Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,645 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (430) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1219551 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by henrymazi: 10:14pm On Oct 26, 2022
Please how long does it take from the day one's passport leaves Lagos VFS to the day it is returned? Pls I need answers, the range of time to expect passport pass back. Lagos VFS receivedy passport on 19th October, it arrived Abuja VFS on 21st October and till now the VFS tracking page is still saying that my processed passport has been forwarded to the Canada Visa Office. Epp me Epp me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ammykorr: 10:19pm On Oct 26, 2022
ozzymugabe:

I have an admission with the same school too. I wasn't invited for pre-assessment interview, to the best of my knowledge such interview invitations are only extended to prospective students from Asian and SDS countries. As a matter of fact, I applied for admission and got LOA within 4 days.

Shalom

Hmmmm. I think they have included Nigeria and Ghana in Africa. Thanks though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 10:22pm On Oct 26, 2022
jaydave:
For those that couldn’t find the biometric letter nko ? … I did my first biometric in 2014 and I can’t find it again . Since 2014 I just reapplied this year

I don’t really know, but maybe you can go back to where you did your biometrics for a reprint.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 10:26pm On Oct 26, 2022
Back then it was vfs at billings way, oregun. I don’t know if a vfs office still there . I will check online tho . Thanks
Pace6:

I don’t really know, but maybe you can go back to where you did your biometrics for a reprint.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by socially4fun: 10:32pm On Oct 26, 2022
Congratulations to everyone who received PPR, I tap from your blessing. Your testimonies fill us with hope.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by socially4fun: 10:43pm On Oct 26, 2022
After paying first semester tuition, can one get scholarships for second semester in colleges?

Asking because paying the full tuition might not qualify one for a scholarship if there is.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hardeydara213(m): 10:53pm On Oct 26, 2022
Hello house pls I have bsc in bus - admin with 2.2 & I intend studying Bus-Admin _purchasing & supply mgt for my Pgd in Seneca is it OK?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 10:53pm On Oct 26, 2022
Thank you.
He will do it for you
chrisoo:

Congratulations! I tap from your blessings. Christ is real in the blessed sacrament. I am a living testimony. Please keep visiting Him there. He will always be there for you. I key into your blessings and receive my PPR before November ending! I applied Sept 5th.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by diizzy968: 10:56pm On Oct 26, 2022
Babysoldier:
is it compulsory cos i didn't submit it in my application?

Not compulsory....I've an application approved without it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Teejackz11009: 11:03pm On Oct 26, 2022
Hello My People..Please I want to ask how good Keystone Bank is for Proof of Fund especially for Visa Application..Want to know if they do Respond Quickly to the embassy incase they are emailed for Statement of Account Verification
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by DejiiiiB: 11:08pm On Oct 26, 2022
Nerd95:

Have you applied for GCMS notes? If yes, the notes help you to see the progress of your application, to see any concerns of the VO so you can quickly address them before refusal, and could trigger the revisiting of your file. The later point is not always true but it is debatable...it sometimes work. I noticed a pattern: there are about 30days between when my friend received his notes and when he received a final decision last year. Same apply to me too this year. As a rule of thumb, apply for your GCMS notes 12 weeks after you submit your application.

Thank you so much for your response

Please how do I apply for a GCMS Notes ? And also what the cost to apply for it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by DejiiiiB: 11:17pm On Oct 26, 2022
bepositive11:

Nawa.. 6 months?? Did you order your GCMS notes?

I agree. Luck definitely has something to do with it.

More than 6 months sef

I just calculated it well

I submitted my application March 30th and did Biometric April 11th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by DejiiiiB: 11:19pm On Oct 26, 2022
bepositive11:

Nawa.. 6 months?? Did you order your GCMS notes?

I agree. Luck definitely has something to do with it.
I just order GCMS notes today

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lolaflair(m): 11:47pm On Oct 26, 2022
So no one is going to niagara college canada. Anyone knows a friend there already or someone about to graduate from there please connect me with them. May everyone waiting for PPR be granted with ease. Success to everyone on this canada journey.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Amen2025: 12:05am On Oct 27, 2022
KRTL:
Send your number if you interested in joining the Humber group

Pls am interested in joining d Humber group
My number 08039369882. Pls due add me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Amen2025: 12:17am On Oct 27, 2022
KRTL:
For humber college?

