Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,731 members, 7,851,517 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:13 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (866) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1272877 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (863) (864) (865) (866) (867) (868) (869) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wsx2: 12:11pm On Feb 24, 2023
Teejackz11009:

What of if someone school resumes by September 2023 and you have just been given visa..is it advisable to travel to canada now or still wait for some months before travelling there? ..
And if you decided to go now,will you be eligible to work before your school resumes in that September?

You shouldn’t come in here or else you have someone or have the cash to blow till September you must be enrolled before you can work and most of these schools will not give you enrollment letter until full tuition is paid.

Though many are working illegally but you need to be careful. Too many bills here man you can blow up over a 1300cad here a month in Toronto on accommodation food transport phone bills and others so if you aren’t working for months and doesn’t have someone to accommodate you and pay your bills how will you survive? If you have the cash you can come in anytime . Just make sure you have enough cash and have paid full tuition!

The cold here is too much and many students are studying online from home except in few cases you go to school

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Princeofabia: 12:17pm On Feb 24, 2023
Anyone who applied to mohawk college here??

Please signify..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Perripilzz: 12:24pm On Feb 24, 2023
Here 👋 what province are you going though.
Army2022:
Any September intake traveling by July ?? Hope I'm not alone.

May ppr testimonies rain here soon, I hope to board with fellow nairaland students in same flight smiley grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AwetechMCM: 12:41pm On Feb 24, 2023
Yeah I did, waiting for feedback; Did you?

Princeofabia:
Anyone who applied to mohawk college here??

Please signify..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Princeofabia: 12:43pm On Feb 24, 2023
AwetechMCM:
Yeah I did, waiting for feedback; Did you?

Yeah...I did too...Sent you a message.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by coolangel54(f): 12:49pm On Feb 24, 2023
My family got PPR on the 20th of February!

I never expected it as I was waiting for a denial (my school doesn't issue PGWP and this was the sole reason I was expecting a denial and possibly POF too). If you have been following my story here, I said it before applying and some persons advised I tell VO that I won't come back after studies and I thought that would be detrimental to me in the future. So I just did a normal SOP and provided what I had to provide.

I'm still in shock that my whole family got PPR, we are a family of 4.

My school (ITD) is in Vernon, BC and it's a two years programme of which one year is co-op.

I have been thinking on how to strategize so I can reapply to public colleges that issue PGWP maybe not now but before the completion of my programme in Canada (need to gather funds for that).

I was told I will have to write a new SOP, provide all particulars again that I used for my application, POF, photos, etc.

Please, I will need your candid advise on how to go about it so I don't make silly mistakes like I earlier did when I chose ITD.

N.B: I have a list of schools/colleges in the Atlantic Provinces of Canada in my list already.

Please, I need advise and ideas 🙏

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by FranklynJonin: 1:19pm On Feb 24, 2023
If you can get an English proficiency letter from the registrar of your past uni or vice principal academics for secondary school this will serve. The letter will state that you were taught in English and your first language is English.

ActivatedDreams:

Yes but there is a pop up on my portal where I’m asked to upload it. Please anyone who as applied to the school before should help me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GmanAkinnx: 1:24pm On Feb 24, 2023
Hi Everyone,

Please I solicit your guidance. I applied for study permit November 15, 2022 and I have my study permit approved February 22, 2023 - The good news!!!

School - University of Canada West
Course - MBA
Province - Vancouver, BC.
Spring Intake - April 2023

First LOA from the school was Winter Intake - January 9,2023. Because the approval from IRCC didn't come in January 2023, I requested a deferral of admission till Spring Intake - April 2023. This was approved by the school and a new LOA was issued for Spring Intake - April 2023.

*My Question*
I would like to defer the admission again till Summer Intake July 2023 in order to raise additional funds to support myself (and family) but I am not sure what the immigration implications will be especially now that IRCC has approved my study permit here in Nigeria. Will they count the number of months my study permit was approved to the date I resumed for studies in the school? Someone, kindly guide me!!!

