Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (549) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1249594 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dubeilo: 9:12am On Nov 27, 2022
Tgbengus151:
OK boss. I am gonna add you up after receiving your contact.

Kindly add me to the WhatsApp group for May 2023 intake.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 27, 2022
dubeilo:

Kindly add me to the WhatsApp group for May 2023 intake.

Please add me to it as well ,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 27, 2022
Abolade4545:

Please add me to it as well ,

Should I send my num
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MrDam(m): 11:33am On Nov 27, 2022
Order through gcmsonline and select CBSA/GCMS note mine took 27 days or so.
Enddystar:

Thank you bro. I learnt GCMS notes now take long (up to 3 months) to be delivered. What do you think?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Otikmsk(m): 11:58am On Nov 27, 2022
Hello House, pls how could one pay for Egypt air line and at what rate is their dollar payment Black Mkt or Official ? I can see 1084USD .

For those who have used Egyptian airline pls guide a brother.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by anelsta: 12:27pm On Nov 27, 2022
Congrats Buxel.
Please where did u submit your passport (lagos or abj) and what was the duration?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pufframmy: 12:36pm On Nov 27, 2022
congrat bro enjoy your stay

hayoBams:
landing gist!!!
Hey guys,
So my parents, sibling and cousins all followed me to the airport. The drive to the airport was hectic, my flight was actually on Monday and as y’all know Mondays traffic are quite heavy in Lagos. I went with Ethiopian airline and the flight was scheduled to depart by 1 pm but classic Nigerian time we didn’t depart until about 3pm which in turn affected me at Addis Ababa, but I’ll get back to that later in the gist.We left home around 8 am and got to the airport at about 9:30.

There were a total of 6 People with me so we had to bribe with about 3k for all of us to enter. We got to the check-in queue for Ethiopian Airlines which was a bit long but i was finally attended to, pro tip: make sure you weigh your baggage before leaving home to save yourself from headaches and also in as much as you won’t need a power bank in Canada I’d say you should keep one with you cause it might come in handy at the airport. So my bags were finally weighed and I had an extra baggage of which I was supposed to pay 106k but I eventually paid a total of 60k because my uncle was able to speak to the guy at the counter and within 30 minutes I was done.

Saying goodbye to my family at the immigration was the actually the hardest part of the trip because non travelers were not allowed beyond that point. we all cried and said our goodbyes. I manned up and swallowed my tears while reminding myself I’ll see them pretty soon.

As I had said at the beginning of the story, My departure time was 1pm but we didn’t start boarding till around 2:40 and by 3:00pm we had taken off. This was actually my first time traveling by plane so I was very nervous but then I met a very nice lady who was heading to Malawi turns out she came to study in Nigeria UI to be precise and in my mind I was like who leaves their coin to come study in Nigeria lol. We arrived Addis Ababa by 11pm of which we were supposed to land by 9pm and have a layover of 2 hours before boarding the flight to Toronto but due to the delay in Lagos there was no layover, so it was off the flight from Lagos, down to the flight to Toronto.
Finding the boarding gate wasn't hard, but there were a lot of stops before getting to the boarding gate, like I had to pull off my shoe, open my carry-on like 3 times.
The second leg of the trip was longer like 13 hours or so but I entertained myself with some movies. for me I don’t know about others but the food on the plane was wack I was lucky enough to had snuck in pieces of meat onto the flight, this was what sustained me till we finally arrived safely on Tuesday morning 7:45am Toronto time everyone clapped for the pilot because there was a lot of turbulence of which I though was gonna die lol.
As soon as I came down from the flight I followed the signs and quickly rushed down to arrivals, I already did the arrivecan stuff online before leaving Nigeria but the self decoration machine wasn’t acknowledging my passport so I just had to proceed to one of the officials at the counter and she filled a new declaration form for me. Please obey all the instructions you’re given and kindly ask questions on things you don’t understand.
It was my turn to be attended to, the officer was actual looking beautiful so I told her then she smiled she then proceeds to ask for my international passport, my tuition receipt and she printed out my permit, stamped it and handed it over to me then she wished me goodluck, pro tip: try complimenting the officer it really makes the officer feel more comfortable with you.My cousin was already waiting for me at the arrivals and we were able to get a SIM card for me.

Thank you so much to everyone who had contributed to my journey by relentlessly answering my questions.
I’ll be resuming at centennial college this coming January and also it’s cold in Canada oooo make sure you are prepared.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by anelsta: 12:49pm On Nov 27, 2022
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dollarsolution(m): 1:26pm On Nov 27, 2022
Me too please.
Keneclement:

Hello pls I have gotten admission to conestoga college. I have paid deposit. Pls who I need a what’sapp or telegram group for fellow conestoga applicants for may 2023
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 1:30pm On Nov 27, 2022
Otikmsk:
Hello House, pls how could one pay for Egypt air line and at what rate is their dollar payment Black Mkt or Official ? I can see 1084USD .

For those who have used Egyptian airline pls guide a brother.

Visit their office and pay in Naira.
Payment online is in USD with a USD card. Called their global office and was advised to contact their Lagos office for payment.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Otikmsk(m): 1:33pm On Nov 27, 2022
johnstan:

Visit their office and pay in Naira.
Payment online is in USD with a USD card. Called their global office and was advised to contact their Lagos office for payment.

Thanks bro, pls do u have there contact?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ekinado: 1:34pm On Nov 27, 2022
Hello, please can someone assist me with upfront medical?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chimzy4real: 1:39pm On Nov 27, 2022
Please how were you able to pay your tuition deposit sir/ma?

pheyi23:
They will respond soon. I applied last week of September and got response on the last day of October
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Godpikin4: 2:37pm On Nov 27, 2022
I hardly see people apply to Cambrian College...anyhow knows about the school?

