams:
Good day everyone,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 4:48pm On Aug 27, 2022
Yes, You can get admission into a postgraduate certificate or diploma with HND, although it depends on the program and school.
bayocanny:
Hello my people, is 1years PGC good for HND holder?

Pls I need your inputs.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ocool: 4:55pm On Aug 27, 2022
EagleEye4040:
Sheybi your father dey alive? Go take the picture na. Abi?

Simple.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by vividlooks(f): 4:57pm On Aug 27, 2022
[b][/b]
hayoBams:
Good day everyone,

I sent mine when i did, despite them not asking.

I don't think there's any harm in doing so anyway.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bayocanny: 5:01pm On Aug 27, 2022
bullstriker:
Yes, You can get admission into a postgraduate certificate or diploma with HND, although it depends on the program and school.

Thank you for the response. I want to know if it will not be a red flag if I apply for 1year PGC.
Also, is there any difference between pgc and pgd?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 5:11pm On Aug 27, 2022
Margs:
will be nice to get a response...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 5:12pm On Aug 27, 2022
1.No, it will not affect the outcome of your study permit application if you have submitted a strong application. Lots of people go for a one-year program.

2.Both of them are good schools.

3.You can switch to a two-program when you get to Canada. Note that you could lose the tuition deposit paid for the initial program. If you intend to get a 3yr PGWP after your studies, you can study another one-year program after completing the first one and be eligible for the 3yrPGWP. The two programs have to be completed within two years. For example, if the first program ends in December 2023, you can start another one-year program in January 2024 or within 150 days after you have completed the first program.

4.No, you can’t. PGWP cannot be extended. Due to the impact of the pandemic on the Canadian job market, IRCC introduced a temporary public policy that allows PGWP holders to extend their work permits, but this public policy will not apply to you. If you intend to take another 1yr program after completing the first one, please don’t apply for PGWP after completing the first one; as mentioned above, you cannot apply for PGWP twice.

5.Yes, you can move to any school when you arrive. However, you must inform IRCC about it on your MYCIC account(old portal). Don’t move to the Atlantic provinces because of provincial nominee programs; most provinces have PNP that favour students and workers in their region. Moreover, if you are taking a 2yr program, you will have sufficient time to apply for PR.
Margs:
Hello everyone,

i just two admission letters to Georgian College and St Lawrence College for Spring to study Project Management. But I have a few questions:
1. Both are one year courses. Will that affect plans for PPR
2. Is there a better school to choose from between them? Fees are close enough to be indifferent.
3. Can I switch to a two year course when I get to the schools - I am a bit worried about the short length of the courses for a subsequent work permit. But there is the issue of looking suspicious to a visa officer going to a college for two years in the middle of an 'okay' career
4. Can I apply for a new work permit in Canada after the first one expires
5. Finally, can i move to a different school in canada when I get there. i am considering moving to the atlantic region because of provincial nominations

Really sorry about the very many questions

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 5:20pm On Aug 27, 2022
1. It is not a red flag. Most people opt for 2 yr program to get 3 yr PGWP, which will give them sufficient time to apply for PR. With a 1y program, you will get 1y PGWP.
2. There are no significant differences between the two.
bayocanny:

Thank you for the response. I want to know if it will not be a red flag if I apply for 1year PGC.
Also, is there any difference between pgc and pgd?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ActivatedDreams: 5:20pm On Aug 27, 2022
Good day people, please is it possible for mpower loan holders to switch schools or program when they get to canada? Is this possible with mpower loan ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Hanzat: 5:35pm On Aug 27, 2022
PPR will surely come for us all. None will be denied, Amen!
Okay, Fun time in Nova Scotia.
Where are the NS students?
If you are in Nova Scotia precisely Halifax or Dartmouth.
You might want to join other Nigeiran's today for this year Summer party.
Have fun!!!

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lily89: 6:06pm On Aug 27, 2022
Lily89:
Please does anyone know when Fall 2023/September application will open up? Or if there are any colleges that have opened up their application for the fall/ September 2023.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by padie77: 6:10pm On Aug 27, 2022
Lily89:

Check Georgian college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by codesngr(m): 6:10pm On Aug 27, 2022
Chocs:
Hi there,

Yes you can go ahead. You’ll upload the paper you get from the medical via webform so it can be added to your file.

