Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,441 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (674) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1219436 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 5:15pm On Dec 29, 2022
jjohndoe83:
Hello people.

Question:
I need your various inputs on what to watch out for and what to do in order to put in a successful student’s visa application come January 2023.

Context:

My sister has been admitted to a designated learning institution in Calgary (SAIT) to study for a 2 year legal assistant/paralegal diploma to begin in September 2023. We have paid the tuition deposit and have a letter from the school already.

She has 2 siblings (my sister and I) who are permanent residents of Canada. We will be sponsoring her application, fees and every associated cost. She will be living with one of us and commuting to school as we both own homes in the Calgary area.

Will our proof of income, tax filings, pay slips, etc be sufficient to show that we can foot the bill? I don’t doubt that we can foot the bill.

My greatest concern is showing home ties. Let’s face it nobody is really planning to go back to Nigeria but since IRCC prefers lies, so be it. How do we do this? Considering that she’s a student and doesn’t have a formal job to return to after her studies (she does run a fashion outfit where she makes clothes but it’s largely informal and nothing registered), our parents are late and we have only one other siblings left in Nigeria (who is also going’s to be applying for PR soon).

Also, we did one “try your luck” sibling sponsorship application that is still being processed. How do we navigate this as well.

She is currently in 400L in uni., (whether she finishes the program or not is not a big deal). The prolonged ASUU strike caused us to start exploring this option. Is this something we should be disclosing on the application or just keep quiet about it since she would not have completed the degree at the time of application.

I’m looking for tips on what to include and not include in the application to make it a success.

cc: bullstriker

SHe can use association membership and volunteer activities as home ties, you have draft the story to show that these things are close to her heart and she will be back to continue them.

Another option will be for you and ur sister to gift her the funds and the application will be raised as self-sponsorship where she will not mention you guys too much thereby reducing the weight of the relationship and increasing her home ties.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Adedoyin116: 5:16pm On Dec 29, 2022
HazeeyzaH:

I booked same flight too.. Montreal is in Quebec which is in canada.. point of entry would be montreal ni... ko need transit my sister

My flight is from Lagos to Toronto. Lay over from Lagos-Doha-Montreal-Toronto
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NGOZIGLORI(f): 5:16pm On Dec 29, 2022
Good evening all, please for stamping of passport where is it done? Is it Abuja or Kenya.
A mail was sent to us that it has arrived Abuja when we tracked it ,it is saying it is on transit.

This passport is what is holding us from booking flight.
It was submitted last week Friday.

Pls any idea of when we will likely get it back ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NGOZIGLORI(f): 5:18pm On Dec 29, 2022
And she has to leave latest 10th
As school resumes 4 of January but they are given to 12th to be in School

NGOZIGLORI:
Good evening all, please for stamping of passport where is it done? Is it Abuja or Kenya.
A mail was sent to us that it has arrived Abuja when we tracked it ,it is saying it is on transit.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgb2: 5:36pm On Dec 29, 2022
Adedoyin116:

But am going to Toronto

Toronto is cheaper but don’t book qatar coz most times they transit US if you have booked qatar make sure they are not transiting US check Egypt or Ethiopia is between 480 to 590 for one way
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgb2: 5:40pm On Dec 29, 2022
hammed71:
Good morning guys please I got an email from vfs today that my processed passport has been received and is ready for collection that it will be sent through courier, Please do I need to pay courier fees.

You need to be sure of the mail you received by calling them. I got same mail not for me to call them and they told me it’s still in abuja . Don’t go there without calling first
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgb2: 5:43pm On Dec 29, 2022
johnstan:

It will not be as exorbitant as mallam rate tho.
Official rate is roughly N454/$1, theirs may be over N500 depending on what their rate would be for the day you make your payment.
I think you should contact them on the date you want to make payment to know their rate for that day

Please who are these people and Do they have office in lagos or does online exchange
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by socially4fun: 5:49pm On Dec 29, 2022
johnstan:

Form A takes within 60 days these days and flywire ideal window for transfer receipt is 30 days.
They can extend the receipt for an additional 14 days (it has been done for me before) and even more if you engage/notify them of the situation timely.
I can recall I interacted with them days and sometimes a week to my deadline reminding them that FX was a challenge in Nigeria and I was assured of their assistance where necessary.
Now if the payment is made using the details on the flywire receipt, flywire will receive the inflow into their account but they may want to be reluctant to check due to the long wait time. Nonetheless, they will not receive your inflow and claim they did not.

Thank you John. I did contact them. They said when the bank transfers the money, I should send them a mail attaching the SWIFT copy and create a new payment, and they will take it from there. However, they informed me that if there’s a change in FX, I will balance the remaining. Thank you for your response.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by socially4fun: 5:51pm On Dec 29, 2022
Focusmind:

Hello, my wife is about to begin her Form A application for payment of her school fees. Does she need to generate payment ID from Flywire?

Her school provided Flywire as one of the means through which school fees could be paid. However, we want to process her school fees payment via Form A. So, an ID still need to be generated from the Flywire Portal in completing the Form A?

Thank you.