They have some programs I am interested in.

Your opinion or information on the school will be appreciated please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 2:51pm On Nov 27, 2022
olutoyiin:
Bepositive11 and olokings trust u guys are great can't seem to find 7COLOURS. Glad to hear from everyone, currently shopping for cheap flights to vancouver while praying for my family's application. It will end in praise

Amen. It will end in praise.

Unfortunately, 7COLOURS deactivated her account after informing us that her application was rejected. It's very unfortunate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by labiowo: 2:57pm On Nov 27, 2022
Hello Nairalander,
Please, I need the assistance of the guru in the forum as regards completing my application for a study permit. I attached a copy application where I need your help in filling the form under Education Cost
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by labiowo: 3:01pm On Nov 27, 2022
This is the attached document

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chiziteremary: 4:24pm On Nov 27, 2022
Wow Congrats, so fast. May the land of Canada favour u in Jesus name.

Buxel:
Hello guys, its Ppr. I received my stamped passport today!!!!!
I have been an active reader on this platform but 1st time posting.

I am a 2nd time applicant.

1st application submitted on 24th April, 2022 and breakfast was served on 15th June, 2022 for financial assets wahala.

Contacted Makano and we worked on GCMS notes which took forever to come (the devil is a liar).
2nd application was submitted on 30th September, 2022.
Truly, what God cannot do, does not exist!

By His grace, I will be resuming for winter class at Northeastern University Vancouver. (My Vancouver folks, where una dey?)

Attached is my timeline for the rest of the story.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 4:36pm On Nov 27, 2022
Yhn1:

Those students who have travelled can one buy one way ticket or is it a must to book return ticket for students

You can get a one way ticket.

A return ticket is if you want to process PTA from the bank.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Panasonic101: 4:38pm On Nov 27, 2022
labiowo:
Hello Nairalander,
Please, I need the assistance of the guru in the forum as regards completing my application for a study permit. I attached a copy application where I need your help in filling the form under Education Cost

Tuition fee ; you should know x number of years.
Room and whatever; $10k X number of years.
Funds available; convert your POF to $

I don’t know if am right o. It’s self explanatory.. make guru come
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 4:39pm On Nov 27, 2022
Otikmsk:

Thanks bro, pls do u have there contact?

It's been a while and I also interacted with a lot of airlines so I can't tell which number belongs to Egypt air.

Check their website, streamline the search to their Lagos/Abuja office in Nigeria - from their website to avoid scam.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by labiowo: 5:04pm On Nov 27, 2022
Thanks for quick response

tuition fee ; you should know x number of years.
Room and whatever; $10k X number of years.
Funds available; convert your POF to $

I don’t know if am right o. It’s self explanatory.. make guru come [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Otikmsk(m): 5:11pm On Nov 27, 2022
johnstan:

It's been a while and I also interacted with a lot of airlines so I can't tell which number belongs to Egypt air.

Check their website, streamline the search to their Lagos/Abuja office in Nigeria - from their website to avoid scam.

Thanks bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NotaMod: 5:21pm On Nov 27, 2022
johnstan:

For some reason Nigerian applications are reviewed and processed in Nairobi Kenya.

The Lagos and Abuja office merely processes biometrics collection, receive your passport when it's required and inscribe the visa counterfoil already processed and presented to them from Nairobi.

No your passport will not be shipped to Nairobi and returned for visa stamping, it will reflect the issuing country (Nairobi Kenya) and not Lagos.

You were correct. It was requested by office in Kenya. It showed received in abuja. All four family members got their visa. They're beyond excited.
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bollytun: 5:56pm On Nov 27, 2022
My sister submitted her passport to lagos vfs via DHL since 28th of October, since then there have not been any update. She has sent several mail and webform.

Please gurus in the house, what else can she do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by modupsie(f): 6:27pm On Nov 27, 2022
Good evening all,

Please I will like to know the exact documents needed to use landed properties for ties. Is it the land purchase receipt or valuation report?
I do not have landed properties but my late father as quite a number of properties. How can I use this for my application since there is no will written by him

Please kindly advise me gurus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mosunmolade: 6:51pm On Nov 27, 2022
Please, I need someone who can write good statement of purpose/ letter of intent. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ladyj143: 6:54pm On Nov 27, 2022
makano:
Congrats once again Buxel,

and thank you for trusting in my Canada immigration expertise to handle your application, all glory to God that it ended in praise..

Canada can't wait for you to explode in greatness

Peace

Hello Maikano, I've been waiting to see you here for help, please i just DM you kīndly respond. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Akelvin51: 7:15pm On Nov 27, 2022
Please can anyone make a detailed post on the various documents we need to carry so as not to have any issues at the port of entry, leaving December 19th via KLM

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cheebu: 7:19pm On Nov 27, 2022
Bollytun:
My sister submitted her passport to lagos vfs via DHL since 28th of October, since then there have not been any update. She has sent several mail and webform.

Please gurus in the house, what else can she do

There's nothing much she can do except to be patient. A lot of people who submitted their passports to the Lagos office during the height of the terror threat (especially last week of October and first week in November) are yet to get their passports back. Besides the communication from VFS Lagos haven't been helpful. They probably stashed all these passports in their Lagos office till they got the go-ahead from Abuja to send them over. That's a theory anyway.

Now there's a lot of passports to deal with, hence the delay. Just be patient.

(1) (2) (3) ... (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.