Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (695) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1221089 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nastygurl: 4:39pm On Jan 04, 2023
breakice31:

Huh…my school resumed yesterday.
I already deferred to April before I got my study permit approval. Deadline was 16th, I got my approval on 20th and now my passport is yet to be returned so they will just defer my admission till next semester.
Every stage in this Canada sojourn comes with its own hurdle.

I was in same boat as you but luckily I envisaged earlier on that there was no way I was going to beat the deadline so I talked to my school and they advised me on registering for the semester online in a way that I would still reflect as a full time student… so, i’m starting classes online… once I get my passport stamped I can then make plans to travel down without feeling too pressured

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chigozieevans: 4:51pm On Jan 04, 2023
Alalade95:
Please when did you submit and which place did you submit

Last week Friday
Abuja
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Powermike8: 4:55pm On Jan 04, 2023
Guys what is happening to PPR approval, since the beginning of this year i have not heard of any PPR approval, is it just me that has noticed this.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 5:08pm On Jan 04, 2023
So when do you plan to go?

breakice31:

Huh…my school resumed yesterday.
I already deferred to April before I got my study permit approval. Deadline was 16th, I got my approval on 20th and now my passport is yet to be returned so they will just defer my admission till next semester.
Every stage in this Canada sojourn comes with its own hurdle.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgbengus151(m): 5:09pm On Jan 04, 2023
Amen. Thank you.

RelaxingEnd actually did the whole surfing the internet to get an accomodation. It was majorly an online thingy. You can check out kijiji.ca, 4rent.ca, rentfaster.ca.

Athough we had a lady on ground who helped us to physically check those houses and connected us with this landlord.

TheHamzy:
Congratulations. May Canada favour you in all ways.

Please how did you get accommodation prior to travelling? Cos I’ve been searching all to no avail, I’ll be travelling in May.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 5:19pm On Jan 04, 2023
I know 2 people that got PPR today.

Powermike8:
Guys what is happening to PPR approval, since the beginning of this year i have not heard of any PPR approval, is it just me that has noticed this.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by styx1: 5:22pm On Jan 04, 2023
Winnerpoks:
When did you submit?

23 walkin in Abuja
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgbengus151(m): 5:35pm On Jan 04, 2023
By packing a POF, hope s/he isn't going to formulate a fake account statements for you and present it as something genuine? You need to be careful because this is usually the reason why most people get a 5 year ban.

You can ask around for companies that can fund your personal account and then you pay them some certain percent. That's still better.

cadno:
Hello good people, please I need some clearification::

Who Can help me with contact an agent who Can package POF ( proof of Fund ) for a prospective PGD College applicant in Canada?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by aestake: 5:43pm On Jan 04, 2023
Tgbengus151:
By packing a POF, hope s/he isn't going to formulate a fake account statements for you and present it as something genuine? You need to be careful because this is usually the reason why most people get a 5 year ban.

You can ask around for companies that can fund your personal account and then you pay them some certain percent. That's still better.

When it backfires, they claim it was the agent.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by gaeul(f): 5:59pm On Jan 04, 2023
Thanks a million, you are blessed
CornOak:

1. Yes, you can enter via YYZ (Toronto Pearson) Airport, Toronto.

2. Study permit won't be an issue. Your SP would be issued at the port of entry in Toronto, after which you can proceed to board your flight to New Brunswick.

3. COVID tests or results are no longer required to board your flight or enter Canada.

4. ArriveCAN is no longer a requirement.

5. Have a safe and stress-free flight.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Alalade95: 6:04pm On Jan 04, 2023
Have you gotten your letter of introduction? If Yes pls when.
chigozieevans:

Last week Friday
Abuja
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ilueh: 6:07pm On Jan 04, 2023
cadno:
Hello good people, please I need some clearification::

Who Can help me with contact an agent who Can package POF ( proof of Fund ) for a prospective PGD College applicant in Canada?

Thanks

You are looking at a five year ban, waving at it and it is not only waving back at you, but hugging you so tight.

Kindly abort this mission for your sake.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nazkid1: 6:13pm On Jan 04, 2023
Please is there anyone here who has been approved using an Uncle or Aunty as sponsor?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ibrash600: 6:27pm On Jan 04, 2023
bullstriker:
Yes, it is possible.
sent a DM sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Powermike8: 6:28pm On Jan 04, 2023
Please can you share the emails you directed your enquiries to.

Thanks.

HopefulSuccess:
PPR Timeline and Documents

First Time Applicant
I give God the Glory for making this a reality. Truely, what God cannot do does not exist!

I would like to thank @Teeebabyyy, @Johnstan, @Thomysne @Jaykeh @Trailblazer21 @bullstriker @Joedave25 @lolathegenie and @Gigdraft @Yemilizzy for giving prompt response to my questions.

I submitted my application in July. I started visiting this platform after and I gained some wealth of knowledge.
My SOP was simple and straight to the point (2 pages with one extra page listing the documents I submitted).
I also had lump sum of 2M from my sponsor in my personal statement of account and also salary account which was a bonus from work. I did not explain the lump sums and when ever I see peoples' PPR story, I get anxious and the thought of explaining the lump sum and sending an updated SOP via webform always came to mind but I never did. To be sincere, after seeing some PPRs and documents submitted on this platform, I get worried about my application. I decided to relax and trust God to perfect it.
In August, I got a scholarship, sent it via webform but never got a response (aside generic response) until October. I also sent an email to the MP but they replied that the agents were busy with Russia applicants so they couldn't help.
2nd week in November, I sent a webform to ask for update on my application.
The following week, I forwarded email to Nairobi office.
The 4th week, I emailed Accra, Nairobi and London asking for update and also requesting them to expedite my application. That same week, I ordered my CBSA note. Lo and behold, I checked my portal a week after and saw that my eligibility had started. The following day, I received a medical request.

