Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,807 members, 7,831,632 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (897) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1241589 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (894) (895) (896) (897) (898) (899) (900) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Japh11: 4:27pm On Mar 08, 2023
PPR Alert for my wife!!!
God have done it ohhh...What we've waited for has come to pass. It's a long story.
1st Application for Visitors visa on January 2022, got refusal on March 30 ,2022. Reapplied on 1st April, 2022
Eligibility review started on June, 2022, pending till date.
2nd Application for SOWP on November 11,
Did upfront medical on 9th November, 2022
Eligibility started on 5th March 2023, no final decision yet.
3rd Application for Study Permit on 13 February 2023
Medical updated to pass on 6th March 2023
Didn't see when it went into eligibility.
PPR on 7th March 2023

God that did it for us will visit everyone in Jesus name. We are in the month of marching Forward.

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 4:27pm On Mar 08, 2023
Olayinkaji:
Hello Guys. I really want to appreciate this group and the many advice I got from here. I appreciate chithec frankrobbn1 bullstriker johnstan makano Lekiboboe JustMellow Chocs
I initially used an agent an was denied sometime around 2020. Following the advice mentioned above, I was finally given a PPR.

I did it all by myself. Thank you, Jesus!!!! I really thank God for being with me and seeing me through all this. I wrote my resignation letter with faith to be on April 7, and yesterday my PPR note landed.

Timeline:

Application SUbmitted on January 16
Biometrics Completed January 23
Eligibility February 12
Upfront medicals February 10
Medical Passed and Approval; March 6

I am going for PGC Project Management
Documents I submitted:

1. Letter of Acceptance
2. Passport/Travel Document
3. Proof of Financial Support
a. Letter of Explanation for Proof of funds
b. Proof of Payment of Receipt for 1st term tuition
c. My Account Statement (MBS) - I had 200k left after paying tuition
d. Sponsorship Letter from my Father
e. Sponsor’s (father) Bank Statement
f. Sponsor’s (father) Business CAC Certificate
g. Sponsor’s (father) Land documents
4. Additional Documents
a. Letter of Explanation for Study Permit
b. Resume
c. Letter of Employment
d. Letter of Confirmation of Employment
e. Letter of Commendation (2019 &2020)
f. Letter of Promotion
g. Training Certificate (Project Management)
h. Degree Certificate
i. Director Letter for my dad's business
j. Work ID Card
k. NYSC Certificate
l. A picture I and my parents

If I may ask, please how do I submit o. I made a mistake on my passport then but sent a webform to change it which they responded they have done it.

Big congratulations cool

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Welsh2np: 4:42pm On Mar 08, 2023
Japh11:
PPR Alert for my wife!!!
God have done it ohhh...What we've waited for has come to pass. It's a long story.
1st Application for Visitors visa on January 2022, got refusal on March 30 ,2022. Reapplied on 1st April, 2022
PPR on 7th March 2023

God that did it for us will visit everyone in Jesus name. We are in the month of marching Forward.

Congrats.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Danilvex(m): 5:00pm On Mar 08, 2023
Wunmi4:
hi I'm planning university of manitoba for winter next year,can we be in contact?

Same here too university of Manitoba. How can we get in contact
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Reach2me: 5:28pm On Mar 08, 2023
University of Windsor applicants for Winter 2024? Please signify

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by FranklynJonin: 6:09pm On Mar 08, 2023
@johnstan do one have to pay for the Airbnb online before coming or we are to pay on arrival?

johnstan:

Yea they are expensive when u book close to your arrival. I'm not sure about hotels cos I booked an Airbnb. The place I stayed had full services like WiFi, equiped kitchen etc.
Just look for the cheapest option and go for it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by prunchee(f): 6:11pm On Mar 08, 2023
Hello everyone
PPR in January
I will be going to Red River College Monitoba for January 2024 winter session. Anyone who will like to connect or is there any WhatsApp or Telegram group I can join for networking purposes. I will really appreciate .
Thanks
Congratulations to everyone who have gotten their PPR

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pufframmy: 6:17pm On Mar 08, 2023
Please Does the school use to issue enrollment letter even without the first-semester balance payment

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cath1234(f): 6:46pm On Mar 08, 2023
JESUSSON1:
Congrats. May mapple land favor U. Using ur sister's husband as the sponsor, how did u prove the relationship link, and financial commitment ?

Amen , he provided us his passport and my sis own and bank statement with his wife joint account that’s 1 account, then the other was his salary account .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cath1234(f): 6:48pm On Mar 08, 2023
Please who is going to conestoga for May kindly hit me up please or send in your contact i will message you , or who is in conestoga already even if is last year please I have questions to ask please help me🙏

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 6:50pm On Mar 08, 2023
JDB55:
I'm going as a self-sponsored and I've made part payment of my tuition fees ($6,504 CAD). My tuition fees for 1yr program is $17,504, i showed $25,486 as POF.

