Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,405 members, 7,819,435 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados (5694 Views)

What's The Best Skill To Learn Under 6 Months For Me To Migrate To Europe? / Top 7 Countries To Migrate From Nigeria In 2020 / Which Country To Migrate To With N4 Million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by sinto5(m): 8:41pm On Jul 30, 2022
Good day fellows, pls I need your candid advise, am planning of relocating to Barbados with my wife .
I'll will like to know what is it like over there, have tried to Google search but am not comfortable with most of the findings on Google, so I decided to see if I could get some advice from my Naira landers.
Thanks

Pls can you help move this to front page

1 Like

Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:49pm On Jul 30, 2022
sinto5:
Good day fellows, pls I need your candid advise, am planning of relocating to Barbados with my wife .
I'll will like to know what is it like over there, have tried to Google search but am not comfortable with most of the findings on Google, so I decided to see if I could get some advice from my Naira landers.
Thanks

Pls can you help move this to front page

Barbados is a beautiful island nation and very popular tourist destination located in the Caribbean. Whats your reason for wanting to relocate there and what would you like to know about Barbados/Bajan people?

4 Likes

Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by izibili44: 8:50pm On Jul 30, 2022
See question.
1stGenAmerican:

Barbados is a beautiful island nation and very popular tourist destination located in the Caribbean. Whats your reason for wanting to relocate there?

2 Likes

Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by sinto5(m): 8:56pm On Jul 30, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Barbados is a beautiful island nation and very popular tourist destination located in the Caribbean. Whats your reason for wanting to relocate there and what would you like to know about Barbados/Bajan people?

Thanks for your prompt response, I want to leave Nigeria and settle down there, will like to know how to get there and what to expect when am there and what will be the cost of relocating and also securing a job there
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by SmellyNyash: 9:02pm On Jul 30, 2022
Where u wan run go? U better stay and enjoy buharis change oh

5 Likes

Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:08pm On Jul 30, 2022
sinto5:

Thanks for your prompt response, I want to leave Nigeria and settle down there, will like to know how to get there and what to expect when am there and what will be the cost of relocating and also securing a job there

All visitors to Barbados are required to have a valid return ticket in order to be allowed into the country at the point of entry. You’re planning on relocating instead of just visiting so what type of stay are you seeking? What attracted you to the country?
Because the economy is dependent on tourism, most jobs are in the tourism industry and employ Bajan nationals. I will advise you that Barbados is experiencing immigration challenges, especially with large amounts of Haitian immigrants arriving almost daily. Barbados is a small nation with a limited amount of resources available to the country’s citizens and the large population of newly arrived immigrants is placing a strain on the government as it struggles to provide for its citizens first. The cost of living is relatively expensive and the job prospects are minuscule so unless you have well established ties, it may not be an ideal destination for you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:12pm On Jul 30, 2022
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:17pm On Jul 30, 2022
Your Nigerian passport will allow you to stay in Barbados for a maximum of 6 months.

https://immigration.gov.bb/pages/visa_requirements.aspx

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by sinto5(m): 9:48pm On Jul 30, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

All visitors to Barbados are required to have a valid return ticket in order to be allowed into the country at the point of entry. You’re planning on relocating instead of just visiting so what type of stay are you seeking? What attracted you to the country?
Because the economy is dependent on tourism, most jobs are in the tourism industry and employ Bajan nationals. I will advise you that Barbados is experiencing immigration challenges, especially with large amounts of Haitian immigrants arriving almost daily. Barbados is a small nation with a limited amount of resources available to the country’s citizens and the large population of newly arrived immigrants is placing a strain on the government as it struggles to provide for its citizens first. The cost of living is relatively expensive and the job prospects are minuscule so unless you have well established ties, it may not be an ideal destination for you.

But on the contrary it's still much more better than Nigeria, as when I google search their living, health cost it's more prefered than Nigeria in all areas.
Are u saying it's not a better option for me to migrate??
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by 1stGenAmerican(f): 10:23pm On Jul 30, 2022
sinto5:

But on the contrary it's still much more better than Nigeria, as when I google search their living, health cost it's more prefered than Nigeria in all areas.
Are u saying it's not a better option for me to migrate??

So you’re considering migrating for 6 months, which is the maximum time you can remain there?
It may be ‘better’ for its citizens than Nigeria is for Nigerians but did you read the part of my reply that addressed the strain the government is experiencing due to the huge influx of immigrants (mainly Haitians and Venezuelans)? The Bajan government is being forced to intercept migrants the moment they land in order to maintain a small amount of control on the state of affairs in the country and the strain is being passed on to the citizens, causing them to become anti-immigrant. What would entitle you as a visitor to any of their resources and how do health costs impact you as a visitor? How do you plan on sustaining yourself?
If Barbados was a large country with a vast amount of resources like the US and other European countries then it would be different but Barbados is a small country that was capable of sustaining its own people and has begun to struggle with stretching resources, causing it to guard its borders. Keep in mind that because it’s a relatively small island, it’s not very easy to fade into the scenery and fly under the radar.
I can’t tell you what is/isn’t a good option for you but I’m going to tell you to do extensive research before planning to migrate.

