Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (747) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1225897 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Uzorsammy(m): 11:53am On Jan 18, 2023
How will you apply with ur husband using a company's account with 19m: what is gain of the company supporting you. Did the owner of the company wrote a sponsor letter for u?
Omolayo247:
Please I need advice on what next to do, my agent just told me that I got denied of my student visa� with my husband as dependant
I was told it’s because of the account, I used a company’s account with the sum of 19m at the time of submitting and added my husband’s account with the sum of 4mil, I was denied because of insufficient funds. It was mentioned in my SOP that the company is my sponsor
I paid initial deposit of 2680cad
My agent said I should come and reapply since my admission is still valid till may and look for another account and I will state that the company is not sponsoring me again. And I won’t be able to go with him again.
Please house I need your advice before reapplying again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 11:53am On Jan 18, 2023
Preshyrn:
I have sent a webform to IRCC with my e-medical sheet attached to it but still no update ooo

Same here �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Preshyrn: 11:57am On Jan 18, 2023
I did medicals since October yet no change on my page

chithec:

Same here �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Yemlizzy(f): 12:02pm On Jan 18, 2023
ijeoma5555:
pls good day
am new here please how can I get scholarship with HND certificate in Canada
Hi, good morning you can probably mail certain schools that give scholarships/funding. Who knows you can be lucky especially if you finished with a good/high grade. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 12:14pm On Jan 18, 2023
Preshyrn:
I did medicals since October yet no change on my page

May or September intake?
I think they are attending to May for now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Yemlizzy(f): 12:17pm On Jan 18, 2023
Paulmobo:
Sorry for the long post guys, Good morning all.

PPR alert.

2nd time applicant

Good morning guys, I’ve been a silent reader since the previous thread. I learnt a whole lot on this thread and I say a big thank you to all those who take out time from their busy schedule to answer questions that people ask and help out in whatever little way they can.

My Canadian travel dream was birthed in 2018, I was applying to lambton college and one of the requirements then was ielts. I travelled to port harcourt for ielts exam and actually forgot my international passport in delta state where I was residing (my village people right �) and was not permitted to write the exam, na so my money take loss �. I sha moved on to other things and found myself aspiring to japa again after seeing how our beloved country was not countrying.

I gained admission to canadore college in September 2021 and had to wait to get a new passport because mine was expiring soon before applying for the study permit. I applied for the study permit on the 16th of January and after waiting for so long that I felt like I was losing my mind, the heartbreaking refusal message came my way on the 2nd of August 2022. Omo I was highly devastated and depressed for a minute but i immediately applied for my GCMS notes which came out in less than 2 weeks and after seeing the visa officer’s concern stating my employment letter on file but no proof of income because I didn’t submit my own account statement, I started planning to apply again but had to wait because my sponsor who is my mum had executed contracts and my pof would have been lacking cause majority of the funds for pof was coming from her accounts.
Fast forward to November 12 2022 I reapplied, my previous medical was updated on the 5th of December after sending one webform the previous day and the rest Is history because God perfected what he started.

What I did differently
1) I submitted my own statement of account.
2) My mum did a gift deed for which I only wrote a letter of gift deed and we both signed on it.
3) I wrote a letter of explanation which contained detailed explanations for every lump sum deposit in both mine and my sponsor’s account with documents to back them up. I also explained in this same letter the previous officer’s concern and what I was doing differently in this application to tackle it.
4) I prayed and fasted.

The joy I felt after receiving my ppr is immeasurable and I pray that everyone waiting would experience same feeling in Jesus’s name AMEN. Please if you can apply for your study permit yourself, I’ll advise you do. The first time I was refused, I used an agent but this time around I did it myself after gaining valuable insights from here and YouTube as well. I’m definitely not advocating against agents cause this thing stressful small sha grin but if you can do it yourself please take your time and make sure there’s no rush in your mind cause Canada study permit application will test your patience �

Time line
First application submitted January 16 2022
Biometrics February 16 2022
Upfront medicals February 17 2022
Medicals updated to pass March 03 2022
Application Refused August 02 2022

2nd application submitted November 12 2022
Medicals updated to pass December 05 2022
Eligibility review still ongoing January 10 2023
Ppr January 18 2023.

What a way to start the year. Make I carry passport give them oh, please does anyone know if walk in stamping and collection of passport is still ongoing ?? Thanks
Congratulations!!! The feeling is indeed blissful cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Paulmobo: 12:26pm On Jan 18, 2023
chithec:

Hello Paul
Is your program starting in May or September?