Cheers

Please can you help on how I can book medicals, I am applying myself, please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 6:11pm On Aug 27, 2022
GentleBobo:
Please o, does IRCC work on Saturday?

Their last reply to my mail was on a Sunday so I guess they do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Margs(f): 6:18pm On Aug 27, 2022
Thank you very much
bullstriker:
1.No, it will not affect the outcome of your study permit application if you have submitted a strong application. Lots of people go for a one-year program.

2.Both of them are good schools.

3.You can switch to a two-program when you get to Canada. Note that you could lose the tuition deposit paid for the initial program. If you intend to get a 3yr PGWP after your studies, you can study another one-year program after completing the first one and be eligible for the 3yrPGWP. The two programs have to be completed within two years. For example, if the first program ends in December 2023, you can start another one-year program in January 2024 or within 150 days after you have completed the first program.

4.No, you can’t. PGWP cannot be extended. Due to the impact of the pandemic on the Canadian job market, IRCC introduced a temporary public policy that allows PGWP holders to extend their work permits, but this public policy will not apply to you. If you intend to take another 1yr program after completing the first one, please don’t apply for PGWP after completing the first one; as mentioned above, you cannot apply for PGWP twice.

5.Yes, you can move to any school when you arrive. However, you must inform IRCC about it on your MYCIC account(old portal). Don’t move to the Atlantic provinces because of provincial nominee programs; most provinces have PNP that favour students and workers in their region. Moreover, if you are taking a 2yr program, you will have sufficient time to apply for PR.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hayoBams: 6:23pm On Aug 27, 2022
I defered from September 6 to January 9, which is not up to 150 days.
So I guess I'm on a safer side
Chocs:
Hi there,

A deferral in your start date shouldn’t affect your study permit application. Although, if the new start date is 150 or more days after the start date in the initial letter of acceptance (LOA) you applied with, you are required to send IRCC the new LOA.

Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Shommyface: 6:36pm On Aug 27, 2022
SIDE HUSTLES IN CANADA TO MAKE $1,000+ WEEKLY❤️❤️�

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Mz_dokTTk

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Zbk001: 6:40pm On Aug 27, 2022
Hello...bayolino

Congratulations to u!

Pls which university did u apply for

Alhamdulilah! Alhamdulilah!! Alamdulilah Robil'Alameen.

Then which of the favours of the lord will I deny?? Absolutely none!
I will start by saying the Quran verse which is my usual prayer - Quran (40 verse 44) وَأُفَوِّضُ أَمْرِىٓ إِلَى ٱللَّهِ ۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ بَصِيرٌۢ بِٱلْعِبَادِ ٤٤... "Soon you shall remember what I say to you. I entrust my affairs to Allah. Surely Allah is watchful over His servants"

1st Application - Gckey - Self sponsored
Submitted Application- 8th October 2021
Biometric-13th October 2021
No any update
Refusal- 26th November 2021 - Reason ( Purpose of visit and Travel history)...... I just moved on and refired.
PGD- 2 Years diploma - Business Management.

Ordered GCMS Notes - (Applicant already have the skills his seeking for and already working in that field 2. Applicant prior travel is insufficient to count as a significant factor) have been to Germany and one unused German visa with other African countries

2nd Application- New porta -l Self sponsored
Submitted Application- 10th May 2022
Medicals - not updated
No single Update for over 12 weeks.
Eligibility review - 10th August 2022.
BVL and PPR - 15th August 2022. Alhamdulilahi
2years Masters

No single Update for over 12 weeks. after this days I started sending mails every 2 days and a good Muslim friend that I met on this forum God bless him for me, he has been helping since last year with lot of encouragement and guides, for like 3 months we haven't chatted my mind just say I should chat him ooo and give him update on my application. I told him I haven't gotten any single update on my application since I submitted and this already over 12weeks, and I have also sent series of mails and contacted my MP........The next thing he said I should continue sending mails. and he also said he will other my Gcms notes for me free and his going to use his card to pay.. I was like wow.....God bless you boss and may Almighty Allah perfect everything that concerns you. we did all these on 9th Aug. The next day early morning at 5.30 Sent another mail and this time I ensure my subject is eyes catching, then, I prayed morning prayer after. May be these 2 things triggered my application who knows.. Since I was tired of checking.. I checked in the afternoon just saw Eligibility has started I just continue with my usual prayer ooo and here today 15th Aug PPR.

