Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,443 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1219442 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by femo86(m): 8:37pm On Nov 12, 2022
@justwise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by socially4fun: 9:43pm On Nov 12, 2022
Cheebu:

Just do a table of contents for your supporting documents.

Okay. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by socially4fun: 9:45pm On Nov 12, 2022
johnstan:

Simply ensure your documents are arranged in a systematic order before uploading. Once the documents are merged into one file as supporting documents you will not be able to identify each document by a specific filename and that makes your attempt to specifically reference documents on your SOP nearly impossible.

Arrange bank related docs together, school related docs like loa, fees payment receipts etc together, work related docs like your study leave, letter of intro etc together, your IDs sponsor's IDs etc just like that.

Hopefully I understood your question and answered it correctly.

Oh, thanks. So it is not a must to mention the supporting documents in the SOP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bigbolanle: 9:54pm On Nov 12, 2022
Hello

I'm just starting my study route journey . I applied to a college lasteeek . And I just find out I'm pregnant. Can I still continue the process . I'm just confused . Pls advise anyone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kinggame1: 11:11pm On Nov 12, 2022
OK thanks
Pace6:

You don’t need police clearance to apply for Study Permit. But if you wish to add it alongside your documents, no issues.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bigdaddy001: 11:29pm On Nov 12, 2022
Hey Guys my application was refused today on grounds that 'they are not sure I'll be returning after studies ' ��‍�
I don't really understand sha but On God
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jeboy(m): 11:48pm On Nov 12, 2022
Can someone help advise pls.

My wife is running her ongoing Masters (Research) in IT in SA which she will soon round up. She got an admission to a Tech course in Canada which is like PGD (less than Masters). Will disclosing her current Masters programme affect her chances of getting a student visa assuming every other requirement are met.

Please help a brother.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 11:51pm On Nov 12, 2022
socially4fun:

Oh, thanks. So it is not a must to mention the supporting documents in the SOP?

Please mention the names of your supporting documents in sop. It should be a comprehensive letter of intent. Don't leave a vo wondering or guessing what documents you attached.

If you meant renaming each document so you can upload and reference them individually then you can't because you're to upload a single file document of your supporting documents merged together and arranged orderly.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 11:53pm On Nov 12, 2022
Bigdaddy001:
Hey Guys my application was refused today on grounds that 'they are not sure I'll be returning after studies ' ��‍�

Sorry about this bro. Take a break and refire.

Don't forget to contact your school as regards deferring timely so you don't loose your admission.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tessyugbajah: 1:13am On Nov 13, 2022
Please have you gotten your passport now?
MumTee:
I submitted on Oct 21st too and passports yet to be returned. I tried to track online but says it has been submitted to Canada Visa office. So i chatted VFS agents and they said they are yet to receive passports that were submitted Oct 21st back from the Embassy. Same thing when i sent a mail to enquire, the response was "your parcel is not ready for pickup"

I guess its a general challenge, could be the delay came from issues around the security alerts the US embassy put up sometimes ago. Maybe their embassy staff had to also leave or go into hiding temporarily during the security threats.

We can only wait on them, meanwhile flight tickets are rising. I am beginning to consider going ahead to purchase tickets as price has increased by over 800k for us since receiving PP request.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 1:44am On Nov 13, 2022
Congratulations! the stage of the pregnancy will play a significant role in your decision. If finances are not an issue, I would proceed as usual and just apply. It is not illegal to come to Canada while pregnant, and it would be discriminatory for them even to suggest a mother could not do both. So, apply for SP, get the medicals, and let the doctor know, as you may or may not be able to do an x-ray.

If you could not do an x-ray, I would include proof of funds for child delivery. You can contact the local hospital, get their price list for foreign nationals and provide that much money; this is different from proof of funds for SP.

Visa officers might assume pregnancy will negatively affect your ability to "actively pursue studies" in your final months and when the baby is born. So, you can request an official leave letter from the school or submit an email communication with the school regarding this. Such effort will go a long way to convince the VO of your intention to study.

All the best.

Bigbolanle:
Hello

I'm just starting my study route journey . I applied to a college lasteeek . And I just find out I'm pregnant. Can I still continue the process . I'm just confused . Pls advise anyone

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 1:49am On Nov 13, 2022
It could if you don’t have a strong reason for going for a lower level of education similar to the Ms. However if you don’t disclose it, she has to account for what she did during that period.
Jeboy:
Can someone help advise pls.

My wife is running her ongoing Masters (Research) in IT in SA which she will soon round up. She got an admission to a Tech course in Canada which is like PGD (less than Masters). Will disclosing her current Masters programme affect her chances of getting a student visa assuming every other requirement are met.

Please help a brother.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 1:56am On Nov 13, 2022
Bigbolanle:
Hello

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 2:40am On Nov 13, 2022
Cheer up. Order GCMS note so that you can adequately address the issue
Bigdaddy001:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chairwoman: 4:40am On Nov 13, 2022
2pretty4u:

Congratulations, may Canada favour you.
A very huge congratulations to you, I have a question, do you submit medicals for study visa immediately after biometrics and before approval?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ocool: 6:29am On Nov 13, 2022
apeja2017:

Before you can defer, you need to pay for your first semester tuition fee.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tessyugbajah: 6:52am On Nov 13, 2022
Hello
Please have you gotten your passport back. Since you submitted on the 21st
MumTee:
I submitted on Oct 21st too and passports yet to be returned. I tried to track online but says it has been submitted to Canada Visa office. So i chatted VFS agents and they said they are yet to receive passports that were submitted Oct 21st back from the Embassy. Same thing when i sent a mail to enquire, the response was "your parcel is not ready for pickup"

I guess its a general challenge, could be the delay came from issues around the security alerts the US embassy put up sometimes ago. Maybe their embassy staff had to also leave or go into hiding temporarily during the security threats.