Pls this is my number 08039369882, add me to d Humber group. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Profgordons(m): 12:58am On Oct 27, 2022
Mojimustapha:
House pls I need your candid advice cos d whole thing is frustrating, I applied for study permit on July 3rd with my 2 children (9 & 11) and I got my PPR on September 6th while a letter of authorization was requested to be duely signed by my spouse which was uploaded on 10th September. Also, I sent a web message on 12th October and up till now no message. Pls any body in the same situation and what can I do cos the whole study plan is actually because of them.

Do not worry at all, it was because you either didn’t fill the authorization form during application or your spouse’s signature is missing. All you have to do now is wait and hopefully it gets approved. If they were not going to approve it they won’t be asking for the authorization document, they will just reject the application altogether. Having said that, my spouse got her PPR around August 22nd, the kids got theirs September 28th almost a month after she left. It doesn’t stop your plans that you have to wait!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Profgordons(m): 1:06am On Oct 27, 2022
Chiichii2010:
Please house help me, I submitted my application on July, I did my medicals in August, but I just received an email telling me to do a medicals again.
Please does it mean I should do another one?
Can someone please help me, thanks

Did you get an email or it is on your profile that you have a Medical Request? Since you have a valid medical you have no worries, my family experienced that and I also did.
Google, IRCC webform… click where you see tell us more…

Choose your application type, choose application outside Canada, choose location Kenya, Nairobi then fill the required details.

In the first space, explain you have a valid medical and type in the IME number for the test.

Fill all other details then make sure you upload the Medical Report Sheet in your possession.

After submitting they will update the medical in few days, mine took 10 working days, some can be less.

This also means your application is heading north! Congratulations

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lamash: 1:13am On Oct 27, 2022
amila20042001:
GOD HAS DONE IT, GOD HAS DONE IT.

WHO SAYS THERE'S NO GOD, COME AND I WILL INTRODUCE YOU TO THE ANCIENT OF DAYS.

IT'S PPPPPPPPPRRRRRRRRRRRR

just yesterday I was super worried my application has lasted 5months 5 days and God showed up to calm the storm.

Just returned from blessed sacrament, thanking, praising and worshipping God for his plan for me and my family, few hours later did the routine check on my portal and hurray My PPR is well sitted there, haven't gotten any messages yet.

Application submitted 21st May 2022
Biometrics 25th May
Medical 26th May 2022
Medical passed 28th May 2022
First GCMS notes 12th July and nothing has been done.
Second GCMS 30th August yet to arrive.
Lots and lots of emails and webforms scheduled twice three times daily.
BVL AND PPR 26th October 2022.

The joy is overwhelming. Thank you Jesus

Congratulations, really glad for you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by profeddor15: 1:41am On Oct 27, 2022
Good morning my seniors in the house, please i seriously need your assistance on the issue of proof of funds and i will be glad for your kind encouragement.
1. How do i present 6months bank statement for my application, is it that i will leave the money in my account for six months before i start my application or the bank account details will show six months upfront?.
2. Can i start my application without the inclusion of POF till it mature for six months?.
3. Since the processing time is 13weeks, is there any effect on the six months bank statement or should be there till I'm cleared from embassy?.
4. Do i need to do my biometrics and police character certificate before i start my application or is upon their request?.
5. What's the best place to get the passport photograph requested for the application by Visa application center?.
I will be glad for your enlightenment especially on the issue of proof of funds and application proper in order to be on a save side.
Thanks and God bless you all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GoodofNaija: 1:54am On Oct 27, 2022
amila20042001:
GOD HAS DONE IT, GOD HAS DONE IT.

WHO SAYS THERE'S NO GOD, COME AND I WILL INTRODUCE YOU TO THE ANCIENT OF DAYS.

IT'S PPPPPPPPPRRRRRRRRRRRR

just yesterday I was super worried my application has lasted 5months 5 days and God showed up to calm the storm.