Document submitted:
Letter of explanation (7pages). I didn't even give any second eyes....lol
Tuition receipt paid 9500CAD- First semester
MBS 8 months with (351m inflow and 340m outflow) Over 200pages
Bank reference letter
Fixed deposit certificates
Pension statement.
Current Employment documents ( Offer letter, payslip, Intro letter, Tax, NHF and confirmation letter)
Previous employment ( Offer letter and promotion letter)
Bsc Certifcate & Transcript
Diploma cert & Transcript
WES
IELTS
other Work Certifications.
CAC documents (owned one company)
Company tax document
Land Property
2 cars documents
my drivers license
Marriage certificate
Children birth certificates (2)
Children Intl Passport Data page
Kids Savings account for both of them- we have monthly standing order going to their account.
Spouse Work ID
Spouse Birth cert and Intl data page
Family Pictures
Police Clearance
Covid19 Vaccine card

What I did differently, I changed my school and my course, Master in Accounting. I did Accounting in Bsc and ND. Also work in that area. For the travel, renewed my Germany visa in January and travelled in Feberuary. My wife and I visited Dubai for 5days during the Eid-Fitr Muslim Holiday and arrived Nigeria May 5th. I explained these in my Letter of explanation. the reason for changing course and to further strengthen my travel assertions. have travelled to all these country without violating any immigration laws. All in all.. It can ONLY be GOD. Let me also add that I Just resumed another new job today ooo Double blessings....Alhamdulilah for everything.

I pray that everyone awaiting decision on their applications get Approved Bikudiratilahi Ameen. And if you have been delayed Pls don't give up, delay is not denial. Never say Never. Please don't and don't give up.

Gracias!

[/quote]

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by vividlooks(f): 6:40pm On Aug 27, 2022
vividlooks:
Its been a while here....

But today, i've come to drop my testimony ..

What took almost 7mths had finally ended in praise!!

My PPR dropped this morning...

I'm still in shock.. will return with my full timeline.

In the meantime, please help me oo, good people.

I want to send my passport to Abuja... what's the process?? And how long does it take?

God is ever faithful and shows up when we least expect it...
I have come back to fulfill my promise of dropping my timeline. I hope it encourages someone

So, I found this thread (part 21)when it was on page 45 or so after I had submitted my application and was wondering what next cheesy...
Hmmm, I remember one of the PPR testimonies I first read was of an approval that was received within 11 days and when I reviewed the docs submitted, I felt I had really messed up my application. Then I read of others that had applied since Sept the previous year. Reading more testimonies and docs submitted, Aaah! I told hubby I think we should have done this and that grin... Well, hubby isn't one to feel daunted by what others have done. Then I got encouraged by those that went DIY like me and received their PPR. That's how I consoled myself ooo.

One other thing I noticed that actually made me feel terrible was the fact that I was going for a prog not really related to my work experience(considering my degree was far from what I had experience in). But when I remembered how much effort hubby and I put into my SOP, I was confident only a wicked officer will not see the larger picture I had painted. hehehe

Well, My cohort was initially for Winter 2022(gained admission last year) but I had to defer till May(which I couldn't make either). Then I was told Sept cohort was full, so Jan 2023 was the next available academic year(reluctantly accepted..Not like I had a choice per se). I sent via web form, my updated LOA and updated account activity reports(for all accounts originally submitted) and my sibling's data page which I also left out initially.

When my application was 5months I started sending emails to IRCC offices ANYWHERE. lol Well, thank God I did, Cos Beijing responded and confirmed my email had been rerouted to the appropriate office(at this time web forms I had previously sent had not been acknowledged). I also reached out to MPs. Those that responded asked the same question, where was I residing in Canada?
On July 7th I requested my notes which hasn't even arrived tongue. Those ones too said there are several requests, Tor!

Finally, on 29th July I received a response to the email the Beijing office had rerouted stating the usual covid 19 bla bla bla. but at least they confirmed it was at Nairobi.

I gave them 2 days then sent a series of emails again and webforms(this time I didn't change the content of my emails).