We can only wait on them, meanwhile flight tickets are rising. I am beginning to consider going ahead to purchase tickets as price has increased by over 800k for us since receiving PP request.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hammed71(m): 7:07am On Nov 13, 2022
Good morning, please how can I get to iom Ikeja from iyanaipaja, my appointment is tomorrow by 9am.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 8:02am On Nov 13, 2022
hammed71:
Good morning, please how can I get to iom Ikeja from iyanaipaja, my appointment is tomorrow by 9am.
Thank you
from Ikeja under bridge, enter bus going to G.R.A , tell the driver you are stopping at IOM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Restwell: 8:10am On Nov 13, 2022
Hello Good Morning Every one,

Please my ppr dropped since 20sep. IRCC requested we send a Consent Letter for my 2year old son's visiting visa. His dad signed and notarized the form, it was uploaded since 23rd September but till date no ppr for him.
It's going to 2months now, we have been sending webforms and mails all the while.

Please what could be the issue, has anyone experienced this before, kindly help with possible solutions.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Profgordons(m): 8:41am On Nov 13, 2022
Restwell:

Please my ppr dropped since 20sep. IRCC requested we send a Consent Letter for my 2year old son's visiting visa. His dad signed and notarized the form, it was uploaded since 23rd September but till date no ppr for him.
It's going to 2months now, we have been sending webforms and mails all the while.

Please what could be the issue, has anyone experienced this before, kindly help with possible solutions.

Thank you.

Did you also sign?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 13, 2022
Congratulations. Me too

Boobae200:
Just got admission to Conestoga college for may 2023.
Please is there a WhatsApp link.?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Restwell: 8:43am On Nov 13, 2022
Profgordons:

Did you also sign?
No please, only the dad signed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dopeyomi(m): 8:53am On Nov 13, 2022
koreanlord:
@makano @frankrobnn @lekiboboe @bullstriker @gigdraft @justmellow @hayobams and all

Do you have any experience applying to defer admission date? I have recently been admitted to Centennial college, May 2023 intake... But an unforeseen circumstance unfolded and I want to move my admission to September 2023...

I have sent several emails to the school about this but I have not received any feedback since i started pursuing to defer the admission date.

Any tips on how to quickly get this done?

apeja2017
amila20042001
Sarah1032
towax001
Kellapaw
centennialguy

Same here I’d love to defer from may 2023 to September intake due to financial reasons, but i think you should apply again when you’re ready since you’ve not paid the 2,650 tuition deposit, let’s wait for the gurus to respond.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojb555666: 9:38am On Nov 13, 2022
Bigdaddy001:
When did you apply Bro?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kroy(m): 9:55am On Nov 13, 2022
Send it in a mal to Nairobi and tell that you are waiting for the ppr since September...

Restwell:

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 10:47am On Nov 13, 2022
Aishat89:
Continuation on why I am scared gangan is that I was told USA and Canadian embassies shares

1. What and how do i explain my previous denials at the us embassy for an F1 study permit as asked at the background information section on the IMMI 5257 form. God �� I know you grant wishes and answer prayers make this effort count and successful for me and everyone looking forward to a success story like I am AMEEN ��. - Just state you were refused the visa cos you did not meet the requirements
2. At the Education section still on the form, do I fill in the 3 post secondary education programs I took? - You can do so if you wish but check if it will not be a disadvantage to the programme you are going for now ie there is supposed to be a progression[b][/b]
3. At the Employment section also, does the 1year NYSC work experience count? Can i include that as well? - You can or leave it out, add your present job experience
4. Because I am married with no kids yet does my work still works as a tie at home country to be granted Canadian study permit? - If you are travelling alone, you cann use your hubby and parents as home ties, you have to explain you are coming back them, back it with pictures
P:S: the school that granted my admission say's that tuition deposit is optional am I safe at the embassy even if I have no tuition deposited?. If you have the fuds you can go ahead and pay the some portion of the fees to show capacity and commitment.
5. How long does it take to get a response from the Canadian authority for permits to be granted (noting that my start date is for Jan 9 2023, alternate intake Dates are May 1 2023, or September 6, 2023. And expiry date of offer to be sept. 7 2023. There is no defined time for response, their official response time is 12 weeks but more often than not they have been exceeding this timeline, your Jan 23 start date might be too close for you, you might need to defer to later start date.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 11:35am On Nov 13, 2022
Chairwoman:

A very huge congratulations to you, I have a question, do you submit medicals for study visa immediately after biometrics and before approval?

Thank you, you have the option of submitting during your application or after you have submitted your application, that is if it was an upfront medical that you did or you can decide to wait for IRCC to request for medicals from you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Restwell: 12:45pm On Nov 13, 2022
kroy:
Send it in a mal to Nairobi and tell that you are waiting for the ppr since September...

Thank you. We've done that without success.
Will keep sending mails
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by socially4fun: 12:46pm On Nov 13, 2022
johnstan:

Please mention the names of your supporting documents in sop. It should be a comprehensive letter of intent. Don't leave a vo wondering or guessing what documents you attached.

If you meant renaming each document so you can upload and reference them individually then you can't because you're to upload a single file document of your supporting documents merged together and arranged orderly.

Well elaborated. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.