Just returned from blessed sacrament, thanking, praising and worshipping God for his plan for me and my family, few hours later did the routine check on my portal and hurray My PPR is well sitted there, haven't gotten any messages yet.

Pls did you pay to be able to request for gcms note or how did you do it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ron5ke: 2:27am On Oct 27, 2022
Which province are you going? The MPs should reply though. Also what is the content of the email you sent to them?

Silas12345:
it’s sad bro and yes I used to order gcms notes every month since January to July this year and I noticed that my document is not touch or being review because all my notes is all the same for 6 months.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SoftdudeKay: 3:11am On Oct 27, 2022
SoftdudeKay:
Please, is it still possible for visa application to be approved after receiving a “Procedural Fairness” letter?

Has anyone on here gotten a “Procedural Fairness” letter and his/her application was still approved?

Though I have responded to it accordingly but I’m really concerned.

Please advise!

Please, is it still possible for visa application to be approved after receiving a “Procedural Fairness” letter?

Has anyone on here gotten a “Procedural Fairness” letter and his/her application was still approved?

Though I have responded to it accordingly but I’m really concerned.

Please advise!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SoftdudeKay: 4:57am On Oct 27, 2022
sayd3246:

Attached below are the letter sent to me.

Please reply your email bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Djdimeji: 6:13am On Oct 27, 2022
Hello house,
Please can someone advise me on the upfront medicals please.
I'm a prospective student for Canada and going by the time already, applying for the NSE is my best bet, and for this I would need an upfront medical.
So my question,
1. In order to do this upfront medicals must I have commenced any form of the visa process or I can just go ahead with first getting the medicals done in preparation for the visa application.
2. How much does it costs. Particularly for ikeja, Lagos.
3. How long does it take to get the results ready for the visa process.

NB: I'm for the winter intake 2023 and don't want it to pass or be deferred due to processing time, reason why I'm gathering info on what it's going to take to be eligible for the NSE which includes ielts, police clearance and biometrics.

So given all these can anyone just kindly advice on how to adequately time and arrange myself in order to be able to meet up.
Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ehiremen2002: 6:45am On Oct 27, 2022
Hello house any body recently done PCC from Abuja?

Trying to get the cost and procedure
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by micynute94(m): 6:55am On Oct 27, 2022
Pls house.

I'm looking for cheap Canada universities that offers Data Analytics or a related course for a 2-yr Masters program for Sep. 2023

So far, I was only able to get these rough estimates as at the time I checked each universities.

- McMaster - $5.6K/term (28K for 2 yrs) - 16.8K for a year

- USaks - $3.1K/term (19K for 2 yrs) - 9.5k for a year

- Umanitoba - $6.33K/term (38K for 2 yrs) - 18.96K for a year

- UWinnipeg - $5.6K/term (24k for 2 yrs) - 17K for a year

- Memorial - $2.4K/term (34.4K (14.4K + 20K (special fee)) - 27K for a year

- Saint Mary - (37K for 2 yrs)

** USaks requires a supervisor, which is kinda hard. embarassed (still working on it though)

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Rasakiopoewa: 7:09am On Oct 27, 2022
I have seen so many people asking about police clearance certificate. It is not a must to include in your study permit application. You might need it later if you are transiting from TR to PR.
If you are keen providing info about your good moral standing, you may get a letter from your church pastor detailing whom you are and the department you belongs to in the church. God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hardeydara213(m): 7:12am On Oct 27, 2022
Hello house pls anybody who has been or still in Seneca college should pls share his or her experience am new ooo pls!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by inspector1(m): 7:26am On Oct 27, 2022
=Lolaflair post=So no one is going to niagara college canada. Anyone knows a friend there already or someone about to graduate from there please connect me with them. May everyone waiting for PPR be granted with ease. Success to everyone on this canada journey.

Yes i am.... planning to submit visa application by december for may 2023 session.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 7:45am On Oct 27, 2022
DejiiiiB:

More than 6 months sef

I just calculated it well

I submitted my application March 30th and did Biometric April 11th

6 months and 3 weeks shocked
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 7:46am On Oct 27, 2022
DejiiiiB:

I just order GCMS notes today

That's good. It may force them to review your file again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.