Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,144 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1226186 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tudun: 3:39am On Oct 01, 2022
This was my statement maybe you are reading another person's text
tudun:
This is important..whoever gave that notion that once you have done your first degree then you have to do a masters or higher programme was very wrong.

Also whoever said once you have a long year study gap you must do a course related to your present job is also wrong.

That is just a jinx...I applied study permit for someone who graduated since 2010 and is now selling clothes,her programme is just diploma and not related to her clothing business at all and she was approved.All praise to God.

So please let nobody discourage you,just get your documents right,your purpose very convincing and put all in God's hands.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 3:40am On Oct 01, 2022
tudun:
Luck?are you sure you are not reading someone else's text..I said make a very convincing application and leave the rest to God,just your samr belief but you just dont want to agree

I couldn't recall that part. Anyway, yes, I agree that we're saying the same thing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 3:43am On Oct 01, 2022
I'm noticing that most of the reasons for rejections are insufficient assets and financial situation. I guess we have to improve the way we prove our financial sufficiency.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Quiver: 5:57am On Oct 01, 2022
bepositive11:
I'm noticing that most of the reasons for rejections are insufficient assets and financial situation. I guess we have to improve the way we prove our financial sufficiency.

Very correct �

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Predator188: 6:19am On Oct 01, 2022
tudun:
This is important..whoever gave that notion that once you have done your first degree then you have to do a masters or higher programme was very wrong.

Also whoever said once you have a long year study gap you must do a course related to your present job is also wrong.

That is just a jinx...I applied study permit for someone who graduated since 2010 and is now selling clothes,her programme is just diploma and not related to her clothing business at all and she was approved.All praise to God.

So please let nobody discourage you,just get your documents right,your purpose very convincing and put all in God's hands.
What program did the person applied to study in Canada..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by xxsandyxx: 6:27am On Oct 01, 2022
Application date June 15, Eligibility started August 26
olutoyiin:
ROLL CALL
7COLOURS: Application date June 9th, Eligibility started 22nd July
Frankielibaby: Application date June 21st, Eligibility 24th September
Sos123: Application June 23rd, Eligibility 28th September
Olutoyiin: Application date June 24th, Eligibility 24th September
Otikmsk: Application June 25th, Eligibility started 26th August
Timex146: Application July 22nd, Eligibility 30th August

May God help us, my hubby said the documents we submitted are too much oooo that's why lollz.

Anyways others you can add yours

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ijliz: 6:48am On Oct 01, 2022
Please those that are familiar with or have used Ethiopian airline, does the technical stop at Dublin require a transit visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by vividlooks(f): 7:01am On Oct 01, 2022
Good morning people,

happy new month... I pray that y'all in the waiting room receive answers to your prayers.

It's really disheartening to read some of the posts here..I remember joining this thread earlier in the year and reading of PPR testimonies and timelines shared. it was same for refusals too. I earnestly prayed I'd one-day get a PPR and share my story, which to the Glory of God, I did.
My one kobo, do what you think will help and perhaps bless others (be it approval or a refusal testimony), and REST!

Have a testimony-filled month

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Esyy(f): 7:26am On Oct 01, 2022
krissconnect:
Please if I wanna pay for the SEVIS fee, will it be in central market rate or black market.
PS: someone's helping me pay for it through his bank so I wanna know how much here

Hi Krissconnect... what's the update with your SEVIS fee payment? If you're yet to pay for it, please send me a PM for swift assistance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TheDuke419: 7:44am On Oct 01, 2022

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Creativebelle: 8:03am On Oct 01, 2022
Thrash epistle..ain't reading it..go prove your superiority somewhere else..obviously not with me..free me
tudun:
No dear I never sounded that way,I don't even live here,I shuffle,I Love Nigeria if not for out greedy leaders ,and it is rubbing off on you because I cannot get your anger at me. if you read from beginning with an open mind,all I said was I encouraged anybody that want to be discouraged but all you had to react was tackle my point as if we are in a competition..There is no harm in agreeing I was right why tackle if for no reason..I repeat nobody should be discouraged about present job or education history just give a convinvcing application and leave in God's hand.How that one take hurt you I don't know.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Creativebelle: 8:05am On Oct 01, 2022
bepositive11:

Lol grin grin I wonder why she's so tensed. She thinks that everyone replying her is on the offensive.

Tudun you need to calm down grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 8:39am On Oct 01, 2022
No one is saying Happy Independence? Abi it’s July 1?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutoyiin: 8:40am On Oct 01, 2022
Happy new month and Independence, this October we shall receive our golden mail.
ROLL CALL
7COLOURS: Application date June 9th, Eligibility started 22nd July
xxsandyxx: Application date June 15th, Eligibility started August 26
Frankielibaby: Application date June 21st, Eligibility 24th September
Sos123: Application June 23rd, Eligibility 28th September
Olutoyiin: Application date June 24th, Eligibility 24th September
Otikmsk: Application June 25th, Eligibility started 26th August
Timex146: Application July 22nd, Eligibility 30th August

May God help us all

Anyways others you can add yours

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 8:43am On Oct 01, 2022
Cos there's nothing happy about the independence.
Funds to service debt alone is more than generated revenue. Don't forget this
CharitoJames:
No one is saying Happy Independence? Abi it’s July 1?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 8:48am On Oct 01, 2022
amila20042001:
Cos there's nothing happy about the independence.
Funds to service debt alone is more than generated revenue. Don't forget this

Sometimes I wonder if independence was a good thing for Nigeria. I keep hearing stories about how great Nigeria was back in those days.