Hello chithec, in the loa I applied with my resumption date was for January but since I can’t meet up, my resumption date is now in September.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 1:01pm On Jan 18, 2023
Paulmobo:

Hello chithec, in the loa I applied with my resumption date was for January but since I can’t meet up, my resumption date is now in September.
Okay, thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Baphil: 1:04pm On Jan 18, 2023
Please house, please those that encountered their application profile not showing on the new platform, was this later resolved? Just received IRCC mails and I cannot see the application.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by shedesire(f): 1:07pm On Jan 18, 2023
Please I need guidance.
I got an acceptance offer from Assiniboine college but they are giving me tight deadlines for study permit application. Hence I may need to use an extended relative as my sponsor because he has a good acct statement.
My question is:
1. Is it possible to use an extended relative as sponsor and what documentations will I need to prove genuiness to the visa officer?

Pls anyone that has been or have seen success with this approach should pls advise. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sweetness24: 1:19pm On Jan 18, 2023
Thanks
Ilueh:

Use webchat to contact VFS and request your tracking number
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nastygurl: 1:19pm On Jan 18, 2023
Baphil:
Please house, please those that encountered their application profile not showing on the new platform, was this later resolved? Just received IRCC mails and I cannot see the application.

Same happened to me, got a mail saying status has been updated...logged in and nothing still on the page. Don't think you should worry your head. They are having technical issues and will resolve it as soon as possible.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Paulmobo: 1:54pm On Jan 18, 2023
Hi guys, please can I still do a 2 way courier service with regards to my passport stamping at vfs Abuja Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Preshyrn: 1:57pm On Jan 18, 2023
I’m supposed to resume this January but since I’ve not been responded to, I’d have to defer
chithec:

May or September intake?
I think they are attending to May for now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 2:04pm On Jan 18, 2023
Preshyrn:
I’m supposed to resume this January but since I’ve not been responded to, I’d have to defer
Have you ordered GCMS note?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harkintem(m): 2:20pm On Jan 18, 2023
HopefulSuccess:
Your application has passed the normal processing time. Have your tried sending webforms and emails to IRCC requesting your application status? If you haven't, try sending webform and email. You can also order your GCMS notes to know what is happening on your application. If you haven't done your medicals, would advise you go for it if you are resuming anytime soon.

I have sent several web forms and emails to ircc nothing change since then
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harkintem(m): 2:22pm On Jan 18, 2023
Baphil:

I just login to check my application on the new platform too, I can’t find my application profile
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harkintem(m): 2:26pm On Jan 18, 2023
chithec:

Any update on your application?
Nothing yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harkintem(m): 2:26pm On Jan 18, 2023
Lookingback:

What about medical??
No medical request up til now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ijeoma5555: 2:27pm On Jan 18, 2023
Yemlizzy:

Hi, good morning you can probably mail certain schools that give scholarships/funding. Who knows you can be lucky especially if you finished with a good/high grade. All the best.
Thanks for your reply
please do have the link of any school
please help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kranjar(m): 2:41pm On Jan 18, 2023
Hi guys, thumbs up for the support rendered on this platform. Please I need information on how I can get the property valuation document as I intend to apply for the sowp later in the year. I reside in Anambra and so will appreciate the contact of a certified estate valuer especially from those that have submitted the valuation report. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Vaneella: 2:45pm On Jan 18, 2023
Hello house, can i use a sponsor for my visa process. and the sponsor is a family friend but we are not related and do not bear the same surnames.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mcfynest(m): 3:12pm On Jan 18, 2023
CharitoJames:
Sometimes the waiting period can be draining. You may cry a lot, get tired, plan to quit or give up but please don't forget to go back to God's word and affirmations for you. It will be there to reassure you when you feel drained. Before you give up, remember the reason you started and hold on to it… you may just be close to the finish line, Quitting shouldn’t be an option, be strong, hopeful and grateful at least for the gift of life and the opportunity to go through this phase.

It will surely end in Praise!!!

Yes! Indeed God is always faiathful

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mcfynest(m): 3:13pm On Jan 18, 2023
HopefulSuccess:
Your application has passed the normal processing time. Have your tried sending webforms and emails to IRCC requesting your application status? If you haven't, try sending webform and email. You can also order your GCMS notes to know what is happening on your application. If you haven't done your medicals, would advise you go for it if you are resuming anytime soon.