What were the things that caused you to select Barbados as a destination?

9 Likes

Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 30, 2022
You ca

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by 1stGenAmerican(f): 11:19pm On Jul 30, 2022
Olasyke:
You can also try cuba. It's a Caribbean country, kinda. Their health care and amenities are one of the best in the world.
There's also a Nigerian presence there because of the slave trade thing and they worship youruba gods.

Sir, are you being serious by telling him to try Cuba? I’ve never heard of anyone wanting to migrate to a communist country or suggesting it to anyone else. Yes, their healthcare is excellent but it’s strictly for Cuban citizens. The infrastructure is literally crumbling and both electricity and internet are poor, just like most of their living conditions, so which amenities are you talking about?
The slave trade that brought West Africans the island was literally hundreds of years ago, long before Nigeria was even a country. I visited Cuba in late 2018 and saw absolutely no Nigerian presence. The West African roots have sprouted into AfroCuban culture. The only presence in Cuba are Cubans of all shades. No one else except Cubans.
Cuba is a very poor communist country and communism/sanctions/embargoes have really taken their toll on the country, so much so that Cubans flee on inflatable boats in search of greener pastures. The average Cuban earns less than $50usd per month. Read the news about Cubans risking their lives everyday, attempting to leave the island and dismal conditions behind. The Cuban immigration policy is one of the world’s strictest and immigrants make up less than 3% of the population.
Telling someone to migrate to Cuba would be similar to suggesting they migrate to North Korea.

10 Likes

Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by sinto5(m): 11:31pm On Jul 30, 2022
[quote author=1stGenAmerican post=115232925.

What were the things that caused you to select Barbados as a destination? [/quote]

Hmmmm... Actually I am looking for a greener pastures and also don't want to go through the stress of all this visa palava, seeing Barbados as a better option and also a visa free country for Nigerians.
What other countries can you advise I migrate to.. and if I may ask do you base in Barbados?
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by sinto5(m): 11:32pm On Jul 30, 2022
Olasyke:
You can also try cuba. It's a Caribbean country, kinda. Their health care and amenities are one of the best in the world.
There's also a Nigerian presence there because of the slave trade thing and they worship youruba gods.

Cuba of all places ... Haba ... Is Cuba a visa free country for Nigerians?
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by 1stGenAmerican(f): 11:34pm On Jul 30, 2022
sinto5:

Hmmmm... Actually I am looking for a greener pastures and also don't want to go through the stress of all this visa palava, seeing Barbados as a better option and also a visa free country for Nigerians.
What other countries can you advise I migrate to.. and if I may ask do you base in Barbados?

No, I’m based in the US and like many Americans, vacationed in Barbados.
I can’t make any suggestions in good faith unless I know your circumstances/credentials/goals. Enlighten me and I’ll go from there.

3 Likes

Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 30, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

I can’t make any suggestions in good faith unless I know your circumstances/credentials/goals. Enlighten me and I’ll go from there.

What kind of games are you playing with me ehn? This girl.
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by sinto5(m): 11:42pm On Jul 30, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Okay. Nigeria is out of it for now for me.
I no go school na secondary school I finish and since then , have been into business got married last year no kids yet, plus my wife is a graduate, I have a computer business I run around school area.
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by ednut1(m): 12:00am On Jul 31, 2022
Its not countries Nigerians must go. Its a small country and you will caught very soon than you expect when you overstay. The workers in the tourism space are not well paid. U that is a Nigerian wan go join them And risk deportation ba

3 Likes

Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by sinto5(m): 12:26am On Jul 31, 2022
ednut1:
Its not countries Nigerians must go. Its a small country and you will caught very soon than you expect when you overstay. The workers in the tourism space are not well paid. U that is a Nigerian wan go join them And risk deportation ba

Do you mean there are no Nigerians staying there
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by ednut1(m): 12:38am On Jul 31, 2022
sinto5:

Do you mean there are no Nigerians staying there
you no dey hear word. Buy ticket and go there na

5 Likes

Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:55am On Jul 31, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:

it’s YOU not me! Check again!
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by Nobody: 1:02am On Jul 31, 2022
sinto5:

Cuba of all places ... Haba ... Is Cuba a visa free country for Nigerians?
Now that i think about it. Cuba isn't a good suggestion.