Yes. Flywire is a payment method. Form A provides the dollars.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Eseosajoy: 6:51pm On Dec 29, 2022
Please anyone going to Regina for fall 2023? Any group chat?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HazeeyzaH(f): 7:05pm On Dec 29, 2022
NGOZIGLORI:
Ps what date is this and what amount
We never book flight ooo still waiting for the passport

Qatar Airways.... 8th Jan... my daughter and i.. 2.06m
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HazeeyzaH(f): 7:06pm On Dec 29, 2022
Adedoyin116:

My flight is from Lagos to Toronto. Lay over from Lagos-Doha-Montreal-Toronto

I am going to Toronto too.. same flight details
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HazeeyzaH(f): 7:10pm On Dec 29, 2022
NGOZIGLORI:

I sent on friday too.. got mail that it has been submitted from visa application center to ircc for stamping... no other update yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by aestake: 7:13pm On Dec 29, 2022
NGOZIGLORI:

Better get your ticket.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutowo(m): 7:16pm On Dec 29, 2022
MumiOlivia:

Yes I have been offered admission to study in Cape Breton University. Thank you V. much

Please can u put me through on the admission to cape Breton university... I don't want the one i will be looking for supervisor up and down..

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sos123: 7:21pm On Dec 29, 2022
2 years course
pufframmy:
Congratulations how many year course

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sos123: 7:33pm On Dec 29, 2022
1. Letter of introduction is separate. that shows my job description, level, line manager ETC.
The reference letter stated that I do not owe my institution anything and I'm of good conduct

2. My affidavit of return stated (high court of justice not employer)
I'm applying for a study permit to Canada for two years course
My school name
That I will return to my home country after school provided that my visa expires
That I depose to this affidavit in good faith and for record purposes.

3. To be honest, I have seen people get approval without a police certificate. Please just be safe and add it. When i did mine it was 13K now its 45k. Naija! Just tie all the knots

Also, please when you go to the court request for the digital affidavit, it has a barcode that anyone can scan and it redirects them to the high court of justice website. This will show that it is genuine.

theotherwoman:
You are very courageous...most people would have given up hope. Your Congratulations are in order.

Letter of introduction and reference letter are they two separate letters from your employer?

Affidavit of return to home country between myself and my employer.
How do i get him to sign especially if he is not in the country?

Also i heard the police clearance certificate is mandatory. How true is it?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sos123: 7:35pm On Dec 29, 2022
Yeah I got a response from the office of Prime Minister Trudeau, Also from the office of the Minister of Immigration. But it was mostly generic.

Ilueh:

Congratulations����
Please were you getting responses from prime minister, minister of immigration, and the other people you emailed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sos123: 7:40pm On Dec 29, 2022
Stand strong and be prayerful. Omo I been dey pray KPA! I nearly carry PM name enter Shiloh ooh.

I won't even lie. E go enter your body make nobody deceive you. I felt angry, sad, and crazy. I think as humans we go through all these times to build character and appreciate life better.

Now that I have my PPR, It's as if the 26 weeks was nothing. It only made me appreciate it more.

Feel everything as it comes. go with the flow. YOU'RE ALLOWED!

Leadforteservic:
Congrats my brother.

26 weeks no be here o.

Mine that is 16 weeks , Its already beginning to get me depressed and affect my mental health

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sos123: 7:42pm On Dec 29, 2022
From research, I heard both are fine. But I used the high court. No institution is really greater than the court IMO. I paid 3k

mizchoco:
Congratulations on your PPR
Pls I would like to ask, for the Deed of Gift, is it okay to use just a Notary Public Or must one use High Court to notarize the documents?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sos123: 7:49pm On Dec 29, 2022
MY PADIEEEEEEEE AMEN OOOOOOH!! YOUR OWN IS COMING IJNNNNN

olufunbi:
Hearty congratulations my same date applicant.

This shows mine is on the way by the grace of God amen..I celebrate you greatly.

quote author=sos123 post=119501817]PPR REQUEST..... FINALLY AFTER 26 WEEKS & 6 DAYS (6 MONTHS & 5 DAYS)

Application received: June 23, 2022
Passed the medical exam: August 5, 2022
Review of eligibility: September 24, 2022

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
INT'L PASSPORT

POLICE CLEARANCE

EVIDENCE OF PAYMENT FOR THE FIRST HALF OF TUITION
- STATEMENT INDICATING PAYMENT
- CAR SALE AGREEMENT (SOLD MY CAR TO PAY THE FIRST HALF OF THE FEES)
- CAR DOCUMENTS
- DRIVERS LICENSE

CERTIFICATES SUBMITTED
-WASSCE
-DEGREE RESULT
-NYSC CERT
-IELTS
-BANKING SCHOOL CERTIFICATE
-RESEARCH ETHICS CERTIFICATION

INTRODUCTION & REFERENCE LETTER FROM EMPLOYER
PAYSLIP FOR 3 MONTHS
STAFF ID CARD
INTRODUCTION & REFERENCE LETTER FROM PENSION ADMINISTRATOR

BIRTH CERTIFICATE
TAX CLEARANCE
FAMILY INFO & ID CARDS ( I SPOKE ABOUT THEM ON MY SOP)

AFFIDAVIT OF RETURN TO HOME COUNTRY AFTER SCHOOL
ATTESTATION OF GOOD CHARACTER FROM THE CHURCH

DEED OF GIFT FROM MY MOTHER (NOTARIZED BY THE HIGH COURT).
UPFRONT MEDICAL SHEET
STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT FOR MY BANK ACCOUNT
STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT FOR MY PENSIONS

MY SCHOOL FEES IS 27,000 CAD (I HAD A TOTAL OF 13M IN MY ACC)
SELF SPONSORED
NEW PORTAL

During my journey, this is what I noticed ---
Start and End with prayers, because only God can give you the strength for this process.