Have you done upfront medical?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Danilvex(m): 3:58pm On Jan 18, 2023
I applied on November 29
Biometrics on December 12
Since then, I have been waiting on an update which I never received..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by danherb: 4:00pm On Jan 18, 2023
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mcfynest(m): 4:04pm On Jan 18, 2023
Josh121:

Thank you Waterloo and sept intake

Congratulations in adance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mcfynest(m): 4:05pm On Jan 18, 2023
Preshyrn:
I have sent a webform to IRCC with my e-medical sheet attached to it but still no update ooo

It can take up to 28 days before it will be updated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 4:19pm On Jan 18, 2023
CharitoJames:
Sometimes the waiting period can be draining. You may cry a lot, get tired, plan to quit or give up but please don't forget to go back to God's word and affirmations for you. It will be there to reassure you when you feel drained. Before you give up, remember the reason you started and hold on to it… you may just be close to the finish line, Quitting shouldn’t be an option, be strong, hopeful and grateful at least for the gift of life and the opportunity to go through this phase.

It will surely end in Praise!!!
I was going through this phase when I stumbled on this post
It is actually draining. You think the application process is tough until you submit your application and the real wait begins
It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 4:20pm On Jan 18, 2023
Danilvex:
I applied on November 29
Biometrics on December 12
Since then, I have been waiting on an update which I never received..
Is this for May or September intake?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by otobor12: 5:00pm On Jan 18, 2023
Paulmobo:
Sorry for the long post guys, Good morning all.

PPR alert.

2nd time applicant

Good morning guys, I’ve been a silent reader since the previous thread. I learnt a whole lot on this thread and I say a big thank you to all those who take out time from their busy schedule to answer questions that people ask and help out in whatever little way they can.

My Canadian travel dream was birthed in 2018, I was applying to lambton college and one of the requirements then was ielts. I travelled to port harcourt for ielts exam and actually forgot my international passport in delta state where I was residing (my village people right �) and was not permitted to write the exam, na so my money take loss �. I sha moved on to other things and found myself aspiring to japa again after seeing how our beloved country was not countrying.

I gained admission to canadore college in September 2021 and had to wait to get a new passport because mine was expiring soon before applying for the study permit. I applied for the study permit on the 16th of January and after waiting for so long that I felt like I was losing my mind, the heartbreaking refusal message came my way on the 2nd of August 2022. Omo I was highly devastated and depressed for a minute but i immediately applied for my GCMS notes which came out in less than 2 weeks and after seeing the visa officer’s concern stating my employment letter on file but no proof of income because I didn’t submit my own account statement, I started planning to apply again but had to wait because my sponsor who is my mum had executed contracts and my pof would have been lacking cause majority of the funds for pof was coming from her accounts.
Fast forward to November 12 2022 I reapplied, my previous medical was updated on the 5th of December after sending one webform the previous day and the rest Is history because God perfected what he started.

What I did differently
1) I submitted my own statement of account.
2) My mum did a gift deed for which I only wrote a letter of gift deed and we both signed on it.
3) I wrote a letter of explanation which contained detailed explanations for every lump sum deposit in both mine and my sponsor’s account with documents to back them up. I also explained in this same letter the previous officer’s concern and what I was doing differently in this application to tackle it.
4) I prayed and fasted.

The joy I felt after receiving my ppr is immeasurable and I pray that everyone waiting would experience same feeling in Jesus’s name AMEN. Please if you can apply for your study permit yourself, I’ll advise you do. The first time I was refused, I used an agent but this time around I did it myself after gaining valuable insights from here and YouTube as well. I’m definitely not advocating against agents cause this thing stressful small sha grin but if you can do it yourself please take your time and make sure there’s no rush in your mind cause Canada study permit application will test your patience �

Time line
First application submitted January 16 2022
Biometrics February 16 2022
Upfront medicals February 17 2022
Medicals updated to pass March 03 2022
Application Refused August 02 2022

2nd application submitted November 12 2022
Medicals updated to pass December 05 2022
Eligibility review still ongoing January 10 2023
Ppr January 18 2023.

What a way to start the year. Make I carry passport give them oh, please does anyone know if walk in stamping and collection of passport is still ongoing ?? Thanks

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Preshyrn: 5:36pm On Jan 18, 2023
no I haven't... please how do I go about it?

chithec:

Have you ordered GCMS note?

(1) (2) (3) ... (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.