Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,574 members, 7,847,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:16 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (665) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1266593 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiPromise: 11:12pm On Dec 25, 2022
johnstan:

I paid DHL to dispatch my ppt to VFS Lagos and then picked it in person at their Lagos office as well FOC.
Pls how long did it take b4 your passport was returned to Lagos vfs?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by match2016: 11:27pm On Dec 25, 2022
Unlimitedojay:

Thank you so much please where can I find the financing page because the pages are much and my sister is also a dentist she has a certificate of Nigeria registered dentist can she enter Canada with the dentist certificate or she should enter through school also ?

Just use the search bars and for example look up pof, proof of fund, sponsor, loan, mpower, banks pof etc. There are specific pages but I can’t remember which one because as you said there are many pages.

For your sister, she can’t enter with her Nigerian dental certificate. She will need to decide what she really wants To do and how much time and money she wants to commit to the process. She can’t practice dentistry without going back to school in the US and Canada. It’s slightly more easier for the US route but less chances of getting in. For Canada, best thing is to try and reach out to anyone that has gone that route before. If she decides to go to Canada she needs to be aware that she may fully not be able to practice dentistry for a long time. But if she is open to some other things then she should go ahead and enter through school at this time. I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChubaKC: 11:56pm On Dec 25, 2022
bullstriker:
1. I recommend you defer the admission to September. If your application is approved before December 31, you can quickly inform the school; I doubt your request will be granted before December 31.

2. Most likely, but they don’t always ask

3. It's unlikely they will request for updated POF if you defer. IRCC usually ask for updated POF when they suspect you inflated the account or the application has taken longer to process. They want to ensure the funds are still available.

4. Contact your school for the deadlines to register or drop classes. You will not have any issues at the port of entry if you do not change the program and school.

5. Contact your school.

6. Contact your school.

7. I believe it will not slow the processing time.
A month prior to the start date is advised if you don’t have a justifiable reason to arrive months before your start date.

Thank you so much Bullstriker. I sincerely value your responses.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 1:18am On Dec 26, 2022
You have covered everything; they don’t usually ask for all of them.
You can use the updated bank statement if the funds are still in the account; otherwise, the one used for your application will suffice.

As of October 1, 2022, ArriveCan is no longer mandatory.

Kukoyimukthar17:
Hello gurus in the house

Please can anyone put me through on the document they ask at the port of entry in Canada am going to Manitoba

Because I was told they will ask
My passport
LOI- letter of introduction from Ircc
Enrollment letter
School fees receipt
Proof of fund

My question is can I use my statement of account which I used for my application then in August as my proof of fund or I need updated one?

Did I ArriveCAN also ?

Please I need answers �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 1:39am On Dec 26, 2022
ChiPromise:

Pls how long did it take b4 your passport was returned to Lagos vfs?

It took 15 days from submission to pickup
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kajolplus: 4:31am On Dec 26, 2022
Greetings house,

I paid application & biometric fees online and submitted application online too.

I got an email to do biometric at VFS.

Do I need to book appointment before going to VFS for biometric?

Do I pay VFS also for biometric service? If yes, at what stage would I pay it?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChubaKC: 5:47am On Dec 26, 2022
Kajolplus:
Greetings house,

I paid application & biometric fees online and submitted application online too.

I got an email to do biometric at VFS.

Do I need to book appointment before going to VFS for biometric?

Do I pay VFS also for biometric service? If yes, at what stage would I pay it?

Thanks.

Yes, you need to book an appointment with vsf for your biometrics, however, you don’t need to pay again since you’ve paid online during your application.
Book an appointment, you’ll receive a confirmation letter for your appointment from vsf. On the appointment day, have with you your biometrics request letter, confirmation of appointment letter, 2 colored photocopies of your passport bio page with your email and phone number written on it, and your original passport. Good Luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by robertito7(m): 6:50am On Dec 26, 2022
GoodofNaija:

HMC Campus, Mississauga.
Okay, I'm going to be in Oakville, what's your program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AwealthDRL: 7:19am On Dec 26, 2022
Good morning and Merry Christmas, please what's the new portal for aspiring international student aside the gckey. Thanks
johnstan:

Check IRCC here
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html

Check page 1 of this thread.

Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 7:49am On Dec 26, 2022
AwealthDRL:
Good morning and Merry Christmas, please what's the new portal for aspiring international student aside the gckey. Thanks

Compliments of the season.
Here,
https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kajolplus: 8:03am On Dec 26, 2022
ChubaKC:

Yes, you need to book an appointment with vsf for your biometrics, however, you don’t need to pay again since you’ve paid online during your application.
Book an appointment, you’ll receive a confirmation letter for your appointment from vsf. On the appointment day, have with you your biometrics request letter, confirmation of appointment letter, 2 colored photocopies of your passport bio page with your email and phone number written on it, and your original passport. Good Luck!

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 8:14am On Dec 26, 2022
Hi. Is there anyone in Toronto who can accommodate me for a few days
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Unlimitedojay: 8:42am On Dec 26, 2022
makano:
There is more to having 10M, you guys need to know this..

Peace

Please tell me more
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by rukkymomoh: 9:25am On Dec 26, 2022
Please who want to sell his or her luggage space. From Lagos to Regina Saskatchewan please contact thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pepman: 10:03am On Dec 26, 2022
Compliments House,

Please are there people that have applied to Holland College and got approved for students visa. Someone was saying that the college is not popular with the VO and that because the fee isn't as high as others that visa might might denied. Real life experience and the experts advice would be appreciated. Looking at PGD Project Management and not many schools offer the course except in Ontario which I don't want.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by favourdamsel: 10:15am On Dec 26, 2022
Oldfashioned145:
Ok so here it is

LANDING GIST....

FIRSTLY thank you father for this opportunity to write this up, I'm forever gratsful, all glory honor and power belongs to you.

Ok so my flight was 23rd of of December via Qatar Airways ( 2 stops Doha and Toronto). Costs 1.2

Anyways got to the airport by after 5 because I live close to MMA ( e dey do me say I forget my sponge wey i put for ziploc bag Sef ).

Was asked for my passport and E ticket at the entrance then they wanted only me to go in without my dad, But my dad bless his heart pulled ranks as per immigration officer whey him be with multiple stamps on his passport. Them allow am enter fast fast.

We got to the weight scale and my properties were as follows one Ghana must go the gray one ( 29kg) , one box( 32kg) carry on( didn't weigh)and one laptop bag + hand bag.

The guy weighing the stuffs as per Jim dey find person wey go grease him Palms no gree answer me when I asked him for solution to this whole ordeal baba just say make I reshuffle con go pay 258 or so for excess luggage. I laughed

Anyways my dad had to buy another grey bag 3k when he saw that they were about to lock the gate. I reshuffled, dumped something I didn't need. Ok finally we got to an agreeable weight and the guy as per say I be student tell me say make I hehe commit my Garri because that's what making my bag weigh much. I did so and then after that one I proceeded to the first cubicle where I was asked for my passport and enrollment letter ( naija airport ooh). I gave to the man, he looked and looked at me I was like whahahlur. Finally he pushed me to the next cubicle where I was asked for my passport only before proceeding to check in.

I jammed another whahahlur here oh because these guys weighed my bags and opened their mouth waaaaah saying its too much blah blah blah that he can only push the First grey bag that the second one needs to be reduced. So me wanting to use wuru wuru sense went to remove my white Garri from my bag and put in my hand luggage ( don't mind me I forgot) . Sha after getting my three boarding pass, I moved to immigration where I was asked to place my belongings and all that Sha and remove my shoes ( na for here them confiscate my ijebu Garri, e pain me small, the woman officer con dey give me attitude untop the Garri sef rubbish. )

Got my carryon, my laptop bag and my handbags and now had to run Omo my shoulder almost dislocate

To be continued
nice landing gist. Hmmm So garri is not acceptable for travel. This one your garri was seized at the Nigeria airport . Ooh you forgot to remove the garri from your carry-on bag. Wish u Success in Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bukunmijoshua: 10:55am On Dec 26, 2022
[quote author=Geerlings post=118995148][/quote]

Hello good afternoon please i need guidance on how to go for re application i was denied twice although it was done by an agent but this time i want to reapply mmyself. Please i need guidance on how to go about it on platform on when to submit my documents and everything. Please i need help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GoodofNaija: 12:00pm On Dec 26, 2022
robertito7:
Okay, I'm going to be in Oakville, what's your program
Urban design

Pls I've you got your enrollment letter?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olayinkaji(m): 12:06pm On Dec 26, 2022
Bukunmijoshua:

Hello good afternoon please i need guidance on how to go for re application i was denied twice although it was done by an agent but this time i want to reapply mmyself. Please i need guidance on how to go about it on platform on when to submit my documents and everything. Please i need help
Order gcms notes to know the reason for denial
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Darshitsingh: 12:14pm On Dec 26, 2022
okay4sure:
Please gurus in the house, what type of document did a person going with a visit visa to Canada need to take along to the airport??
help help help, please. THANKS

In order to enter Canada, you must:

an immigration visa for Canada (if this applies)
Proof of Permanent Residency for each member of your family travelling with you

a passport or other appropriate travel document for each member of your family who is accompanying you
two copies each of:
a thorough list of every piece of luggage or home item you're bringing
a list of the things with the highest dollar worth that will arrive later
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 12:34pm On Dec 26, 2022
Unlike PR applications, temporary resident applications are based on the discretion of the VO handling your applications. As a result, expect different answers to your question.
If you can connect the program, school and your ambition, you should have no issue, especially if the school is a DLI and the program is PGWP-eligible. For example, you can say that the college is a small school with a small class size which makes it even easier to have a closer learning interaction with the instructors. You can go further to discuss the method of learning the college uses in Project Management and that it is your best method. Vos likes to know that you have done your research.

What I can say regarding the information you received is that if proof of funds barely meets the requirement (considering the low tuition fee), and you have chosen an affordable school, it could raise the issue of the ability to cover the cost of study without working in Canada. So, it is not because of the school per se but how the VO views your intentions for choosing the school. Show you are financially capable, and the school will not be an issue. There are many Nigerian studying at Holland College, and I have helped many with their application.

There are lots of affordable Project Management in Ontario. Could you share why you don’t want to go to Ontario? Maybe the information you have regarding Ontario and your ambition is incorrect. Let me know if you want to apply to other schools outside Ontario for Project Management, but the tuition fee will not be as affordable
Pepman:
Compliments House,

Please are there people that have applied to Holland College and got approved for students visa. Someone was saying that the college is not popular with the VO and that because the fee isn't as high as others that visa might might denied. Real life experience and the experts advice would be appreciated. Looking at PGD Project Management and not many schools offer the course except in Ontario which I don't want.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 12:39pm On Dec 26, 2022
Don't stop believing, your testimony is coming soon.

aji2000:

My brother that's the best idea o. I am an August 18 applicant just concentrate on other things. This ircc people can give someone high BP. Me I don leave am for God o. He will surely come through for us. Lets be hopeful merry Christmas guys

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 12:43pm On Dec 26, 2022
Interested In the continuation of this, is there any need to get mint? And when did you book the Qatar airways that's 1.2?

Oldfashioned145:
Ok so here it is

LANDING GIST....

FIRSTLY thank you father for this opportunity to write this up, I'm forever gratsful, all glory honor and power belongs to you.

Ok so my flight was 23rd of of December via Qatar Airways ( 2 stops Doha and Toronto). Costs 1.2

Anyways got to the airport by after 5 because I live close to MMA ( e dey do me say I forget my sponge wey i put for ziploc bag Sef ).

Was asked for my passport and E ticket at the entrance then they wanted only me to go in without my dad, But my dad bless his heart pulled ranks as per immigration officer whey him be with multiple stamps on his passport. Them allow am enter fast fast.

We got to the weight scale and my properties were as follows one Ghana must go the gray one ( 29kg) , one box( 32kg) carry on( didn't weigh)and one laptop bag + hand bag.

The guy weighing the stuffs as per Jim dey find person wey go grease him Palms no gree answer me when I asked him for solution to this whole ordeal baba just say make I reshuffle con go pay 258 or so for excess luggage. I laughed

Anyways my dad had to buy another grey bag 3k when he saw that they were about to lock the gate. I reshuffled, dumped something I didn't need. Ok finally we got to an agreeable weight and the guy as per say I be student tell me say make I hehe commit my Garri because that's what making my bag weigh much. I did so and then after that one I proceeded to the first cubicle where I was asked for my passport and enrollment letter ( naija airport ooh). I gave to the man, he looked and looked at me I was like whahahlur. Finally he pushed me to the next cubicle where I was asked for my passport only before proceeding to check in.