Do your own research, watch a lot of videos on youtube and read different forums.

We can all do this application ourselves, but please use an agent if you're not well-versed in the process. To avoid mistakes.

Don't pick an agent that doesn't have your time. Ask questions, and Pick his/her brain. From your little research of the process, you will be able to find out if the agent knows his onions.

Write your SOP yourself Please. Only you can tell your story. If you're using an agent tell him your story truthfully so that he can advise you. If you're not using an agent find someone on this platform to talk to and polish your SOP and Story. Agents don't usually write SOPs sef.

Form A access has been hard recently but please don't give out money to just anyone to help you fast-track the process. Always use a banker you can hold. Don't pay anyone money you meet online. The heart of Man is wicked.

My agent was wonderful, stayed and prayed with me throughout the process.

Now start to Exercise Patience! Build your shield.

PRAYYYYY!!!!

My experience was crazy ...... 27 weeks no be beans. I was sending web forms every day and the replies were generic. I sent mails to MP, PRIME MINISTER, MINISTER FOR IMMIGRATION, and EVERYBODY FOR OVER 13 WEEKS BEFORE I RECEIVED PPR TODAY.

I left Nairaland for some time for my mental health but today I'm back with Joy. Thanks to everyone here, I made friends & family here.

Please anyone can reach out to me anytime for any form of guidance.

Peace

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutowo(m): 7:49pm On Dec 29, 2022
favourdamsel:
Hello friends. Please a friend got admission for 2years masters. tuition is 7800cad/year and living expenses is 10000 cad.

And she intends using her hubby as her sponsor. She will pay 2600cad for one semester.

Please like how much does her hubby needs to show as being sponsor?
Would it be okay for her hubby to show 8million naira to show as POF

Please am sorry to ask this...which school gave her admission for masters at the price ..am interested please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutowo(m): 7:50pm On Dec 29, 2022
favourdamsel:
Hello friends. Please a friend got admission for 2years masters. tuition is 7800cad/year and living expenses is 10000 cad.

And she intends using her hubby as her sponsor. She will pay 2600cad for one semester.

Please like how much does her hubby needs to show as being sponsor?
Would it be okay for her hubby to show 8million naira to show as POF

Please am sorry to ask this...which school gave her admission for masters at the price ..am interested please

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pufframmy: 7:54pm On Dec 29, 2022
OK thanks for replying my Canada favour you
sos123:
2 years course
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mizchoco: 8:19pm On Dec 29, 2022
Can the Affidavit of return be done by a Notary Public?

sos123:
1. Letter of introduction is separate. that shows my job description, level, line manager ETC.
The reference letter stated that I do not owe my institution anything and I'm of good conduct

2. My affidavit of return stated (high court of justice not employer)
I'm applying for a study permit to Canada for two years course
My school name
That I will return to my home country after school provided that my visa expires
That I depose to this affidavit in good faith and for record purposes.

3. To be honest, I have seen people get approval without a police certificate. Please just be safe and add it. When i did mine it was 13K now its 45k. Naija! Just tie all the knots

Also, please when you go to the court request for the digital affidavit, it has a barcode that anyone can scan and it redirects them to the high court of justice website. This will show that it is genuine.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiPromise: 8:22pm On Dec 29, 2022
HazeeyzaH:

I sent on friday too.. got mail that it has been submitted from visa application center to ircc for stamping... no other update yet.
You may get a collection mail tomorrow morning.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiPromise: 8:23pm On Dec 29, 2022
NGOZIGLORI:

You may get a collection mail tomorrow morning.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mizchoco: 8:25pm On Dec 29, 2022
Pls at what location did you do urs?
Is IMO you stated here suppose to mean Imo state , I don't get that.
Did you also request for the Digital Affidavit? I just read this somewhere now don't know about it that's why I'm asking.

sos123:
From research, I heard both are fine. But I used the high court. No institution is really greater than the court IMO. I paid 3k

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Adedoyin116: 8:29pm On Dec 29, 2022
Hello everyone,

Please how long does IRCC send LOI after stamping passport.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sos123: 8:33pm On Dec 29, 2022
sorry-- IMO -- means -- in my opinion.

I did it in Abuja high court

mizchoco:
Pls at what location did you do urs?
Is IMO you stated here suppose to mean Imo state , I don't get that.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sos123: 8:34pm On Dec 29, 2022
Nope.

mizchoco:
Can the Affidavit of return be done by a Notary Public?

(1) (2) (3) ... (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.