Secondly, at what point can I start to apply for my family to join me? Can I start immediately, or will I have to get into Canada first? Please guide me accordingly. What is the best way forward?

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by benedictuyi(m): 1:33pm On Feb 24, 2023
When attaching bank statement as POF, is it ok to use the statement generated via the bank app?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by vic001: 1:47pm On Feb 24, 2023
Please I need guidance on this. Anyone, pls help.

vic001:
Hello everyone, someone kindly advise. I am applying on the portal -https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en and want to include my children to my application, how do i do that please as at the point of paying application fees, just my name is showing.
God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ActivatedDreams: 1:56pm On Feb 24, 2023
Itua123:
so sorry, I am still waiting for admission letter from Ucalgary. I applied for Msc in mechanical engineering since September 22 and till date no response from them.

I’m about applying for same program against fall and I’m scared

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by aestake: 2:14pm On Feb 24, 2023
Molajim:

But it also states that you don’t need it if English is your first language.
Is it for everyone?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Itua123: 2:25pm On Feb 24, 2023
ActivatedDreams:

I’m about applying for same program against fall and I’m scared
my brother, I applied for university of calgary and Carleton since Sept n Aug 22 respectively and till today no admission. Very fustrating.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2kurupt(m): 2:35pm On Feb 24, 2023
coolangel54:
My family got PPR on the 20th of February!

I never expected it as I was waiting for a denial (my school doesn't issue PGWP and this was the sole reason I was expecting a denial and possibly POF too). If you have been following my story here, I said it before applying and some persons advised I tell VO that I won't come back after studies and I thought that would be detrimental to me in the future. So I just did a normal SOP and provided what I had to provide.

I'm still in shock that my whole family got PPR, we are a family of 4.

My school (ITD) is in Vernon, BC and it's a two years programme of which one year is co-op.

I have been thinking on how to strategize so I can reapply to public colleges that issue PGWP maybe not now but before the completion of my programme in Canada (need to gather funds for that).

I was told I will have to write a new SOP, provide all particulars again that I used for my application, POF, photos, etc.

Please, I will need your candid advise on how to go about it so I don't make silly mistakes like I earlier did when I chose ITD.

N.B: I have a list of schools/colleges in the Atlantic Provinces of Canada in my list already.

Please, I need advise and ideas 🙏

First of all congratulations are in order. You don't need to panic about the state of your school not offering PGWP. I will advise you travel then switch schools (obviously to one that has PGWP) immediately, there will be no re-application of a study permit rather you only update the IRCC of the change in schools.
I know someone in Toronto that had similar issues initially but she is now in her second year at a PGWP approved school as we speak.

Cheers

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ActivatedDreams: 2:35pm On Feb 24, 2023
Itua123:
my brother, I applied for university of calgary and Carleton since Sept n Aug 22 respectively and till today no admission. Very fustrating.

I don’t think I would try Calgary then, because the application deadline is in march and I guess my chances are slim already. You can also try other schools
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by benedictuyi(m): 2:39pm On Feb 24, 2023
benedictuyi:
When attaching bank statement as POF, is it ok to use the statement generated via the bank app?
embarassed cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Funkia: 2:56pm On Feb 24, 2023
Ucalgary deadline is Dec 1st.their admission is 10-12wks after deadline according to them so anytime from now till mar 1st.also applied to ucalgary hope hear good news from them too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mimifam: 3:19pm On Feb 24, 2023
Hello @Frankrobbn1 pls I'll like to get in touch with you how do I go about that please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mimifam: 3:21pm On Feb 24, 2023
Please when you're self sponsored and most large sum deposit into your personal savings account is from your business account eg like you pay yourself salary based on the profit you made on each month, do one need to explain all this on sop? After submitting both business account and personal savings account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 3:52pm On Feb 24, 2023
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information provided in the web forms submitted and regret to inform you that we are unable to process your enquiry nor attach any of the associated documents (if applicable).