I jammed another whahahlur here oh because these guys weighed my bags and opened their mouth waaaaah saying its too much blah blah blah that he can only push the First grey bag that the second one needs to be reduced. So me wanting to use wuru wuru sense went to remove my white Garri from my bag and put in my hand luggage ( don't mind me I forgot) . Sha after getting my three boarding pass, I moved to immigration where I was asked to place my belongings and all that Sha and remove my shoes ( na for here them confiscate my ijebu Garri, e pain me small, the woman officer con dey give me attitude untop the Garri sef rubbish. )

Got my carryon, my laptop bag and my handbags and now had to run Omo my shoulder almost dislocate

To be continued

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 12:46pm On Dec 26, 2022
Ethiopian airways is about 887k for January 11 but if you get something cheaper please notify me

Timonline:
Happy Christmas everyone, Ircc delivered me a Christmas Package by sending me ppr on the 22nd of December, I've sent my passport to VFS Abuja where I had my biometrics. I am now waiting for send it back. Please house I want to get information on cheap flights, my school is in Vancouver so I want to travel from Lagos or Abuja directly to Vancouver as time no dey on my side. My school resumes on the 4th of January. Please how do I find and book affordable flight tickets ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 1:09pm On Dec 26, 2022
Are you in Regina

No
rukkymomoh:
Please who want to sell his or her luggage space. From Lagos to Regina Saskatchewan please contact thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GoodofNaija: 1:36pm On Dec 26, 2022
bullstriker:
You have covered everything; they don’t usually ask for all of them.
You can use the updated bank statement if the funds are still in the account; otherwise, the one used for your application will suffice.

As of October 1, 2022, ArriveCan is no longer mandatory.

Hello bullstriker, pls how can I get my enrollment letter?
Is it issued by school and at what stage? I have just submitted my passport to IRCC via DHL and vfs.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NGOZIGLORI(f): 1:41pm On Dec 26, 2022
Ps how did you get this amount. We are still trying to bookv

v:

Ethiopian airways is about 887k for January 11 but if you get something cheaper please notify me vv

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 2:26pm On Dec 26, 2022
Proof of enrolment is not required if your program has not started and the deadline to register for courses has not passed.
You can request an enrolment letter from your school if you have registered for courses. Also, a copy of your registered courses printed from the school’s portal will suffice for proof of enrolment.
GoodofNaija:

Hello bullstriker, pls how can I get my enrollment letter?
Is it issued by school and at what stage? I have just submitted my passport to IRCC via DHL and vfs.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Itua123: 2:30pm On Dec 26, 2022
How much is the program for project management at Holland college?. I will like to apply for my wife. Though she read physics in her BSc with 2.2
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AwealthDRL: 2:39pm On Dec 26, 2022
God bless you. Please what does it mean by invite code before I can sign up. How do I get the invite code please
johnstan:

Compliments of the season.
Here,
https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by erock2477: 3:00pm On Dec 26, 2022
Hello everyone, please I want to apply for study visa for myself and I also want to apply for my dependent visa which is for my wife and kid.

I understand I will apply directly for study visa for myself but since I am not applying for study visa for my wife and kid, which option should I choose for them when applying since they are dependent.

Will appreciate a candid response.

Thanks �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JESUSSON1: 3:28pm On Dec 26, 2022
If I may ask, supposing an individual offered U a scholarshi to study in Canada, how can I address that in my SOP?
bullstriker:

Unlike PR applications, temporary resident applications are based on the discretion of the VO handling your applications. As a result, expect different answers to your question.
If you can connect the program, school and your ambition, you should have no issue, especially if the school is a DLI and the program is PGWP-eligible. For example, you can say that the college is a small school with a small class size which makes it even easier to have a closer learning interaction with the instructors. You can go further to discuss the method of learning the college uses in Project Management and that it is your best method. Vos likes to know that you have done your research.

What I can say regarding the information you received is that if proof of funds barely meets the requirement (considering the low tuition fee), and you have chosen an affordable school, it could raise the issue of the ability to cover the cost of study without working in Canada. So, it is not because of the school per se but how the VO views your intentions for choosing the school. Show you are financially capable, and the school will not be an issue. There are many Nigerian studying at Holland College, and I have helped many with their application.

There are lots of affordable Project Management in Ontario. Could you share why you don’t want to go to Ontario? Maybe the information you have regarding Ontario and your ambition is incorrect. Let me know if you want to apply to other schools outside Ontario for Project Management, but the tuition fee will not be as affordable

(1) (2) (3) ... (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.