Timeline
GCKey Account
Application Submitted: July 16th, 2022
Biometrics: July 20, 2022
Biometrics updated: July 20, 2022
CBSA notes ordered: November 24, 2022
Eligibility review: November 30, 2022 (That was the date I saw it. Started between 28th and 30th November)
Medical Request: December 1, 2022
CBSA Notes Received: December 15, 2922
Medical Done: December 21, 2022
Medical Passed: December 27, 2022
PPR: December 30, 2022

No of Webforms Sent: 4
Total No. of Emails Sent: 12

Webform Sent:
Scholarship Letter - Aug
IMM 5257 S1 Form - Sept
Updated LOA - Sept
Requested Application Status - Nov

Documents Submitted
Letter of Acceptance (Master's Degree - 1 Year)
First Degree Certificate
NYSC Certificate
WAEC Certificate
Affidavit for Correction of DOB (WAEC Cert)
Professional Certifications
Employment Letter
Payslips
Salary SOA/Personal SOA
Affidavit of Sponsorship
Sponsor SOA (Mother)
Receipt of Tuition Fee Paid - Almost 19% deposit
Resume
Academic Transcript
SOP - 3 pages
Passport Data Page
Birth Certificate
Police Character Certificate
Pages with Stamped Visa- 2 Countries (Africa and Asia)
Landed Property/Land Survey Document owned by Sponsor(No gift deed - I used it as my home tie and told them that my sponsor will gift it to me when I return to my home country following the completion of my degree. I also explained what I would use it for when I return to Nigeria.

At a point, I sent myself my medical request, PPR and timeline. I saw someone here who did it and got encouraged to do it. The following day, I got my medical request.
Just to encourage those waiting and expecting. Please keep hope alive. It looked like a long wait and had no idea of when it will end but it finally ended in praise. So will it for the hopeful(s)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ednut1(m): 6:31pm On Jan 04, 2023
Powermike8:
2nd working day of the year, many people are still on leave. Biko calm down grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by oluayebenz: 6:36pm On Jan 04, 2023
Olayinkaji:
Abeg a question , can one use girlfriend has home ties? Person wey u wan marry soon but not yet?

You can as well use your side chic as home tie nah grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Valgol: 6:41pm On Jan 04, 2023
[quote author=Yumamm post=119670225]I should have dropped this earlier but the festivities and the magnitude of the joy of receiving PPR for my Spouse and my Son carry me go where I no know.

I tried sending you an email. Can you please respond?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Powermike8: 6:49pm On Jan 04, 2023
This is inspiring, thanks for this update.
Winnerpoks:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chigozieevans: 6:53pm On Jan 04, 2023
Alalade95:
Have you gotten your letter of introduction? If Yes pls when.

Not yet.
How about you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Alalade95: 6:57pm On Jan 04, 2023
Nothing yet
chigozieevans:

Not yet.
How about you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Otikmsk(m): 7:04pm On Jan 04, 2023
MrKong:
Please does anyone know how I can obtain a Police Clearance Certificate in Ilorin?

Thank you ��

Mail me on amos2nice@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 7:08pm On Jan 04, 2023
Replied
ibrash600:

sent a DM sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ifyy101: 7:35pm On Jan 04, 2023
Winnerpoks:

When did they submit their application please ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 7:41pm On Jan 04, 2023
Olayinkaji:
Abeg a question , can one use girlfriend has home ties? Person wey u wan marry soon but not yet?

LOL, it is not impossible, though you have to create a perfect relationship on your SOP, stating how you love her, how you guys have being together, how you she means the whole world to you and that you are coming back to tie the knot. Add your lovey dovey pictures to the application and pray that the VO that reviews your application is a mushy person that likes love stories not those that will say abeg getat with ur love.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 7:47pm On Jan 04, 2023
grin grin
Bobomaigida:

LOL, it is not impossible, though you have to create a perfect relationship on your SOP, stating how you love her, how you guys have being together, how you she means the whole world to you and that you are coming back to tie the knot. Add your lovey dovey pictures to the application and pray that the VO that reviews your application is a mushy person that likes love stories not those that will say abeg getat with ur love.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by diggy4real: 7:51pm On Jan 04, 2023
Hello guys, please I need the at least 5 cheap schools to apply to, and that can guarantee visa. Thanks guys.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 8:32pm On Jan 04, 2023
July and October

Ifyy101:

When did they submit their application please ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 8:33pm On Jan 04, 2023
Any hope it'll be out this week?

styx1:

23 walkin in Abuja
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 8:37pm On Jan 04, 2023
Which schools have you researched? Drop them here for people to advise

diggy4real:
Hello guys, please I need the at least 5 cheap schools to apply to, and that can guarantee visa. Thanks guys.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 8:56pm On Jan 04, 2023
Please for those already in Canada , to apply for sowp is it the student over there in Canada that would apply with his/her gckey login or the partner here in Nigeria that would apply ?
And what are the requirements to apply for the sowp? If you can’t list it u can please share the link to get it .

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CornOak(m): 8:56pm On Jan 04, 2023
Bobomaigida:

cheesy grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.