The Privacy Act ensures that a person's identity and personal information are protected. The email address provided in the web forms is attached to numerous individuals therefore, we have concluded that we are not communicating with the concerned clients.

In order to respond to your enquiry, each client must provide their written consent to IRCC by completing the Use of a Representative form and submitting it via the IRCC Web form. You may also contact the appropriate governing body to verify that you are a member in good standing.

Please make sure to enter

Good morning guys does anyone know what ircc is requesting for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fetengrn: 4:01pm On Feb 24, 2023
September intake.

Please, do I have to book to and fro? Or just One way?

Also any recommendations on where I can book cheap flights.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fetengrn: 4:06pm On Feb 24, 2023
Oldfashioned145:
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information provided in the web forms submitted and regret to inform you that we are unable to process your enquiry nor attach any of the associated documents (if applicable).

The Privacy Act ensures that a person's identity and personal information are protected. The email address provided in the web forms is attached to numerous individuals therefore, we have concluded that we are not communicating with the concerned clients.

In order to respond to your enquiry, each client must provide their written consent to IRCC by completing the Use of a Representative form and submitting it via the IRCC Web form. You may also contact the appropriate governing body to verify that you are a member in good standing.

Please make sure to enter

Good morning guys does anyone know what ircc is requesting for?
What was your inquiry about?

I know they wouldn't accept information or documents that should have been included before submitting the application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 4:10pm On Feb 24, 2023
I've been sending webmails to ircc on behalf of someone.

And the person got the emails this morning. I want to know if IRCC can track where webmails are being sent from

Fetengrn:
What was your inquiry about?

I know they wouldn't accept information or documents that should have been included before submitting the application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 4:12pm On Feb 24, 2023
chithec:
My PPR story!!!
First time applicant

*Timeline*
Submission-December 8th
Upfront medicals updated- January 30th( after sending webform)
Eligibility started-January 31st
BVL-February 14th
PPR-February 14th
LOI-February 23rd
Financial documents submitted
MBS(salary account)
Tuition deposit-2500CAD
Mpower loan disbursement letter(Full tuition and COL)
Other documents submitted
BSc certificate
IELTS result
2 certification courses
6 months payslip
Dad's ID
Mum's ID
My work ID
Employment letter, salary upgrade letter, promotion letter
PCC(Police Character Certificate)
Thanks to everyone contributing here
You'al are the real MVPs
And to everyone waiting for that PPR alert
You are next!!!
Met some real cool people here
Aboffline and cuppycak3 cool
Congratulations Chithec, please did you state how the loan will be repaid in your SOP?
Also, if you had the loan for tuition and COL why did you show your own funds?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 4:13pm On Feb 24, 2023
Just one way

Fetengrn:
September intake.

Please, do I have to book to and fro? Or just One way?

Also any recommendations on where I can book cheap flights.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by quinstershaw: 4:17pm On Feb 24, 2023
Itua123:
You said you applied for an MSc. Do you have a supervisor already?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 4:31pm On Feb 24, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Congratulations Chithec, please did you state how the loan will be repaid in your SOP?
Also, if you had the loan for tuition and COL why did you show your funds?
I did not state how the loan will be repaid on my SOP even though I already made the necessary arrangement for that.I think that should be between you and Mpower.
I presented my MBS because I had to show the money for my flight ticket going and coming back

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ourunivibes(m): 4:34pm On Feb 24, 2023
A post graduate certificate-1 year Duration in Canada

Please what's my fate with this. I'm about paying the app fee.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 4:36pm On Feb 24, 2023
ourunivibes:
A post graduate certificate-1 year Duration in Canada

Please what's my fate with this. I'm about paying the app fee.
Just make sure it's in line with your previous education or your current job
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ourunivibes(m): 4:38pm On Feb 24, 2023
chithec:

Just make sure it's in line with your previous education or your current job

I studied bsc in computer sci.
And currently I'm a software dev.

(1) (2) (3) ... (863) (864) (865) (866) (867) (868) (869) ... (1317)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.