1 Like

Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by staga: 4:39am On Jul 31, 2022
I live in Barbados. Went there with the Welcome Stamp last year. That visa is for remote workers. You can't work on the island with it.

Apart from the place being quite expensive (I pay $1000 a month as rent), I can tell you that Barbados is an example of a country that works. Not the shithole we call home. There are Nigerians here, but mostly those who are either married to locals, or students of the various universities here.

Virgin and British Airways operate flights from Lagos to Bridgetown, via London Heathrow Airport. You need a UK transit visa. I processed the whole stuff myself with no single agent involved. I got approved, paid the $3000 for the family version of the visa (issued electronically) and got the UK transit visa with not a single stress. Here, there are no illegals. The transit via London checks that so Nigerians are loved here just as if you are Bajan. Do not forget, most of them are descendants of African slaves who were freed and resettled. Many have Igbo ancestry, including Rihanna who is revered and treated like a goddess here.

Estonia, Croatia, Malta, Seychelles, Dubai and Cape Verde all have versions of this visa and they are cheaper. But for me, the choice was an English speaking country with a large black population so we would not have racism issues. I have not experienced any racism or xenophobia here.

Be careful of all these "i sabi" folks making all kinds of comments here. I did not come here on holiday. I live here now and very much integrated so I can tell you what is on ground.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:26am On Jul 31, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:

Hel-looo?

1 Like

Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:29am On Jul 31, 2022
staga:
I live in Barbados. Went there with the Welcome Stamp last year. That visa is for remote workers. You can't work on the island with it.

Apart from the place being quite expensive (I pay $1000 a month as rent), I can tell you that Barbados is an example of a country that works. Not the shithole we call home. There are Nigerians here, but mostly those who are either married to locals, or students of the various universities here.

Virgin and British Airways operate flights from Lagos to Bridgetown, via London Heathrow Airport. You need a UK transit visa. I processed the whole stuff myself with no single agent involved. I got approved, paid the $3000 for the family version of the visa (issued electronically) and got the UK transit visa with not a single stress. Here, there are no illegals. The transit via London checks that so Nigerians are loved here just as if you are Bajan. Do not forget, most of them are descendants of African slaves who were freed and resettled. Many have Igbo ancestry, including Rihanna who is revered and treated like a goddess here.

Estonia, Croatia, Malta, Seychelles, Dubai and Cape Verde all have versions of this visa and they are cheaper. But for me, the choice was an English speaking country with a large black population so we would not have racism issues. I have not experienced any racism or xenophobia here.

Be careful of all these "i sabi" folks making all kinds of comments here. I did not come here on holiday. I live here now and very much integrated so I can tell you what is on ground.

I stand by what I’ve said but I also respect and believe what you’re saying because I’ve only been a tourist, never a resident. The illegals I spoke of are, as I said, the influx of Haitians and the six month time limit I told the OP about was due to him wanting to go to Barbados and find work there in the country, not work remotely which is how your visa operates.
With that being said, you’re much more qualified to explain the actual visa process and how it’s contingent on remote work. I’m sure the op will appreciate your knowledge. Thanks for taking over. grin

6 Likes

Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:40am On Jul 31, 2022
[i][/i]
ednut1:

We were thinking along the same lines. This is what I was addressing, the OP’s plans to go to Barbados intending to find work there inside the country on a limited 6 month stay, not any type of remote worker’s visa.
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 31, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

it’s YOU not me! Check again!

Is it? Truth is I don’t even know which of my email addresses is associated with my NL account lol. But I just sent you another email request. See if you can reply to that now. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by sinto5(m): 7:34am On Jul 31, 2022
staga:

Thanks for this info, please can you give a detailed guidelines on how I can also go about it and possibly the amount I need and also if it's possible I go with my wife.
Or moreover is there's a way I can contact you, so we could discuss better.
Thanks
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by sinto5(m): 2:58pm On Jul 31, 2022
staga:

Am yet to get a response from you
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by staga: 5:30pm On Aug 05, 2022
sinto5:

Am yet to get a response from you

Why not acknowledge the detailed information I gave you same day? Be like the 1 ailing person that returned to give thanks to Jesus when he was healed.

3 Likes

Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by HOKIM(m): 2:05am On Aug 06, 2022
ednut1:

How do you know that the workers in tourism space are not well paid?? Are you based in Barbados??
Re: Want To Migrate From Nigeria To Barbados by HOKIM(m): 2:08am On Aug 06, 2022
staga:

Bajans are xenophobic. No go there oo

(1) (2) (Reply)

US Visa Renewal / 57 interesting Facts About Germany / Tips About IRELAND Before Making The Move!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.