Sorry for the refusal, as a self sponsored applicant you have to show enough funds to cover your full tuition and living expenses for the duration of the programme and travel expenses

Total funds= 25,486
less Tuition to be paid = 11,000
Funds available = 14,486

Whereas you are supposed to have =10,000 for 1 year living expenses
Travel expenses = 2,000
Miscellaneous = 2,000
Total = 14,000
less available funds = 14,486
in effect your POF is just a fraction higher than what you need, with no room for error. So it is too close to the threshold since you are sponsoring your self.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JESUSSON1: 7:11pm On Mar 08, 2023
Good. u guys SOP must be supper good and convincing
Cath1234:

Amen , he provided us his passport and my sis own and bank statement with his wife joint account that’s 1 account, then the other was his salary account .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jay5050: 7:18pm On Mar 08, 2023
Greetings to you All,

Please I need help in extending my study permit in Canada. My visa and study permit was approved last year August 2022 and would expire by April 2023 because that's when my passport validity expires. I have gotten a new passport here in Canada and would like to extend my study permit to cover the duration of my studies. But the problem is: I cannot see the application for my case on the IRCC website. I only see the application for changing of school. Please has anyone encountered similar issues?
I need assistance urgently.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JDB55(m): 7:21pm On Mar 08, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Sorry for the refusal, as a self sponsored applicant you have to show enough funds to cover your full tuition and living expenses for the duration of the programme and travel expenses

Total funds= 25,486
less Tuition to be paid = 11,000
Funds available = 14,486

Whereas you are supposed to have =10,000 for 1 year living expenses
Travel expenses = 2,000
Miscellaneous = 2,000
Total = 14,000
less available funds = 14,486
in effect your POF is just a fraction higher than what you need, with no room for error. So it is too close to the threshold since you are sponsoring your self.
OK bro, I'll work on that. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pheranmie2023: 7:21pm On Mar 08, 2023
Japh11:
PPR Alert for my wife!!!
PPR on 7th March 2023

Congratulations 🎊🎉
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sara2022: 7:26pm On Mar 08, 2023
[
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ActivatedDreams: 7:31pm On Mar 08, 2023
Reach2me:
University of Windsor applicants for Winter 2024? Please signify

Here, when did you apply and what program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ijeshaprincess: 7:32pm On Mar 08, 2023
Jay5050:
Greetings to you All,

Please I need help in extending my study permit in Canada. My visa and study permit was approved last year August 2022 and would expire by April 2023 because that's when my passport validity expires. I have gotten a new passport here in Canada and would like to extend my study permit to cover the duration of my studies. But the problem is: I cannot see the application for my case on the IRCC website. I only see the application for changing of school. Please has anyone encountered similar issues?

Thanks

You fill the same form as if you are applying afresh, but use your Canadian address and include form IMM5709. Check Youtube. YOU MUST APPLY AT LEAST 30DAYS BEFORE THE CURRENT ONE EXPIRES or you will be out of status and it will cost more money and be on your immigration record!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bernice123456: 7:33pm On Mar 08, 2023
I guess you have to Go to Port of entry with your passports.
Shaa wait for other response

Jay5050:
Greetings to you All,

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ndubisi12: 8:12pm On Mar 08, 2023
MrErudite:

"You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your or your host's income and assets."

Please is this the reason you got on your refusal letter ?
yes that's the reason that i got from them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dayjeee(m): 8:53pm On Mar 08, 2023
Anybody doing masters in university of regina here?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MARINA49: 9:34pm On Mar 08, 2023
Bsc. Statistics and I didn't change my program
JESUSSON1:
Congrats. Are u still going for Business Management or u changed ur program? what course did u study in ur bachelor?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cuppycak3: 9:50pm On Mar 08, 2023
Request for “my bank statement slip” it's just one page instead of the normal bank statements it will reduce ur documents
Ishaq96:

I already did. It’s not working. Please how do you guys do it. My financial documents plus my sponsors own after compressing both landed properties and payslips, employment letter, affidavits , bank statements of both sponsor and my self and tuition receipt is 14mb

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by rahmeekadigz(f): 10:08pm On Mar 08, 2023
Going to redriver college for August 2023 intake
prunchee:
Hello everyone
PPR in January
I will be going to Red River College Monitoba for January 2024 winter session. Anyone who will like to connect or is there any WhatsApp or Telegram group I can join for networking purposes. I will really appreciate .
Thanks
Congratulations to everyone who have gotten their PPR
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cuppycak3: 10:15pm On Mar 08, 2023
Why avoid Egypt air?
Bernice123456:

Avoid Egypt air. Ethiopian air is a better option
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ugbebs: 10:24pm On Mar 08, 2023
Hello everyone.

I applied to UNB in December 2022 and have not received a response since then. Has anyone received admission for an application submitted in December?

Can anyone in UNB WhatsApp or Telegram group help me with a link to join? I will really appreciate this. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wunmi4: 10:33pm On Mar 08, 2023
CanadaNomad:

From research, Uniwaterloo has a superb software engineering program. Not sure if they have an okay acceptance rate but you could give it a try.
Please what about schools offering anima science programs? I'm a graduate of animal science
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Randomperson19: 10:34pm On Mar 08, 2023
Hey everyone, please does anyone here go to UCW? Recently got admitted and stumbled on some not so nice reviews and I need confirmation from existing students.
1. Is it true that the school isn’t entirely transparent about their fees and spring up random amounts for courses?
2. Also has anyone tried to get a refund from them before, did they grant it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wunmi4: 10:41pm On Mar 08, 2023
JESUSSON1:
Congrats. Are u still going for Business Management or u changed ur program? what course did u study in ur bachelor?
Can you drop Makano email please? Is he here on Nl?

(1) (2) (3) ... (894) (895) (896) (897) (898) (899) (900) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: Ri0207

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.