They responded on August 18th "We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that the agent who responded to you on July 29th, 2022, took the appropriate actions to follow up on your request". Well, that was refreshing enough. So, I decided to take a chill pill. After all, I was for Winter 2023 now grin grin

Anyway, I have learned patience through this journey and I can say for sure that it's the grace of God that speaks for us...Not necessarily all the grammar we note down in our SOP or docs we submit (Afterall someone used POF of a non-relative and got approved). Did I at some point feel downcast? of course! But one thing I was certain of was this, IRCC can't be the determinant of my happiness. I simply focused my attention on other important aspects of life(don't leave out prayers) whilst following up at intervals.

My timeline:
First-time applicant/ Old portal

Submitted:5th Feb 2022
Biometrics: 8th Feb 2022 updated the same day
Upfront Medical: Jan 27th, 2022
Medical updated to pass: Feb 16th, 2022( This was the last update on my portal prior to receiving PPR eligibility and background check still same)
BVL&PPR:26th Aug 2022

DOCS SUBMITTED:
-Birth cert
-WAEC result
-BSc transcript( don't have my certificate)
-Marriage Cert
-SOP(4 pages as detailed as possible)
-Newspaper publication to support the name change
-Gift Deed from a sibling, his employment letter, and his account activity report for 4 months
-MBS on my accounts(salary, savings(Naira and Dorm)
-MBS on joint account with hubby
-My employment letter
-My pay stubs for 4months
-Reference letter from my employer
-Pension activity report
-Police Character cert
-Hubby's pay stubs for 6 months
-Hubby's employment letter and promotion letter
-Hubby's account activity for 4 months
-Hubby's pension activity report
-Data page
-Travel history
-Land doc
-CAC doc for my business
-Pictures with siblings(with specific annotations showing my sibling that supported)
-Pictures with supporting sibling and his family
-My family pictures(several)

I think that's about all.

I will leave y'all with this; you can do it yourself, however, when in doubt seek help(rather than mess up your chances).
this thread is a fountain of knowledge, let's keep sharing experiences and helping in whatever capacity we can.

I pray the kind of joy that filled my heart yesterday be experienced by each of you still in the waiting room... Keep hope alive. God will show up for you in Jesus' name.AMEN!

23 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by padie77: 6:51pm On Aug 27, 2022
hayoBams:
I defered from September 6 to January 9, which is not up to 150 days.
So I guess I'm on a safer side

Yes nah, are you already in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oreoluwamipo: 8:19pm On Aug 27, 2022
Guys please help, i submitted my passport through DHL to Lagos VFS where i had my biometrics since last week Tuesday , i got my counterfoil on Wednesday and Letter of Introduction on Thursday and up till now i haven't received my stamped passport, should i be worried please , my flight is next week , please how do i go about this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 8:24pm On Aug 27, 2022
If the counterfoil info and introduction letter are now available in the portal, they have placed the counterfoil on your passport. So, there is nothing to worry about as sometimes Lagos VFS takes 10-14days to deliver. Track the parcel on the DHL website.
Oreoluwamipo:
Guys please help, i submitted my passport through DHL to Lagos VFS where i had my biometrics since last week Tuesday , i got my counterfoil on Wednesday and Letter of Introduction on Thursday and up till now i haven't received my stamped passport, should i be worried please , my flight is next week , please how do i go about this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Trailblazer21: 8:34pm On Aug 27, 2022
Hafeez6948:
My people the Eagle has landed its PPR oooh finally i have carried my evidence , my Suffer was not in vain. @Treasure134 @CharitoJames @Teezkid @Bobomaigida @Trailblazer21 @2pretty4u @Whitenaira2014 thank you all for your show of support. May Almighty God bring joy to your hearts. For those waiting for PPR may God Answer your prayers. i will be back with a detailed Timeline.

Congratulations!!!

Make sure you book your flight without waiting for your passport to return. All the best in Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by oloyede1(m): 9:17pm On Aug 27, 2022
Tcrown2020:

Good evening my goid people. Please , which other alternatives does one have for payment of scho fees in CAD. For over 4 weeks now, my bank has been saying g scarcity of $$$. please, scho resumes Sektember 1.
How else can one pay in naira from Naija o ! The cbn firm A processing us taking too long & there us a deadline to pay .

Please, how are you people paying o ??

I can help you pay

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (1317)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.