Today, look at us. Trying so hard to go to foreign land governed by the very same people who colonised us.

The irony...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by shebaa(f): 8:51am On Oct 01, 2022
Good morning everyone, I got a conditional letter of admission from Fanshawe college with a condition of (IELTS Overall score of 6.0 with no score less than 5.5 in any of the four bands) . Who else has gotten an admission of this nature before?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lily89: 9:06am On Oct 01, 2022
shebaa:
Good morning everyone, I got a conditional letter of admission from Fanshawe college with a condition of (IELTS Overall score of 6.0 with no score less than 5.5 in any of the four bands) . Who else has gotten an admission of this nature before?

Hey! What was your English grade in your waec/neco?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CornOak(m): 9:06am On Oct 01, 2022
Ijliz:
Please those that are familiar with or have used Ethiopian airline, does the technical stop at Dublin require a transit visa?

No, you don't need a transit visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 9:14am On Oct 01, 2022
nope.

you dont even disembark the aircraft. you sit there pressing away on your personal device or looking at other passengers' faces. lol

Ijliz:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankielilbaby(f): 9:20am On Oct 01, 2022
Hello my people how una dey happy new month oh anyways I am just coming back from blessed sacrament this morning the month of October shall be a month of testimony for a lot of nairalanders here. JUNE, JULY, and those before us our testimonies shall pass the rain wey dey fall every morning. Others after us Biko no vex but na first come first serve August and September you will also testify. AMEN

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Predator188: 9:50am On Oct 01, 2022
awele001:
Pls house what is diffrence between SOP and LOE

This is same thing..it won't make any difference to the visa officer..

Though Ircc stated letter of explanation at the website ...

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 9:55am On Oct 01, 2022
bepositive11:

It is the bias we have to deal with as Nigerians, sometimes you see an identical profile from an Indian getting approved. The fact of the matter is that we are expected to provide more funds than others yet when the funds are provided, and the provenance is genuine they still deny the application with silly reasons like " there are concerns that the funds will not be available".
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by odilibe(m): 9:59am On Oct 01, 2022
Bobomaigida:

It is the bias we have to deal with as Nigerians, sometimes you see an identical profile from an Indian getting approved. The fact of the matter is that we are expected to provide more funds than others yet when the funds are provided, and the provenance is genuine they still deny the application with silly reasons like " there are concerns that the funds will not be available".
shocked
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TheDuke419: 10:09am On Oct 01, 2022
Has anybody from may 20th to May 31st received a decision concerning their study permit yet?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by perfectbecky: 10:18am On Oct 01, 2022
Application June 16, biometrics updated sept 15...No eligibility or any other till date. i know it will end in praise
Otikmsk:

Pls add me to your roll call.

June 25th, Eligibility 26th August.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mzflexydeeva(f): 10:23am On Oct 01, 2022
Happy independence people. Relatively new here. Do not even know where to start so please I pointers in the right direction.

Interested in MSc or PhD cellular and molecular biology, nutrition or biochemistry.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HEADYWORLD: 10:25am On Oct 01, 2022
Bobomaigida:

There are Indians getting approved with 60% proof of fund. Why do I need to show 100% POF for 3 years course.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 10:39am On Oct 01, 2022
It is either you face the reality of this, or argue it with the VO reviewing your case file.

There are lots of precursors to all these different checks placed on applications from different regions. Most of the times, we are our own bane in Nigeria. our predecessors set standards that are grossly unsustainable for generations to come. Remember when we didn't need visa to go to the UK or US... well today

HEADYWORLD:

There are Indians getting approved with 60% proof of fund. Why do I need to show 100% POF for 3 years course.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Eskammy39: 10:48am On Oct 01, 2022
Good morning to everyone, I want an advice from the guru in the house. I graduated 2013, computer science and I want to enrol in electrical electronics engineering at Nbcc in Canada. I don't know if the gaps in my education can b an issue in obtaining a visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 11:13am On Oct 01, 2022
olokings:
It is either you face the reality of this, or argue it with the VO reviewing your case file.

There are lots of precursors to all these different checks placed on applications from different regions. Most of the times, we are our own bane in Nigeria. our predecessors set standards that are grossly unsustainable for generations to come. Remember when we didn't need visa to go to the UK or US... well today

This is why when I see applicants from Nigeria exploring the Judicial review route despite the cost, I always applaud them and most of the time applications that were denied and taken to JR are always settled (at least those that have shared their journeys here) by the IRCC because they know that they made blunders in denying the application in the first place.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sambless2013: 11:18am On Oct 01, 2022
Please how do I order GCM note.

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.